Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

1 hour ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Yes and when we lose in the tournament the choke comments will be unavoidable. Oh well.

So no difference from the last two coaches.

1 hour ago, CTC2 said:

Don't give a fuck.  We are one of the most hated schools anyway.  Might as well live up to it.

Can't operate a Death Star with a Darth Vader. And the choking is an inevitability. 

• Haha 4

Beard hasn't gone public with his side of the story. Tells me he's listening very closely to his lawyers. Kind of refreshing, really. The big cigars and CDC I bet have heard his side and viewed his evidence too. I agree with all the posts saying they're letting the lawyers do their thing behind the scenes for diligence purposes. If was open-and-shut fire immediately territory it would've already happened.

Also sends a positive message to other coaching prospects, in case Sark doesn't work out, that we don't fuck around with diligence and won't throw good coaches under the bus before getting a handle on all the facts. That counts for a lot these days, if you can win.

• Hook 'Em 4

AUSTIN (KXAN) - Longhorns coach and former Texas Tech University coach, Chris Beard, requested to be looked at by a medic before he was taken to the Travis County Jail, according to an Austin Police Department General Offense document detailing the situation surrounding his arrest on a charge of assault by strangulation/suffocation – family violence on Dec. 12.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, txhorns said:

Requesting medical attention is interesting, means he had some kind of injury.  Also interesting that it doesn’t mention he received that medical attention, wonder if the cops didn’t honor the request.

Well to be fair to the legal system, the Doctor of Neighborhood, who should have attended to his medical needs, was otherwise detained.  

1 hour ago, txhorns said:

Requesting medical attention is interesting, means he had some kind of injury.  Also interesting that it doesn’t mention he received that medical attention, wonder if the cops didn’t honor the request.

Beard characterized what happened as “a little disagreement,” the general offense documents said. He said his fiancée “began to ‘take a couple of shots’ at him when he defended her off by ‘grabbing her wrists and put her down.'”

ATCEMS went to the scene to make sure the fiancée was OK, but she didn’t go to the hospital. A medic evaluated Beard at the home before he left.

11 hours ago, chainsaw said:

that's a big scoop

damage control.  Straight up.

I said it a few days ago and I stand by it-  I'd be shocked if Chris Beard is not the Texas Men's Basketball Coach in 2023.  They will find a way.

10 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

What does that even mean?

I’m not sure what he meant but I posted it because two things had to happen for beard to stay - again I’m not stating my opinion I’m stating an observation - first, time had to go by for this to blow over and lawyers to lawyer, including on the criminal side, some investigation etc. knowing that the most likely time for him to be shitcanned was within the first week, and second, an alternate story (true or not) had to start coming out. The thing was airtight for weeks, first news report that comes out after the flurry? She might have hurt him, and we are fairly sure she started it but now we have reason to believe he may have been injured.  The third piece which I’m not totally sure of is the lawyers working APD and the DA hard to drop or settle quickly. I don’t know anything on that front. So I posted it’s happening because the story referenced was the first in a PR move required to keep him - if that’s what’s happening. 

1 hour ago, UTGrad98 said:

I really hope he breaks up with her after this unless them staying together is one of her "conditions."

Why didn't he just pay more attention to her in the first place.  

There are only so many hours in the day, and if he's worth not throwing under the bus, I'd prefer those hours be spent focusing on coaching a championship team.

• Hook 'Em 2

I find it extremely telling that nobody's lawyer is out there in the public making noise. I understand UT being quiet while they gather facts and listen to lawyers. I unerstand the state trying to act like this is no extraordinary case by treating it like all DV cases and therefore not doing pressers about it. But Beards lawyers have pretty much made the one public statement early on. If they thought their client was going to be charged They'd be squaking to every news outlet filling the twitterverse with a defensive narrative. Even more telling is surely Randi has lawyered up. So why aren't they out their painting her as the abused handmade. The only reason UTs,  Beards, and Trews lawyers are quite is they can work together to develop a unified consistent story to sell to the public. They can't do that if the different parties go public with their own story and then change their story from time to time. It is my professional opinion as an auto parts counterman and part time Uber driver that all this quiet means all parties are trying to develop a storyline where CB keeps his job.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CustersDoctor said:

I find it extremely telling that nobody's lawyer is out there in the public making noise. I understand UT being quiet while they gather facts and listen to lawyers. I unerstand the state trying to act like this is no extraordinary case by treating it like all DV cases and therefore not doing pressers about it. But Beards lawyers have pretty much made the one public statement early on. If they thought their client was going to be charged They'd be squaking to every news outlet filling the twitterverse with a defensive narrative. Even more telling is surely Randi has lawyered up. So why aren't they out their painting her as the abused handmade. The only reason UTs,  Beards, and Trews lawyers are quiet is they can work together to develop a unified consistent story to sell to the public. They can't do that if the different parties go public with their own story and then change their story from time to time. It is my professional opinion as an auto parts counterman and part time Uber driver that all this quiet means all parties are trying to develop a storyline where CB keeps his job.

Back in my day, the move to make if the parties were adverse would have been to trot Beard down to the police station and make a charge of assault against the girlfriend to serve as leverage in the criminal case to essentially say “I’ll drop mine if you drop yours”.  Have no idea if that just works in East Texas but the fact that we don’t hear much pot banging could mean that something like you describe is taking place with relation to coach and the girlfriend. What I suspect is that the parties want this to go away but the dipshit Travis county DA will ultimately be the problem.  This guy is a nobody and has no incentive to help UT, Beard or Minton.  This is all a guess but an educated one based upon unrelated facts that I know to be true. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

What I suspect is that the parties want this to go away but the dipshit Travis county DA will ultimately be the problem.  This guy is a nobody and has no incentive to help UT, Beard or Minton.  This is all a guess but an educated one based upon unrelated facts that I know to be true. 

Sad take you've got there. I'm no fan of the Travis County DA, but referring to him as a nobody who is merely standing in the way implies that Beard is too important to face justice for something that most people would consider as low-life as it gets.  Garza isn't the problem.  Beard is the problem.  If this wasn't a coach, and it happened to your sister, you'd be ready to kick his ass up and down the street and be rooting for prison time.  Sports make people lose their minds. Beard should be gone.  Full stop.  The fact that Randi may cut a deal to keep the money train flowing doesn't change the fact that we'll have a complete piece of shit on the sidelines if he manages to keep his job.  And it's possible the DA doesn't need the victim's testimony to nail Beard to the wall on this one anyway, which is what a DA should do in such a case.  She may not be able to stop it even if they back up the proverbial dump truck full of money.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, Samson's Wig said:

Sad take you've got there. I'm no fan of the Travis County DA, but referring to him as a nobody who is merely standing in the way implies that Beard is too important to face justice for something that most people would consider as low-life as it gets.  Garza isn't the problem.  Beard is the problem.  If this wasn't a coach, and it happened to your sister, you'd be ready to kick his ass up and down the street and be rooting for prison time.  Sports make people lose their minds. Beard should be gone.  Full stop.  The fact that Randi may cut a deal to keep the money train flowing doesn't change the fact that we'll have a complete piece of shit on the sidelines if he manages to keep his job.  And it's possible the DA doesn't need the victim's testimony to nail Beard to the wall on this one anyway, which is what a DA should do in such a case.  She may not be able to stop it even if they back up the proverbial dump truck full of money.

How do you know what happened?  Is that not important?  Should he nail him to the wall no matter what the facts are?  Even if she was not telling the truth to the police?

• Hook 'Em 6

lol

1 minute ago, Texas Wahoo said:

How do you know what happened?  Is that not important?  Should he nail him to the wall no matter what the facts are?  Even if she was not telling the truth to the police?

Good lord, of course not.  That's what a trial is for. Some of you are losing your damn minds over this situation. My point was that the post I quoted was disgusting in that it had no interest in justice, just in making certain our coach gets off scott free with no consequences regardless of the facts.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 4

38 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

Back in my day, the move to make if the parties were adverse would have been to trot Beard down to the police station and make a charge of assault against the girlfriend to serve as leverage in the criminal case to essentially say “I’ll drop mine if you drop yours”.  Have no idea if that just works in East Texas but the fact that we don’t hear much pot banging could mean that something like you describe is taking place with relation to coach and the girlfriend. What I suspect is that the parties want this to go away but the dipshit Travis county DA will ultimately be the problem.  This guy is a nobody and has no incentive to help UT, Beard or Minton.  This is all a guess but an educated one based upon unrelated facts that I know to be true. 

I don't think fucking over one of the most powerful universities in the world that resides within your city limits and has a fuck-ton of local alumni is a good move as DA. 

That's of course assuming the case falls apart but he still wants to prosecute it to the fullest extent he can. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

lol

Good lord, of course not.  That's what a trial is for. Some of you are losing your damn minds over this situation. My point was that the post I quoted was disgusting in that it had no interest in justice, just in making certain our coach gets off scott free with no consequences regardless of the facts.  

What you don’t understand is that if Beard had left the house and drove to the police station and made a complaint, showed them his bruises, and said she attacked him, she would have been arrested that night. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Well my sister doesn’t have a history of abuse, including towards minors, so I’d be more inclined to believe every word she said.  Trew’s past plus her admitting that she started the altercation means that her version of the events has to be taken with a grain of salt.  That doesn’t mean that Beard is innocent, he still likely did something that most of us would consider abhorrent.  It does mean, however, that I am more willing to let the legal process and UT investigation runs its course before I start demanding his immediate firing and calling his a piece of shit.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, CTC2 said:

Easy Thunder. That’s not what I said at all. Garza is a nobody especially in the sense that he has never been a prosecutor and is now running a 200 person prosecutor office. 
In 30 years practicing law I have never need a PC affidavit that accurately reflected what happened in a matter like this. You are taking it at face value and generally that is not safe ground. 
If the Randi was my sister I would have to acknowledge that she started the physical aspect of this confrontation which would lead me to at least question what went on. 
I get it, you don’t like Beard. 

Beard has never presented himself as an upstanding member of society, but I've always been okay with that and considered it worth the gamble for a good coach. I've been a fan.  This incident is a bridge too far, however.    And I agree that not all facts are in the affidavit, of course.  But it's also a fact that Beard didn't deny assaulting her to the cops.  He merely claimed that she started it, which might matter in terms of his criminal situation, but doesn't mean a hill of beans in terms of public opinion.  He has proven himself to be a low-life that will assault a woman.  Mitigating factors may impact his legal issues, but they don't change the fact that we've got a coach that hits women.  

Just now, CTC2 said:

What you don’t understand is that if Beard had left the house and drove to the police station and made a complaint, showed them his bruises, and said she attacked him, she would have been arrested that night. 

Sure, but he didn't.  And what he did do is telling.   As you said, maybe massaging reality and cutting a deal works in East Texas, and maybe it will also work with in Austin, but I expect better out of the university than I do our criminal justice system.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Beard has never presented himself as an upstanding member of society, but I've always been okay with that and considered it worth the gamble for a good coach. I've been a fan.  This incident is a bridge too far, however.    And I agree that not all facts are in the affidavit, of course.  But it's also a fact that Beard didn't deny assaulting her to the cops.  He merely claimed that she started it, which might matter in terms of his criminal situation, but doesn't mean a hill of beans in terms of public opinion.  He has proven himself to be a low-life that will assault a woman.  Mitigating factors may impact his legal issues, but they don't change the fact that we've got a coach that hits women.  

Sure, but he didn't.  And what he did do is telling.   As you said, maybe massaging reality and cutting a deal works in East Texas, and maybe it will also work with in Austin, but I expect better out of the university than I do our criminal justice system.

I can respect your opinion up until you start making shit up.  What he acknowledged was that he stopped her from attacking him.  I realize that could mean all types of things but to say he is some sort of abuser has not been proven. You know what’s missing here?  Other women coming forward and saying that he has been physical with them. Facts like that help with insight as to whose story is more accurate. 

But, this quote is where you show your bias:

“But it's also a fact that Beard didn't deny assaulting her to the cops.  He merely claimed that she started it, which might matter interms of his criminal situation, but doesn't mean a hill of beans in terms of public opinion.  He has proven himself to be a low-life that will assault a woman.”

Edited by CTC2
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, txhorns said:

Well my sister doesn’t have a history of abuse, including towards minors, so I’d be more inclined to believe every word she said.  Trew’s past plus her admitting that she started the altercation means that her version of the events has to be taken with a grain of salt.  That doesn’t mean that Beard is innocent, he still likely did something that most of us would consider abhorrent.  It does mean, however, that I am more willing to let the legal process and UT investigation runs its course before I start demanding his immediate firing and calling his a piece of shit.

I think this is a reasonable take.  Whatever Randi did or didn't do as a coach has absolutely zero bearing on this incident, however. It serves as a sign that neither one of them are particularly nice people, but we all already knew that didn't we?  The standards of the justice system don't apply to the question of whether he keeps his job or not, and I'm speaking more to the quality of the character of a high profile UT employee.  The legal issues will work out one way or the other, likely without much fanfare, in my opinion.  We need no further information to know that he engaged violently with a woman.  There is absolutely nothing in the affidavit to indicate that his life was in danger (which would be the only justification), and his attorneys would 100% have made such circumstances public already were that the case.   So we have all we need to know that he is a piece of shit, whether he ends up in trouble legally or not.  Some clearly want to twist things around in their mind to justify keeping him.  I like winning too, but I'm not willing to go that far.  Beard's always been a volatile guy, and that's part of his charm to an extent, but this situation shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone.  And if he stays around, we'll be dealing with some other incident caused by his inability to control his temper at some point down the road.  There's a reason that Bob Knight style coaches are gone from the profession, with Beard being the most notable exception.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I can respect your opinion up until you start making shit up.  What he acknowledged was that he stopped her from attacking him.  I realize that could mean all types of things but to say he is some sort of abuser has not been proven. You know what’s missing here?  Other women coming forward and saying that he has been physical with them. Facts like that help with insight as to whose story is more accurate. 

But, this quote is where you show your bias:

“But it's also a fact that Beard didn't deny assaulting her to the cops.  He merely claimed that she started it, which might matter interms of his criminal situation, but doesn't mean a hill of beans in terms of public opinion.  He has proven himself to be a low-life that will assault a woman.”

You're working overtime, counselor. I hope you're at least getting paid for your spin efforts.

Edited by Samson's Wig
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Samson's Wig said:

Whatever Randi did or didn't do as a coach has absolutely zero bearing on this incident, however.

What a stupid fucking take. It has a ton of bearing. Both in actual court and the court of public opinion. You think Beard's lawyers haven't looked into her past behavior? 

2 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

There's a reason that Bob Knight style coaches are gone from the profession, with Beard being the most notable exception.

Lol. 

https://nypost.com/2022/12/22/juwan-howard-flips-out-in-michigans-loss-to-unc-video/amp/

And there are plenty more. Illinois' coach was repeatedly losing his shit the other night. 

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi