Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

10 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

A DV charge and firing from your dream job wasn't in his history either but they happened. 

The ability to prevent those things lands squarely on his shoulders. He did not take the necessary steps to prevent either of those things from happening. Once they did happen, he had an opportunity to apologize and appear genuinely remorseful. He has also done neither of those things.

41 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

I know it's extremely unlikely, but if CDC misses his top targets, re-hiring Beard should be on the table (before hiring RT). There won't be as much media backlash since Texas originally did the "right thing" by firing him when the DV allegations came out. Now Texas can say Beard has been cleared by the authorities and Texas' own investigations haven't found anything to incriminate him either. This can only work if Beard makes a sincere public apology and appears genuinely remorseful.

I’m sure Chris Beard would be over the moon excited to come back to work for the university that fired him.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, royiv said:

The ability to prevent those things lands squarely on his shoulders. He did not take the necessary steps to prevent either of those things from happening. Once they did happen, he had an opportunity to apologize and appear genuinely remorseful. He has also done neither of those things.

I find it hard to believe that someone with a felony charge hanging over his head apologizes for anything until that charge gets dismissed. Apologies by there very nature are admissions of guilt. No attorney would let their client do that... 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

I find it hard to believe that someone with a felony charge hanging over his head apologizes for anything until that charge gets dismissed. Apologies by there very nature are admissions of guilt. No attorney would let their client do that... 

As has been discussed many times earlier on this thread, he could have apologized for creating a distraction and bringing bad publicity to the university without admitting guilt. Regardless of a conviction, Beard can't deny that he was a party to bringing bad publicity. Dude was literally videotaped in prison garb while being instructed by a judge. No Longhorn fan has ever seen anything like it. 

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

It happens all the time. Something along the lines of, “while I look forward to clearing my name, I want to express my sincere apologies to the team, the university and the fans for the distraction. Yada, yada, yada.” Zero admission of guilt there and a good PR expert and attorney could craft a statement like that in 10 minutes or less. There’s 100’s of examples that they could just CTRL-C, CTRL-V into a press release template.

• Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, royiv said:

It happens all the time. Something along the lines of, “while I look forward to clearing my name, I want to express my sincere apologies to the team, the university and the fans for the distraction. Yada, yada, yada.” Zero admission of guilt there and a good PR expert and attorney could craft a statement like that in 10 minutes or less. There’s 100’s of examples that they could just CTRL-C, CTRL-V into a press release template.

Agreed.  He should have hired a lawyer and a PR firm before the sun came up that fateful day.

There is an apocryphal story about Jerry Jones getting the advice to hire a PR firm the day he bought the Cowboys and fired Tom Landry. 

Edited by DalTxHornFan
  • Hook 'Em 2

Beard was done the moment he got arrested. No way that this university is keeping on staff a man who has hurt a woman, even if this got cleared. As a matter of fact, except Rapelor, there aren’t many places that would even entertain letting go ever get near campus ever again.

• Hook 'Em 3

13 hours ago, naija said:

Do people really think the decision was made without considering the strong possibility that the charges would be dropped? In that same vein, if you thought he should be fired before, why would this change your mind?

It seems like Texas did it right here. They suspended him and, presumably, took the time to do a full investigation and determined that they had to fire him. There may not have been enough to convict, but that is a very high standard of evidence. It shouldn't take actually being sent to prison to determine that behavior crossed a line that a UT Head Coach shouldn't cross.

This whole situation, and the moaning that happens every time the basketball team fucking loses a game (as if we were going undefeated with Beard or some shit, that whole 10-8 Big 12 record last year and the loss to Illinois? Nothing to see here, a national championship was assured and we were definitely going to dominate forever ALL GONE NOW!!! OH NOS!) is so insufferable. Because there is nothing this team can do in real life that can match the fantasy hypothetical glory we earned with Beard as Head Coach. The dude was fucking John Wooden for the 21st century and now we are doomed forever. Fuck fantasy hypothetical bullshit, I only care about the things the team actually does. 

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I know this is real crystal ball stuff, but:

1. Texas would never make an offer to rehire Beard

2.  he wouldn't accept it if we did

Yep.  More likely Tom Penders would come back.  Not gonna happen.

Also think the Terry stuff is losing a lot of momentum, if it was ever there in the first place.

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

There’s no indication the Terry stuff is losing momentum. It’s still high.

And we need to start accepting that.

Because the media shills for him and Kurt posted that article that was a big nothingburger of CDC using the most standard response ever to answer the question about RT's candidacy?

It's going to come down to tournament performance. 1 and done? Not a chance, his office will be packed by the time the team gets back to Austin.  2 and done? Unlikely he's going to get the job unless CDC strikes out on every other hire and maybe it's a 3 year deal instead of 5. S16? More likely, but as a a backup if the top 2-3 choices say no. E8 or better?  Yeah, probably going to get that 5 year deal. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Js1 said:

Because the media shills for him and Kurt posted that article that was a big nothingburger of CDC using the most standard response ever to answer the question about RT's candidacy?

It's going to come down to tournament performance. 1 and done? Not a chance, his office will be packed by the time the team gets back to Austin.  2 and done? Unlikely he's going to get the job unless CDC strikes out on every other hire. S16? More likely, but as a a backup to the top 2-3 choices. E8 or better?  Yeah, probably going to get a 5 year deal with a cheap buyout. 

Charlie would still be the HC if the media had its way

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Pancho said:

There’s no indication the Terry stuff is losing momentum. It’s still high.

And we need to start accepting that.

What indication has Terry ever shown he can properly build a team to compete for a title the way Beard has done? That's too risky to hire a coach who hasn't shown he can both evaluate and recruit to build a contender. 

If they fuck this up the way Tech fucked up we'll be irrelevant in the SEC from the jump. These charges getting dropped was inevitable once she publicly recanted her allegations and precisely why it was so shockingly stupid when they fired him prematurely. They're going to wish they didn't if they don't get an absolute home run hire this spring. 

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It's going to come down to tournament performance. 1 and done? Not a chance, his office will be packed by the time the team gets back to Austin.  2 and done? Unlikely he's going to get the job unless CDC strikes out on every other hire and maybe it's a 3 year deal instead of 5. S16? More likely, but as a a backup if the top 2-3 choices say no. E8 or better?  Yeah, probably going to get that 5 year deal. 

I’m not even talking about Kurt. I don’t listen to him. The national media loves RT and thinks he should have been given the perm position weeks ago. 

I don’t even know that 1 and done means Terry is fa sho gone. I mean, it’s Texas we’re talking about. 

I will say a friend and I were talking and he mentioned what if UT gave Terry that pay bump because it was a “thanks for your years of service at UT and you deserve this from us” because CDC (thru backchannels) has his guy. I think about that often and hope it’s true. I’ve gone negative since Oats signed his deal because he was my #1.

Baby Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

I will say a friend and I were talking and he mentioned what if UT gave Terry that pay bump because it was a “thanks for your years of service at UT and you deserve this from us” because CDC (thru backchannels) has his guy. I think about that often and hope it’s true.

morgan freeman quote GIF

9 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

Are you even a Texas fan? You only show up here to bash Beard. What's your deal, dude?

I’m not a big negger…

Mike Tyson Smile GIF

…but I’ll neg every one of his posts on this forum for the way he acted like a petulant little bitch when he wasn’t getting his way and Beard wasn’t fired after every 30 minutes that went by. Christ, what a beating. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

I will say a friend and I were talking and he mentioned what if UT gave Terry that pay bump because it was a “thanks for your years of service at UT and you deserve this from us” because CDC (thru backchannels) has his guy. I think about that often and hope it’s true. I’ve gone negative since Oats signed his deal because he was my #1.

This makes sense to me. The pay bump is to say "Kudos for keeping the team together, but we will go in a different direction once the season is over. Hope there are no hard feelings."

13 hours ago, slorch said:

weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Would Tech take Beard back?

3 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

This makes sense to me. The pay bump is to say "Kudos for keeping the team together, but we will go in a different direction once the season is over. Hope there are no hard feelings."

Would Tech take Beard back?

Probably would and if they beat us again with Beard, Lubbock would literally explode 

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi