Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

3 minutes ago, cafe society said:

This quaint notion that no bluebood other than Kentucky will ever hire Beard is laughably idiotic.  There's already talk of Pitino returning to a bigger program, and his dirty laundry list is longer than Beard's by several orbits of the earth.

Pitino's bullshit was 6 years ago and he took a pretty low profile NCAA job (Iona) after 3 seasons to rehab his image/let it die down. 

If Beard takes a similiar Iona-type job and is in the discussion to lead a blueblood in 2029/2023, okay.   

Pitino has left a trail of off color behavior at most of his coaching ports of call.  I don't for a second believe that Beard will be forced into a like atonement.
Wait until some of the ACC bluebloods experience a prolonged downturn in their basketball fortunes; and by prolonged, maybe two years.  They'll come calling.  And if Bill Self keeled over from a stroke tomorrow, KU would be negotiating with Beard within a week.  Same with Syracuse.  Let's check in on Villanova soon.  Kelvin Sampson retires unexpectedly?  Pfft...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't buy that at all.  Beard's head coaching stops:

Community college

Junior College

Semi-pro

McMurry University (D3)

Angelo State (D2)

Arkansas - Little Rock (D1)

Texas Tech (D1)

University of Texas (D1)

doesn't scream "journeyman" to me.  It screams "ladder climber" (and in a good way).

You are missing the stop at UNLV.  Lol. 

14 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Pitino has left a trail of off color behavior at most of his coaching ports of call.  I don't for a second believe that Beard will be forced into a like atonement.
Wait until some of the ACC bluebloods experience a prolonged downturn in their basketball fortunes; and by prolonged, maybe two years.  They'll come calling.  And if Bill Self keeled over from a stroke tomorrow, KU would be negotiating with Beard within a week.  Same with Syracuse.  Let's check in on Villanova soon.  Kelvin Sampson retires unexpectedly?  Pfft...

Gotdam.

Beard at U of H.  That would suck on many different levels.

3 hours ago, cafe society said:

I’m pretty sure UH agreed to a deal with Sampson that his son takes over when he retires. Could they go back on that deal for Beard? Probably, as none of us know the details of the deal.

Kellen has been linked to a few mid-major programs though

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

Let's put the bourbon and loaded handguns away shall we?

First - despite being in an upper, upper echelon Chris Beard is not the only good basketball coach in the country - even among those that will entertain the idea of coaching at Texas.

Second - a lot of you are underrating or choosing to be ignorant of how much of a fucking napalm-soaked trainwreck Shaka's tenure was here. We could hire a retarded, dead donkey to sit on the sidelines and it would probably win more than zero tournament games in six seasons at Texas. All the next coach has to do is show up to work and answer phone calls and Texas will get a 5 star every other cycle at a minimum. 

Third- Texas just built a brand-new, badass basketball arena that presents a legitimate, basically quantifiable HCA. And behind the scenes has a former player worth half a billion dollars that remains engaged with the program to a pretty high degree (not to mention all of the other former and current NBA players that hang around the program).

I don't think whoever the next coach is has a run as good as what Beard would have put together - but it's also much more likely that the next guy has a Barnes-type run or better rather than replicate whatever the fuck Shaka did here. 

Thanks for trying to make me feel better. It did not work but I appreciate it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

Sampson is going to navigate it so his son takes over for him, the same way Bob Knight did at Texas Tech, and Eddie Sutton did at OSU. 

Because Tilman Fertitta believes that would be best for Cougar High?  And with such great, shining examples of nepotism providing continued excellence, I have little doubt it's a done deal.  Right.  Kellen over Beard, I'm sure that would happen.

13 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Because Tilman Fertitta believes that would be best for Cougar High?  And with such great, shining examples of nepotism providing continued excellence, I have little doubt it's a done deal.  Right.  Kellen over Beard, I'm sure that would happen.

Well, personally I don't think Sampson is anywhere close to hanging it up, yet, even at his age. Fertitta isn't firing Sampson simply to hire Beard, and Beard will be unavailable somewhere else by the time Sampson steps down. Also, like Knight he can simply resign in the middle of the season so his son at least gets a shot at the interim title. All I'm saying is that Sampson is going to do what it takes to get his son the job, the same as Knight. And while Sampson doesn't have the same brand that Bob Knight did, his results are way more spectacular. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Blotto said:

Yup replacing probably 75% of a roster and staff is tough for any coach. I'm not getting too excited about a guy with basically a career .500 record in 10 years prior to Texas. I'll give Terry all the credit in the world for keeping the wheels on and the car pointed in the correct direction. That's an entirely different task than building the car from scratch. 

How I imagine the car Terry builds from scratch will look like...

250px-The_Homer.png

Edited by Deej

19 minutes ago, NoName said:

Sampson is very clear that he wants his son to take over.

Yeah, Beard won't be at UH. It will be on the blue bloods that need an injection of excitement. 

Kentucky? Probably the leader in the club house, if it opens. 
Louisville? If they decided to end the Kenny Payne experiment after 1 year and UK doesn't open, I'd expect Beard to be the top target
UNC? Probably would give Beard a long look, but Hubie will get a couple more years after last year's NCAA finals run

• Hook 'Em 3

On 2/27/2023 at 8:46 AM, Js1 said:

Yeah, Beard won't be at UH. It will be on the blue bloods that need an injection of excitement. 

Kentucky? Probably the leader in the club house, if it opens. 
Louisville? If they decided to end the Kenny Payne experiment after 1 year and UK doesn't open, I'd expect Beard to be the top target
UNC? Probably would give Beard a long look, but Hubie will get a couple more years after last year's NCAA finals run

I would replace UNC with Ohio State, and that would be my list of most likely.

I didn't realize how bad Ole Miss is historically in basketball. 9 NCAA tournament appearances in their history. 5-9 record in the tournament.

Would Beard get the support/buy-in he needs at a school like that?

Feels like he could do better. Hell, sitting out a year and continuing to let the noise calm down might be better than just taking the first P5 job that comes calling.

Edited by Hookem2147

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I didn't realize how bad Ole Miss is historically in basketball. 9 NCAA tournament appearances in their history. 5-9 record in the tournament.

Feels like he could do better. Hell, sitting out a year and continuing to let the noise calm down might be better than just taking the first P5 job that comes calling.

Have you followed Beard's career? He'd have no problem leaving Ole Miss if a better opportunity came up. He left UNLV after 19 days. 

27 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Have you followed Beard's career? He'd have no problem leaving Ole Miss if a better opportunity came up. He left UNLV after 19 days. 

That doesn’t seem directly related to what I said. Of course he would leave for a better job if it came up. I’m questioning if Ole Miss is a job where he can get the support and resources he needs to win at the level he desires. It’s one of the worst jobs in the SEC.

Part of the reason he was successful at Tech and going to be successful here was he engaged the right people and got them caring about basketball. Does Ole Miss even have those people and are they invested in winning?

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

My guess is that he will get a better offer than Ole Miss in the upcoming replacement cycle. Probably more than one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

That doesn’t seem directly related to what I said. Of course he would leave for a better job if it came up. I’m questioning if Ole Miss is a job where he can get the support and resources he needs to win at the level he desires. It’s one of the worst jobs in the SEC.

Part of the reason he was successful at Tech and going to be successful here was he engaged the right people and got them caring about basketball. Does Ole Miss even have those people and are they invested in winning?

Maybe it's not directly related. I just don't think it matters what job he takes, whether it's the first or not. He's not going to be married to it. He can take the first job, then take a better job later on. No need to sit out a year. That would be the main thing I was disagreeing with. 

As far as getting people engaged, that's his super power as much as anything else. He'll have people running through brick walls, the way he does everywhere. I don't care where he goes. And if he can put together a Sweet 16 roster at Arkansas-Little Rock in one year, he can certainly put one together at Ole Miss. Not saying he would or will, but he certainly can. Roster management is another super power. He has a lot of them, unfortunately. I wish he had a super power that kept him from getting arrested by the police for felonious domestic violence. That would be a boon right about now. 

5 hours ago, Lat22 said:

Is he still with his girlfriend,err, fiance?

He's one of the dumber men in the history of the world if he is

Charges are dropped, she's made a public statement absolving him, no reason to stay in that toxic relationship now.

Edited by MotownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

We are going to regret firing Beard when we are losing to him 2 to 3 times a year.  Tech and Texas are in the same position.  Both about to ride a Beard assistant into obscurity.  

He could win the next 20 ncaa championships for Texas A&M including one with Kevin Durant, Jr and I’ll always be grateful we fired this piece of shit.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, chemHORN said:

We are going to regret firing Beard when we are losing to him 2 to 3 times a year.  Tech and Texas are in the same position.  Both about to ride a Beard assistant into obscurity.  

Please stop bleeding all over this board 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

12 hours ago, chemHORN said:

We’re not going to regret shit. He’s a walking liability and can’t keep his personal life from negatively impacting his professional life. The win at all costs mentality you have is cancerous to a university like ours. Do better.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

19 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

He's one of the dumber men in the history of the world if he is

Charges are dropped, she's made a public statement absolving him, no reason to stay in that toxic relationship now.

If Beard is a manipulative, controlling, abusive personality, he'll stay engaged and probably marry her. Partly because it's just the MO of an abuser, partly because he'll want to project a narrative that everything is hunky dory, nothing happened, he's totally innocent, etc. And the SEC schools "vetting" him will surely buy it, no questions asked.

• Hook 'Em 1

If Beard is a manipulative, controlling, abusive personality, he'll stay engaged and probably marry her. Partly because it's just the MO of an abuser, partly because he'll want to project a narrative that everything is hunky dory, nothing happened, he's totally innocent, etc. And the SEC schools "vetting" him will surely buy it, no questions asked.

Beard has no viable future as a head coach (especially for a bigtime program) while he’s in a relationship with Trew. Not sure how this would still be possible.

9 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

He could win the next 20 ncaa championships for Texas A&M including one with Kevin Durant, Jr and I’ll always be grateful we fired this piece of shit.

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7kkkhlpfw6acnuwqo24

listen we're all on the same page here, but i'm gonna need you to retract that bit about KD's cunt fuckin kid. let's not get carried away here.

Edited by shadow_operative

4 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

No disagreement here

Which would just be another reason I'm glad we fired him

21 hours ago, chemHORN said:

It's like when the Indians surrounded Tonto and the Lone Ranger, and the Lone Ranger turned to his faithful companion and said, "It looks like we're in deep shit this time." And Tonto replied, "What's this we shit, white man?"

I loved Beard and yet I'll never regret the school firing him. You might, but you're not speaking for me with this we shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

There's a lot of speculation regarding Beard and his fiancee. I just want to point out we know nothing about what happens with their relationship, or what is actually going on. I don't care, because at the end of the day what happened, happened, and that just can't happen and you still keep your job. But this idea we actually know the future of their relationship, or the dynamics between them, is silliness. 

I'd say it's way more likely he picks another crazy personality for a partner and begins another destructive cycle than there is he repeats the one he already has. But that's just my prediction. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Henry Hill said:

We’re not going to regret shit. He’s a walking liability and can’t keep his personal life from negatively impacting his professional life. The win at all costs mentality you have is cancerous to a university like ours. Do better.

Lol.  I guess poor choice of words.  I didn't really mean we had a choice.  I can just see him going on to have big time success somewhere else.  As some one that worked at the University for double digit years your assertion that anything is "cancerous to a university like ours" rings hollow.  UT employed a professor that beat his wife without any repercussions because of the money he brought in and "since it didn't happen at UT it didn't require any punishment."  The idea that we are a squeaky clean University that is above anything just isn't based in reality.   

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

Lol.  I guess poor choice of words.  I didn't really mean we had a choice.  I can just see him going on to have big time success somewhere else.  As some one that worked at the University for double digit years your assertion that anything is "cancerous to a university like ours" rings hollow.  UT employed a professor that beat his wife without any repercussions because of the money he brought in and "since it didn't happen at UT it didn't require any punishment."  The idea that we are a squeaky clean University that is above anything just isn't based in reality.   

I feel highly confident he's going to move on to have big time success. That doesn't make me regret the decision of UT. That makes me bitter about the decisions Beard made that led him to his overnight incarceration.

And yes, I know about the professor. Different department, different decision. Even though they were both arrested for felonious assault, it's not like they're apples to apples. I don't even remember the name of the professor, and he's still at UT. Beard's name and mug shot was shown all over the world and was a featured story in many news casts. They're not an equivalency. 

5 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

And yes, I know about the professor. Different department, different decision. Even though they were both arrested for felonious assault, it's not like they're apples to apples. I don't even remember the name of the professor, and he's still at UT.

If y'all are talking about the prof I think that you are talking about, he committed suicide back in 2018.. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If y'all are talking about the prof I think that you are talking about, he committed suicide back in 2018.. 

You are correct.  He did after a reporter uncovered the story.  I personally knew of another situation where a married professor had an affair with his grad student that basically resulted in the grad student leaving the country after it was uncovered while he got a month long paid vacation as "punishment". My point is that acting like we are some squeaky clean University that always does the right thing is disingenuous.  When the University is able to get out in front and sweep it all under the rug they will. Because of Beard's high profile status they couldn't get out in front of it, but if they could've they 100 percent would've.  

I didn't mean that I didn't agree with the decision or that it wasn't something we had to do.  I meant I bet he goes onto another University and has more success than we do in the same time period.  But the reply I got, that was basically asserting that the university is above winning at all costs, just isn't reality. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Man, professors fuck students all the time.  That's a far cry from felonious domestic violence.  I'm not saying the former is good, it isn't, I'd bet my house my Dad never fucked a student, but let's not blur the lines here.

I also don't understand the point chemHORN is making. There are all kinds of compromises Texas makes in terms of fielding winning athletic programs. I know way too much shit about what has gone on (or goes on) that I'll never post about. So what? They weren't arrests for felonious domestic violence. Is that some kind of radical line to draw? Then chemHORN seems to shift his stance around to say, "No, guys. I'm fully supportive of firing him. I'm just saying we'll regret it, and we're not exactly squeaky clean."

It's...bizarre. 

There's a lot of speculation regarding Beard and his fiancee. I just want to point out we know nothing about what happens with their relationship, or what is actually going on. I don't care, because at the end of the day what happened, happened, and that just can't happen and you still keep your job. But this idea we actually know the future of their relationship, or the dynamics between them, is silliness. 
I'd say it's way more likely he picks another crazy personality for a partner and begins another destructive cycle than there is he repeats the one he already has. But that's just my prediction. 

Using deduction, known facts, and domestic abuse patterns, there’s very little wiggle room for a scenario where the happy couple reconciles and doesnt escalate.

Then if they breakup, if this couple doesnt do so amicably, then thats a risk for any future employer given that he’ll be a rich public figure on a college campus. That puts him in a compromising position for extortion (ie texts, photos, lawsuits).

13 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Using deduction, known facts, and domestic abuse patterns, there’s very little wiggle room for a scenario where the happy couple reconciles and doesnt escalate.

Then if they breakup, if this couple doesnt do so amicably, then thats a risk for any future employer given that he’ll be a rich public figure on a college campus. That puts him in a compromising position for extortion (ie texts, photos, lawsuits).

It all depends on how much a program wants to win.

My point isn't what will or won't happen. My point is we have no idea what their relationship status is or will be. 

Frankly, a person's relationship status doesn't determine their position as a prospective target. You want me to list all the famous people we know who have been extorted? That we KNOW about, which you and I both know is a small percentage compared to the overall numbers. Many of them were bigger targets BECAUSE they were married in ways they couldn't have been if they were single. 

It all boils down to how much a program wants to win. If they want to win badly enough they'll roll the dice and hope it works out. 

Without being serious, Beard should join the Scientologists. They have a track record for protecting their biggest names from shit like this. 

I feel highly confident he's going to move on to have big time success. That doesn't make me regret the decision of UT. That makes me bitter about the decisions Beard made that led him to his overnight incarceration.
And yes, I know about the professor. Different department, different decision. Even though they were both arrested for felonious assault, it's not like they're apples to apples. I don't even remember the name of the professor, and he's still at UT. Beard's name and mug shot was shown all over the world and was a featured story in many news casts. They're not an equivalency. 

He’s not going to ever be worth a shit because he has an incurable vice. I’m assuming he never gets professional help to cure it.

The dude had the world by the short and curlies, for 20+ years and 100 million dollars. But he pissed it all away over a psycho bitch who (maybe?) gives awesome blowjobs.

He’s flawed to the extent that whatever opportunity he finally gets, he’ll fuck it up.

Too bad for him.

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi