Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Has it been discussed that they’re going to pay the woman off, she recants her story, tells the truth, the charges get dropped, he claims pure innocence and they reinstate him? If so, has that premise been dismissed out of hand because of facts? Not keeping up but heard this as an angle and thought I’d at least ask. 

FIFY, then yes. 

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Has it been discussed that they’re going to pay the woman off, she recants her story, the charges get dropped, he claims pure innocence and they reinstate him? If so, has that premise been dismissed out of hand because of facts? Not keeping up but heard this as an angle and thought I’d at least ask. 

I think this could be the second greatest heel turn in sports history.  I mean, we can all agree on number one*.  My body is ready. 

*The incredible moment Hulk Hogan shocked the wrestling world by turning heel.  Hulk Hogan shocked the United States to its core in 1996 when he turned heel and joined the New World Order.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I think this could be the second greatest heel turn in sports history.  I mean, we can all agree on number one*.  My body is ready. 

*The incredible moment Hulk Hogan shocked the wrestling world by turning heel.  Hulk Hogan shocked the United States to its core in 1996 when he turned heel and joined the New World Order.

Rasslin ain’t a sport.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, shakahorn said:

The silence on both sides to me means they are trying to work something out quietly.  What exactly that is, who knows.  If things were contentious, Beard's lawyer would say something in the media, or Bellmont would leak something.  Bellmont is famous for leaks both intentional and unintentional.

Good point. She gets, say, five million for saying she lied and actually went batshit and he was only defending himself. Nobody will be able to say shit. 

48 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Has it been discussed that they’re going to pay the woman off, she recants her story, the charges get dropped, he claims pure innocence and they reinstate him? If so, has that premise been dismissed out of hand because of facts? Not keeping up but heard this as an angle and thought I’d at least ask. 

This was my almost word for word take on what would be necessary to keep him. Injuries would have to be in places she could access herself with bite marks and bruises to be able to play, and then the powers that be would have to basically pretend to believe the deal. I can’t imagine they’d be involved in the cover up, but you’d have to think the Beard camp would float a what if trial balloon to see if that’s good enough. Subject to evidence allowing it to be possibility. If the bite make was on her armpit you obviously couldn’t say she did that herself as a for example. 

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That was my premise several pages ago. Fairly plausible that Beard broke it off days / weeks ago and has been in the guest room until she moves her crazy ass out.  She’s a failed / violent ex hs volleyball coach with no means to replace her current standard of life. The sequence of events leading to a payoff seems logical.  

11 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Why has the tone in this thread seemingly shifted in Beard’s favor? It appears many of you are running with the idea that she is crazy, therefore, whatever Beard did was justified or necessary.

Has new info been released that I missed, or is everyone passing their time by creating hypothetical scenarios that have a basketball happy ending?

Some of you guys are speaking about it as if you believe it to be true, which based on the facts we currently have, comes across a little bit like Baylor fans defending Briles. Maybe this does eventually turn out some way in which Beard looks less guilty than he did in the beginning, but we have a long way to go and and it’s a bit unsettling to see people making excuses for him at this stage.

I have a Tech source (I know) who says when Beard and Randy hooked up, the universal view was that she is as volatile as he is.  The thought was that it would not end well, and here we are.  I am expecting him to be canned, but I am open to listen to whatever facts are presented.  

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Just to add fuel to the fire I heard today that not only is this a possible scenario, the bite marks are not his. Let your imagination run wild. This is one of the reasons I’ve kept cautioning patience in getting the actual facts. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 2

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Just to add fuel to the fire I heard today that not only is this a possible scenario, the bite marks are not his. Let your imagination run wild. This is one of the reasons I’ve kept cautioning patience in getting the actual facts. 

#WVdude? That you?

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

That's a game changer IMHO if they can prove it.  Bite mark evidence is not the most reliable in the world.  It would mean they either came from some earlier fight she had that got physical or that she did it to herself to frame him when the cops arrived.  Either way.  Maybe we can have nice things again?

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

There’s a monkey with the taste for human flesh involved in this somehow, isn’t there?

Speaking of bite marks, Jon Voight has been suspiciously quiet during all this.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Chris Beard is not going to coach another game at UT.  To believe anything else is delusional. That has nothing to do with the facts of what happened that night.  It's just the facts of life. 

Suck your own dick bro (joke). As the great Kevin Garnet once said. Anything is possible. 

11 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Chris Beard is not going to coach another game at UT.  To believe anything else is delusional. That has nothing to do with the facts of what happened that night.  It's just the facts of life. 

If it were a foregone conclusion, he would have been fired already. People will be paid off, new information will come out, and then we will see what happens between UT and Beard.

Edited by UTEE97
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

I’m definitely on the side that thinks he should and will be fired, unless by some small chance there is video or audio that completely exonerates him. I personally doubt that will be the case, but time will tell.

I think if that level of evidence existed in his favor, there would be some mention of that from his attorney by now, just to try to sway public opinion towards giving him the benefit of a doubt. My memory is a little fuzzy on the early days of the Trevor Bauer fiasco, but I thought there was some of that talk pretty early on.

Despite all of that, I don’t think The University has to be in a rush to fire him. They quickly placed him on administrative leave without pay, which seems like an acceptable response even for people who don’t like UT. No one in the media is criticizing Texas as far as I’ve seen. If anything, it’s more sympathy towards Texas and criticism of Beard, so the two parties have been adequately separated.

We aren’t hiring a new coach right now, so we have time. I don’t think the silence from The University is an indication of anything at this point.

It could be an indication they believe him, and I’ll be fisting myself, but you are probably right (indicative of nothing). I went to the game today in Dallas. My son was a ball boy.  It was the first time I’d thought about those boys - that’s what they are emotionally, and really felt for them. They aren’t too much older than my son. They really played their asses off today, just couldn’t shoot in the first half. I hope this season has a happy ending, with or without Beard. 

18 hours ago, shakahorn said:

The silence on both sides to me means they are trying to work something out quietly.  What exactly that is, who knows.  If things were contentious, Beard's lawyer would say something in the media, or Bellmont would leak something.  Bellmont is famous for leaks both intentional and unintentional.

You’re thinking of the DeLoss Dodds Belmont.  The CDC Belmont is good at keeping shit secret until they make a formal announcement.  

14 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This is almost verbatim what I heard yesterday. 

13 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

We discussed the theory that Beard was perhaps arrested for saving his daughter from a murderous/rapey boyfriend who invaded his home, and this motherfucker really doesn’t think we’ve contemplated the possibility that the girlfriend gets paid off to recant?  What kind of rookie babe in the woods bullshit site do you think you’re on?

spacer.png

Listen, I hate the guy that shows up to the long thread and acts like he has a new idea as much as any other poster. So that wasn't my intent if it came across that way. I was more trying to get a fact check on the floating speculation. I figured that the concept had been beaten to death/lawyered to death by y'all already, so I wanted to understand why it was wrongheaded as a premise. I'm not condoning the premise or cheering for it, mind you. 

I would still put my money on the guy being termed shortly. I just don't believe there's a viable way back even if he was "innocent", given everything that has happened publicly to this point. Nonetheless, his tenure is only mostly dead, still, and maybe there's something to the thinking. 

13 hours ago, cochamps said:

I have a Tech source (I know) who says when Beard and Randy hooked up, the universal view was that she is as volatile as he is.  The thought was that it would not end well, and here we are.  I am expecting him to be canned, but I am open to listen to whatever facts are presented.  

This is no secret. She's a mean b!tch and its been posted a dozen times on this thread by the Tech fans who post here. (Me being one of them) And we're all wondering, "Why has he stayed in this relationship". So lets say there's audio and video that shows Randi to be the aggressor and she has gone on some destructive, violent rampage and Beard was indeed just trying to defend himself. Or he just wanted to get out of the house before he does something they'll both regret and she blocks him from leaving. <Very common in domestic abuse for an angry man trying to leave before he hurts somebody gets blocked by that somebody and he has to sling them aside just to get out>. I think this scenario is not only possible, but probable. With all this considered, CB has still shown a huge lack of judgement in not breaking up with this easily replaceable GF a year ago. The song "Self Esteem" by the Offspring comes to mind.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Listen, I hate the guy that shows up to the long thread and acts like he has a new idea as much as any other poster. So that wasn't my intent if it came across that way. I was more trying to get a fact check on the floating speculation. I figured that the concept had been beaten to death/lawyered to death by y'all already, so I wanted to understand why it was wrongheaded as a premise. I'm not condoning the premise or cheering for it, mind you. 

I would still put my money on the guy being termed shortly. I just don't believe there's a viable way back even if he was "innocent", given everything that has happened publicly to this point. Nonetheless, his tenure is only mostly dead, still, and maybe there's something to the thinking. 

It's not wrongheaded as a premise.  That would provide the necessary fig leaf for the school to retain him IF the school wanted to retain him- which is the big if.  And it would, from an optics perspective, absolutely be necessary for the school to be able to have some plausible deniability and keep him on.  If the school wants to terminate for cause they already have enough as any Felony arrest is permissible, under the terms of the contract, to terminate for cause.  They haven't yet, so it maybe looks like they are exploring the idea of not- depending upon how the fact finding plays out.   Premise isn't wrongheaded if the school wants him retained. Such a recanting does Beard no good, even up to and including exculpatory evidence on camera of her biting and hitting and choking herself if the school wants him gone as the arrest triggers the contract termination for clause provision should the school elect to do so.  

22 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

This is almost verbatim what I heard yesterday. 

Also pretty verbaimish to what I heard from a lawyer who has specialized in DV cases for some 30+ years, going back to early days of Battered Women services. According to him, this is classic behavior of victims, defendants, cops and lawyers. Only a small number of cases are even reported by the women, and most of those cases wind up with women not wishing to proceed. Worse, charges of DV apparently have a huge rate of false charges by women wishing to punish boyfriends and husbands, and including self-harm such as biting and neck twisting to provide evidence of attack. His reaction to the Trew-Beard thing is that she will get paid, recant, and go to anger-management rehab/counseling, wile he will apologize profoundly to all and sundry, enter counseling, and return to work. With an off-chance that they get back together, although seems very unlikely. Part of the reasoning depends on what is actually on his tape. If it goes that way, Beard will be reinstated and everyone lives, happily or not, ever after.

40 minutes ago, CustersDoctor said:

This is no secret. She's a mean b!tch and its been posted a dozen times on this thread by the Tech fans who post here. (Me being one of them) And we're all wondering, "Why has he stayed in this relationship". So lets say there's audio and video that shows Randi to be the aggressor and she has gone on some destructive, violent rampage and Beard was indeed just trying to defend himself. Or he just wanted to get out of the house before he does something they'll both regret and she blocks him from leaving. <Very common in domestic abuse for an angry man trying to leave before he hurts somebody gets blocked by that somebody and he has to sling them aside just to get out>. I think this scenario is not only possible, but probable. With all this considered, CB has still shown a huge lack of judgement in not breaking up with this easily replaceable GF a year ago. The song "Self Esteem" by the Offspring comes to mind.

Sorry I didn't read the first 3000 plus posts.  Don't disagree with anything you posted.

Friend of mine was on a jury for a DV case a while back.  The definition of strangulation was quite broad: restricting air flow or blood flow through the neck - or the apparent intent to do so.  When law enforcement officers (LEO) were questioned about previous examples warranting strangulation charges, he said he was amazed.  One example was something like: woman rushed man in a rage; man extended arms to grab shoulders to keep her at a distance; one hand slipped and touched her neck.  Strangulation charge.  There were other similar examples of what was clearly NOT strangulation, but the charges were still filed.  LEO will charge an let the legal system play out.

Not sure if such an example was cited before.  For what it's worth..

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I'm not going to hold out much hope that Beard returns to the bench as Texas coach but I do find it interesting that we have reached one week since the initial incident and he has not been fired yet. Not that Texas needs to be in any rush to judgement here since the earliest we'd hire a new coach would be mid March/early April anyway unless we were to snag somebody currently not coaching.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi