Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

Neither is your ownership of your behavior Chris.

I'm sure the boys at CBS/ ESPN  have repeatedly declined your requests for interviews to set the record straight.

Edited by slorch

6 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Full article...

That's not me:' New Ole Miss basketball coach Chris Beard says arrest details are inaccurate

David Eckert     Mississippi Clarion Ledger

OXFORD, Miss. — New Ole Miss men's basketball coach Chris Beard declined to comment Tuesday evening when he was asked if he had placed his arm around the throat of his fiancee, Randi Trew, as reported in an Austin police affidavit.

"Randi and I have agreed not to talk about the details, not only that night, but the nights that we went through this, the process," Beard said. "But what I can tell you is much of what was reported is not accurate."

Pressed on whether or not he caused Trew any harm on the night of Dec. 12, when police responded to an incident between Beard and Trew, Beard again said he could not comment.

A police affidavit from that night reported that Beard had choked Trew for about five seconds. It also reported that Beard bit Trew, and that she suffered other bruises, cuts and abrasions. Beard was arrested and suspended by Texas, where he began the 2022-23 season as head coach. Texas later fired him before the felony charges against him were dropped.

Speaking following his introduction at the SJB Pavilion, Beard pointed toward a statement from Trew that said Beard did not strangle her, stating it had been "proven" the events of that night did not take place as described in the affidavit and ensuing media reporting.

“As Chris’ fiancée and biggest supporter, I apologize for the role I played in this unfortunate event. I realize that my frustration, when breaking his glasses, initiated a physical struggle between Chris and myself," Trew's statement, provided on Dec. 23, reads. "Chris did not strangle me, and I told that to law enforcement that evening."

Beard and Trew are no longer engaged, a source with knowledge of the situation confirmed to the USA TODAY Network.

When asked what his message would be to fans who still held concerns, Beard asked for a chance to form a "real relationship" based on trust.

"That's not me," Beard said. "That's not who I am. It's not who I've been. It's not who I will be."

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Full article...

That's not me:' New Ole Miss basketball coach Chris Beard says arrest details are inaccurate

David Eckert     Mississippi Clarion Ledger

OXFORD, Miss. — New Ole Miss men's basketball coach Chris Beard declined to comment Tuesday evening when he was asked if he had placed his arm around the throat of his fiancee, Randi Trew, as reported in an Austin police affidavit.

"Randi and I have agreed not to talk about the details, not only that night, but the nights that we went through this, the process," Beard said. "But what I can tell you is much of what was reported is not accurate."

Pressed on whether or not he caused Trew any harm on the night of Dec. 12, when police responded to an incident between Beard and Trew, Beard again said he could not comment.

A police affidavit from that night reported that Beard had choked Trew for about five seconds. It also reported that Beard bit Trew, and that she suffered other bruises, cuts and abrasions. Beard was arrested and suspended by Texas, where he began the 2022-23 season as head coach. Texas later fired him before the felony charges against him were dropped.

Speaking following his introduction at the SJB Pavilion, Beard pointed toward a statement from Trew that said Beard did not strangle her, stating it had been "proven" the events of that night did not take place as described in the affidavit and ensuing media reporting.

“As Chris’ fiancée and biggest supporter, I apologize for the role I played in this unfortunate event. I realize that my frustration, when breaking his glasses, initiated a physical struggle between Chris and myself," Trew's statement, provided on Dec. 23, reads. "Chris did not strangle me, and I told that to law enforcement that evening."

Beard and Trew are no longer engaged, a source with knowledge of the situation confirmed to the USA TODAY Network.

When asked what his message would be to fans who still held concerns, Beard asked for a chance to form a "real relationship" based on trust.

"That's not me," Beard said. "That's not who I am. It's not who I've been. It's not who I will be."

A couple of things, it's unlikely we'll ever know the truth of what happened that night. I'm not sure it's any of my business. What "truly" happened isn't nearly as big of a deal to me as the fact Beard made decisions to put himself in that position in the first place. If the affidavit is true to any extent, he has issues he needs to address. If it's not true, his fiancee still felt like the best way to address the situation was to call the police and tell them her life was in danger. And then Beard stuck around for 3 hours instead of getting a hotel room because I guess he felt like if he just explained what happened everything would be hunky dory. 

I'll also point out he and Trew are no longer together. I guess maybe they're together but not engaged? Highly unlikely, but I guess within the realm of possibility. As I've posted before, it's likely they were on the serious outs the night this incident occurred, and Trew wasn't handling it that great, did her best to provoke Beard into a reaction, and Beard then gratified her wish, much to the chagrin of everyone involved. Not sure why so many people made the assumption they would stay together. This isn't the kind of thing that brings couples together. 

Meh, this is going to suck, I know that. I hope Ole Miss loses every basketball game while he's the coach. 

24 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

A couple of things, it's unlikely we'll ever know the truth of what happened that night. 

One thing I think is interesting/clear is that there has never been any denial that he put his hands on her

Her December statement doesn’t say “Chris didn’t put his hands on me. I made that up.” It basically says “I don’t dispute he put his hands on me in self-defense”

It seems quite clear to me that Chris Beard put his hands on his fiance. That is who he is. A 50 year old multimillionaire who gets physical with his old lady from time to time.

Fuck Chris Beard

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

One thing I think is interesting/clear is that there has never been any denial that he put his hands on her

Her December statement doesn’t say “Chris didn’t put his hands on me. I made that up.” It basically says “I don’t dispute he put his hands on me in self-defense”

It seems quite clear to me that Chris Beard put his hands on his fiance. That is who he is. A 50 year old multimillionaire who gets physical with his old lady from time to time.

Fuck Chris Beard

Rehashed a million times, yes, FCB, but F Randi too.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, closetohumping said:

Rehashed a million times, yes, FCB, but F Randi too.  

She's not blameless, but c'mon. Beard had all the power in that relationship. He could have sent her packing at any point. He could have left the house at any point in time. He chose to stay and have it out with her regardless of what that entailed, since it's unclear. Her only power in the situation was to provoke him rather than have him sit in the guest bedroom and ignore her. Which she utilized. I'm not sympathetic to her per se, but Beard is the one at fault for that entire situation. 

• Hook 'Em 9

2 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

She's not blameless, but c'mon. Beard had all the power in that relationship. He could have sent her packing at any point. He could have left the house at any point in time. He chose to stay and have it out with her regardless of what that entailed, since it's unclear. Her only power in the situation was to provoke him rather than have him sit in the guest bedroom and ignore her. Which she utilized. I'm not sympathetic to her per se, but Beard is the one at fault for that entire situation. 

I don't disagree.  Chris should've sacked up and kicked her to the curb but I think we've all stayed in a relationship too long.  I think he had his "I've had enough" moment when he should've walked away.  No doubt.  I don't have any respect for her and I hope she sleeps in the bed she made.

12 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Why?  I don’t give a shit what they do, except when they play us. 

But you and I have a different perspective. I want to see coaches that leave Texas fail, whereas you're indifferent. Not to mention I'm embittered about the whole situation, at least in a fan sense. If Beard is as successful as I think he'll be, unless Texas has a similar success, it's going to be unpleasant for me as a fan. 

That's not true for you, so good on you. 

42 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

"Much of what's been reported has been inaccurate and that's been proven with the case being dropped along with Randi's statement."

Or, a barrel of cash to the woman to make the statement along with a tapeworm DA to begin with = case dismissed. 

Good for the reporter for pressing Beard. Was never going anywhere though. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I wonder how many times a day Randi thinks “if only I hadn’t made that call”.   Guessing she was never in danger

The alternative could have been an amicable break up, zero dollars, and a one way ticket back to west Texas, in which case I’m sure she’s glad she did what she did and got paid.

2 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

But you and I have a different perspective. I want to see coaches that leave Texas fail, whereas you're indifferent. Not to mention I'm embittered about the whole situation, at least in a fan sense. If Beard is as successful as I think he'll be, unless Texas has a similar success, it's going to be unpleasant for me as a fan. 

That's not true for you, so good on you. 

Two of my favorite sayings:

1. Don't take pleasure in the misfortune of others

2. Nobody's perfect

I'm with you SLX.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

Very unpleasant. more so extremely.

On 3/13/2023 at 9:01 PM, CTC2 said:

Have some friends in the neighborhood. Her car hasn’t been at the house since about a week after the incident.  Up until recently, he’s been there coming and going.  FWIW. 

prolly rearranging someone's furniture and junk, maybe even their career...

• Like 1

He still refuses to accept any accountability for what he did to himself and his career. He was not a victim, and his attempts to portray himself that way are reprehensible.
Watching this play out, and familiar with the possible endgames of the alcohol/anger mix, there's a part of me that's very glad he's no longer the Head Coach of the University of Texas' Men's Basketball team. Not the part that loves basketball and winning. But there's still that part that knows the questions of character will follow this man the rest of his life. Deservedly so.

Beard is headed to Oxford, MS. The university is bigger than the town. If Beard wins there, he could hand a gun to a murderer and not be suspended a single game. Lots of bad behavior could be swept under the rug.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Beard is headed to Oxford, MS. The university is bigger than the town. If Beard wins there, he could hand a gun to a murderer and not be suspended a single game. Lots of bad behavior could be swept under the rug.

Good thing our high-minded and morally upright UT Admin and ESpin are keeping us from associating with the Sewage Treatment Plant that is the SEC.......er.....well......uh.......oh

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Legal question for the Surly lawyers.  Is a NDA enforceable if it involved covering up a felony? 

Contracts entered for an illegal purpose (e.g., requiring one party to rob a bank)  are invalid contracts / unenforceable. In your hypothetical, an NDA requiring her to keep her mouth shut probably doesn’t rise to that level. That said, if she were to put or otherwise find herself in a situation where she was required by law to disclose any info restricted under the NDA to a governmental authority, she would be allowed to disclose. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

image.gif.afedb6f184ff5b5b4ed65c78a8987e0b.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

Contracts entered for an illegal purpose (e.g., requiring one party to rob a bank)  are invalid contracts / unenforceable. In your hypothetical, an NDA requiring her to keep her mouth shut probably doesn’t rise to that level.

‘Probably’ doesn’t rise to the level of a contract requiring a bank robbery?

• Pancho changed the title to Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think he bounces back. He won’t recruit high schoolers well, at least not initially, but he’s always been more focused on portal players. And they won’t care. 

I mean yeah, he had to his 1st year at Texas considering we had Jones, Cunningham, and Ramey returning, but he recruited four 5-stars and a couple of developmental guys from HS. I do think he will not be able to bring in the high level HS kids and he might find OIe Miss's NIL game for basketball below par for his 1st couple of seasons.

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

‘Probably’ doesn’t rise to the level of a contract requiring a bank robbery?

Reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit. Probably doesn’t rise to the level of being a contract for an illegal purpose. The bank robbery was just to illustrate on example (that’s what the “e.g.” in the parenthetical stands for). Hope that help clear things up. 

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I mean yeah, he had to his 1st year at Texas considering we had Jones, Cunningham, and Ramey returning, but he recruited four 5-stars and a couple of developmental guys from HS. I do think he will not be able to bring in the high level HS kids and he might find OIe Miss's NIL game for basketball below par for his 1st couple of seasons.

I meant winning the living room. The incident won’t play well with parents. 

Ole Miss understands their place in the world. I almost admire them for this acknowledgment. They know they’ll never hire the best coaches, so they hire the best/sleaziest coaches. 

6 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Who cares about anything anymore. Politics and the stock market has shown us all that no one rich and powerful is ever held accountable for anything. This country didn’t used to suck this much. At least occasionally right would triumph wrong and someone would get taken down. Now? Nope. It’s a free for all.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Who cares about anything anymore. Politics and the stock market has shown us all that no one rich and powerful is ever held accountable for anything. This country didn’t used to suck this much. At least occasionally right would triumph wrong and someone would get taken down. Now? Nope. It’s a free for all.  

I think you’re going a bit off the deep end. 

First of all, I’d argue throughout its history rich and powerful people in this country have gotten away with a lot of really awful things. Even things worse than being an accessory to murder and domestic violence. 

I’d also say that right still triumphs wrong. But certainly not every time. There are huge benefits to breaking rules. It’s up to everyone else to make sure there are consequences, too  

None of that is to make you feel better necessarily. It’s certainly not to be dismissive of how you’re feeling. But I do feel like you’re drawing some pretty extreme conclusions from Miller and Beard. 

I’m not challenging you to find examples which make your conclusion even more powerfully, mind you. We know they’re out there. I’d just say that all is not lost, and there’s always different perspectives that aren’t necessarily our own. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi