Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

9 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

4. Never date a woman who has the same first name as a state: Georgia/Montana/Carolina/Arizona/Dakota/Virginia/Indiana/etc.   Lulz.

I have a similar rule (even though I’m happily married), except it’s never date a girl who’s named for something Western:

Cheyenne (any spelling), Dakota, Cody (especially with an i), Montana, Sky (any spelling), Aspen, River, or Heifer.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I have a similar rule (even though I’m happily married), except it’s never date a girl who’s named for something Western:

Cheyenne (any spelling), Dakota, Cody (especially with an I), Montana, Sky (any spelling), Aspen, River, or Heifer.

you aren't Vic?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Cheyenne (any spelling), Dakota, Cody (especially with an i), Montana, Sky (any spelling), Aspen, River, or Heifer.

I've warned my son about chicks named Rhiannon.

• Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Met lots like this during my time in Wyoming. I can add Remington and McKinley, and my personal favorite- 

wait for it

Mesa. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

See also Rule # 3 as handed down to us by the immortal cinema classic Teen Wolf:

730d307cbddc784f87a3621ea8e86a7e.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

So is he getting fired before the weekend is over? Unless they're trying to figure out a way to keep him, there's no reason to drag it out. 

We are keeping him.  This is our shot across the bow of college athletics that Texas is now a sports school. Fuck them learners. SEC! SEC! SEC!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Used to work with a guy who got stabbed by a girl named Dallas.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

So is he getting fired before the weekend is over? Unless they're trying to figure out a way to keep him, there's no reason to drag it out. 

The suspension without pay does signal they think he's already breached the "For Cause" termination rights they have (duh).  Per contract they do have to make a determination whether the breach is "curable".  Legally I am not sure what that means, but per contract whether it is curable is totally up to Hartzell.  The arrest itself, and what came out in the police report, seems non-curable to me, a layperson, as his reputation will always be tainted to some degree.  I guess they could be working through a scenario where, through some sort of rehab program he could be considered employable in a reasonable amount of time?  I don't see that and doubt it is occurring.  There could be other considerations, like not making things harder on Terry by firing Beard in the middle of the season and pissing off the team.  Although waiting until March will be really awkward too.  The timing is pretty much up to Hartzell.  He will consult, but ultimately it's his decision.  If I had to guess, he wants more information about what happened like we all do, so he can say that he considered all the information.  That would be access to statements by all parties, any audio or video, and pictures.  Once he has that, I'd say Beard will go bye bye.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

There could be other considerations, like not making things harder on Terry by firing Beard in the middle of the season and pissing off the team.  Although waiting until March will be really awkward too.  

If Hartzell & crew are determined to fire him, they need to do it as soon as possible.  Waiting until the season is over would make it difficult for players to plan their futures.  It would be a dick move.  Regardless, they appear pretty fond of Rodney Terry and it doesn't seem like they would have a problem playing for him.  (I would say the Rice results weren't exactly encouraging, but that could have been wholly due to the immediate stress of losing their coach.)

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

Some of y'all are going to be disappointed when we keep him around, it sounds like. 

Hate to have any of you on a jury, with your knack for sniffing out the truth without evidence. 

A criminal trial is slightly different than a contractual employment situation. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, royiv said:

A criminal trial is slightly different than a contractual employment situation. 

Still shouldn't be firing someone solely because of the word of a woman scorned. We have seen no evidence. Everyone on this board just runs it. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

Still shouldn't be firing someone solely because of the word of a woman scorned. We have seen no evidence. Everyone on this board just runs it. 

He signed an employment contract with certain covenants in it. If he broke one or more of those covenants, his employer has the right to terminate his employment for cause. I'm not an attorney and I'm not his employer, but you're conflating the "word of a woman scorned" (and how do you know this?) with a contractual issue.

4 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

All your aggy righteous indignation aside, sometimes shit happens.  

CSB/

Leaving Lake Travis years ago with BSC, driving her car back to west campus, 19 at the time.  She gets violent, hitting and scratching while I’m trying to drive, and now she wants to drive, it’s her car.  Pull over into a parking lot somewhere on 620, I get out and walk around, she slides over and locks the doors and drives off.   So what do I do?  What any sane guy would do.  I throw my shoe at her car.

3 guys sitting around a truck bed drinking beer watch this go down and start heckling me so I walked over and hit the first guy.   The fight ended when their legs got tired of kicking me up under their truck.   I laid there for a while after they left, finally got up and walk/jogged down 620, down 71, then up bee cave to Barton springs.  It took hours.   Some girls took pity on me and gave me a ride from there back to west campus.

when I get there my door is locked (never did, didn’t even have a key) and BSC was inside and wouldn’t open the door.   At that point I’m exhausted and just want a cold beer and a bong hit.   Well she dumped the weed down the storm drain and set the beer out in the parking lot for whoever grabbed it.   Keep in mind I was 19 and that beer had been very tedious to acquire.  Plus it’s late/early so the getting more ship had sailed.

I finally convinced her to open the door, I walked past her and grabbed an arm full of her clothes from the closet and threw them out the front door.   When I went back for a second load she started hitting, scratching, spitting, whatever….  Didn’t even feel it, just grabbed another load and tossed it outside with the rest.   She threw a wine bottle at me and missed, smashed the mirror when it hit, oops that one would have hurt.

On the next load was when she went to the kitchen and got a big ass butcher knife and she blocked the bedroom door which was my only way out.   I still had a load of her clothes in my hands and I told her I would leave and she could get the rest of her shit and get out before I came back.   She told me to put her clothes down and that I wasn’t going anywhere.  So I dropped her clothes and punched her right in her forehead, she still managed to cut my arm pretty good in the process.   She sat down in a chair still holding the knife with 1,000 mile stare. 

I took one of her shirts and wrapped my arm, left and walked down to taco cabana.  It’s surprising that even at like 4 in the morning people at cabana will get up and move tables giving you a wide berth when you go in looking like you were just in a plane crash.  I didn’t go home that night or the next day stayed with friends and when I finally went back, BSC and her shit were gone.   Don’t know how the police didn’t get called, probably neighbors all passed out from drinking all my booze.   Low point in my life, not proud of any of it, but saying never hit a woman under any circumstance is wrong.  

Sounds like you had plenty of chances to just walk away before punching a woman and you didn't take them. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

While he was sitting in the room thinking about her and about how terrible she was, he should have stopped and thought this relationship was going to cost him his job.

The first words out of his mouth to Texas should have been "I have shamed the university by my actions.  Here is my resignation"

He's gone before Friday 5:30pm central is my bet.

20+ years ago a few members of the Baylor baseball team did some horrible animal cruelty.   People still refer to the entire team as catkillers.  

He's got to go.  Everyone knows this.  

• Fuck You 1

Lots of justifications for domestic abuse in here. Dude is 1000% gone and absolutely should be. 

The blowback against the University for keeping him after all of this would be insurmountable. No way he stays. 

Plus, he seems like a real piece of shit anyway. See ya. 

*incoming negs*

Edited by Loop 1604
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 7

5 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Lots of justifications for domestic abuse in here.

Not trying to justify abuse, but you have already convicted him. I've heard Beard's side. Not saying it's the truth, but unlike you, I'm not going to take sides over a bunch of fucking hearsay. 

• Hook 'Em 7

10 minutes ago, Deej said:

If you have proof of this, just show it. 

I don't have any proof.  I'm just saying it's entirely possible it's not a pure "he said, she said" situation.  He told the cops he had audio recordings showing he wasn't the "primary aggressor", which to me indicates that he admits he got physical with her.  That's probably enough for UT to fire him, and I wouldn't disagree.

7 minutes ago, Deej said:

Not trying to justify abuse, but you have already convicted him. I've heard Beard's side. Not saying it's the truth, but unlike you, I'm not going to take sides over a bunch of fucking hearsay. 

On the flip side, it appears you've already exonerated him. It goes both ways.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

Quite the reach, dipshit. I just fucking said we don't know what the truth is. I just find it odd that everyone here is just jumping on him being an abuser being the truth. You don't know, I don't know. 

You started your little treatise off saying that folks were going to be upset when Beard is retained, conflated criminal and employment matters and referred to the fiancée as a "woman scorned."

Forgive me for thinking you might have a bias. Please accept my most sincerest apologies. You're right, I don't know the truth and likely never will. I don't expect all of the evidence ever to be made public as I'm guessing the likelihood of a criminal trial is low. 

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

He’s not conflating anything. He’s saying he needs to see the facts before determining whether Beard’s behavior warrants firing under the conduct clause. Of course they CAN fire him right now. They may not WANT to fire him until they know the facts. Nothing wrong with that. 

And those arguing that the firing should have already happened based on what you’ve heard and read, well guess what. That information make not be accurate or you may be misinterpreting what you’ve learned.

You still just don’t understand the basic life fact that people lie their asses off all day long in this world. He may be totally guilty, but the ONLY prudent approach at this point by the administration is to get the facts understood. It’s like none of you have ever run an organization before. 

Well, no shit. I have said nothing different with regards to his employment status. As to conflating things, he started off with nonsense about not wanting certain posters on a criminal jury which absolutely demonstrates confusing a criminal proceeding versus an employment matter. 

16 minutes ago, royiv said:

You started your little treatise off saying that folks were going to be upset when Beard is retained

Because you have already made up your mind. He could be completely exonerated, and you'd still think he's guilty.

18 minutes ago, royiv said:

referred to the fiancée as a "woman scorned."

She was angry for a reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi