Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

8 hours ago, justhookit said:

Man I am as hurt and maybe more hurt over this situation as you are. We had everything going right and for the first time in years I enjoyed watching the games. 

yesterday was a gut punch followed by a swift kick in the balls. 52 years of life and there has never been anything even remotely comparable to what just happened.

sounds like you've had a really event-free life

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

There's only one way I can see Beard returning at this point: He told the cops he had audio recordings that showed he wasn't the primary aggressor. If he really does have recordings that make it extremely clear/obvious he isn't to blame, then he may survive.

I doubt it will happen. Kind of interesting that he declined sharing those with the cops (although that may just be a lawyer recommendation).

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

it's a tough reading the details of what allegedly happened in print.. What's going to be the reaction when the photos are leaked? This woman seems the scorch the earth type.. If Chris doesn't set a wedding day, I can see her saying fuck you, I'm going all in painting you as the devil.

It’s extremely unlikely to happen, but any scenario where Beard stays involved his fiancée being on his side, signing an affidavit of non-prosecution and posting a statement saying it was all her fault. So yeah, if she wants to go scorched earth, he’s absolutely done. The only way he keeps his job is by staying with her, which is a huge problem. There’s no way the decision makers will be comfortable sticking their neck out for Beard if she’s still with him. She’s caused trouble on her own in the past and they clearly have a toxic relationship. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This is already a non story outside the Austin centric bubble of this website. The University can't make a decision yet because what happens when the charges get dropped, become a class 3 misdemeanor, or she recants or becomes uncooperative. You give the drunk football coach a second chance that by the grace of god didn't dui on top of a kid on his tricycle, but no second chances for what may have been a slap fight between two people that bring the worst out of each other.

Nobody knows shit yet. At least Nobody on this site. I'm glad actual adults are making the final decision.

His contract says he can be dismissed for cause if he is CHARGED of a felony. This has in fact happened.

Not much going on in this thread today, now seems like an appropriate time to share an anecdote I have involving Chris Beard.

Cinco de Mayo 2021 - Myself and a group of friends are drinking at a bar called Dirty Bills on West 6th. It's a popular dive bar known for, amongst other things, being the only bar in Austin that serves MD 20/20. A truly abominable drink, but a tradition to share amongst friends, especially on an occasion like Cinco de Mayo. We are perched at the back of the bar at probably 7:30 PM - it's not very crowded. In walks Chris Beard with a large posse of his coaching staff - Terry, Ogden, Jerrance Howard all there. A handful of us are UT alum/basketball fans and are rightfully excited to see our new coach at Dirty Bills of all places. We also have a cute girl with us that went to Tech. I go over to Beard and his staff to say a few pleasantries, just the typical congrats on the new job and we're excited to have you type of thing. Beard couldn't muster more than a grunt in response. I think Howard said thanks and sort of ushered me away. Another one of my buddies tries to engage and receives the same treatment. I get it, he's a high profile guy and doesn't want to be bothered by bozos at the bar. So we come up with the bright idea to have the Tech girl deliver him a neon orange MD 20/20 just to see what he does with it. She goes over to their group and is met with excitement. They take the bottle and start passing out shots to all of the coaches. They slug the thing down in like 5 minutes with Beard and our friend from Tech chatting it up the whole time. Eventually she comes back and starts gossiping. Beard indicated to her that he was single and is looking to meet people in Austin, he asked if she wanted tickets behind the Texas bench for games, basically used every trick he could to impress her. Before Beard & Co leave an assistant comes over our group and gets her number so Beard can continue texting with her about tickets. I believe they did text for a few days, but ultimately never led to anything. 

We thought it was awesome that Beard would show up and drink at MD20/20 at Dirty Bills, and for a minute thought we might have access to prime seats. It never crossed my mind to think he had a BSC redheaded girlfriend of four years that would ultimately lead to his downfall. I was kinda hoping my friend would start banging him. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

This is already a non story outside the Austin centric bubble of this website. The University can't make a decision yet because what happens when the charges get dropped, become a class 3 misdemeanor, or she recants or becomes uncooperative. You give the drunk football coach a second chance that by the grace of god didn't dui on top of a kid on his tricycle, but no second chances for what may have been a slap fight between two people that bring the worst out of each other.

Nobody knows shit yet. At least Nobody on this site. I'm glad actual adults are making the final decision.

Exactly.  None of us know shit, but what’s the fun in that?  Instead we share stories, speculation and generally form an online mob.  That’s what this website is for.  Bad shenanigans.   Really bad shenanigans.  

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

No one ever said those things would be true, but don’t let that keep you from white knighting against strawmen to make yourself feel better. 

You proposed a theory where Beard could stay and a key part of that was the fiancee accepting full blame. This would be meaningless to the University of Texas. It isn't about what actually happened in this case. It should be, but it isn't. Too many legitimate victims take the blame to stay on the gravy train. Everyone seems to know this except for you. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, CheesePie said:

Not much going on in this thread today, now seems like an appropriate time to share an anecdote I have involving Chris Beard.

Cinco de Mayo 2021 - Myself and a group of friends are drinking at a bar called Dirty Bills on West 6th. It's a popular dive bar known for, amongst other things, being the only bar in Austin that serves MD 20/20. A truly abominable drink, but a tradition to share amongst friends, especially on an occasion like Cinco de Mayo. We are perched at the back of the bar at probably 7:30 PM - it's not very crowded. In walks Chris Beard with a large posse of his coaching staff - Terry, Ogden, Jerrance Howard all there. A handful of us are UT alum/basketball fans and are rightfully excited to see our new coach at Dirty Bills of all places. We also have a cute girl with us that went to Tech. I go over to Beard and his staff to say a few pleasantries, just the typical congrats on the new job and we're excited to have you type of thing. Beard couldn't muster more than a grunt in response. I think Howard said thanks and sort of ushered me away. Another one of my buddies tries to engage and receives the same treatment. I get it, he's a high profile guy and doesn't want to be bothered by bozos at the bar. So we come up with the bright idea to have the Tech girl deliver him a neon orange MD 20/20 just to see what he does with it. She goes over to their group and is met with excitement. They take the bottle and start passing out shots to all of the coaches. They slug the thing down in like 5 minutes with Beard and our friend from Tech chatting it up the whole time. Eventually she comes back and starts gossiping. Beard indicated to her that he was single and is looking to meet people in Austin, he asked if she wanted tickets behind the Texas bench for games, basically used every trick he could to impress her. Before Beard & Co leave an assistant comes over our group and gets her number so Beard can continue texting with her about tickets. I believe they did text for a few days, but ultimately never led to anything. 

We thought it was awesome that Beard would show up and drink at MD20/20 at Dirty Bills, and for a minute thought we might have access to prime seats. It never crossed my mind to think he had a BSC redheaded girlfriend of four years that would ultimately lead to his downfall. I was kinda hoping my friend would start banging him. 

pics of friend?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

While we wait, I'll ask the question.  Do you think the University moves faster if this is Shaka in his last year where program trajectory is completely opposite that it is now.  I'd like to think it would be treated the same, but the reality is I think it's a much easier decision to toss a losing coach on his ass.

Not sure the process or speed would be much different. But the mood certainly would be. That would've meant we were gifted with a buyout-free way to show him the door. We still would've taken the time to make sure to cross all our Is and dot our Ts on the grounds of termination for cause.

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

You are not even close, but that’s not really a surprise coming from you.

any scenario where Beard stays involved his fiancée being on his side, signing an affidavit of non-prosecution and posting a statement saying it was all her fault

1 hour ago, CycleTex87 said:

Talking about the "pace", Beard could be on unpaid suspension indefinitely.  Is there any possibility at all here that there are mitigating circumstances, APD over-reacted, Beard's lawyer gets the charge reduced to a misdemeanor, Beard is suspended for this season without pay, does some community service and rehab or whatever, then gets reinstated for next season?  or nah?  Seems like a final decision from the University would have to be made before the end of the year at the latest, just from a pragmatic point of view for staff, players, coaches for next season.

Technically? Sure, I guess so. But unless we knew for a fact that a) he was going to be legally cleared, and b) we were definitely going to bring him back once that happened, then it makes no sense. For one, we wouldn't be able to hire anybody worth a shit when it's obvious that it's only a temporary gig. And second, let's just say we kept him around a long time in that status and somehow hired a coach that turns out to be amazing. Then what if all the charges got dropped? You fire Beard at that point, we're probably paying his full buyout. The "for cause" argument would be super flimsy by then. 

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

This would be a better point if literally anyone had said that.

Burt M said "any scenario where Beard stays involved his fiancée being on his side, signing an affidavit of non-prosecution and posting a statement saying it was all her fault"

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

Burt M said "any scenario where Beard stays involved his fiancée being on his side, signing an affidavit of non-prosecution and posting a statement saying it was all her fault"

That wouldn't mean the allegations were false. It wouldn't mean the "first reaction" of anyone is that the allegations were false. It would just mean that the only scenarios where he stays includes a full recant on her part. That is to say a recant is a necessary, but not sufficient, occurrence in order for him to remain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaysOff said:

Yeah, he was gone Monday morning. The delay is determination of execution method. Great fucking post here pal. 

13 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

This isn't saying that the allegations are false.

Look, that lady's Tweet is pretty simple like-baiting, retweet-baiting, etc.  She doesn't know jack or shit about the specifics of this situation, but she's judging people for acting like they know jack or shit about the specifics of this situation.  Yawntastic.

1 hour ago, DaysOff said:

Are you kidding? It's still on the front page of many sports site.

And regardless of action (keep him or fire him) it will be a major story when that shoe drops.

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

This isn't saying that the allegations are false.

Look, that lady's Tweet is pretty simple like-baiting, retweet-baiting, etc.  She doesn't know jack or shit about the specifics of this situation, but she's judging people for acting like they know jack or shit about the specifics of this situation.  Yawntastic.

Yeah she's being judgy but I can tell you from personal and professional experience that she's right. I saw many, many victims recant their allegations that were clearly true, some even truly believed they were at fault.

We even saw this in my own family. My cousin and her ex-husband repeatedly got in physical altercations where she would call the cops or go to her mother, and then refuse to press charges, even when she was sporting cuts and black eyes. The guy was friends with all the local cops so nothing ever went past that point. They even got divorced but she would have to go over there to bring him his son/pick him up.

The pattern kept repeating until he stabbed her to death in his house 6 years ago last week.

Knowing what I know, and who Randi is, it wouldn't surprise me if there was at least some level of mutual physical abuse in this case, but that does not absolve Beard in any way. 

• Rage+1 1

48 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

You proposed a theory where Beard could stay and a key part of that was the fiancee accepting full blame. This would be meaningless to the University of Texas. It isn't about what actually happened in this case. It should be, but it isn't. Too many legitimate victims take the blame to stay on the gravy train. Everyone seems to know this except for you. 

They why haven’t they fired him?

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Yeah she's being judgy but I can tell you from personal and professional experience that she's right. I saw many, many victims recant their allegations that were clearly true, some even truly believed they were at fault.

We even saw this in my own family. My cousin and her ex-husband repeatedly got in physical altercations where she would call the cops or go to her mother, and then refuse to press charges, even when she was sporting cuts and black eyes. The guy was friends with all the local cops so nothing ever went past that point. They even got divorced but she would have to go over there to bring him his son/pick him up.

The pattern kept repeating until he stabbed her to death in his house 6 years ago last week.

Knowing what I know, and who Randi is, it wouldn't surprise me if there was at least some level of mutual physical abuse in this case, but that does not absolve Beard in any way. 

It doesn’t absolve him, and it doesn’t keep him from being fired, but I can almost guarantee you this is what happened.   She went into the guest bedroom and started ranting.  Got pissed off and grabbed his reading glasses and broke them, resulting in the “injury” to her finger, then jumped him which resulted in him dragging her, in a headlock, off the bed.  Then he left the premises and she was mad and called the cops.   

• Like 1

Just now, Judge Roybeanbag said:

It doesn’t absolve him, and it doesn’t keep him from being fired, but I can almost guarantee you this is what happened.   She went into the guest bedroom and started ranting.  Got pissed off and grabbed his reading glasses and broke them, resulting in the “injury” to her finger, then jumped him which resulted in him dragging her, in a headlock, off the bed.  Then he left the premises and she was mad and called the cops.   

We cracked the case, guys

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

They why haven’t they fired him?

Trying to negotiate as clean an exit as possible.  Quoting Michael Clayton, 'the smaller the mess, the easier it is to clean up.'

The University could just can him immediately, no severance, which would almost surely trigger a lawsuit.  There might be a middle ground to prevent a lawsuit while still terminating him.

Edited by shakahorn

Just now, shakahorn said:

Trying to negotiate as clean an exit as possible.  Quoting Michael Clayton, 'the smaller the mess, the easier it is to clean up.'

There is no reason for the University to do that.  He is in breach by the plain language of his contract by being charged with a felony. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

It's been years since I represented anyone on assault/family violence in Travis County, and even longer since I had a restricting breathing felony case, but when I did this kind of work, I could present the assistant D.A. handling the case with an affidavit of non-prosecution, which is generally a "I overstated the severity of the event, I don't want the defendant prosecuted, he's really a swell guy" affidavit from the alleged victim, and I would be told that the policy of the D.A.'s office was to move the case to trial and if the victim refused to cooperate and testify against the defendant, then, and only then, would the case be dismissed. This was more than 5 years ago, but I doubt any D.A. is going to risk losing an election because the defendant goes back and chokes the shit out of the victim after the case is summarily dismissed. It would likely take months if not a year for the case to get to trial. I don't think there is any way you will ever see Chris Beard coach the Longhorns ever again. I don't see the university waiting for a year when the outcome could be really embarrasing.

I'm sure there are some lawyers on the board who actively doing criminal defense in Travis and if things are different, please correct me.

The nut job DA we have now was elected on the false narrative that the prior DA was soft on DV cases. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I don't know. I am very disappointed that he hasn't already been fired. 

Patience. All in due time.

The important thing was to take action immediately and we did. We got ahead of the story.

Now is the time to slow down, collect the information and do your due diligence. Bellmont will handle it the right way.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

It's been years since I represented anyone on assault/family violence in Travis County, and even longer since I had a restricting breathing felony case, but when I did this kind of work, I could present the assistant D.A. handling the case with an affidavit of non-prosecution, which is generally a "I overstated the severity of the event, I don't want the defendant prosecuted, he's really a swell guy" affidavit from the alleged victim, and I would be told that the policy of the D.A.'s office was to move the case to trial and if the victim refused to cooperate and testify against the defendant, then, and only then, would the case be dismissed. This was more than 5 years ago, but I doubt any D.A. is going to risk losing an election because the defendant goes back and chokes the shit out of the victim after the case is summarily dismissed. It would likely take months if not a year for the case to get to trial. I don't think there is any way you will ever see Chris Beard coach the Longhorns ever again. I don't see the university waiting for a year when the outcome could be really embarrasing.

I'm sure there are some lawyers on the board who actively doing criminal defense in Travis and if things are different, please correct me.

The Horns aren't in any rush to hire Beard's replacement at this point. The absolute earliest they'd hire somebody unless it was somebody not currently coaching like Jay Wright would be mid-March. Until then, they can leave him suspended without pay while the investigation and due diligence is handled. If by some miracle it comes out that he's not culpable in this instance, you can always reinstate him however much of a longshot that may or may not be.

• Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

How does that work? Is he only charged once indicted?

An attorney should probably weigh in, but I understand an indictment comes from a grand jury and a charge comes from a prosecutor.  I may be wrong, but I thought we only had an arrest and that a prosecutor hasn’t decided yet whether to press charges 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CheesePie said:

Thanks for this.

Makes me feel a little better about losing him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi