Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Not a UConn fan. But their historical tourney dominance is pretty absurd. You could pick them to win it all everytime they make it and you’d be right more often than not. By a decent margin. 

Youre Wrong John C Mcginley GIF

what the fuck are you talking about? over the last 100 years they have made the tournament 37 times. they have won 5 of those. you would be right 13% of the time and wrong 86% of the time.

let's back it up to when Calhoun got there in 86. you would be right 21% of the time and wrong 79% of the time about them winning the whole thing. you would be wrong by a fucking huge margin. they have won 5x in 23 tries since he got there.

maybe you meant only while Calhoun was there (he left like a decade ago) - you wold be right...16% of the time and wrong 83% of the time. that's a huge margin.

even since Calhoun left they have missed the tournament more than they made it. Ollie won, cheated, got fired, got a 3 year show cause ban and is coaching for the overtime elite. he missed the tournament 4x in 6 years. he made it out of the 2nd weekend one time. going into this year Hurley had missed the tournament (2) as many times as he made it (2.) since Calhoun left they have won 2 of 5 tournaments. you would still be wrong 60% of the time, and right 40% of the time. so you would be wrong "by a decent margin"

38 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Ok. I wouldn’t have to reply to him.

also, nothing like he described ever happened here, and his allegation that i'm constantly shit posting here is completely baseless. so many accusations, zero cited examples of said behavior.

the next time that any of these people owns up to their part in this will be the first. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

also, nothing like he described ever happened here, and his allegation that i'm constantly shit posting here is completely baseless. so many accusations, zero cited examples of said behavior.

the next time that any of these people owns up to their part in this will be the first. 

How about you? Do you play any part in this? Would you like to apologize for your abusive and combative behavior?

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

How about you? Do you play any part in this? Would you like to apologize for your abusive and combative behavior?

Nah, he is never at fault for anything, nor is he ever wrong. Just like when he insinuated Ehlinger was a borderline retard during his freshmen season and would never be a good QB.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

I've seen this before as well. It's not that bad, it's a character flaw most people I've known possess to some degree. It's certainly a thing I've done before. It's not that big of a deal.

Just be charitable in your interpretations of what others post. Doesn't mean we can't still be the Surly dickheads we are.

Derka is flawed just like all of us, and despite that he's not nearly as bad as a myriad of aggro freaks like that Loop guy that have passed through this place. He's just passionate, and on top of that, has difficulty with certain social interactions due to his mental health condition.

Trying to make him apologize for being who he is doesn't really move anything forward. Poking the bear doesn't help either.

It doesn't fucking mean you have to coddle him, it just means that going straight for the mental health sore spots if he pops off on you or argues passionately or whatever is probably not the direction you should go.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MotownHorn said:

And then proceeding to actually personally insult the other person 

I think we’re all guilty of that.    

One thing that got me was “hey let’s give Rodney a chance” suddenly became “he’s better than Beard” to that crowd.   Not just Derka but that crowd.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, NoName said:

over the last 100 years they have made the tournament 37 times. they have won 5 of those. you would be right 13% of the time and wrong 86% of the time.

That's actually a pretty good clip for @Helobious.

And fuck all of you messing with derka. Leave him alone and he'll leave you alone.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

It's going to be interesting how long Beard is at Ole Miss because they're likely going to be pretty good next year. 

Murrell is a potential all-SEC player, Cisse is one of the best interior defensive bigs in the country, Flannigan was a pretty good player at Auburn last year, Brandon Murray has talent/potential, and Sharp can play. They are legit inside defensively and they have some guards that can score. 

i don't think there's any question they're a tournament team. Kentucky in play if it isn't somebody like Donovan? 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

13 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

slx has been calling beard to kentucky for a while now, and that would not surprise me at all.

I also wonder about Kansas with Self. He's 60 and recently had a heart surgery. Michigan is likely going to be open too but it's obviously not on the level of Kansas or Kentucky. 

I know it's a wild guess but it sure looks like Kansas might be going all in on a roster for Self's last season. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

4 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I also wonder about Kansas with Self. He's 60 and recently had a heart surgery. Michigan is likely going to be open too but it's obviously not on the level of Kansas or Kentucky. 

I know it's a wild guess but it sure looks like Kansas might be going all in on a roster for Self's last season. 

Perhaps I am being naive, but I do not see Michigan hiring Beard for the same reasons we could not possibly keep him here.  Kentucky?  Sure.  Kansas?  Probably, but I think they would exhaust all other options first. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

no clue what's going to happen with Kansas but they have had 4 coaches in the last ~60 years (Ted Owens 64-83, Larry Brown 83-88, Roy Williams 88-03, Self 03-present) - last 3 were hired in the 38-43 year old range and Beard is already 50. not sure they are looking for someone that volatile either...

22 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

Perhaps I am being naive, but I do not see Michigan hiring Beard for the same reasons we could not possibly keep him here.  Kentucky?  Sure.  Kansas?  Probably, but I think they would exhaust all other options first. 

The mighty men of Michigan would never hire Beard. Not a chance. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/23/2023 at 12:56 AM, perfectchaos007 said:

Ole Miss is 5-0 by the skin of their teeth, but they haven't played any team with a pulse yet. They will come crashing down in time.

I wouldn't count on it if they get Cisse and Brandon Murray back. 

They've been winning games without arguably their top 2 players. It looks like Cisse is at least close to returning. 

Ole Miss is running a decent NC State team off the court (without their top 2 players). 

It's unfortunate Beard is such a piece of shit human being because it's fairly undeniable the guy can coach his ass off. This will potentially be a 2nd weekend-caliber team if they get Cisse and Murray back. Granted, that still seems like a question if they get both those guys back. 

The only real question with Beard is which big school is going to hire him next with all his baggage. Some school will.