Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

5 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Look, I don’t know how many times we have to keep telling you, but no matter how often you keep lawyer shopping there is never going to be a consensus telling you it’s ok to throw Shaka Smart off the top of the Tower.  

I’m a lawyer. I say it’s ok. I will represent him pro bono. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Now is the time to slow down, collect the information and do your due diligence. Bellmont will handle it the right way.

Everything you are saying makes sense.....IF this were the regular dismissal of a regular state employee. Optics matter in this case. Timing matters.

Also, I am, very nervous (as each hour passes without Beard being fired) that someone is trying to workout a way for Beard to stay. If they have a video of her saying "I am going to walk into that room, break his glasses and start a fight that gets Chris fired. Screw him!!!"  Beard would still need to go. 

• Fuck You 10

7 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

An attorney should probably weigh in, but I understand an indictment comes from a grand jury and a charge comes from a prosecutor.  I may be wrong, but I thought we only had an arrest and that a prosecutor hasn’t decided yet whether to press charges 

You can charge someone by Information. Normally that is filed in short order after an instanter arrest.

The indictment can come later.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Add to this she just realized her meal-ticket now goes **POOF!**

Yeah that’s right since they were just dating and not married, Beard can kick her out of his house and he owes her nothing. She’ll have to stay on her feet using whatever income she makes at her current job….assuming she has one. A severe lifestyle downgrade either way. This begs the question for all bread winners out there, “why get married?”

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

Trying to negotiate as clean an exit as possible.  Quoting Michael Clayton, 'the smaller the mess, the easier it is to clean up.'

The University could just can him immediately, no severance, which would almost surely trigger a lawsuit.  There might be a middle ground to prevent a lawsuit while still terminating him.

from a risk perspective there is no downside to going through the process and firing him a week after it happened.

does it really change anything if he is let go today, friday or this upcoming monday? no but from a risk perspective it lets you do an actual investigation, get your ducks in a row, prepare the file for the lawsuit, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

Everything you are saying makes sense.....IF this were the regular dismissal of a regular state employee. Optics matter in this case. Timing matters.

Also, I am, very nervous (as each hour passes without Beard being fired) that someone is trying to workout a way for Beard to stay. If they have a video of her saying "I am going to walk into that room, break his glasses and start a fight that gets Chris fired. Screw him!!!"  Beard would still need to go. 

Don’t get stupid. There are some things that could happen where he can and should come back.  They are implausible and unlikely but he’s suspended without pay, there’s no one we would hire full time1 it’s fine to take enough time to do it right. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, JFKFC said:

Why? This is silly. Let people do their jobs. Firing someone with a multi-million dollar contract doesn’t happen on Twitter time. Even with a solid contract breach claim and sovereign immunity to back that up, there’s no way the lawyers involved are giving the go ahead this quickly. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, softlynow said:

Firing someone with a multi-million dollar contract doesn’t happen on Twitter time.

Basketball & Football are the 2 biggest college sports. Has the head coach in either of those 2 sports, at any FBS university, ever been arrested for a violent felony charge related to a female in their life? If anything like this has happened, I can't recall it. We are setting the standard in how to deal with this. I disagree with you and I think our action should have been immediate when he was arrested for felony strangulation. 

• Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, NashLonghorn said:

Yup his temper/behavior seems to be on a delayed timer.  There are better candidates out in the basketball universe that can recruit, coach and still be somewhat reputable

Umm... who? The list of coaches that I would consider better than Beard or at least comparable is pretty tiny. The highest profile names have some huge asterisks by them, are dead, or are retired. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I spent most of Monday feeling really awful for the guy, I guess based on the shock value of the situation, and then also seeing how humiliating that public arraignment was on Zoom. By now, I feel less bad for the guy due to his inability to rid his household of the problem. If it were someone like Johnny electrician buddy that works his dick off only to come home to a BSC nag, fine...but I am kind of near the end of feeling bad for the $5MM/year top of the world guy. 

Just now, brojangles2 said:

I spent most of Monday feeling really awful for the guy, I guess based on the shock value of the situation, and then also seeing how humiliating that public arraignment was on Zoom. By now, I feel less bad for the guy due to his inability to rid his household of the problem. If it were someone like Johnny electrician buddy that works his dick off only to come home to a BSC nag, fine...but I am kind of near the end of feeling bad for the $5MM/year top of the world guy. 

The bar story by CheeseTeen kind of did it for me

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I can't think of a single scenario, even a highly implausible one, that should allow for Beard to stay. 

Her having a weapon. Her actually causing the injuries herself would be another. Fuck what our rivals would say about us retaining him either way. He wouldn’t deserve to get canned a mind we shouldn’t. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, DaysOff said:

This is already a non story outside the Austin centric bubble of this website. The University can't make a decision yet because what happens when the charges get dropped, become a class 3 misdemeanor, or she recants or becomes uncooperative. You give the drunk football coach a second chance that by the grace of god didn't dui on top of a kid on his tricycle, but no second chances for what may have been a slap fight between two people that bring the worst out of each other.

Nobody knows shit yet. At least Nobody on this site. I'm glad actual adults are making the final decision.

You don't really sound like an actual adult, tbh.

It's still the 2nd and 3rd story on ESPN's NCAAM page, the 3rd story on The Athletic's NCAAM page, a headline on the NYT online sports section, etc. etc. etc. 

And nothing has happened in 48 hours now.

When the university announces a decision it will be the top story in every Sports section everywhere. And if your overly optimistic scenario were to play out and Texas were the make the incomprehensible decision to keep Beard we will hear about this story every single game for the next 5 years.

Adults accept reality.

Edited by MotownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

25 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Yeah that’s right since they were just dating and not married, Beard can kick her out of his house and he owes her nothing. She’ll have to stay on her feet using whatever income she makes at her current job….assuming she has one. A severe lifestyle downgrade either way. This begs the question for all bread winners out there, “why get married?”

If her dad owned a car dealership or a beer distributorship? 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Basketball & Football are the 2 biggest college sports. Has the head coach in either of those 2 sports, at any FBS university, ever been arrested for a violent felony charge related to a female in their life? If anything like this has happened, I can't recall it. We are setting the standard in how to deal with this. I disagree with you and I think our action should have been immediate when he was arrested for felony strangulation. 

you should really consider shutting the fuck up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

There is no reason for the University to do that.  He is in breach by the plain language of his contract by being charged with a felony. 

The person you're quoting stated the reason: To avoid a potential lawsuit.

It doesn't matter the merits of the lawsuit. You calculate the costs of defending a lawsuit vs the costs of a hefty severance and do the math. There are secondary effects, too.

No matter how well-written your contract is, no matter how clear a violation is, the reality of implementation is messy.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, NashLonghorn said:

There are better candidates out in the basketball universe that can recruit, coach and still be somewhat reputable

What's the Venn diagram of the coaches who do all this and would take the Texas job, to be always second banana to football?

46 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Has the head coach in either of those 2 sports, at any FBS university, ever been arrested for a violent felony charge related to a female in their life? 

I probably missed most of this conversation but there was an "acting" head coach just last month.

Same deal.  Felony/"strangulation".  Huskers football Mickey Joseph.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/11/30/ex-nebraska-interim-football-coach-mickey-joseph-arrested-strangulation-domestic-assault/

But this one had a verified punch.  Or at least swelling of the eye.  

So, it's hard for this guy to say he was just being defensive which is a possible option for Beard based on what little we know so far.

Edited by ATXbronco
  • Rage+1 1

45 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Watch out for chicks named 'Kristy'.

I have very few rules when it comes to women. But they are as follows 

1. Never, and I mean never date a women without back pockets

2. Never date a women who wears turquoise jewelry

3. Never date a women whose first name ends with the letters I or Y. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

you should really consider shutting the fuck up.

I think he should keep making the exact same point over and over and over and over again.

In fact, maybe we can give him his own forum somewhere where he can keep doing it and none of us have to fucking read it or see it quoted.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

The bar story by CheeseTeen kind of did it for me

There’s plenty of times in a volatile relationship like theirs seems to be that both parties are single. It’s a wave of off again on again. Does that make him possibly right in the current situation, no.  But the man trying to get laid shouldn’t sway a opinion without knowing the facts of their relationship either. 

12 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

You felt awful for him?

See, I felt bad, but not for him. I felt bad for me, who was just getting to start to like basketball. For the players and staff, who won't have him around. For the administration, who just got handed an awful mess to deal with. For Longhorn basketball fans everywhere, who just got cold-cocked by this news. For the University, which gets its name tarnished by this.

I might feel bad for Beard after all that because, Lord knows, I can't go around casting stones. But I feel bad for all of them first.

That is a better summary of what I meant by that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

The person you're quoting stated the reason: To avoid a potential lawsuit.

It doesn't matter the merits of the lawsuit. You calculate the costs of defending a lawsuit vs the costs of a hefty severance and do the math. There are secondary effects, too.

No matter how well-written your contract is, no matter how clear a violation is, the reality of implementation is messy.

Yeah, I’m a lawyer and know how it works. My point is that there is no indication that any of that is happening. In fact, I have been told it explicitly is not. FWIW. 

23 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

You felt awful for him?

See, I felt bad, but not for him. I felt bad for me, who was just getting to start to like basketball. For the players and staff, who won't have him around. For the administration, who just got handed an awful mess to deal with. For Longhorn basketball fans everywhere, who just got cold-cocked by this news. For the University, which gets its name tarnished by this.

We, us, the team, the staff, the administration, the guy who wears the Bevo head at games, many others I guess. 

I feel bad first and foremost for the woman who was beaten by Beard. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi