If a Right-Wing Coup Can Happen in Germany, ....

Ghost of LL

German police across 11 Länder raided sites and arrested 25 people in connection with a right-wing plot to overthrow the government.

The Washington Post story kind of buries the most important part.  In the penultimate paragraph, we learn:

The barracks of a unit of Germany’s Special Forces Command, known as the KSK, was among the locations raided, Der Spiegel magazine reported. The German Defense Ministry disbanded one unit of the elite counterterrorism force in 2020 and announced a restructuring due to suspected extreme right-wing ties of its members.

That shit really is alarming.  And given their generally acknowledged ineffectiveness and inability to meet any foreign foe, one has to start to wonder why Germany has a military to begin with.

• Hook 'Em 3

Well if any of our stupids need pen-pals whilst in prison for attempting to overthrow our government at its own Seat, they can correspond with these fucking lunatics who believe...wait for it...the Fascists never lost WWII.  They faked their own defeat, retreated into hiding, and now operate the Reich's Government-in-Exile from Nevada.  I'll give the German stupids credit though, they invented this conspiracy theory long before the internet.  

The number of people in the military and law enforcement in the West that believe this kinda shit is disturbing as fuck to me.  I get the lonely dude in the basement who has nothing going for him but hatred for people who are different than him.  But it's the people who should otherwise hold their head high for their service and dedication, who then fall for shit like this.  

Then again, what do we expect from the people who literally invented falling for the Big Lie in the first place.  O.G.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

Well if any of our stupids need pen-pals whilst in prison for attempting to overthrow our government at its own Seat, they can correspond with these fucking lunatics who believe...wait for it...the Fascists never lost WWII.  They faked their own defeat, retreated into hiding, and now operate the Reich's Government-in-Exile from Nevada.  I'll give the German stupids credit though, they invented this conspiracy theory long before the internet.  

The number of people in the military and law enforcement in the West that believe this kinda shit is disturbing as fuck to me.  I get the lonely dude in the basement who has nothing going for him but hatred for people who are different than him.  But it's the people who should otherwise hold their head high for their service and dedication, who then fall for shit like this.  

Then again, what do we expect from the people who literally invented falling for the Big Lie in the first place.  O.G.

Not Idaho?  Because, I have to tell you, if I'm going to set up a Reichsexilregierung in the American West, I'm going to want to set it up somewhere that maybe reminds me of the Heimat.  And that isn't Nevada. 

3 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Eight months in the slammer should teach them a lesson 

While they probably won't serve very long in jail, this kinda behavior has an incredibly corrosive stigma attached to it in Germany.  Their memory is not short like ours.  They know what this leads to in the end.  These men will be outcasted from every segment of society from jobs to spouses to churches to bars.  Their names will be trashed for multiple generations.  They will be so outcasted that most of them will be driven to more serious violent crimes that will get them longer sentences, or better yet-driven to substance abuse and suicide.  A year in the penal system is the least of their concerns right now.  The likeliest outcome is that some of them give up their co-conspirators and financiers/handlers, and wind up dead before trial.  Germany has a way of taking out its own trash the last 75 years.  In America, these people would run for Congress and probably win.  

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

Not Idaho?  Because, I have to tell you, if I'm going to set up a Reichsexilregierung in the American West, I'm going to want to set it up somewhere that maybe reminds me of the Heimat.  And that isn't Nevada. 

I dunno, that's their thing for some reason.  They, or some offshoot of their Q-esque movement, has claimed for decades that the government-in-exile operates from Nevada.  I don't know where in Nevada, and I ain't going down that internet rabbit hole of stupidity. 

Some say this all started in Germany with the Volksfrei movement, some say they have ties to the Asian Dawn.  I dunno, my subscription to Time Magazine ran out.  

21 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Hail Hydra!

29 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

German police across 11 Länder raided sites and arrested 25 people in connection with a right-wing plot to overthrow the government.

The Washington Post story kind of buries the most important part.  In the penultimate paragraph, we learn:

That shit really is alarming.  And given their generally acknowledged ineffectiveness and inability to meet any foreign foe, one has to start to wonder why Germany has a military to begin with.

What is really shocking is how much money they spend to have a very dysfunctional military. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Sounds like something a Nazi in hiding would say.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Since we are seeing all these far right movements in various countries around the world all getting motivated to act at roughly the same time, has there been any serious (evidence based vs conspiracy theory) exploration as to why?

The Holcroft Covenant?  (great movie for a dreary weekend afternoon, btw)

The planet was making too much progress too fast.  So somebody figured out if you connect enough stupid people with enough access to enough firepower and enough hate via the interwebs...plant a few seeds and let them talk one another into doing some dangerous shit...you could sit back in your chalet and watch them plan, and even commit, horrible atrocities.  I think Covid-19 lockdowns played a role, too.  It was inevitable.  We got about another decade of this shit before we can take another step forward.  

The disturbing part is how fucking easy this is.  I mean, you would be fucking sick to your stomach, literally vomiting bile if you knew how easy it was to wind up people to do horrible things in the name of political or religious ideology.  I just assumed for most of my life it was only something that unfolded in history books and dystopian films.  Then as a political operator, I got a look behind the curtain.  And it's shit.  It's all shit.  This whole "civilization" thing is held together by duct tape and mutually-agreed upon lies.  These people aren't even hard to manipulate.  They're begging for it.  They ache and yearn to be sent into violence if somebody would just point out who is stealing their freedom and prosperity from them.  In the end, some people just want to know that their hate is okay to feel.  Sadly, they're going to take a lot of innocent people with them on their way to an early grave.  

Remember those warrant roundup holiday events years ago?  Sheriff would send letters to these folks saying they'd get free TV's and gift cards if they showed up to a certain address at a certain time?  And waiting for them was a bunch of law enforcement and process servers?  That's what's next.  Infiltrate these groups, organize in person meetings, and shoot every fucking attendee in the back of the head.  It's already been beta-tested.  

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

The Holcroft Covenant?  (great movie for a dreary weekend afternoon, btw)

The planet was making too much progress too fast.  So somebody figured out if you connect enough stupid people with enough access to enough firepower and enough hate via the interwebs...plant a few seeds and let them talk one another into doing some dangerous shit...you could sit back in your chalet and watch them plan, and even commit, horrible atrocities.  I think Covid-19 lockdowns played a role, too.  It was inevitable.  We got about another decade of this shit before we can take another step forward.  

The disturbing part is how fucking easy this is.  I mean, you would be fucking sick to your stomach, literally vomiting bile if you knew how easy it was to wind up people to do horrible things in the name of political or religious ideology.  I just assumed for most of my life it was only something that unfolded in history books and dystopian films.  Then as a political operator, I got a look behind the curtain.  And it's shit.  It's all shit.  This whole "civilization" thing is held together by duct tape and mutually-agreed upon lies.  These people aren't even hard to manipulate.  They're begging for it.  They ache and yearn to be sent into violence if somebody would just point out who is stealing their freedom and prosperity from them.  In the end, some people just want to know that their hate is okay to feel.  Sadly, they're going to take a lot of innocent people with them on their way to an early grave.  

Remember those warrant roundup holiday events years ago?  Sheriff would send letters to these folks saying they'd get free TV's and gift cards if they showed up to a certain address at a certain time?  And waiting for them was a bunch of law enforcement and process servers?  That's what's next.  Infiltrate these groups, organize in person meetings, and shoot every fucking attendee in the back of the head.  It's already been beta-tested.  

Thanks, but I'm looking for a non-fiction work centered on events of the last decade, like some sort of deep investigative reporting with conclusions supported by real evidence.  I can find all sorts of theories about whats going on, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Edit:  What I really want is the Errol Morris documentary or Malcolm Gladwell book about the rise of fascism globally in the first quarter of the 21st century.  Not something focused solely on Brexit, or the 2016 election, or whatever.  Something that looks across all of this for the ties that bind.

Edited by Goredho
  • Haha 1

It's self-defeating journalism.  To do a deep dive report on what's behind this would only, itself, sound like a conspiracy theory.  There's no one thing behind it.  To uncover evidence just perpetuates the thinking of violent stupids like this...that there are manipulative forces at work trying to change the way they live/breed/worship/think/hate.  

Politicians and Media/Business Moguls finally tapped into what was always under the surface.  They toss out a few soundbites that are easily repeated, empower those people to engage with one another online/TV, and then take up arms, and hang back to profit.  Nothing secret about it.  Stupid people being manipulated can't see they're being manipulated, that's why it works in the first place.  And it's futile to try to point it out to them.  

Deep investigative reporting with conclusions supported by real evidence?  Look the fuck around, man.  The evidence is in your neighborhood, in your extended family, in your schools, in your government.  We live among about 25 million unhinged, deranged, stupid, easily manipulated morons that I could have march on the Bundestag or the U.S. Capitol in 72 hours by just telling them that their vitriol is noble and blessed by God himself.  

Tell an isolated person that their best and highest aspirations are possible, and I'll get a scholarship named after you.  Tell millions of isolated persons that their worst and darkest capabilities are needed to save the country, and I'll make you Fuhrer for Life.  

37 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Since we are seeing all these far right movements in various countries around the world all getting motivated to act at roughly the same time, has there been any serious (evidence based vs conspiracy theory) exploration as to why?

The answer is, at least in part, Russia. Seriously, it has undertaken a large campaign to undermine world powers. And part of that is amplifying and empowering fringe groups like this. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

The answer is, at least in part, Russia. Seriously, it has undertaken a large campaign to undermine world powers. And part of that is amplifying and empowering fringe groups like this. 

Yeah, I know and I know I can find different evidence-based works that talk about Russia with regards to individual events like Brexit, 2016 election, etc… I was wanting something that ties all that together in a single resource.

10 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Yeah, I know and I know I can find different evidence-based works that talk about Russia with regards to individual events like Brexit, 2016 election, etc… I was wanting something that ties all that together in a single resource.

Sorry to berate the point, but the answer you're looking for is "stupidity."  

Hated for others?  Suspicion of those different than you?  Uncomfortable with outliers?  Vitriol?  Violence?  Weaponized?  Alienation?  Contempt?  Envy?  Wow, those are such brand new concepts to the human race.  Not like there's a track record of elevating the exploitation of those attributes to leadership positions.  I mean, it's only happened several million times over human history.  

The difference you're looking for is stupidity.  It was the one negative human attribute that we isolated and condemned.  Those other things could be harnessed and honed for something productive like warfighting or labor.  But the stupid were/are worthless.  You can't even get them to fight or build for you, because they're a drag on the rest of the group.  They're a net loss from the word 'go.'  The mentally defective never served a purpose.  By the time you trained them, equipped them, fed them, and clothed them...the rest of your legion or build team or temple or tribe was hungry with low morale and questioning your decision making.  

But then one day, somebody said, "You're not stupid.  You're just misunderstood!  I was sent to you to save you.  You are chosen!"  And the stupid people got a taste of the adult's table.  They felt what it was like to be elevated, not marginalized.  They saw the world anew and all that was kept from them.  And that is a hard drug to kick.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

While they probably won't serve very long in jail, this kinda behavior has an incredibly corrosive stigma attached to it in Germany.  Their memory is not short like ours.  They know what this leads to in the end.  These men will be outcasted from every segment of society from jobs to spouses to churches to bars.  Their names will be trashed for multiple generations.  They will be so outcasted that most of them will be driven to more serious violent crimes that will get them longer sentences, or better yet-driven to substance abuse and suicide.  A year in the penal system is the least of their concerns right now.  The likeliest outcome is that some of them give up their co-conspirators and financiers/handlers, and wind up dead before trial.  Germany has a way of taking out its own trash the last 75 years.  In America, these people would run for Congress and probably win.  

I dunno, that's their thing for some reason.  They, or some offshoot of their Q-esque movement, has claimed for decades that the government-in-exile operates from Nevada.  I don't know where in Nevada, and I ain't going down that internet rabbit hole of stupidity. 

Some say this all started in Germany with the Volksfrei movement, some say they have ties to the Asian Dawn.  I dunno, my subscription to Time Magazine ran out.  

8 months is what Hitler served for his role in the Beer hall Putsch 

• Hook 'Em 1

and they've been atoning for it ever since.  Guess who they're gonna take it out on now?  Again, even the lower end sentences are the least of the guy's concerns.  Germany does not dismiss this kinda shit like we do in the United States.  There won't be any politicians outside these prisons demanding to confirm the conditions in which these prisoners are kept.  If anything, people will be looking to make their sentences as hard a time as possible.  Dead men don't talk and Deutschland doesn't need these guys around, talking and inspiring copycats.  They'll take measures to ensure as many suicides and accidents as possible