Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

12 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

He’s not going to ever be worth a shit because he has an incurable vice. I’m assuming he never gets professional help to cure it.

The dude had the world by the short and curlies, for 20+ years and 100 million dollars. But he pissed it all away over a psycho bitch who (maybe?) gives awesome blowjobs.

He’s flawed to the extent that whatever opportunity he finally gets, he’ll fuck it up.

Too bad for him.

Well, I'm hoping. I'm unconvinced.

1 hour ago, SL Xpress said:

I also don't understand the point chemHORN is making. There are all kinds of compromises Texas makes in terms of fielding winning athletic programs. I know way too much shit about what has gone on (or goes on) that I'll never post about. So what? They weren't arrests for felonious domestic violence. Is that some kind of radical line to draw? Then chemHORN seems to shift his stance around to say, "No, guys. I'm fully supportive of firing him. I'm just saying we'll regret it, and we're not exactly squeaky clean."

It's...bizarre. 

I admitted it was a poor choice of words.  I should've said "It will suck ass when we are losing to him 2 to 3 times a year" instead of saying we will regret it.  The squeaky clean stuff was only a response to this comment made above: 

"The win at all costs mentality you have is cancerous to a university like ours"

For one, it isn't my mentality, and two the University has often displayed a "win at all cost" mentality in the way they have handled certain situations.   I wasn't saying one situation equals the other but rather offering up examples of times the University was willing to not do the right thing to protect its interests (which includes a past felony domestic violence issue).  Simply pointing out that if said mentality is "cancerous to our university" there are bigger fish to fry than me.  

I am convinced we will never find a more perfect fit of a coach in my lifetime. 

I don’t know if we will ever find a perfect fit for Texas Basketball, but we will absolutely find a better fit than Chris Beard because we will hopefully find a coach that doesn’t have a crazy fiancée who he fights with, possibly chokes her, and gets arrested and charged for felony assault. I don’t care if the charges were dropped. That type of shit simply doesn’t happen to normal people who are in control of their personal lives. His relationship is a massive liability.

I would almost argue Chris Beard was the worst possible fit we could’ve had. On court success doesn’t matter when you allow your personal life to be a black eye for The University. Charlie Strong was a better fit for Texas Football than Chris Beard was for Texas basketball.

If someone else wants to take a chance on him, that’s their prerogative. Maybe he wins a championship elsewhere or maybe he embarrasses that university too. We’re better off without him.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Tceh big wigs gotta figure out how to get out of paying Adams first AKA Sovereign Immunity pt 2: electric boogaloo...

Well Adams is currently suspended amid a racial slur allegation.

https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/sports/college/red-raiders/2023/03/06/corey-williams-named-interim-texas-tech-mens-basketball-coach-following-suspension-of-mark-adams/69978505007/

Edited by Tommy Shelby

It ain't Art Briles territory, but the result would be the same: I'll never support the program if Tech hired Chris Beard back.  You can forgive the motherfucker, but he never gets to be the face of your program again.

If people are playing like none of that shit happened when he left, and the deliberate attempts to burn it down on the way out didn't occur, welp, I guess their leadership is in question too.

10 minutes ago, slorch said:

It ain't Art Briles territory, but the result would be the same: I'll never support the program if Tech hired Chris Beard back.  You can forgive the motherfucker, but he never gets to be the face of your program again.

If people are playing like none of that shit happened when he left, and the deliberate attempts to burn it down on the way out didn't occur, welp, I guess their leadership is in question too.

Only fitting for Tech to fire one coach due to Bible verses, and hire their next one based on different Bible verses right???

Screenshot_20230307-025611_kindlephoto-11729219.png.5d96e90127f09490409d3f7a5011e23f.png

hi-res-28ae64e98bba099192a2b08abcc3a046_

• Haha 2

I’d take Beard back on a heartbeat. With the conference realigning and baseball being the only good sport left it would be nice to have Beard back. Attempts at burning it down on the way out didn’t really occur from what I remember unless you’re counting taking asst. coaches and players choosing to transfer; both of which ended up not mattering as much as we thought it would. I’d rather be a winning “classless clown” than a pious loser. 

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Tech is never going to hire Beard back. He's like the one person on the planet that can be easily and quickly crossed off their potential candidate list.

Yeah, I know. I’m not an idiot. It’ll end up being some rando who keeps the status quo of almost just barely getting “there.” Tech is quickly being the new “maybe next year” A&M

5 hours ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Clickbait. Beard is likely just going to sit out a year, let the heat die down and then sign at some struggling blue blood. 

Not sure people remember this, but supposedly, when Mack Brown was sucking around 2011-12 at Texas, he had his agent drop the news that Nebraska really wanted to hire him, lol. 

5 hours ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Clickbait. Beard is likely just going to sit out a year, let the heat die down and then sign at some struggling blue blood. 

He’ll be coaching somewhere next season. That teams are already sniffing around shows there’s no heat to let die.

13 hours ago, formermav43 said:

He’ll be coaching somewhere next season. That teams are already sniffing around shows there’s no heat to let die.

It's crazy to me anyone thought he wouldn't. He's not an introspective guy. He's going to want to move on. And someone in P-5 is going to hire him, because he's an outstanding college basketball coach. The key was getting the charges dropped in a timely manner. Which happened. 

All I know is that if it's not at a really strong program, he'll end up building them up then bolt the first time he gets a better opportunity. No question. I keep maintaining he's the next Kentucky coach. Just don't know when it's going to happen. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I remember when we hired Beard some irate Tech fan tweeted  that Beard better never show his face north of Lamesa if he knows what's good for him.

Got to think Beard remembers the warning.

Hahaha, sound like that guy (along with Randi) is borderline. Lamesa guy will likely be one of the first screaming, “We got him back! We got him back!”

During Beard’s departure there were also restaurants offering him free food for life. There’s rumblings that some of the BMD are trying to get Beard to Tech, but the regents have to approve (which likely won’t happen given that West Texas pride). 

LMAO at the people who really thought this would ruin him. Programs don't give a damn about these behind the scenes domestic stuff on their own time. Especially a one time thing. He was hired a few months later. By a D1 school. He didn't have to pay his dues and work his way back up. This wasn't some Briles or Paterno shit where it involved cover ups and stuff happening on campus.

• Hook 'Em 5

9 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I remember when we hired Beard some irate Tech fan tweeted  that Beard better never show his face north of Lamesa if he knows what's good for him.

Got to think Beard remembers the warning.

As someone with substantial limbs of the family tree in Lamesa, I can safely say that Beard’s safe zone for bodily damage extends at least as far south as Big Spring…

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

He could do better.  I’d eye Louisville if I were him.   Kentucky obviously would be a huge step up, too, but I don’t think UK and Calipari really will go their separate ways.   The Louisville job is definitely opening up this year or next year.  They’re outrageously bad.

If Louisville opens up next year, he’ll just jump. Ask UNLV. Hell, if it opens up a week after he takes the Ole Miss jobs, the Ole Miss AD should make sure they still have their list of potential hires ready to go, just in case 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

LMAO at the people who really thought this would ruin him. Programs don't give a damn about these behind the scenes domestic stuff on their own time. Especially a one time thing. He was hired a few months later. By a D1 school. He didn't have to pay his dues and work his way back up. This wasn't some Briles or Paterno shit where it involved cover ups and stuff happening on campus.

This. No one will even mention this when he is winning again. Meanwhile we have RT. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

… and miss a chance to beat Texas twice a year?  I wouldn’t discount that possibility as a factor.  Besides, why would he want to fuck around with shitty upstate NY winter weather?

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi