Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It's unfortunate Beard is such a piece of shit human being because it's fairly undeniable the guy can coach his ass off.

yep. his idiotic decisions which led to his firing are among my 2-3 most gut wrenching moments of my life, as far as investing myself in sports teams goes. i truly felt that beard had everything here to make Texas a perennial college basketball power, a new age blue blood if you will. i still believe he’s a top 5-8 coach in the country, certainly top 5 if you exclude all of the old guys who are on their last gig. we lost literal decades of success when we lost beard, imo anyway. as big a scumbag as he may be, i want to see Texas win it all, and in this sport the scumbags are the ones shot win most of the titles.

oh well. dipshit is gone now, and starting next year is the enemy. Team Terry all day. 🤘🏼 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 8

Agree 100%. It was possibly my all-time low as a sports fan... and on my birthday no less.  Right up there with Chris Simms turning the ball over 100 times in the 2001 Big 12 Championship.  And ACU beating us in the tourney.  And Michael Crabtree's catch.  But I think it trumps them all because we were so set up for long-term success. 

I have no doubt Beard would have won us a title eventually.  I dare say FOR US, he was the top coach in the country given his age and fact he is an alumni. We could also use a shameless promoter like Beard (and he is the absolute best at that). There is literally no coach I would have rather had than him.  And for Beard, there is nowhere else where he could win like he could at Texas WHILE living the life that he wants to live.  He may eventually find his way to Kentucky or UNC - but his total life situation there will not be as good as it could have been here.  

I like Terry and still think we are set up for success.  I think we could have a period of success comparable to Barnes best years where we make a string of Sweet 16/Elite 8 and maybe occasionally better.  But his ceiling is lower than Beard.  Then again, I suppose his floor is higher than Beard, who is one more F-up away from being out of basketball.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, HookEm said:

Agree 100%. It was possibly my all-time low as a sports fan... and on my birthday no less.  

Oh damn, it was 2 days before my birthday, so I feel that.  Add in the 2009 CWS finals game 1 loss to LSU for all-time lows.  

It's a shame, this dude was our ticket to a title. I think Terry will do well but with Rodney our defense won't improve throughout the season enough to get it done consistently all the way through the championship game. I didn't like the talk about Terry giving them more green lights to shoot what they want during the first game broadcast. Unless he can put together just a dynamic roster that out talents everyone it'll be tough for us to make the run through the gauntlet without a bad offensive night doing us in. 

Beard may be a jackass and definitely has a taste for crazy women but the dude knows how to get teams to defend like crazy. Fucktard from Virginia proved you can have the ugliest shit offense in CBB but if you defend at an elite level you can plod your way to a title. 

26 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

Paying with cash? Is that leftover strip club money? 

IDK.  It's the receipt from CDC and Chokeboy hitting the McD's in Plainview before their interlude at Comfort Suites.

5 hours ago, HookEm said:

Agree 100%. It was possibly my all-time low as a sports fan... and on my birthday no less.  Right up there with Chris Simms turning the ball over 100 times in the 2001 Big 12 Championship.  And ACU beating us in the tourney.  And Michael Crabtree's catch.  But I think it trumps them all because we were so set up for long-term success. 

The Oilers-Bills collapse-comeback still occupies the top spot for me but I like your list.

Sports and Hollywood are stupid that in both, if someone commits a certain level of non-jailable crime, or says or does something not acceptable under current PC standards, there is an expectation that they must be fired (in addition to any criminal or civil punishment they face). In most cases though, the person can jump right back in after feigning a remorseful apology and have success with a new team/employer. Really, the entity that suffers most is the former employer that was forced to fire the dirt bag talent when society/media has little issue with them immediately resuming their employment elsewhere. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Memphis is the only team Ole Miss has played so far who will even sniff the tournament. 1 point win against Detroit Mercy, 3 point win against Sam Houston State, 1 point win against Temple, 2 point win against UCF, 9 point win against Mount St. Mary's, 10 point win against Alabama State.

Their luck rating on KenPom is 28th.

6 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Memphis is the only team Ole Miss has played so far who will even sniff the tournament. 1 point win against Detroit Mercy, 3 point win against Sam Houston State, 1 point win against Temple, 2 point win against UCF, 9 point win against Mount St. Mary's, 10 point win against Alabama State.

Their luck rating on KenPom is 28th.

SEC play might wipe them out. Beard is playing a typical shitty Beard schedule to run up wins.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

One win over a questionably good (though ranked) Memphis team and several very close calls against very bad teams.

because of their shitty conference that memphis win is going to look pretty good at the end of the year, but yeah, that’s likely going to be one of their best 3-4 wins in the season, and memphis really ain’t all that great. still, he’s off to a good start. i’ll set the o/u at 18 months before he’s at uk or louisville or some other similarly unscrupulous, basketball worshipping school.

….where he’ll probably go to a gaggle of final fours with a title or two sprinkled in. 😡 😡😡

Edited by shadow_operative