austingirl

I've watched the whole thing. It's not Dark but I still enjoyed it.

Spoiler

I think Daniel is some kind of failsafe in case of interference with the program, and isn't an actual human. Maybe he was her husband at some point, but he wasn't on the spaceship when she woke up in the last episode, and there was something about when he said "I'll always be here" that made me think he meant THERE, in the simulation. And maybe the pain she was trying to forget was losing both Daniel and Elliot.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, austingirl said:

Maybe the mods will take pity on me and correct my typo. Y'all should still watch the show, though.

I think your gonna have to tag one of the mods to get them to change it. For now, any real discussion of the show probably needs to be in spoilers, but maybe after a few weeks when people have had a chance to watch it all we can get them to add a "spoilers starting on page 2 (or 3 or whatever)" tag to the title and discuss it openly.

• Hook 'Em 1

• blacklab changed the title to 1899
17 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Don't waste your time.

This show has no plot and no point.

You'll see.

I too was sucked in by the DARK pedigree.

Now go party like it's 1989.

Spoiler

Wish i would have read this before I got sucked in. This show is dumb and pointless.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 8:50 PM, Jiggy-Z said:

Don't waste your time.

This show has no plot and no point.

You'll see.

I too was sucked in by the DARK pedigree.

Now go party like it's 1989.

So, just like Lost?  This had intrigued me from Netflix trailer, but hard pass if anything like that. 

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

So, just like Lost?  This had intrigued me from Netflix trailer, but hard pass if anything like that. 

Lost was much better than thus.

Lost wrapped up nicely minus the unnecessary purgatory half season mixed in.

This is just crap ridding on the coattails of Dark. Better off rewatching Dark.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't read anything in the thread in order to avoid spoilers, but we're about 1.5 episodes in. I found it interesting, but it's so darkly lit that we have to watch it with all the lights out, and that puts me to sleep even when I'm not tired just the same way reading subtitles makes Mrs. Doom fall asleep, so between the two of us, it's going to take a month to get through this. 

Wow, that was something. I doesn't surprise me that there are very polarized opinions about it. We loved it. 

One of the things I thought was unusual about this show is that there was always so much tension over one thing or another, but we often had no real precise idea about the stakes, motivation, actual objective, possible consequences, etc., of the tense situation like in more typical, straightforward stories. 

Agree with prior comparisons, but would also throw Pandorum in, too.