Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

10 hours ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

So do we know if "separated" means they were basically breaking off the engagement - meaning that is her fiancé but they were breaking up? Based on the earlier post of the Tech grad, drinks, and the bar, didn't really sound like it was on solid footing, and if not, why the hell were they still shacking up???

Go volleyball!!!! In the finals baby!!!

i haven't read this thread very closely, so forgive me if i'm repeating information here, but supposedly she was acting like a drunken ass all over NYC and it caused issues on the trip and really pissed off Beard to the point where he was on the verge of ending it. supposedly they were already on rocky ground before the NYC trip, and when they got home he pretty much just stopped even acknowledging her existence, despite still living with her. it's easy to sit here and say he's a moron for continuing to live with her once things had gotten this bad, but in my experience that's not super unusual when it comes to unhealthy, codependent relationships. shitty situation that i doubt beard could have ever foreseen going this far awry. i'm pretty sure that by the time shit hit the fan that beard was essentially fully engaged in his work and not even really thinking about his chick, which could explain her attempts to get his attention, even if it was just to piss him off.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, Jersey Man10 said:

So…any updates?

best guess is that everyone with any type of say so is circling the wagons to find a way to keep Beard on as HC after a season long suspension. until they figure out a way to do that/realize they have no choice but to fire him, my guess is we won't hear a lot. how long that lasts, i don't know, but i'm guessing it won't be too much longer. 

• Hook 'Em 6

12 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

so forgive me if i'm repeating information here, but supposedly she was acting like a drunken ass all over NYC and it caused issues on the trip and really pissed off Beard

This is at least the second time that someone has mentioned this. Are there more details?

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

I know jack shit about CB and as usual completely talking out of my ass, barring any horrendous evidence of abuse, you suspend him for rest of the season, anger mgmt therapy(I'm sure for show mostly) and move on from there next season.  JMO. 

If this wasn't such a high profile case, that would probably be the way it would go.  I know a guy who beat his wife so bad she went to the ER with a broken nose.  He got charged, pled guilty.  She took the kids and fled to another state. After 6 months of anger management he was free to go wherever.  After a year of AA, his record was expunged.   

I would think his remaining at Texas would have something to do with being a spokesperson against DV.  Which wouldn't be such a bad idea, since so many athletes end up in similar situations (looking at you NFL).  Set up a series of seminars on red flags, escalation, de-escalation, fall out, etc.   

It wouldn't surprise me that CDC ends up with his coach intact and in an even better position.    That's my hope anyway, that something good comes from this tragic situation.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Well yeah, we are. Their football team went 4-8 this year.

Our basketball team is 8-1. I would even give them odds to beat their football team.

And volleyball baby! Don’t for get the Lady Longhorns playing for a trophy tonight! /Dickie V voice.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Nope, but I'm sure we're pretty close to getting a statement along the lines of "While we continue to work with authorities and obtain information, Chris Beard will remain on unpaid leave from the Texas basketball program"

Early this week I expected a termination for cause, I’m at least even odds what you stated is what happens. To be honest, that’s a sea change from the UT of the past if it plays out that way and leads to any sort of reinstatement and rehabilitation. I offer no personal opinion just an observation. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Underdog said:

I know jack shit about CB and as usual completely talking out of my ass, barring any horrendous evidence of abuse, you suspend him for rest of the season, anger mgmt therapy(I'm sure for show mostly) and move on from there next season.  JMO. 

This is certainly what we’d do if we were Kentucky and a hoops school and we felt like we had a top 5 coach. I’m skeptical that’s how it plays out at UT, but who knows- I wouldn’t have thought we’d embrace a move to the SEC either. 

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

This is certainly what we’d do if we were Kentucky and a hoops school and we felt like we had a top 5 coach. I’m skeptical that’s how it plays out at UT, but who knows- I wouldn’t have thought we’d embrace a move to the SEC either. 

I suspect this line of discussion has received way more airtime in the closed door meetings than it’s ever has before in a triage situation like this. 

18 hours ago, GeorgetownLaw said:

Please tell me we are better than Nebraska 

We are an SEC school now. It’s a whole new ballgame. The holier than thou attitude by some UT fans with respect to paying players is moot now with NIL. Our fan base will not accept not playing the game to win. UT is not going to stand being the Cal of the SEC. The old farts with the old UT fan mentality like jimmyjazz don’t matter anymore. Beard is staying. It’s the SEC way.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, troph said:

Early this week I expected a termination for cause, I’m at least even odds what you stated is what happens. To be honest, that’s a sea change from the UT of the past if it plays out that way and leads to any sort of reinstatement and rehabilitation. I offer no personal opinion just an observation. 

The fact that Beard hasn't already been fired for cause leads me to believe there is some truth to the story that Randi is just as guilty if not the the sole reason shit went sideways on Sunday night/Monday morning. Look, Beard is a fantastic basketball coach but he has achieved NOTHING that would make him untouchable at Texas -- yet. This is not Bobby Knight at Indiana or Dean Smith at UNC or Coach K at Duke. We could've fired him last week for cause, not paid a dime and gone out and been an attractive destination for the next hot coach next March. But we haven't -- and that is very telling IMO.

2 hours ago, usmc0331horn said:

Is the new coach going to open the top of the moody center?

Reminds me of this:

https://www.theonion.com/congress-threatens-to-leave-d-c-unless-new-capitol-is-1819566457

And then it was like Iran or China that thought it was a real story and were making fun of us. That's just good stuff, right there.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

The fact that Beard hasn't already been fired for cause leads me to believe there is some truth to the story that Randi is just as guilty if not the the sole reason shit went sideways on Sunday night/Monday morning. Look, Beard is a fantastic basketball coach but he has achieved NOTHING that would make him untouchable at Texas -- yet. This is not Bobby Knight at Indiana or Dean Smith at UNC or Coach K at Duke. We could've fired him last week for cause, not paid a dime and gone out and been an attractive destination for the next hot coach next March. But we haven't -- and that is very telling IMO.

I agree. AND even if there is "more to the story" the old Texas, the non-SEC Texas would have fired him just for the PR most likely. The fact that Texas is even entertaining this for a minute given the "dead to rights" position they have under the Employment Agreement (charged with a felony = for cause = no buyout) is really telling about where the future of Texas Athletics may be headed.  again, observation, not personal opinion.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

We are an SEC school now. It’s a whole new ballgame. The holier than thou attitude by some UT fans with respect to paying players is moot now with NIL. Our fan base will not accept not playing the game to win. UT is not going to stand being the Cal of the SEC. The old farts with the old UT fan mentality like jimmyjazz don’t matter anymore. Beard is staying. It’s the SEC way.

About time. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Agreed.  If there are truly mitigating circumstances, and the arrest report and other info floating around aren't completely accurate, then that needs to be taken into account.  The silence is deafening.

That said, if it was "classic" man-beats-woman domestic violence, and we look the other way, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Agreed.  If there are truly mitigating circumstances, and the arrest report and other info floating around aren't completely accurate, then that needs to be taken into account.  The silence is deafening.

That said, if it was "classic" man-beats-woman domestic violence, and we look the other way, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

This definitely wasn't a classic man beats woman. This is a classic man should have made substantially better decisions to avoid a physical confrontation that they didn't start, but will always be in the wrong if it happens. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, immamac said:

This definitely wasn't a classic man beats woman. This is a classic man should have made substantially better decisions to avoid a physical confrontation that they didn't start, but will always be in the wrong if it happens. 

That's the way I read it.  The collective "we" have gone over it dozens of times on this thread, but I'll still say I'm not for keeping him unless it was clear his life/wellbeing were in real danger.  It goes without saying I have absolutely no clout in the matter, and I don't know if the current UT administration (including CDC) see it my way.  We're plowing new ground here.

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm convinced Beard will be the coach of Texas Men's Basketball in 2023.

It doesn't make a shit what really happened.  There's an investment to protect.

They would have already moved on it if they were going to.

Edited by slorch

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Investment?  We can cut ties scot free if we want.  

The program is fully bought in to Beard as its identity is what he means. He was instrumental in revamping student section, rebuilding the roster, changing the play style and having his little fireside chat things. They brought in a Texas Ex who was a former player to lead that too. 

There's a lot more than money at stake here.

• Hook 'Em 2

Wading back in after taking a couple of days/many pages off of this thread. 

bite science- might have been an innocence project doc that demonstrated the lack of evidentiary quality of it, but I’m sure I saw something about it. Unsure if it has advanced since. 

secondarily, a bite to the forearm as I believe was reported could have been an offensive or defensive action. Especially so if SHE was choking HIM at some point. 

I don’t know how you sus out the facts for something like this, other than video evidence. 

27 minutes ago, GeorgetownLaw said:

Bite marks themselves may not be conclusive but the DNA left behind will be. 

Is it really?  Will they show her story that he lead his attack with his teeth or confirm his story that they were defensive bites because she was attacking him (which she said she did not do)?

The only thing she admitted to was breaking the glasses. Audio/Video might be able to prove if that statement is true or false. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

Hopefully, UT has someone checking in on Beard's ex girlfriends/wives to see if he's had any issues in the past.
Could help to form "opinions" on whether he's a "potential victim", a "first-timer" or an "aggressor with history".

I suspect this was more of a cat-fight kinda incident that got out of hand than anything else.  

Sucks for both him and her and obviously, we the fans.  

And it especially sucks for his kid who lives in the house and still has to go to UT classes.  Or might be after the break.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Is it really?  Will they show her story that he lead his attack with his teeth or confirm his story that they were defensive bites because she was attacking him (which she said she did not do)?

The only thing she admitted to was breaking the glasses. Audio/Video might be able to prove if that statement is true or false. 

No, the DNA WILL show that he bit her. The rest so far is conjecture. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi