Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

-i have no idea what a "purposely authoritative nugget" is

-i did give further comment

-"for zero reason"- motown constantly having my name in his mouth and trolling me for years is "zero reason." motown singling out my post after 3-4 other said the exact same thing = zero reason. okie dokie rex.

motown has spent a wildly inordinate amount of time on this board speaking derisively to/about both me and rick barnes. he trolls me me sport. he's been going out of his way to do so for years, and that's not a secret or breaking news. so even if his question was legitimately an honest one (which it wasn't), when *that dude* singles me out, and in such a disingenuous way ("but what is derka saying when he says that beard is probably gone?!?"), he gets zero benefit of the doubt.

Yep

4 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

So what is Derka saying is supposed to happen today exactly? And for what reason?

i mean look at this stupid shit. if you believe this is an earnest post then i have a bridge to sell you. after multiple people have said they're hearing beard is probably fine and that it could be announced soon, i chime in yesterday to say that what i'm hearing matches what they're hearing, ie that beard is probably gone and that it's possible we could hear as much as early as today.

"So WhAT BiG eVeNT iS HaPpENinG ToDaY? AnD WhY???"

gee, i have no idea. "i too am hearing that beard is probably gone and that we could hear about it as soon as tomorrow." who, what an absolutely indecipherable message from derka! what could that possibly mean? and WHY??? 

eirher motown was (successfully) trying to get a rise out of me or he is the dumbest motherfucker on the planet. he can come clean and reveal the truth if he feels like it, but this whole, "whoa whoa whoa bro, i'm just asking a simple honest question" act is as transparent as it is stupid. and that's all i have to say in the matter: as willie d would say: no mo talk.

Edited by shadow_operative

21 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i mean look at this stupid shit. if you believe this is an earnest post then i have a bridge to sell you. after multiple people have said they're hearing beard is probably fine and that it could be announced soon, i chime in yesterday to say that what i'm hearing matches what they're hearing, ie that beard is probably gone and that it's possible we could hear as much as early as today.

gee, i have no idea. "i too am hearing that beard is probably gone and that we could hear about it as soon as tomorrow." who, what an absolutely indecipherable message from derka! what could that possibly mean? and WHY??? 

eirher motown was (successfully) trying to get a rise out of me or he is the dumbest motherfucker on the planet. he can come clean and reveal the truth if he feels like it, but this whole, "whoa whoa whoa bro, i'm just asking a simple honest question" act is as transparent as it is stupid. and that's all i have to say in the matter: as willie d would say: no mo talk.

Right?

Big hypothetical, but what if Terry got the team's shit together and they ended up 3rd in the Big XII and Elite 8 in the tourney.  Would you offer him a short-term contract then as a reward?  Or still clean house?  Obviously we're probably heading towards 9-9 in the league and don't make it out of the first weekend of the Big Dance. 

2018 rebuilding year coming off our worst season in 35 years.  Then rebuild again when Shaka leaves in 2021.  Now another rebuild likely coming in 2023.  Not a good look.  Always fun to pontificate who's transferring after this season and we're not even in fucking mid-January yet.    

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

Big hypothetical, but what if Terry got the team's shit together and they ended up 3rd in the Big XII and Elite 8 in the tourney.  Would you offer him a short-term contract then as a reward?  Or still clean house?  Obviously we're probably heading towards 9-9 in the league and don't make it out of the first weekend of the Big Dance. 

2018 rebuilding year coming off our worst season in 35 years.  Then rebuild again when Shaka leaves in 2021.  Now another rebuild likely coming in 2023.  Not a good look.  Always fun to pontificate who's transferring after this season and we're not even in fucking mid-January yet.    

No.

You still do a thorough coaching search.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Beard or whoever was always going to have to turn over the roster in 2023.  We are going to be decimated between the COVID seniors out of eligibility and any potential draft jumpers. 

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Bring back Beard. 

Last night was torture to watch. They laid down on the defensive side and spread the cheeks all night. There was zero fight or toughness in that team last night. WTF is Terry doing to them?

By the looks of their defensive play, I'd say Terry! is backing them up, Terry's putting the team in reverse!

for the record, they do this shit all the time because always something at one of the ~15 campuses has an issue that needs addressing, but the Board of Regent's committee on Audit, Compliance, and Risk Management has moved their next meeting up a bit.  Could be anything, some spreadsheet at UT-PB didn't add up, wont' really know until the broader board meets 22 Feb.  Holiday break is over, 22 February looms large for final decisions if there's to be a buyout.  so there's about 6 week window here where the final recs have to be made if a buyout/dismissal will take place.  That's over CDC's paygrade.  And I keep forgetting about that pesky thing called the legal system hearing happening between now and then, too.  We need an XL tracker for this.   

3 hours ago, CTC2 said:

Not saying this isn’t true but everyone in the Germania Club thinks they know stuff. Just last night I would have someone profess he was coming back and then five min later someone would say the opposite. 
I will say that for the first time I noticed that people were openly saying that they wanted him back and that this year is shaping up to be a huge missed opportunity. 

Oh I get it.  Let's just say that the conversation involved someone very, very high in Belmont.  A guy in a burnt orange suit if you will.  I was keeping my poor ass head down just hoping for a future invite. 

22 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

No

22 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

No. 

Csb but a good friend was on Terry's staff at fresno. Terry is not the guy. /csb

1 minute ago, Felix said:

Oh I get it.  Let's just say that the conversation involved someone very, very high in Belmont.  A guy in a burnt orange suit if you will.  I was keeping my poor ass head down just hoping for a future invite. 

That particular person seemed like he did not have a care in the world. I guess it’s a good poker face.  Also, I don’t like burnt orange coat he was wearing. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

You should put all this energy into writing a novel or something. At least start a blog. 

31 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Big hypothetical, but what if Terry got the team's shit together and they ended up 3rd in the Big XII and Elite 8 in the tourney. 

I mean. We haven't been to the EE in 15 years. 

It might depend on who all is available at that point. If you conduct a search and don't love your options then maybe try again next season and let Terry ride it out for another year. 

But I don't see this team doing either of those things. 

4 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

You should put all this energy into writing a novel or something. At least start a blog. 

What’s actually impressive to me is that he does it all from a phone. I would lose interest after the first paragraph and insult your mother instead. Derka’s got staying power for sure. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

That particular person seemed like he did not have a care in the world. I guess it’s a good poker face.  Also, I don’t like burnt orange coat he was wearing. 

It's not his best one for sure.  He seemed pretty chill but I suspect that's his general "schmoozing donors" face. 

7 minutes ago, JGHorn said:

From a well known hot shot attorney on OB.....

The case will likely be dismissed in due course but Texas will not allow him back and that the decision goes all the way up to Eltife's desk. The details of his exit are all that remain. 

This was my prediction 3500 posts ago on the day of.  Anyone who has observed how this university operates for any significant length of time knew this was in the cards.   Notwithstanding all the “fuck that noise” posts.  I thought we were in for a great 15 year run too and fucking hate it.  The rest of this season will be kind of a shit sandwich.  Then on to he next guy. 

• Rage+1 1

56 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Bring back Beard. 

Last night was torture to watch. They laid down on the defensive side and spread the cheeks all night. There was zero fight or toughness in that team last night. WTF is Terry doing to them?

probably trying to play nice to prevent transfers, hoping the seniors take charge, and working on his resume...

18 minutes ago, JGHorn said:

From a well known hot shot attorney on OB.....

The case will likely be dismissed in due course but Texas will not allow him back and that the decision goes all the way up to Eltife's desk. The details of his exit are all that remain. 

I guess we're done here then.

8 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

This was my prediction 3500 posts ago on the day of.  Anyone who has observed how this university operates for any significant length of time knew this was in the cards.   Notwithstanding all the “fuck that noise” posts.  I thought we were in for a great 15 year run too and fucking hate it.  The rest of this season will be kind of a shit sandwich.  Then on to he next guy. 

Yep. Sucks for us and Beard, but he absolutely embarrassed the University and Texas shouldn’t be more concerned with winning over reputation. Whether he instigated it or not, he responded to Randi in a way he shouldn’t, especially as a representative of the state’s flagship school. Personal conduct clauses are in the contracts for a reason. 

Someone else will take a flyer on him, but he’s damaged goods to the admin here. He practically put CDC into witness protection, it was so bad. Hope CDC didn’t throw away his “emergency list” of coaching candidates he should have for every sport, just in case. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

i can't believe i have to explain this to grown adults, but in response to the people whining about the cryptic nature of my post and the posts from others which preceded mine, here's some Inside Info 101 for you: sources stop telling you things if you go blabbing all of the details all over the internet. those of us with info will share what we can, and will let the "hotshot attorney from OB's" of the world be the one to spill the beans when they see fit.

what you as the reader of said semi-cryptic info have to do is determine the credibility of the person giving you this information. if this person has given reliable info in the past then you should probably tend to believe them; if they haven't then you shouldn't. either way, whining about free info is stupid, and you absolutely should be able to "read between the lines" when the info you're getting is, "chris beard is probably not returning."  be grateful for the info, and stop whining that it isn't specific enough for your liking.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yep. Sucks for us and Beard, but he absolutely embarrassed the University and Texas shouldn’t be more concerned with winning over reputation. Whether he instigated it or not, he responded to Randi in a way he shouldn’t, especially as a representative of the state’s flagship school. Personal conduct clauses are in the contracts for a reason. 

Someone else will take a flyer on him, but he’s damaged goods to the admin here. He practically put CDC into witness protection, it was so bad. Hope CDC didn’t throw away his “emergency list” of coaching candidates he should have for every sport, just in case. 

When he's got Auburn or Mississippi St in the final four three years from now, I can't be held responsible for my actions. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

i can't believe i have to explain this to grown adults, but in response to the people whining about the cryptic nature of my post and the posts from others which preceded mine, here's some Inside Info 101 for you: sources stop telling you things if you go blabbing all of the details all over the internet. those of us with info will share what we can, and will let the "hotshot attorney from OB's" of the world be the one to spill the beans when they see fit.
what you as the reader of said semi-cryptic info have to do is determine the credibility of the person giving you this information. if this person has given reliable info in the past then you should probably tend to believe them; if they haven't then you shouldn't. either way, whining about free info is stupid, and you absolutely should be able to "read between the lines" when the info you're getting is, "chris beard is probably not returning."  be grateful for the info, and stop whining that it isn't specific enough for your liking.

0a2f628af98e34153b203bc003556037.gif
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

When he's got Auburn or Mississippi St in the final four three years from now, I can't be held responsible for my actions. 

I have zero complaints about UT firing him but this is the part that makes my stomach turn. 

CDC needs to make the best hire in the history of the program on back-to-back occasions. Regardless of what anyone thinks about CDC what are the odds? 

The next guy could be as good as Barnes and it would still leave a shitty taste in everyone's mouth. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I have zero complaints about UT firing him but this is the part that makes my stomach turn. 

CDC needs to make the best hire in the history of the program on back-to-back occasions. Regardless of what anyone thinks about CDC what are the odds? 

The next guy could be as good as Barnes and it would still leave a shitty taste in everyone's mouth. 

It would suck. It will probably happen. Look at Mack and Rick. It is what it is. CDC, like you said, has to nail this hire. Luckily for him, it wasn’t an issue with “us” or “Texas” that got Beard fired. Beard got Beard fired.  

• Like 1

Rodney Terry would be roughly #25 on my list of "up and comers".  (God forbid I mention the previously mentioned candidate who flipped the board upside down and inside out.)

Assuming of course that Derka and the others are correct in the implication that a firing is imminent.

If Beard is gone, and I'm OK with that, our future just took a probabalistic nosedive.  C'est la vie.

1 hour ago, Kennythetiger said:

What’s actually impressive to me is that he does it all from a phone. I would lose interest after the first paragraph and insult your mother instead. Derka’s got staying power for sure. 

You suck at using the phone, boomer. 

7 hours ago, Felix said:

I don't know anything but I was at the game last night as a guest of a BMD and was privy to a conversation in the Germania club that jibes with what Derka said.  I'm no longer optimistic that we'll be able to keep him.  As most have said, the over riding factor is what's best for The University. 

That being said, I trust Del Conte to make the best hire possible and it won't be Terry.

The fuck do the GD Germans have to do with any of this shit?!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Fuck no. Terry would be a horrible hire as a HC regardless of how this season goes. 

• Hook 'Em 3

We'll see what happens. But if the charges get dropped and they still move on from arguably the best coach in the country it's just a giant red neon sign that they aren't 100 percent in to win a title. Pretty clear why this university has never won one despite the excellent resources and recruiting base for the sport. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

We'll see what happens. But if the charges get dropped and they still move on from arguably the best coach in the country it's just a giant red neon sign that they aren't 100 percent in to win a title. Pretty clear why this university has never won one despite the excellent resources and recruiting base for the sport. 

tenor-188895058.gif.e4dfb0b09509d6506ca19dbe72128b76.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Here’s a guy that has zero idea of how this university (and most organizations) works yet shows his ass at every opportunity. The charges being dropped being dropped mean nothing in the scheme of things. 

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

This. Burns my ass. Friggin A&M’s DC killed someone and they just hired Bobby Petrino. 
Would not at all surprise me to see them fire Williams at the end of the season and hire Beard. 
We don’t need to be the moral beacon for college athletics. We act like we are too good for it or above the fray. How about some conference championships first?

Edited by CTC2
  • Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

He's going to succeed wildly somewhere. I can guarantee you that. 

Well, he fucked himself here and fucked this University by making stupid ass choices.

So I could give a rats ass what he does at Mississippi State or Auburn or UTRGV or Odessa Junior College or wherever he ends up after the PR shitstorm dies down. He won't be unhirable if the charges are dropped but it's damn sure going to follow him for the rest of his career.

He has no one to blame but himself.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 2

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi