Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

Just now, Js1 said:

WE need to be better, despite no one, not even Derka, not knowing what’s going in our lives or our mental health, and we do not rage vomit our mental health issues all over this board and threaten suicide and tag people to attack them for having different opinions. 

But it’s us who is the problem? 

I hope Derka gets the help he needs. we need that kind of passionate fan for our program. But not at the expense of forcing us to treat him with kid gloves while he beats us with brass knuckles repeatedly in the face  

but yeah you're the problem. how hard is it to go "well that's just derka?" who in the fuck is in control of your kindness? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And in the final analysis, who really gives a shit about basketball anyways am I right?

image.gif.cfdde2e473e21d50c70ff80e82682282.gif

image.gif.57eb1539b10dcc7523361bf2b7ff396f.gif

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

but yeah you're the problem. how hard is it to go "well that's just derka?" who in the fuck is in control of your kindness? 

Lol is this a joke? fuck you too

”oh there’s goes Derka, being abusive to everyone who disagrees with him but you know, that’s fine”

Enabling isn’t going to help him. You’re encouraging this shit because you’re excusing him. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 8

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

”oh there’s goes Derka, being abusive to everyone who disagrees with him but you know, that’s fine”

Enabling isn’t going to help him. You’re encouraging this shit because you’re excusing him. 

nah i just understand a bit of context. and I've really have been trying to be kind. what do you get out this? does it make you feel better to give him shit?

37 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Just ignore him then. How hard is that? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

As a recovered Derka-shitgiver, i realized yeah, i was the fuckin asshole and i shouldn't be picking at other peoples scabs. If you are like I was, stop being a fuckin asshole and move on with your life.

Yeah Derka has been very kind to everyone.  We just like to pick on people with mental issues.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Sure he could. That doesn’t change anything about the discussion. 

“no it’s not my fault it’s his fault”. 

Would you not agree that he, for the most part, is the aggressor?  Negging people, calling them assholes, tagging them in posts?  I've already said my peace.  I hope things work out for him and he brings value.  But he needs to dial it down a few notches.  And it's not just the basketball threads that he burns down, though those are some of his best work.  For the most part, things are pretty civil, until he escalates things.  

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Sure he could dial it back. People could also not go out of their way to be an asshole to him. There’s posts in this thread laughing at a dude talking about suicide. What’s the good in that? 

There's been 1 guy who laughed.  Everyone else has basically posted "you've been an asshole to me but I wish you well.  Don't take the internet so seriously."  You're enabling the guy for some reason.  I hope he gets help but he's been an asshole to quite a few people.  They get to dish back if they see fit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

A few weeks ago, a somewhat regular poster on another forum inquired (in asshole fashion) about my recovery issues (from a DT forum), my marital relationship (from a divorce thread), and then some points about his tough-guy gun collection.  In two posts bookcased around a post of mine.  And I didn't report it because he's obviously sick.  You don't talk about somebody's mental state, their marriage, and then brag about your guns all under some half-assed "I'm concerned about you, but really this is a veiled thread, wink-wink.".  Even on Surly, that's a bridge too far.  

Point is, if I can deal with assholes like that, we can give Derka a wider berth.  In the end, it's just basketball and in the end we need to try to help our community IRL.  

• Hook 'Em 2

There are times derka makes a post and certain posters respond then claim derka attacked them afterwards. But derka does go on long posts. Another thing is posters taking a post and applying a tone to it when you have no idea if he’s just responding or what. You can’t call a post a tirade or say he’s yelling and acting crazy when you can’t hear tones in a post. Either way if you don’t like a poster just put them on ignore. I like derka and his posts make me laugh and basketball wise he knows what he’s talkkkg about. I find posters that self appoint themselves as the “best posters” on the forum more annoying than derka. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

I think this has gone way overboard, but just to confirm:

WE need to be better, despite no one, not even Derka, knowing what’s going in our lives or our mental health, and yet we do not rage vomit our mental health issues all over this board and threaten suicide and tag people to attack them for having different opinions. 

But it’s us who is the problem? 

I hope Derka gets the help he needs. we need that kind of passionate fan for our program. But not at the expense of forcing us to treat him with kid gloves while he beats us with brass knuckles repeatedly in the face  

Get better, Derka. It’s a long time until basketball season starts again and we’ll need you in November to March. 

as i've repeated, if you see me doing the things you describe then call me on it and give me the proper treatment/punishment. however the things you describe are fantasy. asking people to not seek me out en masse with over the top personal insults and crazy shit talk is not asking you to treat me with kiddie gloves, it's asking for the most basic fundamental level of human decency. YOU called me a fat piece of shit who needed to go jerk off his microdick over a basketball opinion that i gave. that was YOU, not me. and yet you completely delude yourself into somehow believing that it's not you, it's me. like hayden just told you- look in the mirror. YOU are behaving the ways you allege that i behave. it's just shocking how many of you share this same delusion. wake up.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Would you not agree that he, for the most part, is the aggressor?  

this is the fantasy that you all sell yourselves. i am not someone who provokes others, i am someone who *reacts* poorly when i've reached my limit. do you know many people in this forum have been banned recently for being insanely insulting and cruel towards me, totally unprovoked? how many of y'all's wildly insulting posts have been deleted from these threads? go ask BL how many. now then, have i been banned? have i been warned? have my posts been deleted? is hayden horn in here telling ME to chill out? no. he's doing that to you and people like you.

you guys attack me, you guys get banned, you guys get your posts deleted, you guys get the mods in here telling you stop being such assholes, and then you guys respond with, "it's all derka, we aren't doing anything wrong." again, look in the mirror. grow up and own your own shit. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

You guys all sound like losers.

Also, I don’t even follow college basketball and I was the only one who very publicly nailed the UCONN title prediction before the tourney even started. So you’re not as smart as you think you are either and your opinions are meaningless. Try not taking this so serious. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

this is the fantasy that you all sell yourselves. i am not someone who provokes others, i am someone who *reacts* poorly when i've reached my limit. do you know many people in this forum have been banned recently for being insanely insulting and cruel towards me, totally unprovoked? how many of y'all's wildly insulting posts have been deleted from these threads? go ask BL how many. now then, have i been banned? have i been warned? have my posts been deleted? is hayden horn in here telling ME to chill out? no. he's doing that to you and people like you.

you guys attack me, you guys get banned, you guys get your posts deleted, you guys get the mods in here telling you stop being such assholes, and then you guys respond with, "it's all derka, we aren't doing anything wrong." again, look in the mirror. grow up and own your own shit. 

Tell me you weren't actively looking for my posts to neg?  You even proclaimed it.  Did I neg you back?  No.  Calling me an asshole.  Did I call you that?  And that doesn't even count your hyperbole the moment someone leaves or decommits.  

I've intentionally avoided you and your posts because you're such a beating.  

Stop with the name calling, stop with the negging.  

I haven't been banned, I haven't been warned, other than "derka has a screw loose, just don't engage."  Still here.  

Own your own shit before lashing out at others.  You essentially killed the basketball threads because we're all sick of engaging with you.  

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Also, I don’t even follow college basketball and I was the only one who very publicly nailed the UCONN title prediction before the tourney even started. So you’re not as smart as you think you are either and your opinions are meaningless. Try not taking this so serious. 

Don't you live with your mom in the Valley still? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Ding ding ding

This dude is a grown man. I should be able to post a mild joke in his direction without suicide being threatened. Fuck that shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

asking people to not seek me out en masse with over the top personal insults and crazy shit talk is not asking you to treat me with kiddie gloves, it's asking for the most basic fundamental level of human decency. 

Show me one time in the past year that I've posted an over the top personal insult or crazy shit talk to you.

Because if I cared to I could find like 50 from you towards me. All of which I've ignored.

Yet a little mild joke pointing out that you said no one was defending Beard at length and then you defended Beard at length causes a suicide threat.

Nah man. Fuck that. I let you call me names, insult me, curse at me, etc. and I never respond in kind. Despite that you're naming me in suicide threats to win an Internet argument in your head.

You're a grown man. Act like one already. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Helobious said:

D17ACD68-FFE2-424D-94BC-415491F383C7.jpeg.511350f056c60caaa61e16e21cc75247.jpeg

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

She has a couple of gardeners wasn’t aware that one of them moved in.  Welcome!!

Negged for being racist and offensive. Pos’d because it was actually pretty damn funny. So you get the balance of zero rep points.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

Despite your overwhelming geographic disconnect from the region, you pull for the Yankees and UCONN to win, two of the most storied teams in their respective sports.  You are so goddamn brave.  ;)  

Not a UConn fan. But their historical tourney dominance is pretty absurd. You could pick them to win it all everytime they make it and you’d be right more often than not. By a decent margin. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Not a UConn fan. But their historical tourney dominance is pretty absurd. You could pick them to win it all everytime they make it and you’d be right more often than not. By a decent margin. 

NCAA tournament results

The Huskies have appeared in the NCAA tournament 36 times. Their combined record is 65–32. They have been to six Final Fours and are five time National Champions (1999, 2004, 2011, 2014, 2023).

5 out of 36.  Yep.  Nailed it. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

What do you mean?  We've been assured that he won't and is already failing. 

Yes.  Can’t speak well. Not sure if he can organize a roster.  But it’s still early Imo 

7 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I thought calling UConn to win it all was a good call, my dumbass had them losing to Iona in 1st rd. 

I mean they lost to Marquette 

24 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I thought calling UConn to win it all was a good call, my dumbass had them losing to Iona in 1st rd. 

I thought I had them losing to 'Rona, turns out I misspelled Iona.  And they were all vaccinated.  

I don't know which was more surprising, TBH, UCONN winning it all given their path or us making the Elite 8 and just barely missing the Final four given some shitty calls and questionable chokes.  

Serious question-for graduate transfers...is there a later date they can move teams considering a handful of schools haven't even had their graduations yet or do they adhere to the same calendar deadlines as the rest of the transfer portal?  Mitchel has 34 hours left to finalize things.  And I guess our roster is set this time Thursday?  

5 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

seriously all of you take a step back and look into the fucking mirror. 

we are all dealing with shit, major and minor and in between. 

it's fucking obvious and has been for years that derka is dealing with shit. why do yall go out of your way to be dicks to someone that YOU KNOW has issues? what the fuck do you get out of it? act like adults. yall control your own reactions to derka. he's a known quantity for most of yall but he's our fucking surly family. and we got to take care of our own you fucking degenerates. be better please. 

thanks. 

This needs to be addressed by a single poster with a long history of purposely shit posting.

3 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Sure he could dial it back. People could also not go out of their way to be an asshole to him. There’s posts in this thread laughing at a dude talking about suicide. What’s the good in that? 

If you literally posted, I think Terry deserves at least a week to figure the portal out, Derka would go on multiple posts rants about how Terry was a shitty coach with no ability to recruit. A week later Texas signed Shedrick, Abmas, Weaver, and Onyemi.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, idigTexas said:
NCAA tournament results

The Huskies have appeared in the NCAA tournament 36 times. Their combined record is 65–32. They have been to six Final Fours and are five time National Champions (1999, 2004, 2011, 2014, 2023).

5 out of 36.  Yep.  Nailed it. 

Your math is off.

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

If you literally posted, I think Terry deserves at least a week to figure the portal out, Derka would go on multiple posts rants about how Terry was a shitty coach with no ability to recruit. A week later Texas signed Shedrick, Abmas, Weaver, and Onyemi.

Ok. I wouldn’t have to reply to him.