Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

If you’re arrested, but not charged; it still hits your background check?

Why?

Yes, it does. When they take your fingerprints, it goes to the FBI database. I work in the financial services industry where they check the FBI database. I had to get a letter from the DA's office saying I was not charged. It was an embarrassing experience every time I got a new job offer.

6 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Yes, it does. When they take your fingerprints, it goes to the FBI database. I work in the financial services industry where they check the FBI database. I had to get a letter from the DA's office saying I was not charged. It was an embarrassing experience every time I got a new job offer.

Thirty year old dismissed stuff showed up on my Global Entry application back in the day. It was a really fun time trying to get a disposition letter. They weren’t satisfied with not seeing a conviction. Good times. 

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

Thirty year old dismissed stuff showed up on my Global Entry application back in the day. It was a really fun time trying to get a disposition letter. They weren’t satisfied with not seeing a conviction. Good times. 

I had the same issue with my global entry application! Good times indeed! The worst was getting pulled into my MD's office after starting a new job and him telling me there was an issue with transferring my securities licenses to their firm.

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Not all arrests hit your background check. I've had a PI done away with through deferred adjudication and it doesn't come up. Granted that's sort of an exception. 

Anything where you're actually booked at county jail will probably come up though. 

Not all background checks are the same. Some jobs and security clearances like TSA precheck require a deeper check that involves running through the FBI database. Some job applications ask you if you ever were arrested and if your answer is yes, then you would have to produce the disposition letter.

• Hook 'Em 2

If you wonder what shows up in background checks - for jobs that pay less than $75k… With exceptions for some jobs, background checks are not allowed to include arrests older than seven years that don’t end in convictions (or be used by employers for consideration). In some states (including Texas), even convictions older than seven years can’t be reported (with exceptions for some jobs) or used when considering employment.

This obviously doesn’t apply to Beard.

20 minutes ago, KingBobo81 said:

If you wonder what shows up in background checks - for jobs that pay less than $75k… With exceptions for some jobs, background checks are not allowed to include arrests older than seven years that don’t end in convictions (or be used by employers for consideration). In some states (including Texas), even convictions older than seven years can’t be reported (with exceptions for some jobs) or used when considering employment.

This obviously doesn’t apply to Beard.

You just gave every aggy a tiny erection.  They’re gonna land Beard for 74k per. 

ADF94C9E-4889-49B5-AEE5-C7BCA060A054.gif

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

I wonder if this were Shaka, our rival fans would be clamoring for his head before all the facts came out. There are tech/tcu turds on twitter who are pestering CDC multiple times every time he tweets. People who are opining on this terrible situation are biased one way or the other.

The administration has a responsibility to the stakeholders to make sure they don't make a hasty decision that may turn out to be costly. Beard is a top tier coach who is an alum and very well liked by the top brass. This process was never going to be hasty no matter the optics.

Edit: Everyone has skeletons in their closet. People who act holier-than-thou are full of shit. You're lucky your skeletons haven't been discovered... yet.

Firing Beard doesn't do anybody any good, if he and his fiancee are willing to work something out. Maybe she takes a payday and they split and life goes on provided Beard doesn't have a history of violence. If you fire him, who does it help other than our rivals? The victim is kicked to the street with no money and the university loses a great coach. Beard may find another job soon, so he will be the least affected by this.

If this had been another big 12 coach I’m sure the majority of this board would have been out for his head.  It’s a shame that the university has to deal with an issue like this one. 

16 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

The “if the cops show up, someone is going to jail” policy almost assuredly resulted in fewer calls than there otherwise would have been. Maybe taking someone to jail is sometimes the right answer. Maybe “get your shit and go to a hotel until y’all cool off” is sometimes the right answer. There are very few instances in which a blanket policy is the right answer. 

Erring on the side of overreaction isn’t without cost any more than erring on the side of underreaction is. It’s a hard damned problem. 

That really helped Gabby Petito. The thing is that everything pointed to her as the instigator of that day’s problems but they were codependent and if they had actually filed charges against someone she might be alive today. 

The fact this has gone to the calling the police stage is a good sign that they need to split regardless of the outcome here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

If this had been another big 12 coach I’m sure the majority of this board would have been out for his head.  It’s a shame that the university has to deal with an issue like this one. 

Bill Self or Scott Drew?  Fire their ass yesterday.  The guy at KState?  Who gives a fuck.

• Haha 2

I haven't seen this discussed and have read most of the pages, but one thing sticks out to me from Randi's statement

"Chris and I are deeply saddened that we have brought negative attention upon our family, friends and the University of Texas, among others. As Chris' fiancée and biggest supporter, I apologize for the role I played in this unfortunate event. I realize that my frustration, when breaking his glasses, initiated a physical struggle between Chris and myself. Chris did not strangle me, and I told that to law enforcement that evening. Chris has stated that he was acting in self-defense, and I do not refute that. I do not believe Chris was trying to intentionally harm me in any way. It was never my intent to have him arrested or prosecuted. We appreciate everyone's support and prayers during this difficult time."

She is accusing the responding police of lying on their arrest affidavit.  That's a pretty strong statement, and not just a "he didn't hit me, it was all a misunderstanding."  If the police did, in fact, lie on the arrest affidavit they should also be investigated.

29 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

That really helped Gabby Petito. The thing is that everything pointed to her as the instigator of that day’s problems but they were codependent and if they had actually filed charges against someone she might be alive today. 

The fact this has gone to the calling the police stage is a good sign that they need to split regardless of the outcome here. 

Maybe taking someone to jail is sometimes the right answer. 

I mean, sure, if you pick and choose parts of what I wrote, ignore other parts, and throw in some 20/20 hindsight, it's all golden. If you have the perfect solution to every situation, your talent is being wasted here.

4 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I haven't seen this discussed and have read most of the pages, but one thing sticks out to me from Randi's statement

"Chris and I are deeply saddened that we have brought negative attention upon our family, friends and the University of Texas, among others. As Chris' fiancée and biggest supporter, I apologize for the role I played in this unfortunate event. I realize that my frustration, when breaking his glasses, initiated a physical struggle between Chris and myself. Chris did not strangle me, and I told that to law enforcement that evening. Chris has stated that he was acting in self-defense, and I do not refute that. I do not believe Chris was trying to intentionally harm me in any way. It was never my intent to have him arrested or prosecuted. We appreciate everyone's support and prayers during this difficult time."

She is accusing the responding police of lying on their arrest affidavit.  That's a pretty strong statement, and not just a "he didn't hit me, it was all a misunderstanding."  If the police did, in fact, lie on the arrest affidavit they should also be investigated.

It may be a question of how "strangle" is legally defined in this situation versus how the word is commonly used. A lot of things count as "strangling" here, not just "choking someone out."

"When he was holding your arms against your chest, was it hard for you to breathe?" 

"Yes."

"Ah, he 'strangled' her."

She may have been describing something that wasn't, in her mind, strangling, but in the cops' it was. Or not.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Maybe taking someone to jail is sometimes the right answer. 

I mean, sure, if you pick and choose parts of what I wrote, ignore other parts, and throw in some 20/20 hindsight, it's all golden. If you have the perfect solution to every situation, your talent is being wasted here.

WTF?  
I quoted your whole message and responded to a part. You are right about taking a measured response and having no leeway for judgement calls is bad. 

my point is Beard and Trew need to say goodbye and be done with each other because they apparently don’t have a healthy relationship. Sure I’m making a blanket statement but the evidence supports my assumption. 

Just now, TexasEd said:

WTF?  
I quoted your whole message and responded to a part. You are right about taking a measured response and having no leeway for judgement calls is bad. 

my point is Beard and Trew need to say goodbye and be done with each other because they apparently don’t have a healthy relationship. Sure I’m making a blanket statement but the evidence supports my assumption. 

Right, but I already said that taking someone to jail is sometimes the right answer. Not doing so is definitely a risk. So is doing so. Maybe at the extremes the answer either way is clear but in most cases it probably isn't.

As far as being done, I agree that it looks like that would be the reasonable decision. Even if Beard is fully exonerated, if he stays with her and this happens again, fire him while he's in jail. 

• Fuck You 1

31 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

You don't have to strangle someone to get the add on from what I understand. Impeding breathing or circulation in any way can get that put on.  So potentially they could've added that for grabbing her by the wrists if in doing so he could've impeded blood circulation.  So she could be telling the truth and the cops could not be lying although they may have embellished about that to add that charge on. 

Edited by chemHORN

2 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

You don't have to strangle someone to get the add on from what I understand. Impeding breathing or circulation in any way can get that put on.  So potentially they could've added that for grabbing her by the wrists if in doing so he could've impeded blood circulation.  So she could be telling the truth and the cops could not be lying although they may have embellished about that to add that charge on. 

That makes sense, the most obvious to me is if he was basically bear hugging her to get her to stop and in squeezing made it hard to breathe.  Either way, found it interesting how strong the statement was considering that statement was certainly written by a lawyer.

19 hours ago, CTC2 said:

That’s just it. I don’t know. Maybe it’s her hiding under the bed sounding genuinely scared. It’s a data point that will be revealed.  

Police are usually priority dispatched based on details the dispatcher receives from the caller. It’s highly unlikely that the situation would be one as you described and police took 2 hours to get there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Cops embellish all the time in Offense reports.  The slightest bit of resistance when handcuffing someone will get wrote up as a life and death struggle that means an assaulting a peace officer charge will be added.

Yep. Few documents are less reliable than a police report, which is why it’s hilarious to see so many people in this thread take the arrest affidavit as fact. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, EuroHorn said:

Not if that coach was Venables! Surely you understand why fans get up to get some rival coaches fired more than others.

28 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yep. Few documents are less reliable than a police report, which is why it’s hilarious to see so many people in this thread take the arrest affidavit as fact. 

I've seen 3 kinds of posters in this thread:

1.) The people who think (as per his contract) he should be fired just for the felony arrest.
2.) The people who think beard acted in self-defense.
3.) The people who want him retained no matter what happened. 

I have read every page and haven't seen anyone assert that they know the entirety of the arrest affidavit is factually correct. What goes on in your mind is God's own private mystery. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

1.) The people who think (as per his contract) he should be fired just for the felony arrest.

I don't think you're reading the room very well there, Ace.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Paco said:
1 hour ago, JFKFC said:
I have read every page and haven't seen anyone assert that they know the entirety of the arrest affidavit is factually correct. What goes on in your mind is God's own private mystery. 

What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/28/2022 at 6:26 PM, Doc Daneeka said:

The “if the cops show up, someone is going to jail” policy almost assuredly resulted in fewer calls than there otherwise would have been. Maybe taking someone to jail is sometimes the right answer. Maybe “get your shit and go to a hotel until y’all cool off” is sometimes the right answer. There are very few instances in which a blanket policy is the right answer. 

Erring on the side of overreaction isn’t without cost any more than erring on the side of underreaction is. It’s a hard damned problem. 

If they don’t take someone when called, and something happens after they leave, they will be sued in civil court 9/10 times. This ship sailed long ago, someone is almost always taking a ride. 

If they don’t take someone when called, and something happens after they leave, they will be sued in civil court 9/10 times. This ship sailed long ago, someone is almost always taking a ride. 

Who is “they?” The cops? Good luck with that. There are issues getting past qualified immunity when they kill people and steal. Getting past it on a judgment call is a much steeper hill.

Here is what I know. Not charging you $9.95 so don’t care if you believe it or not.  Don’t really care if you want to pick it apart as true or not true. 
If the DA indicts, he’s gone.  They will not hang around for the disposition of the case. 
If not, they are open to keeping him. 
They believe that finding the right guy is hard. There is no doubt that Beard was the right guy.  However, they also believe that we have all the institutional advantages to attract a really good coach if we are forced to.  My personal response to this is:  see football, but I’m not a decision maker. 
As I have said before, it is all up to what happens with the DA.  Those of you who want him to stay should be hoping for a no bill or a refusal to proceed. Those of you that want him gone need to hope for a felony indictment. Not sure of what happens if he is just charged with a misdemeanor. 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 12/29/2022 at 12:49 PM, JFKFC said:

4.) The Dutch 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I don't want him to stay if he choked a bitch. And I loved the guy. 

How do I determine whether that really happened or not? I have no idea. So then as a rabid fan I either get him as the head coach, not knowing whether he choked or physically abused his fiancee in a meaningful way, or he gets fired, possibly not having done those things, and the program moves on. 

Beyond that, the team either does really well for the rest of the year, and we get Rodney Terry as the head coach for the next 5 years until he's fired for incompetence - which is what will happen - or we play hiring roulette at the end of the year with a very small chance of hiring someone who is a better fit for this job than pre felony assault arrest Chris Beard. 

Honestly it's just a joyous time all the way around. And of course, at the end of the day I'm just a fan. There are a lot of people materially affected by all of this in ways much more fundamentally than I am. But that doesn't mean I'm not affected at all. It all sucks. And frankly, regardless of his role in this, I'm pissed at Beard for it, because it is ultimately his fault regardless of what he did or didn't do that evening. 

In my opinion, the powers that be are way too overconfident in their ability to find a coach as good or better. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

In my opinion, the powers that be are way too overconfident in their ability to find a coach as good or better. 

More like stupid because if Beard gets the boot, don't be shocked when we bring in Calipari, overpay the shit out of him, and set the program back to 2020 by the time he retires.

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi