Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

Just now, UTGrad98 said:

Unless the audio has Beard saying "what the fuck did you just do to yourself", he is done. Saying she was the aggressor makes me think that theory has left the building and he is done coaching forever.

If he hit her, choked her, and bit her, I don't think "Yeah well she started it" is really gonna fly. 

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

If he hit her, choked her, and bit her, I don't think "Yeah well she started it" is really gonna fly. 

Correct. It would have to all be self inflicted. If he already said she was the aggressor, it implies his did those things which is why what he said makes me think this is over.

14 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Failure to properly vet this Beard hire by Crystal could put Crystal's ass on the chopping block as well, especially if the red-flags were swept under the rug.

Having a shitty, emotionally unstable fiancé doesn’t show up on any background check. No matter how bad she is, you don’t put your hands on a woman. Only red flags that pop up is if there is domestic violence reports which didn’t exist until now. What could CDC have done?

Edited by Macklemore

17 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Failure to properly vet this Beard hire by Crystal could put Crystal's ass on the chopping block as well, especially if the red-flags were swept under the rug.

Yeah I hate when ADs don't time travel to the future to fully vet potential hires. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I once fucked a crazy chick in college and she literally moved in for a week until I told her to leave. She literally stole every piece of clothing I had, including underwear. I saw her walking down Guadalupe wearing my pants and yelled "You stole all my fucking clothes you crazy bitch!". I then got a middle finger, but damn she was fine. I never saw her on campus, even though she also went to school there. 

This is a story I think every one of us on here could tell. Dang women.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Genuine question, can they get sued for firing him right now if they wanted? I read an excerpt from his contract that states they can cut ties in the event of a felony arrest. Well, that has happened. Didn't say anything about what happens with the charges after the fact. 

We don't know what the exact contract language happens to be. If they fired him now and he was exonerated by evidence he could sue for his money and you ran off a highly successful coach who has your program primed for big success all because you were too stupid to do do diligence and let the cassle play out. 

Domestic issues are very complicated and can get messy. You don't want to be acting prematurely then it turns out the evidence doesn't corroborate what she's saying. It doesn't cost them anything at all to just suspend him and wait to be sure you get this right. People here have absolutely zero business experience if they're claiming you should fire him right away. It's literally the stupidest thing you can do other than coming out and saying you're keeping him no matter what. 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

Unless the audio has Beard saying "what the fuck did you just do to yourself", he is done. Saying she was the aggressor makes me think that theory has left the building and he is done coaching forever.

There is no audio. He is done coaching anything meaningful forever. He needs to be gone from Texas as expediently as possible. 

12 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Having a shitty, emotionally unstable fiancé doesn’t show up on any background check. No matter how bad she is, you don’t put your hands on a woman. Only red flags that pop up is if there is domestic violence reports which didn’t exist until now. What could CDC have done?

This is not true. I’ve had to do background checks on high profile individuals to vet for things and relationships (current and past) can absolutely be part of it. Character checks are vital for good hires. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

You can try, but BSC women often don't stop coming at you because you're trying to walk away.  DV is a different beast, and if he's been abused for what sounds like years, we need to give him the same ability to clear his name as much as a woman that has been beat.  The double standard here is insane.

I'm also not justifying what he did, but anyone that has been involved with DV will understand.  Men are abused far more often than people think.

I see it all the time. Cops come, women hysterical, saying all kinds of shit. Tough guys never admit they were assaulted or deny physical pain (which is bodily injury under the assault statute)

the CDC’s intimate partner violence stud shows women perpetrate assault family violence more than men

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I didn't know he was abused for years. I don't really keep up with his personal life and honestly don't care about it. If what you say is true and he finally snapped after years of abuse, then I guess I can see why it happened. And I do agree with you in the double standard because no one can believe a man can be abused by a woman. Happens a lot but I assume the man is too embarrassed to come forward about it, at least in public.

Even after all that, I still can't see him doing all of that, even in his own defense and keep his job here.

But people are very wrong if they think he will never coach again. It will be some years but plenty of programs who want to win will swoop in for the "rehabilitated, changed man who has turned it around". Easier to justify for them in that case than the current team to let it slide and keep him around. 

Yep, see above

2 hours ago, Constant said:

If we operate similarly, responding officers would have take photos of all involved parties at the scene, and of the scene itself. A comprehensive ‘family violence packet’ would have been completed, which would have included specific information regarding the strangulation (which hand, strength of grip, how it ended). It would have also included an opportunity for the complainant to write a written statement, and would have included a lethality statement- which is a standardized form with questions regarding the relationship and the prevalence of violence.  

You’re a cop

1 hour ago, softlynow said:

That’s the short form. Probably all that will be made public in written form, at least for a while. 

Take away the affluence of those involved it looks like a report in a case that ends up pled to deferred adjudication on a reduction to a class A family violence. The choking aspect is a bit weak, and most prosecutors would be willing to offer the reduction to clear the case. But this isn’t you’re average defendant. The audio recording is also a wild card. 

Agreed, however I am calling my shot now. He will walk. But be fired/resign.

36 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I feel like a broken record, and yes if what she reported actually happened, he’s gone. I just keep cautioning a little patience because I used to run a company that compiled video and audio evidence for law enforcement agencies.

I can’t tell you how many times the video and audio didn’t match the police report at all. In this case, I doubt Beard is innocent, but I’ve seen it happen, a lot. People lie their ass off all the time. If you’ve ever been in an auto accident, you probably have seen it first hand. But again, I doubt he’s innocent. 

Exactly. Don’t put too much stock in the PC affidavit. It never includes the “rest of the story.”

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, The Ace of Aces said:

This is not true. I’ve had to do background checks on high profile individuals to vet for things and relationships (current and past) can absolutely be part of it. Character checks are vital for good hires. 

Just going by my experience as a professional. Didn’t think personal relationships that didn’t rise to charged conduct would be investigated for a coach 

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I once fucked a crazy chick in college and she literally moved in for a week until I told her to leave. She literally stole every piece of clothing I had, including underwear. I saw her walking down Guadalupe wearing my pants and yelled "You stole all my fucking clothes you crazy bitch!". I then got a middle finger, but damn she was fine. I never saw her on campus, even though she also went to school there. 

Stop stealing my stories. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

There is no audio. He is done coaching anything meaningful forever. He needs to be gone from Texas as expediently as possible. 

You don’t know what you don’t know. If there is audio then it may be handed over by his attorney proactively in an attempt to get the charges dropped or it will come out with a subpoena as the case progresses.

40 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

spacer.png

Beard’s GF is squarely in the “No Go Zone” and so we clearly have to question Beard’s judgement. This should have been brought to CDC’s attention prior to a final contract. 

If I have a grandson I’m going to lock him in a room until he can draw this with his toes while wearing a straight jacket from memory in under 90 seconds.  He will not eat or sleep until that point.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

By the way, Beard not sharing the audio with police isn’t necessarily an indication it doesn’t exist. It could mean he was smart enough to realize you share something like that with your lawyer first before you turn it over to police, or in trial discovery. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

By the way, Beard not sharing the audio with police isn’t necessarily an indication it doesn’t exist. It could mean he was smart enough to realize you share something like that with your lawyer first before you turn it over to police, or in trial discovery. 

Bingo

13 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

Agreed, however I am calling my shot now. He will walk. But be fired/resign.

Really going out on a limb there. 

15 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

Exactly. Don’t put too much stock in the PC affidavit. It never includes the “rest of the story.”

It’s irrelevant. This guy cannot be dispatched quickly enough. 

10 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Only here can you say everyone has the right to defend themselves in court and you get neg repped lmao. 

It's amazing to me that for most of the people here wanting to run him off immediately these are the first posts they've had about longhorns basketball. 

Very easy to be a self righteous ass when you don't give a shit about the team and the program. These same cunts would be whining and crying to let it play out if Sark gets us to a national championship game next year and then this same thing happens.

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Shit's definitely bled over to the court.  Texas looks flat as shit

That court is the last place they want to be. A lot of them came to play for the man and even the ones that were already here bought into him. Now they're each thinking if they need to get ready to portal out. 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Facial injuries all to the right side after saying he slapped her glasses off her face. Would mean he actually backhanded her if true. Wow. (Assuming he's right-handed based on breaking his right hand by punching a board at halftime back in the day)

That Zoom hearing on YouTube had him signing a form with his left. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Nothing about what transpired is indicative of a smart Beard. 

10 minutes ago, Candi Fisther said:

You don’t know what you don’t know. If there is audio then it will be handed over by his attorney willing or subpoenaed.

No I don’t. But if there’s some audio that would’ve prevented an arrest and termination and forfeiture of tens of millions of $, I imagine he would’ve used it on the scene, despite how “smart” it was for him to withhold it for his attorney. 

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Very easy to be a self righteous ass when you don't give a shit about the team and the program. 

I'm sure this is an intellectual stretch for you, but many of these people you're crying about (a) care more about UT than its basketball program and (b) would be saying the same thing about the football program, even if it were undefeated and cruising.

• Hook 'Em 7

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi