World Cup Quarterfinals - Croatia/Brazil, Netherlands/Argentina, Morocco/Portugal, England/France

Captain Ron

i ain't crying, i watched the first half with argentina fans.

the dutch knocked us out, i didn't want them to win. i was hoping for a great match, which it did end up being, but i wish argentina played more stand up football.

they were lucky to avoid two reds in that match. arguably should've had 9 by the end there.

• Hook 'Em 3

what happened was the ref lost total control of that match and argentina went full conmebol bullshit and was rewarded.
f them, f messi. hope croatia fucks their shit up.
and of course macklemore is an argentina fan. lol. of fucking course.

I like this summary. I have awarded you some Point Break rep (that is the highest of all Swayze rep).
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

i ain't crying, i watched the first half with argentina fans.

the dutch knocked us out, i didn't want them to win. i was hoping for a great match, which it did end up being, but i wish argentina played more stand up football.

they were lucky to avoid two reds in that match. arguably should've had 9 by the end there.

Seems like you are coping and seething. They won the game. Survive and advance. Blaming the ref is fucking stupid. Argentina plays a different style than the Netherlands and it prevailed. It isnt CONMEBOL bullshit or whatever you said. They outplayed the Dutch and took them out of their comfort zone and rightfully moved on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Cope.

i have now gone back and watched the second half on ffwd and i take it all back on vvd.  that body check of paredes while he tried to run away like a typical little south american bitch was fucking awesome.  sent him absolute flying.  glorious.  also loved how all the Argentine pussies weren't really up for bowing up to him afterwards either.

i do not understand how paredes could possibly be allowed to remain on the pitch after that bullshit.  fifa should just kill itself.

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

I didn't realize there were so many Argentina fans here.  Or is it just wanting NED to lose because they beat the US?  Certainly no one here is delusional enough to think we'd make it very far in the knock out rounds.  

Not sure how much trouble Croatia is going to give them in the next game but you'd be unwise to sleep on them.  If ARG makes it past Croatia things are going to get significantly tougher.

I only watch soccer during the World Cup.  Today's games were the best non USA games I can remember watching.  I can't imagine what it would have been like to have been from any of those countries on either side of the game.  I was really hoping both Brazil and Argentina would lose but I'll take one out of two.

1 minute ago, Hozz said:

I only watch soccer during the World Cup.  Today's games were the best non USA games I can remember watching.  I can't imagine what it would have been like to have been from any of those countries on either side of the game.  I was really hoping both Brazil and Argentina would lose but I'll take one out of two.

Any neutral party who appreciates World Cup games and didn’t want a Brazil/Argentina semi is a silly goose

• Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

what happened was the ref lost total control of that match and argentina went full conmebol bullshit and was rewarded.

f them, f messi. hope croatia fucks their shit up.

and of course macklemore is an argentina fan. lol. of fucking course.

This is pretty accurate actually. 
That ref sucks consistently in every major tournament and constantly loses control of games. Anytime I see him in a Champions League game I know it’s going to wild.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Seems like you are coping and seething. They won the game. Survive and advance. Blaming the ref is fucking stupid. Argentina plays a different style than the Netherlands and it prevailed. It isnt CONMEBOL bullshit or whatever you said. They outplayed the Dutch and took them out of their comfort zone and rightfully moved on. 

They should have been playing at least a man down. Arguably two. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

They are not wrong. And this isn’t close to the first time he’s come under fire from players. It legit is amazing that UEFA still has him in high level games. There has to be a Spanish ref who is better.

Edited by hobbes2702

image.thumb.png.fab662d8fcae26fa98bc06a0a5a02efa.png

The Dutch haven’t been about “total football” for a quarter century now. They are a bunch of goons and I’m glad Argentina took the dirty bastards out.

Now that is a hot fucking take. Argentina plays dirty and encourages cheating. Hello handball. Or maybe I will just kick the ball right into the Dutch bench. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. Or lick Icono’s Iranian balls.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Someone explain this one to soccer idiots like myself: why have two extra periods when the score after the first extra period doesn't matter as far as ending the match? Why not just have one 30 minute extra period?

6 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Why have the bottom of the 10th when the top of the 10th does not count. FYI, golden goal was also tried and everyone settled back on two 15 minute over time periods.

Golden Goal = Sudden Death 

Silver Goal = Goal in the first half of OT would end it after 15 minutes 

Two 15-minute OT Halves = what means

I believe that all three OT methods have been used at one time or another and they have settled on the two 15-minute halves.

5 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

And some damn fine AK-47 hash on Willamstrass

If this is really a street in Amsterdam/ The Netherlands, wit would be “WILLEM”-strass. That’s the Dutch spelling of William, and my buddy’s middle name. (His mom is Dutch.)

4 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Goal Argentina. They might make short work of the Dutch.

Argentina only knows how to make short work.

But making short work of the Dutch is a tall order. 👀

3 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That’s kind of a dick move by the Argentinian goalie

That was his intention. He was playing head games. It works better on smaller, insecure CONMEBOL countries than it does with Dutch trees during regulation and OT

3 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Argentina dirty floppers as usual.

Correct. Just like the teams from the Central American isthmus do to the USA to overcome their size disadvantage, Argentina flops to neutralize the Dutch’s physical superiority. (Spain did it against the Dutch in the 2010 Final.)

3 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Nope, Argentina aren’t a bunch of dickheads and cheats. Not at all.

You know better than that.

3 hours ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

I’m rooting for Argentina, but I think that should be two yellows.  

Correct!

1 hour ago, sidis said:

so basically, any argentine player that gets a yellow against croatia is basically out of the final, right?

france, england, and portugal all like...

09bad362862c9e40ad55fa72a15b8a5c_w200.gi

INCORRECT !!

After the yellow card neutered Argentina for the 1990 Final by removing Claudio Caniggia, they realized that you don’t one one team coming into the final, which is watched by billions all over the world, at less than full strength. And you don’t want the announcers talking about the missing player(s). You want them talking about the game.

55 minutes ago, pacman said:

Screenshot_20221209_170542_Facebook.jpg

30 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

But Brazilian fans are classless. emoji2371.png

Well, to be fair, these are the classless Argentine PLAYERS, not the classless Argentine fans. 

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

i keep bringing up the 2010 final because the dutch proved that europeans can match conmebol going full aggro, but one thing the dutch would never do and have never done is fire a ball in to the opposition bench from 10m

that's straight red

argentina should have played 30 minutes down a man

• Hook 'Em 2

Meant to add.  This is VanGaals third time with the Dutch.  He made his living based completely off the mid 80s Ajax academy and an actual (not Belgian) golden generation of players.  He has been a fucking shitbag ever since.

These aren’t the beautiful teams of VanBasten, Gullit, Kluivert, Overmars and Bergkamp.  

Edited by Kringelbert Fishtybuns