Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

There’s probably more drugs at WHS than most schools combined. At AHS you’ll see a lot of weed and psychedelics. WHS students love cocaine and other pricy drugs. A decade ago, a coworker’s son’s heroin dealer was a Westlake student. Calls to the westlake police just resulted in stonewalling because his dad was prominent attorney and WHS booster.

Westlake has lots of drugs, for sure. Westlake does not have drugs AND gangs, like AISD schools do. I could have stated that better. 

Tarrytown is a great neighborhood. It’s got great history, character and it’s close-in. I do think that home price is fairly inflated. No way that’s a $4.95M home in today’s adjusted market.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Westlake has trash too.  They live in Spanish Trail.  When Nick Saban's wife saw the houses there she said fuck this and left.

Never heard of Spanish Trail. Are you sure that’s the name you meant? Did you maybe mean Spanish Oaks, which is not in Westlake?

20 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

AHS is solid. Have Soph there. Just know (if you have son) that football/basketball/baseball all suck. So if they play (as mine does) you’re in for four years of suck. 
There are more fights at OHMS than AHS. 

Glad to hear.

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Westlake has lots of drugs, for sure. Westlake does not have drugs AND gangs, like AISD schools do. I could have stated that better. 

Tarrytown is a great neighborhood. It’s got great history, character and it’s close-in. I do think that home price is fairly inflated. No way that’s a $4.95M home in today’s adjusted market.

Keep fucking that racist dog whistle chicken.

5 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Fuck it, I’m doing the Austin real estate thread.  I hope whoever listed this Tarrytown dream house posts here, because I like his style and he puts Chris Beard to shame on the FUPM scale:

Not to derail the "Austin Real Estate Derailment of the Chris Beard is Fired" thread, but does a home seller in Texas have to disclose if there has been a light choking in a house or apartment? 

7 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Fuck it, I’m doing the Austin real estate thread.  I hope whoever listed this Tarrytown dream house posts here, because I like his style and he puts Chris Beard to shame on the FUPM scale:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2407-McCullough-St_Austin_TX_78703_M77377-54419

$4,000,000 for the following:

That’s right - the unbelievable opportunity to buy a 3,300 sq ft house built in 1951 with no pool and no obvious recent remodel, and then to pay your own way on top of that to tear it down and build a completely different house!  We will even let you buy some architectural plans from us for more money!  Just think, for the low price of $4,000,000, plus several million more to actually build a new house, you can move into the home of your dreams 18 months from now!

There's a strong desire to pay the NAR fees and study the two weeks or whatever shit-tier requirements necessary to become a licensed realtor, just so I can submit lowball offers for half of the day.  Read deez tea leaves, or some shit, this seller's equity plea is nonsense.

Noblility measure:  I'm just doing this for the CAD

Edited by Gravy Train
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 1/27/2023 at 8:21 AM, jimmyjazz said:

First, I think he should have been fired.  Beyond that, I disagree with your assertion.  I think a whole bunch of schools would have waited to see if the DA would drop the case.

It would be fascinating to know how common "arrest on felony charges" is as cause for termination in coaches contracts, as opposed to a more general thing.

That right there would say a lot about how UT views itself as an institution.

• Hook 'Em 1

Not that there are many plausible/excusable acts which warrant a felony arrest, but the PC around Beard's was domestic violence.  Among a public education workplace, I can see how the arrest alone warrants termination.  I don't like it in a raw contextual sense, because Beard remains innocent until proven guilty, but because the arrest is public record, I also assume The University has reviewed at least the Probable Cause Affidavit.  Beard's counsel may have shared more, since he has rights to access the State's evidence via the Michael Morton Act.

A felony arrest, especially in a large county/district, isn't one of those things where someone can just say, "trust me bro, this charge is getting dropped."  Beard likely has months to wait on all of this, at least until the intake prosecutor makes his decision to present to the Grand Jury.  And the saying goes, "a grand jury can indict a ham sandwich," which implies yet another layer of negative public record to emerge from this, before the charge may be dropped.

• Hook 'Em 2

looking for updates on twitter and found this:

A)the cray cray in those eyes don't lie, and B)god damn you chris beard, this is just another reminder of what a unique coach you are, and how far you'll go to drum up fan interest, and i am forever pissed off at you for making me believe again, you sonofabitch. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

looking for updates on twitter and found this:

A)the cray cray in those eyes don't lie, and B)god damn you chris beard, this is just another reminder of what a unique coach you are, and how far you'll go to drum up fan interest, and i am forever pissed off at you for making me believe again, you sonofabitch. 

shadow_operative: I don't want to fall for this again. You promise you're not going to pull the ball away this time, Lucy? You promise!

Texas basketball: ...

• Rage+1 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Chris Beard sweepstakes begins.

The good news is that whoever gets him knocks out a competitor for whoever Texas might go after.

Unless Terry makes a deep run and we end up keeping him on instead.

Also, the basketball staff will be gutted whenever Beard lands at his next job. That's a guarantee. 

6 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I’m Just going to say it. I’d take him back as our coach in a heartbeat. Spare telling me that I’m wrong. Don’t care. 

Yeah. I mean if his dumbass stays with this woman it’ll be AT LEAST another 7 or 8 months before it happens again. Let’s take him back!

• Rage+1 2

9 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I’m Just going to say it. I’d take him back as our coach in a heartbeat. Spare telling me that I’m wrong. Don’t care. 

I don't really care if you're wrong or right. I just know it's not realistically going to happen. So I'll leave you to it. 

He was easily going to be my favorite coach of all time, in any sport. I was fully on board. But he fucked up. I don't see how we get anyone ever who was going to be a better fit for us than pre felony assault arrest Chris Beard. It's pretty simple. Don't make all the decisions that led to getting arrested by the police for felony assault. It wasn't just one. It was a series of them made over the course of at least 6 years. I'm very sad it happened, but it did. I'd say good luck with his next job, but I actually want him to completely implode Hindenburg style, without all the fiery victims involved. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He’d likely still be here, or at most allowed back, if he had been contrite and owned up to it. The lawyer’s antics basically ensured he’d never get the chance to come back. He did it all wrong 

I don't believe that. 

There's also a chance the case doesn't get dismissed. You simply can't take that chance. There's a reason there's such a lack of contrition shown when the legal system could get involved. People don't want to say they're sorry in a meaningful way when it can indicate guilt in a court of law. It's part of the price of living in a litigious society. 

In any case, I feel like he was gone the moment he was arrested for felony assault. Misdemeanor would have been a challenge, but survivable. 

But we'll hear more about it over the course of his career. He's never escaping it. He's amazing at giving non answers, and I'm sure he'll have a pat answer he repeats ad nauseum on this one. But he will always be asked questions about this on a regular basis. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He’d likely still be here, or at most allowed back, if he had been contrite and owned up to it. The lawyer’s antics basically ensured he’d never get the chance to come back. He did it all wrong 

Doubtful, but it would have been more interesting if he lasted long enough for the charges to get dropped

4 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Doubtful, but it would have been more interesting if he lasted long enough for the charges to get dropped

I think, after Randi recanted, there was a tiny chance but that lawyer stuff really made it seem like Beard wasn’t sorry and was an asshole about it internally. Only CDC and his circle and Beard and his lawyer know how the investigation went but I’m guessing Beard came off badly 

Maybe he stays indefinitely suspended until the DA drops the charges or decided to go forward. 

Edited by Js1

Just now, Js1 said:

I think, after Randi recanted, there was a tiny chance but that lawyer stuff really made it seem like Beard wasn’t sorry and was an asshole about it internally.

Well, that's because he's an asshole.  It's a big part of why SLX and others are so enamored of him.  I disagree that he was our "best fit", but winning makes up for a shit-ton of stuff.  Texas tends toward more genteel coaches in almost every sport, but Beard was such a home run that he couldn't be denied.

And then he beard'd.

He'll kill it at Kentucky.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

I got the impression those in charge of his employment didn't like his attitude about the whole situation.

The words used in his termination letter seemed pretty... terminable.  

Probably declared himself innocent and dared them to fire him and threatened to sue if they did. Bc he’s an asshole. 

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, that's because he's an asshole.  It's a big part of why SLX and others are so enamored of him.  I disagree that he was our "best fit", but winning makes up for a shit-ton of stuff.  Texas tends toward more genteel coaches in almost every sport, but Beard was such a home run that he couldn't be denied.

And then he beard'd.

He'll kill it at Kentucky.

Well we aren’t getting a “best fit” this go around, so Beard was the bestest of best fits.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Well we aren’t getting a “best fit” this go around, so Beard was the bestest of best fits.

Actually, Jay Wright and Billy Donovan fit the mold perfectly.

I mean, we're almost surely not getting either one of them, but they're more of the buttoned-up guy Texas usually goes for.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It might be better for him to leave the college scene, coach in the NBA as an assistant for a couple of years, and then make a comeback to a major college program. I don't think he is going to get a big time college gig now while the DV incidence and pictures of his incarceration are still fresh on everyone's mind.

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi