Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

41 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I don't get why I am getting neged here. Do you guys think he should just coach tonight and we move on like nothing happened unless he is actually convicted? I just cannot imagine somebody thinking he shouldn't at least be immediately suspended. 

Nobody's saying he shouldn't at least be suspended pending an investigation.

34 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Regardless of circumstances I do believe whether felony or plead down all courses of action point to not retaining his services. At best the charges are dropped at worst the felony sticks, both of those outcomes don't change the fact he had an altercation and choked/strangled his fiancée/another woman. 

I'm with you up til the bolded part, which we do not know to be true. He should be suspended pending an investigation.

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I just have a lawyer question. His lawyer's statement straight up denied that he did anything. Is that normal? If he actually did do something wrong, i figured the lawyer statement would be some fluff piece about gathering facts and cooperating with authorities. Is this meaningless?

Not meaningless. His attorney is locked into that being their initial public defense, at the very least. Facts, statements or photos could emerge that make such a strong denial appear flimsy. We'll have to wait and see. In the unlikely event that it goes to trial the defense could change.

Just now, B00M said:

Did I hear $10k bond? Seems excessive 

Seems like the standard amount based on the charge for someone with no criminal history.

Everything about this seems normal, to those of y'all who don't do this.

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I just have a lawyer question. His lawyer's statement straight up denied that he did anything. Is that normal? If he actually did do something wrong, i figured the lawyer statement would be some fluff piece about gathering facts and cooperating with authorities. Is this meaningless?

Yes. Meaningless. His lawyer is doing what he can, which is very little, in the court of public opinion. A few will buy it.

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Trial outcome at this point is meaningless, nobody is going to take him seriously after this. It’s ova. We were so close, back to hell.

Correct.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Ok, another question for the lawyers.

Doesn't he have the right to have his attorney there with him, even for this?

That's a probable cause hearing at the jail. No, you don't have a right to an attorney, though you can always remain silent. You want to get that bond set as quickly as possible so you can get out. In some counties if you don't like the first magistrate's decision you can appeal it the next day and have an attorney present. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

So is the protective order SOP, or is that something the victim has to request? 

Someone requests it. Often it is the vic . . . ahem, complaining witness. Other times the officer can request it.

The state sees these cases very differently than just 10-15 years ago. CW's are often considered hostile witnesses from the jump because of the volume of battered family members who immediately "try to have the charges dropped."

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Man for a board who hates cops and denial of due process a lot of you sure seem to love cops and denial of due process. 

There's a sizeable difference between what the criminal justice system should do and what a prestigious university paying him a lot of money to be a leader should do. Due process doesn't always extend to the latter.

He should absolutely get his day in court. 

But, he put himself in a position to be arrested at 4am on a Monday morning. Even if he's not guilty of abuse, can we safely assume that some piss poor decisions led to that point?

No, colleges shouldn't immediately fire any coach who gets arrested...but they also don't have to be "guilty as charged" to lose their jobs.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

It can be requested by the police as well as an alleged victim. If reports are true the alleged victim has recanted her accusation, then we can conclude it was likely done by the police as SOP.

6 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Nobody's saying he shouldn't at least be suspended pending an investigation.

Well that's what I want. So if everybody agrees then what are we talking about here?

In any case I was very upset to see UT's name in the national news for this kind of thing. So I may have been a little pissed off. 

39 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I don't know how you could ever go from that to coaching any big time program again.

America loves to tear down people, forgive them, and give another opportunity.

Road will be long but he's still young.. I can see him coaching at another good situation in the P4/5 again, once he's apologized and worked himself up the ranks again.

Just now, Thiefery said:

America loves to tear down people, forgive them, and give another opportunity.

Road will be long but he's still young.. I can see him coaching at another good situation in the P4/5 again, once he's apologized and worked himself up the ranks again.

If Briles could coach again so can he.

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lol. You think a tweet “locks” a defense into anything? It’s just damage control.

initial public defense...feel free to look up any definitions you're unclear on champ

edit - also it was a reporter who "tweeted" not the fucking defense attorney

Edited by Chopper

guys, it takes a little bit of time for admin/university to do its due diligence, review employment contract with attys to ensure no wrongful termination claims can arise, nothing else civil/contract related, corroborate the story, talk to chris, etc...

but the action will be swift.  he's absolutely done.  

I want to announce that Valmy77 and JFKFC were seen raping a farm animal on i35 this morning. 

Since the charges have been leveled, they would certainly agree that they have humiliated Surly and should be immediately banned from the site and their employers notified for immediate dismissal today. I’m thankful that we are all in agreement that swift action is necessary to restore justice for all of us. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

All I learned from that video is that in this day in age you don't ever want to get arrested even it is for just public intoxication.

You don't go in front of a judge for a bail hearing and have restraining orders placed on you for PI. 

Not going through all 24 pages here, but what are the odds that the DAs office actually pursues the case here.  He's not a cop, so he's got that going for him.  Hopefully he didn't bang Garza's life partner.  I'd bet this doesn't make a docket for 6 months, and will likely get dropped before it ever sees a court room.

But if it's even 1/2 true: bye, Felicia.

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

You new to Austin or something?  Bro, people are let loose on the reg.  For cheap, too. 

This is kinda where I was coming from. I like to think he’s not a threat or a flight risk and I thought we were reforming bonds. $10k is simultaneously too high for he said / she said where (allegedly) the victim is looking to drop the charges and also not remotely high enough for a millionaire like Beard. I’m way out of my element here

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

I want to announce that Valmy77 and JFKFC were seen raping a farm animal on i35 this morning

Since the charges have been leveled, they would certainly agree that they have humiliated Surly and should be immediately banned from the site and their employers notified for immediate dismissal today. I’m thankful that we are all in agreement that swift action is necessary to restore justice for all of us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Man for a board who hates cops and denial of due process a lot of you sure seem to love cops and denial of due process. 

+rep'd

50 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i don't know anything about anything and this isn't meant with any sort of subtext, but $10k feels a little light given the charges, no?

totally normal, could even be lower under the circumstances

46 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

how humiliating.....

There was:

(1) an emergency protective order - kicking him out of his house, no harassing or threatening conduct, no firearms, etc., that expires in 61 days and

(2) conditions of bond keeping him 200 yards from her everywhere she is, that expires when the case is over

Either one can be modified by the judge that issued the conditions or the district judge that presides over his case 

17 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Ok, another question for the lawyers.

Doesn't he have the right to have his attorney there with him, even for this?

Not at magistration.

11 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Usually sought by the cops, often times over the objection or without the knowledge of the complaining witness, and sometimes at their request

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I found that video to be dark comedy-level uncomfortable and humiliating in a way that accidentally made me laugh out loud. That guy is fucking toast. 

when he was being super respectful in the video to the judge - I chuckled out loud at my desk from the same dark humor uncomfortable nature of it all you mentioned and thought "you stupid mothefucker, being respectful NOW? that ain't getting you shit."

moron.  

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi