Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

20 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

The arrest and charge alone ensure he will not coach again at Texas.  It's only a matter of how that plays out.  He will never coach a game here again.  It's not a matter of mitigating circumstances.  That's for the severance discussion.

Correct.

As stated earlier, Beard can try to go out and get his name cleared. But he'll be doing without the title of head basketball coach at the University of Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Have a question for you, and I'll be happy to DM if you would like...

Do employment lawyers shy away from taking on cases if the employer is the UT System or another State of Texas agency because of the whole sovereign immunity thing?  I know someone who is being retaliated against by her boss because she went on partial FMLA, creating a hostile work environment, the works.  She's talked to a couple of law firms who advertise that this is their specialty, but as soon as they find out she works for the UT System, they won't touch it.

That's not limited to employment law. All attorneys will consider who the opposing side is. We don't have an obligation to accept every client that walks through our door. If we perceive taking on representation in a case may be damaging to our future earnings, that provides easy grounds to decline them as a conflict of interest.

I feel like I'm derailing this thread, but it's not like there's any new shit coming to light right now. I'll stop if @immamac wants to keep this more on track, but I'll still clarify legal questions that are mostly on topic. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Chopper said:

You have zero idea about what happened. Basing your opinion on initial police reports from the scene is completely moronic. You shouldn't have to think too hard to come up with a few examples all by yourself. 

I know what fucking happened. He got arrested for domestic violence and got my beloved University humiliated nationally. Suspending him is entirely rational. There is a lot at stake here and I am not interested in fucking around to find out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 7
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah. He had a fucking work day ahead of him. I mean you can do what you want in your spare time but that's not exactly a good sign.

Umm coaches stay up watching film til 2-3am all the time. And that’s high school coaches, college coaches and pro coaches are insomniacs. At least all the ones I’ve met. They have horrible sleeping habits.

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Umm coaches stay up watching film til 2-3am all the time. And that’s high school coaches, college coaches and pro coaches are insomniacs. At least all the ones I’ve met. They have horrible sleeping habits.

Yeah that's true. And it was at home. It wasn't like he was out or something. Good points.

22 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

What happened between 2am and the arrest at 4am ?

911 call came in sometime after midnight and police responded. He was arrested a little after 2 and officially booked at the jail after 4. Also, see @GeorgetownLaw's response below.

17 minutes ago, GeorgetownLaw said:

Likely:  medical treatment, cooling down time, well-being check of others in the home, statements taken, evidence gathered

38 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Disgusting

38 minutes ago, SD Hox said:

just do it TM

Both of you dipshits need to take a break and stop shitting up the thread.

Go play in traffic. Take a long walk off a short pier. Try to hold your breath for ten minutes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

While I know jackshite, and wish the Beards would kiss makeup and have some goods…😢

If he is fired I would hope we might bring in some alumni coaches to move us pass.  TJ Ford?  Lance Blanks?  Bring back the BMW machine and run the 3s and the Jump-Stop.

🤘

Edited by Domedriver

20 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

If there’s one thing I’ve learned on my years of being a part of shaggy surly. Is that the one thing we do well is not jump to conclusions. Get the full story and see how it all plays out before we rush to judgement. 

That sir will be unnecessary around these parts.  

• Haha 1

Not sure if he was released yet, but driving back to work.  Saw a guy wearing burnt orange polo and shorts with a thicker than usual facial hair who looked a lot like Beard walking into the new practice facility/offices.  And the western entrance, not the covered parking platform underneath it. Like he got dropped off by somebody.  But I suppose it could be any number of people associated with the program who would not be parking in the coach and staff lot.  Guy looked like he had stayed up late.  And then In front of courthouse/jail; way more police than usual.  Weird.  

Hope whatever Happens, gets sorted out quickly and correctly for all involved.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

why are posters negging these types of comments?

Because the dumbass @Loop 1604 suggested CDC be fired for not already firing Beard. Then when people disagree with him regarding on timing and how CDC has to protect the University with actual facts he calls them wife beaters. So at this point he will probably be negged for everything he post on this thread.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posters defending him on this thread are fucking delusional. He’s 1000% gone and better be. 

2 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

Well, first of all, nobody here is defending Beard. Secondly, nobody knows what happened. Is he gone? Seems highly likely. But any stance that he should've already been fired is asinine. Lastly, this is one of 1604's tamer comments on this thread. Once you go down the path of insane shit-posting, everything else in that same vein is likely to get negged as well. 

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I know what fucking happened. He got arrested for domestic violence and got my beloved University humiliated nationally. Suspending him is entirely rational. There is a lot at stake here and I am not interested in fucking around to find out.

I don't get why I am getting neged here. Do you guys think he should just coach tonight and we move on like nothing happened unless he is actually convicted? I just cannot imagine somebody thinking he shouldn't at least be immediately suspended. 

4 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

It's just that poster. He's spammed some variation of "if you don't think Chris Beard should be fired and beheaded this instant, you're a piece of shit!" like 600 times now.

People who are "wait and seeing" don't wanna hear that crap. And nobody here is gonna be complaining about it if he does get fired.

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi