Armored humvee stolen from US Army Reserve Center - San Marcos TX

Helobious

Not only have they not found it, they don’t know when exactly it was stolen. I don’t get how that’s even possible. @Beau Vine if you see it driving around be sure to tell the army. 

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022/12/07/armored-humvee-stolen-from-san-marcos-us-army-reserve-center/

An armored Humvee was stolen late last month from the US Army Reserve Center in San Marcos, police officials confirmed late Tuesday.

The up-armored Humvee, which includes a gun turret, was taken from the vehicle depot at 2850 Leah Avenue sometime between the evening of November 22 and the morning of November 28 after a suspect or suspects entered a fenced-in area.

The Humvee does not have any weapons or sensitive electronics inside of it, an SMPD spokeswoman said via email Tuesday night.

SMPD shared images of a similar equipped and colored Humvee, a multipurpose military vehicle with a starting value of around $160,000.

Vehicle number ‘399 TPC A1-6′ is displayed on the front and rear bumper, officials said.

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I don’t get how that’s even possible.

Let me tell you about Reservists and the National Guard…..

Actually I’m  surprised there were no security cameras, but sounds like the expensive/classified stuff was locked up.  I expect this kind of thing back in the 90s though. Plenty of inside theft.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Not only have they not found it, they don’t know when exactly it was stolen. I don’t get how that’s even possible. @Beau Vine if you see it driving around be sure to tell the army. 

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022/12/07/armored-humvee-stolen-from-san-marcos-us-army-reserve-center/

Up-armored Humvees are shitboxes.  Joke's on the thief.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, elfenix said:

why aren't military vehicles broadcasting their locations on the internet?

I mean it’s not like it’s active duty. It literally says it has no weaponry and no tech. When it’s sitting in a fence why not have a way to make sure it doesn’t get stolen.

9 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

That would be anything made by British Leyland.

So true.

England: "We can have 5,000 armored vehicles from Leyland on the beachhead within a month." 

Allies: "You know what?  We're good.  All set.  Just gonna use horses, thanks though."  

Always found it amusing that a people of such substance and quality that are so ugly on the outside make the most beautiful vehicles that are absolute shitshows under the hood.