Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Loved kicking tech in the teeth for him but yes there were moments where he and his team rubbed me the wrong way

I remember listening to an interview with him on The Ticket when he was at Tech. Beard could hardly contain himself while talking about his girlfriend. He said if they saw her, they understand how hard he worked to get her.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

I remember listening to an interview with him on The Ticket when he was at Tech. Beard could hardly contain himself while talking about his girlfriend. He said if they saw her, they understand how hard he worked to get her.

So clearly Chris needed glasses.  Man One bad night and both lives are nearly ruined

3 hours ago, slorch said:

LOLz at the posters on this page, "I knew something was wrong with that guy."   yeah, well, you didn't say shit about it until the grand revelation.  How brave of you!

Hey! That wasn't a bunch of people here. Just me.

I'll be damned if I'll be made a fool of by someone who doesn't know what a tree is.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Satchel said:

Sure Chris.  Is she super hot but goes to school in Canada and you met at Niagara Falls on Spring Break?  

MichaelBluth, “Her?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rimbo said:

i mean if you haven't had an orgasm due entirely to prostrate stimulation, you haven't lived, that's all I'm sayin' here

Just get some hair conditioner up there and go to town next time you're in the shower. You'll thank me later

fit girls rule

Is that like prostate stimulation?

5 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Triggered again on an opposing teams message board at 940 pm?   No worries.  We don’t want Adams.  

I bet Adams looks about as sexy in lace and stimulates the hell out of prostates as, say, Jody Conradt in the 80s. 

Probably stating the obvious but beard needed some pr crisis input rather than just his criminal defense attorney releasing statements on his behalf. Beard should have made a statement that, while he looks forward to being cleared criminally, he understands that his actions were inappropriate and he is remorseful and that he plans to use the suspension as a starting place to begin counseling for him personally and with randi as a couple. Some contrition that his actions were unacceptable and his plan to work on himself. Perry did him no favors and I’m sure Chris realized that about 10 am Friday morning. 

• Hook 'Em 4

11 hours ago, Satchel said:

Holy shit that’s sad. I wonder how he feels now? You’d have better luck sitting outside some honky tonk in the Panhandle waiting to see who is left after last call. You’d think he’d never been laid before…there are plenty of women out there. Ones that aren’t batshit crazy have a face like a mud fence and won’t help you lose your dream job. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

I don't think it's in his best interest to sue University over this, but if he does, he'll claim he was fired because of a "disability" his wife has or some bullshit like that. These days, everything is a disability which absolves the individual of personal responsibility. Hell, our head football coach sued USC invoking a "disability" when the fact is he was just a drunk ass idiot.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

I don't think it's in his best interest to sue University over this, but if he does, he'll claim he was fired because of a "disability" his wife has or some bullshit like that. These days, everything is a disability which absolves the individual of personal responsibility. Hell, our head football coach sued USC invoking a "disability" when the fact is he was just a drunk ass idiot.

Well, most everyone these days says alcoholism & drug addiction are diseases.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886m605z3w1dji2qsmeo0

Jesus, no shit. Guy looks like a buttshingle but making 5M a year in Lubbock and ‘working hard’ to land that oger?  I’d hope if CDC heard that story he would have given a quick no thanks  

And to any of you overly sensitive types I’m clearly only talking about her personality. 🤪

• Hook 'Em 5

43 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Ok boomer, I bet you go into the office to work every day too

• Haha 1

So reading/listening/watching some of the commentary after the firing, something that keeps coming up is Chris Beard's lack of contrition. Without having an intent to defend Chris Beard or his actions, I would like to put forward my view of it, and get any reactions anyone has.

If I put myself in Chris Beard's shoes while he's sitting there in jail waiting to appear before the judge, I'm making a list of my priorities.

Regardless of my innocence or guilt, they would look something like this, in this order:

Priority #1 - stay out of prison

Priority #2 - keep my job, if possible

Priority #3a - be as employable as possible if #2 doesn't work out

Priority #3b - set myself up to receive some compensation for the employment contract I signed if early termination is the result

Maybe other people would have different priorities, but those would be mine, and I think they're fairly reasonable.

The problem is, based on this idea that if Beard had shown more contrition for his actions that made this possible, there is no question it conflicts with maximizing his chances of staying out of prison. Full stop. I don't know what the scale is. It's likely he could apologize to anyone and everyone, and if his fiancee chooses not to press charges and recants her statements then the DA will have a tough time prosecuting the case regardless. But any amount of contrition expressed for his role in the evening's events sounds like a big no no from a defense attorney's position. At least to me, as a non defense attorney. "I'm sorry even though I did nothing wrong," is not an effective apology. "I'm sorry for what I did but please don't throw me in jail," equally sounds like it would jeopardize his legal position. 

It's not like any communications between him and the university are privileged. Anything documented is open to FOIA requests. All those communications have to be undertaken with that understanding. 

Perhaps he could have hired a PR agent at the same time he hires a defense attorney? Not sure how practical or effective that would be, but regardless, if the PR person and the defense attorney butt heads regarding the best course of action, in Beard's current legal situation, who would you give more weight to? I already listed my priority. 

Expressing contrition - especially the amount of contrition necessary to move the needle to where someone who is in the room deciding these things chooses to go out of their way to be Chris Beard's strong and effective advocate to the others in the room, which obviously didn't happen - jeopardizes every single one of the other priorities. 

I'm not trying to say Chris Beard is actually a good guy. Or that his hands were tied in terms of expressing whatever regrets and personal responsibility he feels right now. We all have choices, and he made his, with the consultation of the people around him. What I AM saying is that faced with the exact same circumstances, and the exact same choices, I'm maintaining as little responsibility as humanly possible in anything resembling a public facing action until the legal process is played out. Finding Beard at fault for not expressing more contrition by the UT legal department makes perfect sense. But for people commenting on the arrest and firing to point at that as some kind of failing on Beard's part is not a realistic view of the circumstances, in my opinion.

Not sure how much of any of this matters. He's gone and eventually I'll move on, too. Especially if we can manage to knock this next hire out of the park. But I do find it an interesting intellectual exercise. Also, I'm interested in seeing if Beard does bring a wrongful termination lawsuit against UT, even with all the legal hurdles in the way, or whether he moves on to another job - and IMO he's going to get some great opportunities if the charges are dropped, which I believe they will be. Or both, which is also possible. UT will never allow a wrongful termination lawsuit from Beard to go in front of a jury, so either they will get the lawsuit dismissed, or there will be some kind of settlement. 

In any case, he has his whole life in front of him to express some level of contrition. Especially after the legal proceedings are done. It doesn't even have to be genuine to be effective. By his own admission he's not wired to be a reflective guy. He's one of those people that you know bullshit is spewing from his mouth if his lips are moving (as someone who has some of the same characteristics, I can relate). I'm curious to see what his approach is to this watershed moment in his life from a public perspective. I'm not going to be emotionally invested in it, because I long ago realized I didn't believe the things Beard said, but I am going to be interested in seeing what his approach ends up being, and how that reflects on him as a person.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

On 1/6/2023 at 7:25 AM, Dbeasy said:

Texas fans probably need to brace themselves for how fast and how successfully Beard’s image will be rehabilitated and he will be coaching at a significant program. There’s a decent chance he will be coaching a top 20 program in a year or less. I wouldn’t even be surprised if he is immediately hired. 

Bonus prediction.  While many Texas fans will continue to believe that the brand damage and codes of conduct were reason enough to fire him (a lot of surly posters), by this time next year, many Texas fans will be seriously questioning whether firing him was the right decision. 

These views are not necessarily representative of Surly Inc. management and ownership, nor the author. E Pluribus Unum. 

edited to explicitly address comment about code of conduct. 

Our administration just proved to any doubters out there they do not care about winning and will not do what it takes to succeed in the SEC. Prepare to be embarrassed regularly on the football field and basketball court when we join in 2025.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 8

37 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Pretty high on that priority list should be:

don’t get shived by a tech fan 

The beauty of this situation is that he fucked himself worse than any fan could have with words or whatever. 

A shiv?  Nah.  let that motherfucker think about it for a lot more days.

Odds on favorite for anyone stabbing Beard would be his psycho fucking girlfriend, anyhoo.

Edited by slorch

On 1/6/2023 at 6:25 AM, Dbeasy said:

Texas fans probably need to brace themselves for how fast and how successfully Beard’s image will be rehabilitated and he will be coaching at a significant program. There’s a decent chance he will be coaching a top 20 program in a year or less. I wouldn’t even be surprised if he is immediately hired. 

Bonus prediction.  While many Texas fans will continue to believe that the brand damage and codes of conduct were reason enough to fire him (a lot of surly posters), by this time next year, many Texas fans will be seriously questioning whether firing him was the right decision. 

I guess. I think those Texas fans are idiots, then. When the charges are dropped he's going to be available for practically any opening in the country, at least in terms of his conduct. Heck, I believe Texas would still hire him if this happened at another school, depending on how he acts and what he says after the legal proceedings are finished. We hired a guy who was documented as smelling of alcohol and acting inebriated as the head coach on the practice field, has admitted he's an alcoholic. Texas still would have fired him for the same behavior if it happened here. It's not the same standard. 

I'll go on to say he's going to be wildly successful. He was a home run hire when it was made. I don't see a candidate I'd want more than pre felonious assault Chris Beard on the landscape right now. You put the whole package together, I'm not sure I'd want Jay Wright over him, and I don't even consider Wright a realistic option. Jay Wright isn't going to go out of his way to embolden the student body to support Texas basketball the way Beard did. Jay Wright isn't going to support every single other sport on campus the way Beard did. Jay Wright isn't going to put out a social media barrage to try to engage fans. Jay Wright isn't going to scream out at the top of his lungs at the Gone To Texas event how he graduated from UT and how proud he is to say that.

I don't understand how to turn a blind eye to the circumstances that led to his arrest, regardless of what the details are. I loved Chris Beard, but I'm perfectly fine with him getting fired. Don't make decisions that lead you to getting arrested for felonious assault. It's that simple. Name one head coach in a power 5 conference that has been arrested for felonious assault in a domestic violence dispute that has kept their job. Mike Price was fired for less than that at Alabama of all places.

I can wish for what never will be, and I'm going to be angry/jealous/resentful when he goes on to a hall of fame career somewhere else - which by the way I'll be rooting for mass failure the whole way, regardless of how little impact it's going to make. But I'll never question whether firing him was the right decision.

There's also this narrative that somehow THIS decision is the one that defines whether Texas truly wants to win in football and men's basketball, which is silly. Texas makes all kinds of compromises above and under the table every day to demonstrate they're willing to do what it takes to win in modern college big time sports. Texas is no shrinking violet in that regard. To say otherwise simply demonstrates an ignorance for how the sausage is getting made. But if you're a coach out there who thinks you'd like to be a head coach at the University of Texas, but you're concerned about what it would take for Texas to fire you with cause, you have a couple of examples. Don't sleep with one of your players. And don't get accused of felony assault of a loved one. If you can manage not to do one of those two things you should be able to leave with a sizable payout even if you don't win enough. And even then you can get a $600k settlement for the first instance, and possibly an undetermined amount from the second. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi