Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

Herman was definitely the bigger asshole.  Never really heard a cross word about Beard until the incident.  Patterson was probably the biggest a-hole in all of athletics in the last decade.  But multiple women between Athletics Dept., Longhorn Foundation, and those who were support staff housed in NEZ called him "Friday Tom."  Apparently most Fridays in the off-season, Tom would get shitfaced at lunch and then in his office and then roam the halls of DKR (Belmont and NEZ specifically) and just wander into women's offices and strike up incredibly awkward conversations.  It is known meme

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Apparently most Fridays in the off-season, Tom would get shitfaced at lunch and then in his office and then roam the halls of DKR (Belmont and NEZ specifically) and just wander into women's offices and strike up incredibly awkward conversations. 

And???

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well that was it.  He was just incredibly creepy according to some of them.  Beard was apparently aces until the night of the incident though.  Somebody else made the comparison between the two upthread.  As usual, I'll get the derail blame.  Who gives a shit.  I gotta go find some xanax laced meth to smoke before the news cycle gets rebooted.  

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i mean, seriously?? you're really asking why his 10 year body of work as a D-1 HC means more than his 3 1/2 months as coach of chris beard's team that was a national title favorite when RT took over? what are you people smoking???

Yes, I mean seriously!!  I'm really asking...and as usual, your answer to a question you can't answer is hyperbolic incredulity that anyone would even ask it.  Why did we even spend money paying assistants when Beard obviously didn't need any help building the roster and guiding it to its potential?

I mean, seriously!!  We all know that Texas would not have hired Terry based on his 10 years of head coaching experience.  Yet here we are with him being hired after his 3.5 months of not shitting the bed with the team assembled by the best coach we'll ever have. 

Those are the facts.  Clearly someone thinks those 3.5 months at Texas mean more than the his 10 years as a head coach at other schools...a lot of someones, actually.  Otherwise, there would be a lot more objections from more than a just a handful of posters who think that we should have kept Beard or that we had realistic home run alternatives to Terry.

You aren't really upset that we hired Terry.  I know that you understand that under the circumstances, it was the right thing to do.  You are still grieving the loss of Beard, and that is certainly understandable.  Terry isn't Beard, but can we please give the man a chance to do the job before we assume he is going to be a failure, and maybe throw a little support behind him to make it easier?  No?  Well surly is going to surly, I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Well that was it.  He was just incredibly creepy according to some of them.  Beard was apparently aces until the night of the incident though.  Somebody else made the comparison between the two upthread.  As usual, I'll get the derail blame.  Who gives a shit.  I gotta go find some xanax laced meth to smoke before the news cycle gets rebooted.  

Did Beard pipe Kendra Scott, don't think so buddy! haha

I didn’t comment on that.  What I said was he was grossly and drunkenly flirting/creeping out multiple female staffers in Belmont/NEZ offices.  

by comparison, beard was very cordial and polite with everyone up there.  But  Tom would apparently start at lunch January&february and then may&june, hoist a few more in his office and then start counter-clockwise from moncrief to ut club to NEZ offices to Belmont and back again.  They had to contact V&E to see if it was enough for cause in the end. 

On 4/3/2023 at 11:42 AM, idigTexas said:

Can I get some of you Nostradamus assholes to tell me the winning lottery numbers for the next drawing, please?  

Why are the 10 years at other schools more telling than what he has actually done at Texas? 

What will really tell us with how things are going to go is how they actually go.  Sometimes people learn and develop new skills, and become better at their jobs.  Sometimes a situation suits a person better than a previous one.  

And why are people talking about Terry in the Beard thread?  If you are going to continue to have pessimistic shitty takes, at least put them where they can be properly ridiculed.   

How many college coaches sucked for years at multiple jobs only to be successful a couple of years down the line when a new job landed in their lap?  Has that happened ever?  Good coaches generally make themselves known.

It's just a shitty fucking deal.  Beard really fucked Texas by doing what he did.

Edited by Starfleet Command
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, idigTexas said:

Yes, I mean seriously!!  I'm really asking...and as usual, your answer to a question you can't answer is hyperbolic incredulity that anyone would even ask it. 

first off, name any legit question ever that i've "not been able to answer". that idea on its face it's laughable. the only questions i don't bother answering are the stupid ones. second, there's nothing "hyperbolic" about my incredulity towards your stupid question. i ain't gotta explain what's understood, or at least i shouldn't have to,  it apparently with you i do.

27 years as a D-1 coach, 10 of them as a sub .500 HC at utep (where he bounced before getting fired) and fresno state (where his time was quickly running out so he left his HC to be an assistant), and you honestly have no idea why people put more stock into that 10 year career with his own teams than his three and a half months coaching someone else's team, a team that was already a national title favorite when he took over. if you seriously don't understand why that is then i can't help you, because that's just the most illogical thing i've heard in a very long time.

7 hours ago, idigTexas said:

Clearly someone thinks those 3.5 months at Texas mean more than the his 10 years as a head coach at other schools...a lot of someones, actually. 

don't mistake the fact that it was infinitely more sensible to retain RT as our HC as opposed to letting him go with the idea that CDC and "lots of other somebodies" all of a sudden believe that RT is the best possible choice for this job. we could either keep him on, retain most of our eligible roster as well as our two AA signees, or we could announce that we weren't offering him the job, at which point we lose probably all of our roster save Brock, both of our AA commits, and we go on a coaching search that ends with us completely starting from scratch someone like Brian Dutcher at best, assuming he doesn't turn us down for a raise. retaining RT was as easy a decision for CDC as whether or not he should wake up tomorrow and cut off his dick with a rusty spoon. you taking that decision as some total endorsement of RT as being qualified for this job is a wild, illogical leap of faith. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Herman was definitely the bigger asshole.  Never really heard a cross word about Beard until the incident.  Patterson was probably the biggest a-hole in all of athletics in the last decade.  But multiple women between Athletics Dept., Longhorn Foundation, and those who were support staff housed in NEZ called him "Friday Tom."  Apparently most Fridays in the off-season, Tom would get shitfaced at lunch and then in his office and then roam the halls of DKR (Belmont and NEZ specifically) and just wander into women's offices and strike up incredibly awkward conversations.  It is known meme

Yung Freaknasty?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

first off, name any legit question ever that i've "not been able to answer". that idea on its face it's laughable. the only questions i don't bother answering are the stupid ones. second, there's nothing "hyperbolic" about my incredulity towards your stupid question. i ain't gotta explain what's understood, or at least i shouldn't have to,  it apparently with you i do.

27 years as a D-1 coach, 10 of them as a sub .500 HC at utep (where he bounced before getting fired) and fresno state (where his time was quickly running out so he left his HC to be an assistant), and you honestly have no idea why people put more stock into that 10 year career with his own teams than his three and a half months coaching someone else's team, a team that was already a national title favorite when he took over. if you seriously don't understand why that is then i can't help you, because that's just the most illogical thing i've heard in a very long time.

Honestly not interested enough to look it up but if you happen to know how did the coaches before and after him do at those schools? 

9 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I didn’t comment on that.  What I said was he was grossly and drunkenly flirting/creeping out multiple female staffers in Belmont/NEZ offices.  

by comparison, beard was very cordial and polite with everyone up there.  But  Tom would apparently start at lunch January&february and then may&june, hoist a few more in his office and then start counter-clockwise from moncrief to ut club to NEZ offices to Belmont and back again.  They had to contact V&E to see if it was enough for cause in the end. 

Beard would be universally liked by most of you degenerates on this board. Funny, personable and generally a good guy.  Go back and look at some of his “fireside chats”. However, you could tell that he was intense especially if you saw him conduct a practice. 

Herman just oozed arrogance. However, it was apparent to me that he was(is) deeply damaged by his father who was a long time alcoholic who died living on the streets of Cincinnati.  

• Hook 'Em 1

This thread will definitely be 500+ pages in a year if Ole Miss even manages a bubble team. I pretty much despise Beard at this point, but have to admit I’m interested to see what he does in the portal and also will enjoy having another team to hate watch. His first game in Moody should be a classic.

14 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Apparently most Fridays in the off-season, Tom would get shitfaced at lunch and then in his office and then roam the halls of DKR (Belmont and NEZ specifically) and just wander into women's offices and strike up incredibly awkward conversations.

Surly-Horny-jen.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

You do realize that Terry has been hired, correct?  No one believes that Terry would have been offered the job prior to taking over for Beard.  So why was he hired?  Clearly what he did over the last 3.5 months carried more weight, at least to those who are paid to make those decisions.  You can argue that the last 3.5 months should not have mattered more all you want, but you can't change the fact that it actually did.  If you seriously don't understand that, then I can't help YOU

Barnes and Beard are both gone.  Get over it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

D3A74A21-D3FB-417B-A58C-CEDC13609CB4.thumb.jpeg.690cbcd3124fb267098e080db881b14a.jpeg

BF56DB0B-C837-4296-89D4-8909100E9B9A.thumb.jpeg.c7b66f53bf89553a0b7787c8c0b9bef2.jpeg

DB5DADE4-F818-4C37-A4E0-FCB2E1E8CAF4.thumb.jpeg.41e800448d9b7c0d18f9385cd894eaee.jpeg

This Phil Johnson guy looks awful and Golding should head back to ACU as they let him stay after a horrible stretch from 2014-18. 

was this actually posted to endorse RT? Looks like he was trending the right way at both utep and Fresno?

8 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

You do realize that Terry has been hired, correct?  No one believes that Terry would have been offered the job prior to taking over for Beard.  So why was he hired?  Clearly what he did over the last 3.5 months carried more weight, at least to those who are paid to make those decisions.  You can argue that the last 3.5 months should not have mattered more all you want, but you can't change the fact that it actually did.  If you seriously don't understand that, then I can't help YOU

Barnes and Beard are both gone.  Get over it. 

Hey! Derka supports RT ok!! B

16 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

27 years as a D-1 coach, 10 of them as a sub .500 HC at utep (where he bounced before getting fired) and fresno state (where his time was quickly running out so he left his HC to be an assistant),

His time was running out at Fresno State??? Lololol.  He had just coached them to three straight 20 win seasons and their first Tourney appearance in 15 years.  They had TWO 20 win seasons in the 10 prior to Rodney Terry.  He also hugely improved their recruiting.  He had also recently won their conference tournament. He got poached by UTEP, he didn't leave Fresno under duress. 

And at UTEP, his tenure was right in the middle of Covid. He wasn't on the hot seat at all.  If you include performance bonuses, he had the potential of making ~$1M for Texas vs. $750K at UTEP.  (And got to move to Austin).  

I'm not saying that his 10-year record was stellar, but at least paint a correct picture. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, HookEm said:

His time was running out at Fresno State??? Lololol.  He had just coached them to three straight 20 win seasons and their first Tourney appearance in 15 years.  They had TWO 20 win seasons in the 10 prior to Rodney Terry.  He also hugely improved their recruiting.  He had also recently won their conference tournament. He got poached by UTEP, he didn't leave Fresno under duress. 

And at UTEP, his tenure was right in the middle of Covid. He wasn't on the hot seat at all.  If you include performance bonuses, he had the potential of making ~$1M for Texas vs. $750K at UTEP.  (And got to move to Austin).  

I'm not saying that his 10-year record was stellar, but at least paint a correct picture. 

I’m beginning to think he posted that in support of RT.  Touché Derka.  Touché. 

1 hour ago, HookEm said:

Not interested in anyone who doesn’t factor in the col difference between El Paso and Austin. 

the goal posts have been moved so far in this thread lately it's stupid. idig has made his completely illogical point very clear: many people, including chris del conte, who back last october would never have considered RT a worthy candidate for the Texas job, saw this team win the league tourney and go to the EE as a 2 seed, and now all of these people, including CDC, believe that RT is the man for the job, and put more weight into what Texas did this season than they do into his decade as a totally underwhelming HC. that this is the real RT. that he's the reason for this team's success this year, and that he's the the man for the job. 

that's crazy talk. that's not reality. that's completely and utterly delusional. and it's not even up for debate. you'd have to think incredibly lowly of CDC to believe these things, which again, is not really possible if you're basing your feelings on reality. it's a totally ridiculous idea on its face. but hey, keep running with it if that's how you feel. you're completely delusional, but you do you. 

15 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

the goal posts have been moved so far in this thread lately it's stupid. idig has made his completely illogical point very clear: many people, including chris del conte, who back last october would never have considered RT a worthy candidate for the Texas job, saw this team win the league tourney and go to the EE as a 2 seed, and now all of these people, including CDC, believe that RT is the man for the job, and put more weight into what Texas did this season than they do into his decade as a totally underwhelming HC. that this is the real RT. that he's the reason for this team's success this year, and that he's the the man for the job. 

that's crazy talk. that's not reality. that's completely and utterly delusional. and it's not even up for debate. you'd have to think incredibly lowly of CDC to believe these things, which again, is not really possible if you're basing your feelings on reality. it's a totally ridiculous idea on its face. but hey, keep running with it if that's how you feel. you're completely delusional, but you do you. 

Is this gonna be your schtick the rest of the year?  Where you tell us how crappy RT was at Fresno and UTEP and how he only did this because of Chris's players?  Are you  gonna rail on Rodney after every loss and say "Beard would never let this happen?"

For someone who "supports" Rodney and posted a "do it for the fam" thread, you sure have no problem railing on the guy.  We get it, he sucked at Fresno and UTEP.  Some of us think he did enough to win the job over the last 3.5 months.  You don't.  Sean Miller's sweaty ass isn't walking through that door and Calipari wasn't going to take a 2 million dollar pay cut to come here.  

Edited by closetohumping
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Is this gonna be your schtick the rest of the year?  Where you tell us how crappy RT was at Fresno and UTEP and how he only did this because of Chris's players?  Are you  gonna rail on Rodney after every loss and say "Bear would never let this happen?"

will you children stop with this stupid shit? quit projecting your own juvenile manner of dealing with things onto me. for the millionth time, i LOVE rodney terry. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Rodney Terry. yo have never, ever, EVER heard me insult him or trash him. but because i don't think he's good enough for this job? and that CB is a better HC, that means you think i hate Rodney Terry? that you think i'm going to incessantly post about how much he sucks every time he loses? that's your dumbass shtick, not mine.

get it through your fucking thick skulls: me not thinking that RT is the right man for the job is simply my fact-based opinion, and it does not mean that i will suddenly become you and post 10,000 argumentative and combative posts about how much he sucks every time something goes wrong. i cannot have been more clear about how hard i will be rooting for him.!jesus christ im sick of you morons either not paying any attention to what i'm saying and/or projecting your own retarded, juvenile posting habits onto me. fuck off with that shit. 

Just now, shadow_operative said:

will you children stop with this stupid shit? quit projecting your own juvenile manner of dealing with things onto me. for the millionth time, i LOVE rodney terry. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Rodney Terry. yo have never, ever, EVER heard me insult him or trash him. but because i don't think he's good enough for this job? and that CB is a better HC, that means you think i hate Rodney Terry? that you think i'm going to incessantly post about how much he sucks every time he loses? that's your dumbass shtick, not mine.

get it through your fucking thick skulls: me not thinking that RT is the right man for the job is simply my fact-based opinion, and it does not mean that i will suddenly become you and post 10,000 argumentative and combative posts about how much he sucks every time something goes wrong. i cannot have been more clear about how hard i will be rooting for him.!jesus christ im sick of you morons either not paying any attention to what i'm saying and/or projecting your own retarded, juvenile posting habits onto me. fuck off with that shit. 

Who doesn't think Beard is better than Terry?  Thought that was established. But, we got a "no wife beater" rule here, provoked or not.  Wife beaters have to head east, you can do the same and root for Ole Miss.  I'm sure they can use a few extra fans.  

You "love'' Rodney but you don't hesitate to point out how unworthy he is.  GTFO with this shit.  Wait till he fails and then come back and gloat.

in fact @closetohumping you should just fuck off in general. christ what a beating you are. you show up to the hoops board out of nowhere, and all of a sudden you're the most prolific poster here, and all you want to do is try to fight anyone who doesn't declare that rodney terry >>>> john wooden. you've literally been seeking out fights and avoiding any type of adult discussion. this board was a lot better before you popped up out of nowhere ready to fight any and everyone who has any doubts about RT leading this program. you are the one with the shtick, and it's a terrible, self defeating shtick that's adds nothing to the discussion. 

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Dumb And Dumber GIF

As will A LOT of people. It’s going to be irritating AF

Told you he "lacked organizational skills, can't build a roster, sucked at Fresno, rode Chris's coattails, mumbles too much, can't organize a roster."  All have been said about RT by "guys that LOVE and support RT." 

Edited by closetohumping
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Dumb And Dumber GIF

As will A LOT of people. It’s going to be irritating AF

this is not going to happen. UT hasn't hired a coach in my lifetime (ever?) who will begin his stint as HC with more backing and support from the AD, fan base, and alumni. everyone loves RT and wants him to succeed. anyone who is popping up on this forum tj trash him as soon as things go wrong will get the 1604 treatment. this idea that everyone hates RT and wants to trash him is frankly insane. 

Edited by shadow_operative

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

in fact @closetohumping you should just fuck off in general. christ what a beating you are. you show up to the hoops board out of nowhere, and all of a sudden you're the most prolific poster here, and all you want to do is try to fight anyone who doesn't declare that rodney terry >>>> john wooden. you've literally been seeking out fights and avoiding any type of adult discussion. this board was a lot better before you popped up out of nowhere ready to fight any and everyone who has any doubts about RT leading this program. you are the one with the shtick, and it's a terrible, self defeating shtick that's adds nothing to the discussion. 

You're calling people retarded, you're comparing Beard to Saban and Meyer.  I haven't once said Rodney was even better than Chris.  So calm your tits.  You fucking wreck threads all over the board, not just here.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Told you he "lacked organizational skills, can't build a roster, sucked at Fresno, rode Chris's coattails, mumbles too much, can't organize a roster."

you're literally complaining about some shit that you've invented in your head, some shit that has never ever happened, some hypothetical shit that can't even take place for another 7-8 months. great contribution to the discussion. 🙄

i'm just going to give all of your posts the fuck you rep and move on going forward. christ what a beating you are. 

Edited by shadow_operative

On 4/4/2023 at 6:21 AM, idigTexas said:

Clearly someone thinks those 3.5 months at Texas mean more than the his 10 years as a head coach at other schools...a lot of someones, actually.  Otherwise, there would be a lot more objections from more than a just a handful of posters who think that we should have kept Beard or that we had realistic home run alternatives to Terry.

The two bolded portions are not exactly contradictory but the latter undermines the former. It's not that the past season means more in the evaluation of Terry, it's that the evaluation of Terry relative to potential candidates means more. That's it.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

I can't tell from this...bunch of words...what you think is not reality?  It reads like you are saying that what actually happened didn't actually happen, but I'm the illogical and delusional one? 

I'm not moving any goalposts.  My point has been the same from the beginning.  If Terry was not a candidate before taking over for Beard, but he was the obvious choice after the end of the season, then what transpired in that time carried more weight to those making the decision.  I'm not saying that it should have mattered more.  I'm merely pointing out that it obviously did.  What transpired over the past 3.5 months doesn't imply he should be getting all of the credit, or that he has clearly established himself as one of the leading coaches in the game, worthy to lead any program.  It simply means that he did enough to deserve the opportunity to see what he can do.

19 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

don't mistake the fact that it was infinitely more sensible to retain RT as our HC as opposed to letting him go with the idea that CDC and "lots of other somebodies" all of a sudden believe that RT is the best possible choice for this job. we could either keep him on, retain most of our eligible roster as well as our two AA signees, or we could announce that we weren't offering him the job, at which point we lose probably all of our roster save Brock, both of our AA commits, and we go on a coaching search that ends with us completely starting from scratch someone like Brian Dutcher at best, assuming he doesn't turn us down for a raise. retaining RT was as easy a decision for CDC as whether or not he should wake up tomorrow and cut off his dick with a rusty spoon. you taking that decision as some total endorsement of RT as being qualified for this job is a wild, illogical leap of faith. 

So you can state that Terry being retained was sensible, but in your world that's not an endorsement, and if anyone else suggests that hiring Terry was the right thing to do, we are all delusional and clearly think Terry was the ideal candidate for the job?  Okay.  You win.  Go back to moving your own goalposts, chasing windmills, shouting at clouds, or derkaing more threads.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi