Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I'm not sure which is dumber: speculating that Beard might coach at UT again or speculating that Brad Stevens might actually take our phone call.

We do have the most delusional, yet hilarious, coaching searches 

Bill Bellichek!

Brad Stevens!

Coach Pop!

Jay Wright!

Nick Saban!

Geno Auriemma!

We have the delusional (Stevens/Wright crowd), the depressed (Beard or no one crowd), the resigned (Terry crowd) and the apathetic (who cares, we are cursed), all posting in one thread for weeks or months 

Big Brother Popcorn GIF by Pop TV

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Bill Bellichek!

Brad Stevens!

Coach Pop!

Jay Wright!

Nick Saban!

Geno Auriemma!

We have the delusional (Stevens/Wright crowd), the depressed (Beard or no one crowd), the resigned (Terry crowd) and the apathetic (who cares, we are cursed), all posting in one thread for weeks or months 

Add:

Matt Painter

Dawn Staley 

Kirby Smart

Bill Self

Mark Few

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Bill Bellichek!

Brad Stevens!

Coach Pop!

Jay Wright!

Nick Saban!

Geno Auriemma!

Make them all say No. 

14 hours ago, Js1 said:

Bill Bellichek!

Brad Stevens!

Coach Pop!

Jay Wright!

Nick Saban!

Geno Auriemma!

Sounds like every coaching search, by every fan base to me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/16/2023 at 6:32 PM, Helobious said:

They need to ruminate on the lawsuit that’s about to come from Beard’s team (a suit which beard will lose, but still). He’s not coming back and UT would be stupid to take him back.

I was convinced that UT would be stupid to hire Beard back but now I am rethinking that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i know nothing but my predication is that he ends up coaching at louisville, a program with a rich history that has been absolute dogshit the past couple of years.  sound like the perfect landing spot for a good coach making a comeback from a situation caused by personal demons.

You think they’ll fire one of their NCAA championship alumni Payne (a both a player and assistant coach) after 1 year to hire a guy arrested for felony DV even though he wasn’t charged? Eesh 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Woke-Em.jpg

The amount of police hate on this board surprises me. But it's not just police hate. It's hate for anyone who doesn't hate the police. 

It's like there's some brand new dynamic that has never existed in human history ever before, where the agents of law enforcement sometimes abuse their powers. Instead, we're now - through the power of idealism - going to somehow eliminate that abuse for the first time ever since we started gathering as bipedal tribes in the first place. 

In any case, regardless of what the police report stated, there are plenty of decisions Chris Beard could have made over the last 6 years so that the police didn't come to his door and arrest him for felonious assault. There's no other head coach of a major program that's been arrested for a felony domestic violence charge in the history of college sports. How about not be the first? Blaming the police for the circumstances that caused the arrest is looking in the wrong direction, IMO. They didn't call themselves to the house, that's for sure. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

SLX is absolutely right when he says we should blame the person who called the police to the house.  So many domestic violence arrests could be avoided by simply not calling the police.  

How did I blame the person who called the police? I'm blaming Beard for getting into a situation where someone decided their best course of action was to call the police. You're misreading my post big time. 

Edit: I should also add that I do not believe the arrest affidavit is some kind of fictional account made up out of whole cloth by the police to justify the arrest in the first place. It's not for me to determine truth from fiction in there, and now that charges have been dismissed it won't be anyone's responsibility. But regardless of how much in there actually was the result of Beard physically abusing his fiancee, she had some reason to call the police. My position is he made decisions that led her to doing that. Even if it's because she's some kind of loon, as some people seem to want to portray her as. He still made the decision to be with someone who apparently was perfectly willing to call the police to the house while he's perfectly innocent of any wrongdoing. I don't believe that's what happened, but even if it is, he has responsibility for his choices. 

Frankly, IMO he should have at least left the house and not been there when the police arrived. At the least.

Edited by SL Xpress
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

no one is blaming the police for this.  that doesn't mean that police offers are not typically some of the most untrustworthy sources of information on the face of the planet.

I do not believe the police are any more untrustworthy in general than other people. They have a different level of agency, and therefore their untrustworthiness can be of greater import and can come under a greater level of scrutiny. 

It's the problem with putting anyone in some kind of power. They're now in power. But the alternative is having no one in power. That's not going to happen, either. 

And whether anyone is blaming the police for this or not, there is a sentiment that's widely expressed on this site that the police are automatically at fault in pretty much any situation. It's not that they're never at fault. Of course they are. People are drawn to positions of power for a reason. Being a part of the police force is inherently being in a position of power. But there is a lack of a benefit of the doubt which I do not share. And if I express the fact I do not share it, there is a certain amount of animosity directed towards me for having that opinion. Which I'm fine with, but a bit startled by. Particularly at how venomous and heartfelt it tends to be.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I was intentionally misreading it, based on your last couple of lines striking me as awkward. 

Ok, fair enough point.  The police didn’t create the situation.  Now he will say to place the blame on the person who created the situation …

The caller.

Well, you're entitled to interpret it any way you want. It is the caller's responsibility that the police came to the house. I don't see that as the inherent strike against someone's character you seem to think it shows. When I found an intruder in my home and I called the police, I was responsible for their eventual arrest. I don't think I did anything wrong in that situation. I'm not BLAMING her for calling. I'm BLAMING Chris Beard for entering into a situation where she felt the need to call the police, regardless of her reasons. I believe they were motivated by her being scared, because I don't think the arrest affidavit is a work of fiction. But for those who believe the police are completely untrustworthy and anything they say is complete fabrication, at the very least Chris Beard put himself in that situation in the first place. 

I feel like you're intentionally trying to interpret my post in the worst way possible, regardless of its intent, and I'm unsure of your motivation or reasoning.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I do not believe the police are any more untrustworthy in general than other people. They have a different level of agency, and therefore their untrustworthiness can be of greater import and can come under a greater level of scrutiny. 

It's the problem with putting anyone in some kind of power. They're now in power. But the alternative is having no one in power. That's not going to happen, either. 

And whether anyone is blaming the police for this or not, there is a sentiment that's widely expressed on this site that the police are automatically at fault in pretty much any situation. It's not that they're never at fault. Of course they are. People are drawn to positions of power for a reason. Being a part of the police force is inherently being in a position of power. But there is a lack of a benefit of the doubt which I do not share. And if I express the fact I do not share it, there is a certain amount of animosity directed towards me for having that opinion. Which I'm fine with, but a bit startled by. Particularly at how venomous and heartfelt it tends to be.

The problem is lack of accountability.

Now can we end this CR digression?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

The problem is lack of accountability.

Now can we end this CR digression?

Holding people accountable who have positions of power is not a new difficulty. It also won't eliminate the abuse of power. In fact, many times it creates an abuse of power in the ones who are holding others accountable if they're successful enough. 

It doesn't mean we should stop with any of these dynamics. We couldn't if we wanted to. There's a huge genetic/instinctual component in all of it. It's the idea we'll somehow put a stop to it once and for all if only we implement "XYZ" solution that I find laughable. Also, we do need some form of law enforcement, even if it doesn't meet someone's ideal of what that law enforcement should be. 

2 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

The amount of police hate on this board surprises me. But it's not just police hate. It's hate for anyone who doesn't hate the police. 

It's like there's some brand new dynamic that has never existed in human history ever before, where the agents of law enforcement sometimes abuse their powers. Instead, we're now - through the power of idealism - going to somehow eliminate that abuse for the first time ever since we started gathering as bipedal tribes in the first place. 

Jesus Christ, just shut up for once.

Edited by jimmyjazz

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi