World Cup Quarterfinals - Croatia/Brazil, Netherlands/Argentina, Morocco/Portugal, England/France

Captain Ron

4 minutes ago, sidis said:

Pure luck. Absolute luck that Kane went full spursy. They got whipped in the midfield today and their back four is just a complete clusterfuck of disorganized, undisciplined bullshit. And they got more breaks from the ref on top of it. They have to switch something up. They aren’t going to hoist the cup with that shit showing. 

I mean... that's probably the best team you're going to play from here on out. 

But yes, the back 4 handing out pens isn't optimal. 

14 minutes ago, sidis said:

Pure luck. Absolute luck that Kane went full spursy. They got whipped in the midfield today and their back four is just a complete clusterfuck of disorganized, undisciplined bullshit. And they got more breaks from the ref on top of it. They have to switch something up. They aren’t going to hoist the cup with that shit showing. 

Those two goals were so lucky!

6 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Those two goals were so lucky!

Those two goals were pure class and they should have had two more. But the way we let Saka just carve us up and the way the defenders kept getting caught out (along with giving away two no question pks) it is extremely lucky to have given up one goal. 

12 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Counting this game and the two that France have left to play, this will be by far their worst performance. 

I mean, they might look better because England are the highest scoring team in the tourney and France's back line are a shambles.  But that doesn't guarantee a result, obviously.

Just now, Patricio Swayze said:

That’s a weird way to pick a team.

Is it?  People tend to root for the national teams of their heritage, and a ton of Americans have English heritage.  And, while I was kidding above, this does seem to be a very white forum.  So, I'm not at all surprised that there are a lot of England fans here.  I'd be surprised if there were a lot of Senegal or South Korea fans here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Is it?  People tend to root for the national teams of their heritage, and a ton of Americans have English heritage.  And, while I was kidding above, this does seem to be a very white forum.  So, I'm not at all surprised that there are a lot of England fans here.  I'd be surprised if there were a lot of Senegal or South Korea fans here. 

Team Naija fan here because why the hell not?  I mean, seriously... they got some style.

_101845690_ipiccy-collage.jpg

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

That’s a weird way to pick a team. But picking a team is weird to me. Just born into like I was born into being a Longhorn fan then eventually getting a couple degrees from texas sealed it.

Argentina isn’t as “white” as they love to claim.

I grew up in SW Houston and there was an Argentine who had a hole in the wall restaurant next to a Stop N Go called Lalo’s. He mainly sold pizzas but also had a few Argentinian dishes on his menu. His walls were plastered with posters and pics of Argentina. I remember watching Maradona in his restaurant with my Dad during the 86 World Cup. That’s where I developed a strong affinity for all things Argentina. I went to college and met hot, rich Argentinian chicks that were way out of my league that I wanted to fuck and never got close to doing so. The classic 98 World Cup game against England where Beckham got sent off cemented them as my favorite side to root for. The history of their country fascinated me as well - it is a country that used to be one of the top 6 wealthiest countries in the world before WWII and has become an economic basket case ever since Perón. I went to Buenos Aires before I was married and had a great time fucking whores, eating steaks and snorting the best coke I have had in my life. Viva Argentina.

Edited by Macklemore

I grew up in SW Houston and there was an Argentine who had a hole in the wall restaurant next to a Stop N Go called Lalo’s. He mainly sold pizzas but also had a few Argentinian dishes on his menu. His walls were plastered with posters and pics of Argentina. I remember watching Maradona in his restaurant with my Dad during the 86 World Cup. That’s where I developed a strong affinity for all things Argentina. I went to college and met hot, rich Argentinian chicks that were way out of my league that I wanted to fuck and never got close to doing so. The classic 98 World Cup game against England where Beckham got sent off cemented them as my favorite side to root for. The history of their country fascinated me as well - it is a country that used to be one of the top 6 wealthiest countries in the world before WWII and has become an economic basket case ever since Perón. I went to Buenos Aires before I was married and had a great time fucking whores, eating steaks and snorting the best coke I have had in my life. Viva Argentina.

The Porto family. Went to high school with the owners son. Lalo’s was great.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I assume this was before turning tricks for meth.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

That’s a weird way to pick a team. But picking a team is weird to me. Just born into like I was born into being a Longhorn fan then eventually getting a couple degrees from texas sealed it.

Argentina isn’t as “white” as they love to claim.

Yeah only time you worry about an Argentine is when they quit talking about how Italian they are.  Only thing worse than listening to an actual Italian.  

That said, hope they win it all.  Great footballer heritage and I can't fucking tolerate listening the French talk about this WC for the next 49 months.