Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Sounds like victim is Beard’s fiancée. Allegedly wants charges dropped if Beards attorney is to be believed. Although sometimes the dropping of charges isn’t up to the victim.

100% true. Often times the state will prefer charges if the complainant refuses, or is afraid to.

2 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Bro. Take a second look at your meme here, and walk away from the keyboard. This doesn't end well for you. Even if he ultimately get's fired your take is wrong AT THIS TIME. You don't have any of the facts, and the school doesn't have all the facts. They can't fire him "for cause" when they don't know what, if anything, he even did. People that actually have degrees from the University of Texas should understand that. The people running said university understand that. And the attorneys advising said people absolutely understand that. If he beat up his fiancee, he will be fired in due course. There is no upside to firing him now, only downside. 

THIS.  

It's amazing to me people here don't get this.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

We know someone called the cops and said Beard was choking a woman. We know the cops arrested Beard for choking a woman. CDC needs to fire him right now. Anyone who thinks otherwise is really, really, really stupid. This isn't about what really happened. 

This would be stupid.  UT has to, at a minimum, provide Beard with some due process.  That means bringing him in for at least one meeting and getting his side of the story.

I'd have zero respect for UT if they didn't do that for anyone, no matter their pay grade.

And if they don't want to get fucked on firing him for cause.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

I think the difference here is that the fact this is being blasted all over national news. We want to see UT move quickly because of our love for UT and it's reputation. We already have Morris and his pending legal shit. We don't want to be the domestic abuse school.

So UT needs to make it clear publicly that we don't tolerate this shit. 

I would think your boss also wouldn't want his company developing a reputation like that in whatever industry you are in either.

Once again, I was responding to the “fire him TODAY!!!!!” posts. It’s stupid and not how things work. I’d guess a suspension is coming pretty quick.

Ive already said I believe the most likely outcome is that Beard will never coach here again. And it’s the right thing. On the very minuscule chance that this is a complete misunderstanding then he keeps his job. And that outcome also means that a) nobody was abused and b) I can go back to worrying about fishing instead of this shit. Win/win for everyone.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

The arrest and charge alone ensure he will not coach again at Texas.  It's only a matter of how that plays out.  He will never coach a game here again.  It's not a matter of mitigating circumstances.  That's for the severance discussion.

I’m hopeful that those with the actual decision-making power require more than an arrest and charges for termination. That would be a fairly idiotic standard. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

The arrest and charge alone ensure he will not coach again at Texas.  It's only a matter of how that plays out.  He will never coach a game here again.  It's not a matter of mitigating circumstances.  That's for the severance discussion.

Yup

4 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Have a question for you, and I'll be happy to DM if you would like...

Do employment lawyers shy away from taking on cases if the employer is the UT System or another State of Texas agency because of the whole sovereign immunity thing?  I know someone who is being retaliated against by her boss because she went on partial FMLA, creating a hostile work environment, the works.  She's talked to a couple of law firms who advertise that this is their specialty, but as soon as they find out she works for the UT System, they won't touch it.

See post #853

• Haha 1

There are plausible explanations for Beard. He may actually be the victim who was merely defending himself but got arrested because he's male and a woman levied the accusation. Once the cops get called to a domestic dispute, they're not leaving without arresting someone if there are signs violence occurred. The charge of impeding breathing or circulation is meaningless at this point; tightly squeezing someone's wrists falls under that definition. Beard's gf looks strong -- like she could beat the shit out of half of Surly, at least, strong -- and if she were actually the primary aggressor instead of the victim, it would take some effort to stop her. I'm imagining a scenario where she's drunk, emotional and angry. Pure speculation. Just to be clear I'm not victim blaming.  But neither should we be quick to throw Beard under the bus.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

If he does coach at UT again, those are two photos that are going to be everywhere in the crowd on road games. Yikes.

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

There are plausible explanations for Beard. He may actually be the victim who was merely defending himself but got arrested because he's male and a woman levied the accusation. Once the cops get called to a domestic dispute, they're not leaving without arresting someone if there are signs violence occurred. The charge of impeding breathing or circulation is meaningless at this point; tightly squeezing someone's wrists falls under that definition. Beard's gf looks strong -- like she could beat the shit out of half of Surly, at least, strong -- and if she were actually the primary aggressor instead of the victim, it would take some effort to stop her. I'm imagining a scenario where she's drunk, emotional and angry. Pure speculation. Just to be clear I'm not victim blaming.  But neither should we be quick to throw Beard under the bus.

This ain't it, my dude

1 hour ago, justhookit said:

Why do you keep bringing up alcohol in relation to this incident? I mean I realize 99% of this thread is speculation but at least there is some tweet or rumor or whatever to base that speculation on. You seem to be just going off of time of night?

Here’s why 

On December 12, 2022, at approximately 12:15 a.m., the Austin Police Department (APD) received a 9-1-1 call for a disturbance in the 1900 block of Vista Lane. The caller reported the disturbance was no longer ongoing and one of the individuals had left the house. APD officers responded and located a woman who stated she had been assaulted and strangled by Christopher Michael Beard.  

Beard was booked into Travis County Jail. He is charged with Assault by Strangulation/Suffocation - Family Violence, a third degree felony. 

Edited by 4th&Five

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Under the bus? He isn't being a scapegoat for something. 

You have zero idea about what happened. Basing your opinion on initial police reports from the scene is completely moronic. You shouldn't have to think too hard to come up with a few examples all by yourself. 

37 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

1) you don't know shit about shit. no one does. he'll be placed on administrative leave or suspended until the facts are released, at which point a decision will be made about his future.

2) quit fucking derka'ing up this thread. you've made your position clear. you don't need to repeat it a dozen times. 

image.gif.ec861c0e87b6f127916cc507e31f5f04.gif

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi