Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

Derka. You are a good analyst of college basketball and I use your posts to inform my opinions, but you are not suited to the message board format.

Set up an email newsletter and I’ll subscribe to it, but you do not do well in a conversational medium.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Guys, it’s been 20 years.  He’s not going to change and advice like “don’t take it so seriously” isn’t going to do anything.  Just don’t engage.

DO NOT SKIP THIS POST. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, READ THIS SHIT, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU. 

seriously, it's this. it's so simple. if i'm not fucking with you or starting shit with you, don't fuck with me. if i'm talking basketball then talk basketball right back. but if you know that i'm actually sick, and you know that pushing my buttons can get me to explode, then why do you do it? if you seriously hate it when a thread "gets derka'd" then why would you choose to exclusively be combative and insulting when posting towards me? it just makes no sense.

from the outside looking in you say, "jesus derka, nothing that motown said is that serious, take a chill pill." but you're not the board pariah. you're not a person who, no matter how much he's changed, and no matter how much he avoids starting shit with other people, can't seem to avoid the shit because it's coming at him from all directions, day after day after day. i can promise you that i followed you around being a combative asshole like motown does with me then you too would get really fucking sick of it.

and yes, i am sick. go ahead and thank god that you don't have what i have.and while you're at it, try and appreciate how much i've changed. i shouldn't have to avoid this place altogether for the sake of my mental health. again, if i were being combative and insulting and starting fights with people then yeah, this probably isn't the place for me. but i don't come here for that. i come here for the same reasons that most of you do. i'm here to talk hoops, and i keep it that way. as i keep saying, if you see me talking shit/starting shit then call me on it. if not, then don't bring that bullshit to my doorstep, and especially day after day after day after day, motown (and others).

finally, i am beyond sick and tired of the "if you run into assholes all day then you're the asshole" attitude of this board. you know who runs into assholes all day? kids who get bullied. they walk down the hall with their head down, they don't start trouble, they don't seek out the people who don't like them, they stay in their lane, but that's not enough. some Buzz-from-Home-Alone looking motherfucker always has to fuck with them, to spill their lunch tray, to trip them in the hallway, to talk shit to them when they're just minding their own business. and you can bet your ass that Buzz has a gang of combative, regarded snickering, juvenile assholes with him, just frothing at the mouth to see the show. but hey, according to you guys, the kid getting bullied is the asshole, right? right??

BOTTOM LINE: I am sick. it's a fact.  my quality of life is zero. i have serious physical and mental health issues. my time left on this earth is limited. i do not expect to even be alive two years from today. every single one of you knows this. so why fuck with me? if i start shit with you or talk shit to you, then i'm the asshole, and you should call me on it, every time. but if you go out of your way to fuck with me, to be combative, to be insulting, to exclusively engage some with ad hominem personal bullshit, which many if you do, then you are an asshole of epic proportions, with the brain of a 12 year old. stop convincing yourself that you aren't the problem. leave me the fuck alone if i'm not fucking with you, and watch how all of the "derka'd" threads magically disappear. seriously. stop going out of your way to fuck with me. keep it on topic. fucking hell. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 4

33 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Derka. You are a good analyst of college basketball and I use your posts to inform my opinions, but you are not suited to the message board format.

Set up an email newsletter and I’ll subscribe to it, but you do not do well in a conversational medium.

i do just fine when people don't seek me out for confrontation on a daily basis. also, people gave me this same advice years ago, so i left shaggy and started a blog. guess what happened? people from shaggy immediately found out about the blog and came over en masse to leave terrible comments for me. but i guess that was my fault too, right? i quit the blog after a week. 

this is my stance from here on out, and it should be pretty clear by now: i you see me being insulting or combative then call me on it. but if i'm. it being an asshole to you, and i'm just talking sports, then a)don't be an asshole to me, and b)don't tell me, "hey derka, i know you're like the biggest UT Hoops fam ever, but we're gonna need you to permanently leave the biggest UT Hoops message board in the world, be wise honest to god we all just can't stop fucking with you, and that's bad for your mental health, so, you gotta go." no, no i dont. 

Here's an idea:  if you're that ill, stay off the fucking forums.

I'm sorry, but I have several close family members with clinically diagnosed mental illnesses, including one who successfully commited suicide.  I fucking get it.  But the thing is, it's not a free pass, it's not a "get out of jail free" card.  You don't get to be an utter shitbag to all of us and expect us to just tolerate it.  Other people have problems, too.

Fuck it.  Ban me, I don't care, but I have completely run out of patience on this particular issue.  It squashes discussion, over and over again.  Kindness doesn't work, patience doesn't work if it's not bought in 100%, joking doesn't work, nothing works, and WE'RE the problem?  

Fuck that.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

@MotownHorn i swear to god i will name you in my suicide note. your incessant belittling posts make me want to die. i fucking hate you and your existence which seems to be solely driven by being a piece of shit to me when all i'm trying to do is talk sports. you're an absolute piece of shit. stop posting about me. just fucking stop it. grow the fuck uo and leavee alone, for the love of fucking GOD. this isn't a game asshole. if i'm not starting shit with you. then just fucking leave me alone. GOD DAMN IT.

Hey man, please just put me on ignore if I bother you so much. This type of talk and language is very concerning. There's a button you can click to never see my posts again if they bother you so much.

Please seek help immediately if you're considering suicide. I think 988 is the new national number. We all care about you and value you. You are loved and wanted here with us.

I'm sorry you feel such a way about me, but I've tried very hard to be nice and kind and respectful to you. This type of talk you're using right here is abuser talk trying to control me. 

You can't control me. You can only control you. You're a grown man. Just hit the "ignore" button.

Again I'm sorry you feel so negatively towards me, but that is on you to deal with, not me. 

Edited by MotownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Here's an idea:  if you're that ill, stay off the fucking forums.

I'm sorry, but I have several close family members with clinically diagnosed mental illnesses, including one who successfully commited suicide.  I fucking get it.  But the thing is, it's not a free pass, it's not a "get out of jail free" card.  You don't get to be an utter shitbag to all of us and expect us to just tolerate it. 

as i've stated ad nauseam, i am 100% factually not the one being "an utter shitbag" to any of you. it's literally the opposite of that. it's my repeated point. if you actually see me being "an utter shitbag" to any of you, then by all means, call me on it. but that's not what's happening. your entire assertion is bullshitC and as i've said, "hey derka we're not going to stop being pieces of shit towards you so you have to leave" doesn't fly. next.

feel free to post literally anything of substance to back up your asinine claims. "kindness doesn't work"? where the fuck do you see anyone here trying kindness? bring the receipts or fuck off.

3 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Hey man, please just put me on ignore if I bother you so much. This type of talk and language is very concerning. There's a button you can click to never see my posts again if they bother you so much.

Please seek help immediately if you're considering suicide. I think 988 is the new national number. We all care about you and value you. You are loved and wanted here with us.

I'm sorry you feel such a way about me, but I've tried very hard to be nice and kind and respectful to you. This type of talk you're using right here is abuser talk trying to control me. 

You can't control me. You can only control you. You're a grown man. Just hit the "ignore" button.

Again I'm sorry you feel so negatively towards me, but that is on you to deal with, not me. 

hey asshole, why don't you put me on ignore. you are the one who seeks me out, not the other way around. in fact i'm pretty sure you already have me on ignore as i tried to pm you the other day and it wouldn't let me. stop fucking with me. i don't fuck with you. you go out of your way to fuck with me. that's 100% on you. just stop it. it's that simple.

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

as i've stated ad nauseam, i am 100% factually not the one being "an utter shitbag" to any of you. it's literally the opposite of that. 

Utter horseshit.  You've been extraordinarily ugly to me, and no, I don't have the receipts, do your own fucking research.  You rag on me often for any criticism, accusing me of not offering up any content, when in fact I talk basketball/baseball/football/whatever on the appropriate threads all the time.

You have zero self awareness.  I'm sorry that's the case, I don't like to see anyone suffering, but at some point you have to take some responsiblity for your own actions, or just leave.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Utter horseshit.  You've been extraordinarily ugly to me, and no, I don't have the receipts, do your own fucking research.  You rag on me often for any criticism, accusing me of not offering up any content, when in fact I talk basketball/baseball/football/whatever on the appropriate threads all the time.

You have zero self awareness.  I'm sorry that's the case, I don't like to see anyone suffering, but at some point you have to take some responsiblity for your own actions, or just leave.

hot air. hollow. utter bullshit. if "extraordinarily ugly". prove it. quote me. you can't.

if anything you've claimed was true it would be incredibly easy to reference. but it's not true. it's total bullshit. take accountability for our own shit jj. don't project it onto me. 

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

hot air. hollow. utter bullshit. if "extraordinarily ugly". prove it. quote me. you can't.

if anything you've claimed was true it would be incredibly easy to reference. but it's not true. it's total bullshit. take accountability for our own shit jj. don't project it onto me. 

Fuck you.  If you don't know how you've responded to me for years then that's on you.  I'm not digging into this site's horrible search function to prove it to you, it wouldn't matter anyway.  You'd come up with some reason to justify your horrible behavior.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Fuck you.  If you don't know how you've responded to me for years then that's on you.  I'm not digging into this site's horrible search function to prove it to you, it wouldn't matter anyway.  You'd come up with some reason to justify your horrible behavior.

you are completely delusional. if i were the one with the terrible behavior then you'd have been pointing it out, complaining about it, calling me out, etc. but it hasn't happened, so you haven't.

stop making hollow accusations that have no substance. if you're going to be so adamant that you're right then literally any proof would be better then your childish, whiny posts. any day now. feel free.

13 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

hey asshole, why don't you put me on ignore. you are the one who seeks me out, not the other way around. in fact i'm pretty sure you already have me on ignore as i tried to pm you the other day and it wouldn't let me. stop fucking with me. i don't fuck with you. you go out of your way to fuck with me. that's 100% on you. just stop it. it's that simple.

I'm just a guy who likes Texas sports. Just like you. I don't "seek you out" or whatever you think.

I don't have you on ignore because your posts don't bother me. I enjoy them. I have no issue with you, so why would I put you on ignore?

I'm not trying to argue with you. I wish you well. I have no animosity towards you.

I am sorry my posts make you feel the way they do, but again that is on you, not me. They are your feelings, not mine.

You've insulted and cursed at me a ton in the past 6 months, and I have never returned in kind. These feelings are on you, a grown adult man.

That's all I have to say. I'm not going to stop posting on these forums because you are in your feelings about me. Again, that is abuser talk trying to control me. Just click on ignore.

Edited by MotownHorn
  • Fuck You 1

you never respond to anything i say in good faith. every response you make towards me is combative and shit-starting. you seek out confrontation and have zero desire to have any real discussions. sorry if i cuss more than you do or if o call you an asshole when you're being an asshole.you're twice as delusional as jj if you believe what you just typed. you live to be combative towards me. i wholeheartedly encourage you to prove me wrong.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:
3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

DO NOT SKIP THIS POST. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, READ THIS SHIT, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU. 

seriously, it's this. it's so simple. if i'm not fucking with you or starting shit with you, don't fuck with me. if i'm talking basketball then talk basketball right back. but if you know that i'm actually sick, and you know that pushing my buttons can get me to explode, then why do you do it? if you seriously hate it when a thread "gets derka'd" then why would you choose to exclusively be combative and insulting when posting towards me? it just makes no sense.

from the outside looking in you say, "jesus derka, nothing that motown said is that serious, take a chill pill." but you're not the board pariah. you're not a person who, no matter how much he's changed, and no matter how much he avoids starting shit with other people, can't seem to avoid the shit because it's coming at him from all directions, day after day after day. i can promise you that i followed you around being a combative asshole like motown does with me then you too would get really fucking sick of it.

and yes, i am sick. go ahead and thank god that you don't have what i have.and while you're at it, try and appreciate how much i've changed. i shouldn't have to avoid this place altogether for the sake of my mental health. again, if i were being combative and insulting and starting fights with people then yeah, this probably isn't the place for me. but i don't come here for that. i come here for the same reasons that most of you do. i'm here to talk hoops, and i keep it that way. as i keep saying, if you see me talking shit/starting shit then call me on it. if not, then don't bring that bullshit to my doorstep, and especially day after day after day after day, motown (and others).

finally, i am beyond sick and tired of the "if you run into assholes all day then you're the asshole" attitude of this board. you know who runs into assholes all day? kids who get bullied. they walk down the hall with their head down, they don't start trouble, they don't seek out the people who don't like them, they stay in their lane, but that's not enough. some Buzz-from-Home-Alone looking motherfucker always has to fuck with them, to spill their lunch tray, to trip them in the hallway, to talk shit to them when they're just minding their own business. and you can bet your ass that Buzz has a gang of combative, regarded snickering, juvenile assholes with him, just frothing at the mouth to see the show. but hey, according to you guys, the kid getting bullied is the asshole, right? right??

BOTTOM LINE: I am sick. it's a fact.  my quality of life is zero. i have serious physical and mental health issues. my time left on this earth is limited. i do not expect to even be alive two years from today. every single one of you knows this. so why fuck with me? if i start shit with you or talk shit to you, then i'm the asshole, and you should call me on it, every time. but if you go out of your way to fuck with me, to be combative, to be insulting, to exclusively engage some with ad hominem personal bullshit, which many if you do, then you are an asshole of epic proportions, with the brain of a 12 year old. stop convincing yourself that you aren't the problem. leave me the fuck alone if i'm not fucking with you, and watch how all of the "derka'd" threads magically disappear. seriously. stop going out of your way to fuck with me. keep it on topic. fucking hell. 

Shadow, this post is a good summary of how you engage with the forum. You seem authentic in your descriptions of the troubles you face and I’m sorry that you are unhappy in your personal life. I have apologized for targeting you for your criticism of Sam and I apologize again.

I admire your passion which clearly comes across. That is admirable. 

It is also a characteristic of yours to quickly turn a thread into yourself as the subject. It’s disingenuous for you to claim otherwise. 

You also tend to quickly escalate into hyperbole. A good example is your response above, when you claim that people are telling you to permanently stop posting here. Literally no one said that. We were concerned about your mental health and were trying to offer advice to take a break to help you. That’s an important distinction. 

You also claim that everyone knows that how serious your physical situation is. I’m really sorry to hear this but I literally had no idea your life is in jeopardy. I am guessing that lots of people don’t know this as well. Again, I am so sorry to hear this. 

If you only want to discuss hoops, which Is fine, clicking on a thread that is titled,  “Huge Piece of shit and woman abuser Chris Beard…” is going to be disappointing for you. As for me, I am here for laughs, hating on douchebags like Chris Beard, Jimbo, Tom Herman, etc, and I’m going to happily focus on the negative. 

You’re not the only person who has had run-ins w people here. It’s the nature of this place and part of the attraction. Hell, @jimmyjazz and I have had it and I am glad he is here to give me shit. We can exhibit an honest piece of ourselves here that we can’t do at our homes and jobs, and that’s what is so fun about this place.

Finally, neither you, or me, or ANYONE here can have it both ways. You can’t dish out shit and then inform everyone that they aren’t allowed to give you shit. It’s not the way the world works. I always love it when a celebrity who feasts on fame suddenly complains about negative reporting and comments when things go bad for them. They can’t make everyone only adhere to their narrative.That’s how life works. 

I am glad you are here and again, I’m sorry about your condition, and I hope you are with us for a long, long time. But try to have an appreciation for the points of views form different people here. You will enjoy much more if you can. 

Thanks and hang in there.

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Hook 'Em 7

as long as i'm not going out of my way to troll/flame/talk shit/start shit with people, yet countless folks are actively doing that towards me, there's nothing that anyone can tell me about the way i comport myself around here. and i find it hard to believe that anyone here can disagree with this incredibly simple premise.

53 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Not naming names but there’s def peeps who go after Derka just to rile him up. And he brings some on himself sometimes. Doesn’t mean that people should just be assholes to him. 

He 10000% brings it on himself. If anyone dares disagree with derka he loses his shit. Derkaing a thread didn't just become a slang term on the boards for no reason. He's a narcissist and apparently SilasCoade is another derka sock.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

All anyone is doing is saying sorry, we like you, we want you to be well

And this motherfucker is still throwing a pity party

I’m sorry but I’m PISSED that the dude is saying this insane shit about naming me in his suicide note. WTF is wrong with you?!? Who the hell says that shit?!? 

I like and respect Derka and want him to be well but that is just some amazingly fucked up bullshit 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Not naming names but there’s def peeps who go after Derka just to rile him up. And he brings some on himself sometimes. Doesn’t mean that people should just be assholes to him. 

IMG_5619.gif.adb3a959b466b7cc500714640195f9ae.gif

I like both SO( Derka) and Treaty Oak for what they bring to the board when they are on their game- which is usually hoops for Derka and Football- especially high school, for TO.

Dammit man, the shit slinging and engaging in the back-and-forth can be fun for a post or two, but  just fucking knock it off with the ongoing campaigns.

2 good posters, but the nagging is a fucking beating.  

Nice to see the same fucking discussion rehashed AGAIN. What are we on, decade 2 of this garbage?

it’s the internet.  If you can’t just let shit go OR not be a troll/instigating cunt at every turn then maybe you need to work on some things. Ftr this goes for both “sides” of this issue. 

Let It Go Disney GIF

• Hook 'Em 5

I’ve been trying to not engage here.  I wish Derka well now.   He was absolutely rage posting and tagging posters he was disagreeing with and then begging every one of their posts.  That’s being a fucking bully.   Notice a lot of posters have disengaged from the Texas basketball thread?  Fucking beating every time something bad happens, regardless of if it was on Rodney’s control all we got was “I told you so!  You know who knew Derka knew!! “

With the above being said I wish Derka well given his challenges.  Time for all parties to move on.  Derka if you need help please get it.  

• Hook 'Em 3

17 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

as i've stated ad nauseam, i am 100% factually not the one being "an utter shitbag" to any of you. it's literally the opposite of that. it's my repeated point. if you actually see me being "an utter shitbag" to any of you, then by all means, call me on it. but that's not what's happening. your entire assertion is bullshit

Dude I made a long post apologizing that I annoy you, saying supportive words to you, letting you know we all care about you and want you to be here, encouraging you to get help if you need it, etc.

Your first words back were "hey asshole..."

• Hook 'Em 2

I actually have a friend who killed himself two weekends ago. He apparently struggled with mental health and was at best mentally/emotionally abusive to his fiancé. At worst perhaps physically. I don't know the details.

She broke it off in January and was standing her ground. He killed himself on Mother’s Day, leaving a 10 year old daughter behind, because she wouldn’t get back with him. I'm sure she was named in his suicide note.

It is 1000% that guy's fault that he killed himself. It is 0% her fault.

"I'm going to kill myself unless you do _____" is abuser talk used to control people.

Derka, almost all of us like you, appreciate you, and want you to be well. But that is on YOU. YOU have to take action to change yourself and better yourself.

If you need financial help to receive mental help, we'll start a GoFundMe and give the money to a 3rd party who can help make sure it benefits you.  I'll contribute 4 figures.

No one wants you to hurt yourself. No one wants you to be miserable. We all want you to be happy and here with us sharing your basketball knowledge, even if we sometimes disagree with your perspective. Please take care of yourself.

That's all I have to say. I will try not to engage, but I am not the source of your issues. YOU are the source of your issues and it's incumbent on YOU to take action to get better.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

I just don’t want the guy to kill himself

Other than that I don’t give a fuck

Its very weird to have a total stranger say he’s gonna name you in his suicide note over Interwebs banter 

Ok I’ll make sure to introduce myself before ever doing that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just be kind to each other, you fucks. We're all adults, we can argue and bitch at each other without taking it too far. Derka you're sometimes at fault too and you might be annoying sometimes, but who isn't at times if we're being honest? You should all be thankful to have fans that bleed that hard for your school even if they sometimes go off the rails a little bit.

Just chill and try to find common ground instead of needling at the worst aspects of each other as if that's going to solve anything.

• Hook 'Em 4

I think this has gone way overboard, but just to confirm:

WE need to be better, despite no one, not even Derka, knowing what’s going in our lives or our mental health, and yet we do not rage vomit our mental health issues all over this board and threaten suicide and tag people to attack them for having different opinions. 

But it’s us who is the problem? 

I hope Derka gets the help he needs. we need that kind of passionate fan for our program. But not at the expense of forcing us to treat him with kid gloves while he beats us with brass knuckles repeatedly in the face  

Get better, Derka. It’s a long time until basketball season starts again and we’ll need you in November to March. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1