Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

5 minutes ago, TxTower said:

Anyone who hires him with Batshit Crazy Randi in tow is playing Russian Roulette.

Well, I'd respond that every hire is Russian Roulette to some extent. 

Also, the events of that night didn't occur because everything in that relationship was going swimmingly. Disregarding the obvious accusations of domestic abuse, simply the scene painted prior to those alleged occurrences didn't paint a rosy picture for the two of them staying together.

And in the end, he's the one who chose to be with her and stick with her for all this time. Who is to say his judgment is better with the next one, if they do break up?

At the end of the day the guy knows how to put together a winning basketball team. It's amazing how much that can overshadow any other perceived or real character flaws. 

I'll say this, though. I'm rooting for some kind of implosion at his next stop, as long as no one gets hurt. I know that much. 

2 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

This makes sense to me. The pay bump is to say "Kudos for keeping the team together, but we will go in a different direction once the season is over. Hope there are no hard feelings."

Would Tech take Beard back?

I doubt it. It would make for great theater though.  I feel like that ship has sailed and much of what made it such a great fit the first time is broken. He went scorched earth internally with the program when he left.  people can forgive, but they won't give him another cut at it.

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Probably would and if they beat us again with Beard, Lubbock would literally explode 

It would be unlike anything we've ever seen in sports.  If Beard ever coaches at the USA again, it'll be as the visiting corch.

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

And that’s fine. But any second guessing of UT’s handling would be annoying.

Character is doing what's right when nobody's around.  It sometimes requires ignoring the naysayers who might question those actions.

In the end, fuck everybody else.  Texas can look in the "mirror" and know they did what was right.

At that point, you don't look back any more.  Focus on the prize going forward. Sometimes your integrity just has to be enough.

Edited by slorch

14 minutes ago, slorch said:

I doubt it. It would make for great theater though.  I feel like that ship has sailed and much of what made it such a great fit the first time is broken. He went scorched earth internally with the program when he left.  people can forgive, but they won't give him another cut at it.

It would be unlike anything we've ever seen in sports.  If Beard ever coaches at the USA again, it'll be as the visiting corch.

Tech taking Beard back would be the ultimate self own and lack of self respect.

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

I’m not even talking about Kurt. I don’t listen to him. The national media loves RT and thinks he should have been given the perm position weeks ago. 

I don’t even know that 1 and done means Terry is fa sho gone. I mean, it’s Texas we’re talking about. 

I will say a friend and I were talking and he mentioned what if UT gave Terry that pay bump because it was a “thanks for your years of service at UT and you deserve this from us” because CDC (thru backchannels) has his guy. I think about that often and hope it’s true. I’ve gone negative since Oats signed his deal because he was my #1.

Baby Reaction GIF

Who would be your realistic dream hire?

5 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I

This whole situation, and the moaning that happens every time the basketball team fucking loses a game (as if we were going undefeated with Beard or some shit, that whole 10-8 Big 12 record last year and the loss to Illinois? Nothing to see here, a national championship was assured and we were definitely going to dominate forever ALL GONE NOW!!! OH NOS!) is so insufferable. 

you are the one who is insufferable. a bunch of die hard UT hoops fans watch their team lose the best coach they've ever had and then watch their would-be NCAA Title contending team become demonstrably worse overnight and all you do is bitch and gripe and chastise us for being upset about it. whether you're insisting that terry is just as good as beard or whether you're angrily bitching that some of us lament the loss of beard and it's impending affect in the team, it's is you and your hall monitor shtick that is absolutely insufferable. we get it; we've heard you; you can stop wagging your finger in our face every two seconds now. christ. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Fine, let’s make everyone happy. 
Firing was absolutely the right thing.

All charges dropped.

Rehiring is now the right thing. Forget all that silly optics BS talk.

If Beard’s feelings are truly hurt that he made poor decisions and could have damaged a billion dollar brand, and the University did what that had to do, well, it’s business. So, ok let’s say it together, We’re all sorry! Now, Come back!

17 minutes ago, Helobious said:

TIL that UT’s greatest basketball coach of all time coached here for 1.25 seasons, won 0 conference titles, went 10-8 in career conference play here and won 1 NCAA tourney game. We may as well fold the basketball program. No one can ever top that.

rick barnes is the greatest coach in Texas history. beard was the best.

people who can't comprehend the difference in "greatest" and "best" are a huge fucking pet peeve of mine. it's not a difficult concept.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Step 1: Get placed on leave.

Step 2: Nothing is happening so just take the firing.

Step 3. Get Rod a pay bump

Step 4: Get the charges dismissed.

Step 5: Find out your UT EID so you can reapply for the opening occurring because you did Step 1.

Step 6: ????

Step 7: Profit.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Js1 said:

WHERE WAS THAT SECOND PARAGRAPH 2 MONTHS AGO?

Fucking asshole. Even if he didn’t mean it, too little too late 

Charges dropped. Contriteness. That's how it was always going to go down.

I mean, we'll hear it a lot more over the years. He'll probably lead in with it if he's ever coaching against UT again, which he likely will. 

I think Terry is a serviceable option in many categories, and he’s shown he can keep the plane in the air. He’d be a good gamble for a team like South Carolina, Washington, or a big east middle of the pack team … Texas needs a coach who is top of the food chain who will elevate the program to higher levels

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, VinyVango said:

I think Terry is a serviceable option in many categories, and he’s shown he can keep the plane in the air. He’d be a good gamble for a team like South Carolina, Washington, or a big east middle of the pack team … Texas needs a coach who is top of the food chain who will elevate the program to higher levels

Gene Hackman aint walking through that door.

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

rick barnes is the greatest coach in Texas history. beard was the best.

people who can't comprehend the difference in "greatest" and "best" are a huge fucking pet peeve of mine. it's not a difficult concept.

Sounds like the proper spelling debate between TrewlyOrganized.com vs TrewlyOrganised.com

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Charges dropped. Contriteness. That's how it was always going to go down.

I mean, we'll hear it a lot more over the years. He'll probably lead in with it if he's ever coaching against UT again, which he likely will. 

I wouldn't at all be surprised if we play against him when he lands at his new place and the ESPN narrative is "Beard can get revenge on the University that didn't have his back and fired him before his name was cleared and charges dropped". 

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Texas fans need to stop ruminating on the media, its reactions, and any future reactions.  The media doesn't matter.

They need to ruminate on the lawsuit that’s about to come from Beard’s team (a suit which beard will lose, but still). He’s not coming back and UT would be stupid to take him back.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Let's say you're a betting man, jimmyjazz. What are the chances of that happening? Forget Texas fans. Any fan base. 

1%

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

They need to ruminate on the lawsuit that’s about to come from Beard’s team (a suit which beard will lose, but still). He’s not coming back and UT would be stupid to take him back.

I think you misread my post.

Beard probably takes the L and moves on. First off you can ask Mike Leach’s family about how all that works out when you go after a state institution. But probably not in Beard’s best future employment opportunities to risk anything Texas uncovered in its investigation coming out in open court.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

TIL that UT’s greatest basketball coach of all time coached here for 1.25 seasons, won 0 conference titles, went 10-8 in career conference play here and won 1 NCAA tourney game. We may as well fold the basketball program. No one can ever top that.

That level of performance gets you extended as manager of the Yankees.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Pancho said:

My current conspiracy theory is Tech donors paid randi to do this because they were jealous and didn’t want Texas to be successful.

200.gif

Payback forTexas Illuminati leveraging Craig James.

11 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Beard probably takes the L and moves on. First off you can ask Mike Leach’s family about how all that works out when you go after a state institution. But probably not in Beard’s best future employment opportunities to risk anything Texas uncovered in its investigation coming out in open court.

Texas didn't uncover anything... 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 2:23 PM, shadow_operative said:

you are the one who is insufferable. a bunch of die hard UT hoops fans watch their team lose the best coach they've ever had and then watch their would-be NCAA Title contending team become demonstrably worse overnight and all you do is bitch and gripe and chastise us for being upset about it. whether you're insisting that terry is just as good as beard or whether you're angrily bitching that some of us lament the loss of beard and it's impending affect in the team, it's is you and your hall monitor shtick that is absolutely insufferable. we get it; we've heard you; you can stop wagging your finger in our face every two seconds now. christ. 

coming to america bk GIF

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi