Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

3 hours ago, GeorgetownLaw said:

Wow, since none of us personally know either Beard or Trew, many of you sure like to cast aspersions on peoples’ characters. (Not even going into the victim blaming-come on… a 6’5” 250 # man throwing a woman around the room!). We DO KNOW she was beaten, bitten, choked, scratched. I don’t care how angry he was, he’s a POS and no parent wants that kind of coach to have influence over the child. Good riddance. 

This is not in any way an attempt to drag CCB in his lowest moment, but it is becoming clearer why he admires Bobby Knight so. He gets him. Both men are complicated and both feel intensely. 
Andre Emmit’s family are members of my church and I attended Andre’s funeral. Beard got there very early, before the thousand or so people began to fill the Sanctuary. He sat alone. His external grief was palpable and in that moment, I began to see him as something other than just a good coach. Complicated people can exhibit contradictory behaviors, which could explain Beard’s uneven relationships with players and significant others. He impresses me as the kind of guy who will marry at least five times because it’s another thing he wants to master. 
I hope things turn out well for him.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Yea and CB is like 6’1ish and 210 lbs. 

She had no business provoking him, especially if she was “in fear of her life”. He should have understood that he was in a no-win situation though. 
He also could have done like Dave Chappelle and hire a woman to come beat her up instead.

He must be getting smaller.  I read earlier that he was 6'5" 250 lbs. 

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

To the criminal defense lawyers:

Is there any advantage in not turning over the recording of the incident on the spot if you really thought it would exonerate you? Aren’t the cops eventually going to get it any way once you’ve told them it exists? An accused says he has a recording of the incident for which he is charged with crime is surely a basis for a judge to issue a search warrant, isn’t it?

If you have concerns about the cops listening to the recording, then you probably shouldn’t say you have one in the first place. 

Apologies if this has already been covered. 

Civil lawyer here, but I have done criminal defense in the past. You have to remember he wasn’t with his lawyer when asked for the tape. You can’t expect him to think like an attorney on the spot. I would never recommend for a client to give anything to the police without me hearing it first. In fact, I would recommend as a general practice not to say or give anything to the police without first speaking to an attorney. Him not giving the police the tape shouldn’t sway you as to his guilt or innocence. It’s just good practice. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, hookem17 said:

Because expecting CDC to predict someone without a criminal history is going to commit felonious violence based on the fact that their relationship may or may not be a little erratic is moronic. 

You also keep comparing the Beard situation to Sark, which makes no sense. Sark may not be the best football coach, but hiring him doesn’t come with the kind of “consequences” you seem to be implying. 

This isn't about CDC predicting anything. I think their relationship issues were known and discussed by a hiring committee. Even if they weren't, when an important hire like this goes bad (and this is really bad), regardless of the reasons why, the person accountable faces consequences.

When I bring up Sark, I certainly don't mean to be implying that he has gone off the wagon or has any personal or family issues. There is every reason to think he is being an excellent person. It is purely about performance. We've seen Aranda win the conference in year 2 and Dykes win the conference in year one. Sark has better players, more resources and isn't performing nearly as well.

I do think that the people he reports to are very disappointed in these 2 (most important) hires of CDC. It doesn't matter why both went wrong. It only matters that they went wrong. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

This isn't about CDC predicting anything. I think their relationship issues were known and discussed by a hiring committee. Even if they weren't, when an important hire like this goes bad (and this is really bad), regardless of the reasons why, the person accountable faces consequences.

When I bring up Sark, I certainly don't mean to be implying that he has gone off the wagon or has any personal or family issues. There is every reason to think he is being an excellent person. It is purely about performance. We've seen Aranda win the conference in year 2 and Dykes win the conference in year one. Sark has better players, more resources and isn't performing nearly as well.

I do think that the people he reports to are very disappointed in these 2 (most important) hires of CDC. It doesn't matter why both went wrong. It only matters that they went wrong. 

I for one did not see Dykes win the conference in year one.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

We've seen Aranda win the conference in year 2 and Dykes win the conference in year one. Sark has better players, more resources and isn't performing nearly as well.

I mean, it's far from certain that Sark had better players than Aranda.  Looking at 2022 NFL draft picks:

T-3. Big 12  25

• Oklahoma — 7
  • Baylor — 6
  • Iowa State — 4
  • Oklahoma State — 3
  • Texas Tech — 2
  • Kansas State — 2
  • Kansas — 1
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Why do you have such a bone to pick with CDC?

We're all different. 99% of my sports interest is in UT Football. I have always felt the Sark hire was a poor decision. The team exceeded my expectations this year but I think that was in spite of, and not because of, Sark. That is why I have a bone to pick with CDC.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I for one did not see Dykes win the conference in year one.

My apologies. I should have said going undefeated to the regular season and going to the CFB playoffs, 

If you had told this board back when Beard was hired that CDC was going to not hire him because his relationship with his girlfriend was “volatile” but there were no confirmed incidents which on their face were disqualifying, people would have been calling for his head. 
This ain’t the same as vouching for someone in the mafia. 
The administration has been super happy with Beard. At the time it was a home run hire.  It still looked like that up until yesterday. 
I also do not think that the administration thinks Sark was a bad hire. What they will tell you was there were a lot of issues behind the scenes with the team and there was a dearth of talent when Sark took over. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

It's cute you think CDC has the final word on coaching hires at Texas in football and/or basketball.   Post less.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Skipper said:

It's cute you think CDC has the final word on coaching hires at Texas in football and/or basketball.   Post less.

I am open to the idea that CDC isn't the shot caller on those 2 hires, but, he will be the one with his ass on the chopping block if both tank. 

• Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I am open to the idea that CDC isn't the shot caller on those 2 hires, but, he will be the one with his ass on the chopping block if both tank. 

That’s not what I hear from people who donate a lot of money to the athletic department. All I know is that he is treated like a hero in the Germania Club before the basketball games.  Most rational people who know what the guy does on a daily basis are pretty pleased with him.  
He has a lot of goodwill built up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I’ve met the guy twice at football games. He’s also about the same size as Marcus Carr and Tyrese Hunter. He’s close to my numbers.

My point is that he’s not some huge guy, but he’s still got at least 60 lbs on her. She should have never came at him the way she did, but his advantages should have given him the ability to take a step back and understand the situation better. 

You ever been in a confined cage with an angry hellcat?  Sometimes "advantages" have nothing to do with anything, other than the best thing he could have done was run away as fast as he could.  If that was even the situation.  I will say in the 37 years I've been with my wife (quite a few before we actually married), we had a couple of physical altercations where I was being an asshole and she lost her mind.  I once "broke her finger".  Meaning, her finger got broken by me trying to deflect several punches aimed directly at my face.  At the time she was no shrinking violet as we were running a "ranch" so to speak and she could "chock" hay bales and run a chainsaw etc.  Nothing to do really with Chris Beard, other than to say there are times you have to protect yourself and occasionally that means it might injure the other person.  When the fists start flying at you sometimes there isn't time to consider "good" decisions.

Like I said, I'm not applying that to this case, I have no fucking idea what happened.  But thinking a guy should "act big" because he "is big" is ludicrous.  When someone gets out of control and starts trying to hurt you, there isn't always time to consult the "good behavior guidebook for gentlemen and college coaches".   

• Hook 'Em 4

43 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

umm-wait.gif

• Haha 7

Since everyone is offering their hot takes on the situation, how about Trew being a Tech agent tasked with taking down CB and our surging basketball program? 

My other hot take is that she realized CB would break up with her, which was just too much to take given that she had left a successful coaching career to be with him.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, redswingline said:
Not sure who he choked or if that is accurate. That said, women smack men all the time and everyone thinks "the guy probably deserved it" but if a man smacks a woman, even if she hit him first, everyone flips their shit.

Yes, because it doesn't matter if she hit him first. A man smacking a woman in anything other than no-bullshit, life-and-death self-defense is wrong 100% of the time. 

3 hours ago, Knighthawk said:

This entire story makes zero sense.  The only plausible explanation to me … He probably broke it off and was staying in the guest room to allow her time pack her shit and find a place to live.   She tried to negotiate some cash for the break up and he said fuck off.  I assume she has no legal path to get his cash on top of being a failed high school volleyball coach with anger issues means she has nothing to lose and is going to bring his ass down … And maybe she gets paid off in the process to change her story.   It’s business.   

Or, and bear with me, a couple in a real-life relationship with a ton of public pressure and visibility had a bunch of simmering resentments that came to a head all at once and things got violent.  Too far fetched?

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Also CDC did not hire Sark, at least that is what I am told on this board. The football coach hiring is above his paygrade.

Which true, and is the biggest impediment to the success of our football program, but that's another topic. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

Even if they weren't, when an important hire like this goes bad (and this is really bad), regardless of the reasons why, the person accountable faces consequences.

It doesn't matter why both went wrong. It only matters that they went wrong. 

How does the “why” not matter? If it doesn’t matter why, then you hold people accountable for things completely beyond their control. And we’re not talking about professional negligence here - we’re talking about holding someone accountable for another’s actions in his personal life. That’s totally irrational.

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Since everyone is offering their hot takes on the situation, how about Trew being a Tech agent tasked with taking down CB and our surging basketball program? 

My other hot take is that she realized CB would break up with her, which was just too much to take given that she had left a successful coaching career to be with him.

image.gif.d5eea3fc1d49d7f01c2cce28d98c3c86.gif

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

Beard was 1000% a home run hire at the time. If CDC passed on him because of “red flags” about his girlfriend then he would’ve been crucified. These guys have very few opportunities to hire a sure thing, his girlfriend wasn’t gonna be the reason he wasn’t going to get the job.

Are people still trying to find a way through this?  The only way she drops charges/recants if they are staying together and if they are staying together we need to fire him.  

If they are done as a couple, I imagine she won’t do that, and given affidavit we should fire him.  

She FAFO’d with a guy willing to put his hands on a woman, and he FA with crazy for far too long and FO.  Not our standard. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JFKFC said:

I replied to this but I don't see that response. If this is a double response - my apologies.

I am a regular guy in a regular nothing job. I don't make millions. I'm not a state employee. I don't have a contract. I think you knew your response was silly before you posted it.

I don't know if you are aware, but it's actually illegal to ask prospective employees about their relationship status when you are courting them for a potential job.  So no, it's not at all shocking that they didn't go down this rabbit hole.  Neither the size of the paycheck nor the name of the employer for that potential job changes that at all.  Nor does having a contract associated with it.  And if you are in Texas, just so you know, you have that clause in your employment as well, it's likely sitting in an employee handbook you ignored.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, CTC2 said:

That’s not what I hear from assholes who donate a lot of money to the athletic department. All I know is that he was treated like a hero in the Rich Asshole Club before the basketball games. Most rational people who know what the guy does on a daily basis aren't pretty pleased with him.  

He done fucked up. 

Your spell checker may be broken.  fify

3 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

He has zero contact with the team. Ogden may have picked him up but I assure you the game (with fucking Rice) was not at all discussed, and those coaches will henceforth be instructed to not have any contact with Beard. 

They don’t let you watch sports in jail. It’s all Mormon cowboy soap operas that fried out tweakers get really emotional about while they talk about their trucks that got impounded and sold but like they don’t know they’re gone 

2 hours ago, JFKFC said:

I mean, you're right that CDC bears the ultimate responsibility in some "the buck stops here" sense.

But when has UT's Athletic Director ever been held to a standard like that?

First, most of the powers that be understand that Sarkisian, at least, wasn't strictly his hire (it was, in fact, theirs).  Second, the Athletic Department is doing grandly in just about every other way, just as it has for the last 25-50 years while football and basketball ebbed and flowed, mostly ebbing.  And that is the standard applied by the University of Texas to Athletic Directors in that period, through at least a half dozen Presidents and dozens of Regents and powerful BMD.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

She’s bangable only if you’re Chris beard without money. She is not attractive. 

I mean, she's not like an 8, but she's a good 6. Beard could absolutely do better, and I wish I had an answer as to why he's not banging an 18 year old stripper like a real coach would do. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

1. Yes.  See Mike Leach.  The universities pay buyouts because they don’t want other coaching candidates to get spooked, not because they actually have to pay.

2. That’s a standard for cause definition. The university’s lawyers would be the ones getting raked over the coals if the definition didn’t include that language.

And as wide-open as the termination provisions are, they're basically non-negotiable and that's known from the outset by both sides.

It's also known that that other than employment discrimination, any lawsuit against the University (or another state employer) is going to face an uphill battle in terms of sovereign immunity and that if a coach gets shitcanned for cause, he's fucked.  Coaches know damn right they're on their best behavior or risk it all and that any payout under the contract will be essentially voluntary by the University.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, JFKFC said:

This is where you and I disagree. A world of difference between paying players (which is now legal) and lying about Houston Nutt (likely at the direction of the AD now at A&M) compared to a Felony Strangulation charge against a woman. 

I thought Freeze got in trouble for using his university-provided phone to arrange sex with hookers?

Fuck me, I can't keep up with all the scandals these days.

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi