Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

14 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

You're probably right but it's not like Ole Miss shies away from paying well for big name coaches. Google tells me Kiffin is pulling in $9M a year, which is a lot more than what we pay Sark.

Kiffen: "Hey Coach Beard, welcome to Oxpatch! What do you say we go have some drinks and nail some bitches?"

6 Hours later

Kiffen "That's not what I meant!!"

• Haha 8

Tech insiders now saying beard contact Tech and asked to come back. Tech admin said “no thanks.”

Good on tech if true
I find that very hard to believe. That he would contact Tech when he's already in a major conference at a mid level program in that conference. Which is the same as Tech. Especially in a conference that no one knows what will happen to in the coming years with realignment It didn't take him anytime to land this job. This is nothing more than Tech trying to show how "moral" they are. Which means nothing in the end.
  • Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
On 3/21/2023 at 8:08 AM, Pancho said:
Tech insiders now saying beard contact Tech and asked to come back. Tech admin said “no thanks.”

Good on tech if true

I find that very hard to believe. That he would contact Tech when he's already in a major conference at a mid level program in that conference. Which is the same as Tech. Especially in a conference that no one knows what will happen to in the coming years with realignment It didn't take him anytime to land this job. This is nothing more than Tech trying to show how "moral" they are. Which means nothing in the end.

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

Did you read that correctly?

45 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
On 3/21/2023 at 10:08 AM, Pancho said:

Good on tech if true

This happened before he got into negotiations for the Ole Miss job homie

Good on tech if true

There are people who full on hate Beard within the program and fan base respectively.  There is virtually no scenario where reconciliation could occur.  The powers that be 1) have to be aware of the vitriol and 2) might at least partially feel that same disdain towards OJ.

And to Vic, it’s not a move of virtue, but rather recognizing dipshit burned his bridges already.  People ain’t signing up for that horseshit again.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Good on tech if true

Yeah there's zero chance he tried to go back to Tech. That's "Tech insiders" peddling bullshit to make themselves look better. 

I'm just afraid we're going to have to watch Beard build a conference title contending program at Ole Miss.

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Yeah there's zero chance he tried to go back to Tech. That's "Tech insiders" peddling bullshit to make themselves look better. 

I'm just afraid we're going to have to watch Beard build a conference title contending program at Ole Miss.

Well to be clear, you don't have any credibility or knowledge of this unless you're beard himself. It's really not clear why you're so confident he didn't, but you do you.

The tech insider who broke this news has been spot on before I believe, although our tech posters can help verify that. 

"there is no fucking way Chris Beard the legendary moron who flushed his dream job down the toilet at his Alma mater after choking biting and punching his fiance but claims he is vindicated because the charges were dropped would never ever ever call his old job who helped him cover up such incidents because he was a winner back to seek employment again"

Fucking morons in here. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

Good on tech if true

Beard burned his bridges at Tech. It would have been embarrassing for him to go back there. I doubt that story. 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Fucking morons in here. 

Strangle.jpg 

Since I collect Longhorn memorabilia, I snatched two cases of these at Walgreens last fall. They might be worth money now, so LMK if you want to buy one or a couple of single bottles. I accept Venmo.  

• Haha 6
  • Drool 1

17 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Beard burned his bridges at Tech. It would have been embarrassing for him to go back there. I doubt that story. 

He also thought Texas wasn't going to fire him.  He has never had a realistic view of the the situation.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

"there is no fucking way Chris Beard the legendary moron who flushed his dream job down the toilet at his Alma mater after choking biting and punching his fiance but claims he is vindicated because the charges were dropped would never ever ever call his old job who helped him cover up such incidents because he was a winner back to seek employment again"

Fucking morons in here. 

Beard's gonna love Oxford

21 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He also thought Texas wasn't going to fire him.  He has never had a realistic view of the the situation.

He's not a realistic person. That's not his strength. He's not introspective. He's not truthful, frankly. He's an optimist who thinks by sheer will he can transform a situation. There are pros and cons to this. But if he can keep his personal demons at bay, it makes him an extremely compelling basketball coach. 

I saw recently where Dana Altman criticized the Oregon fan base for only having 3500 fans in the seats for their NIT loss. Which is what you see coaches do all the time. I remember when Mack Brown criticized the Texas fan base for not being passionate enough to fill up DKR-Memorial. That is pretty much never effective. Compare that to Beard who constantly talks about how amazing the fans are, whether he's at Texas Tech, Texas, or Seminole Junior College. That's not realistic, especially at the beginning. But that's how you motivate people. He talks about being a Monday night program. He talks about every one of his players being a future pro. He talks about every opponent being an NCAA team. That's what he does. Being realistic is simply not part of his DNA. I don't understand why it should even be an expectation. 

22 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

If Beard believed he could re-sell himself to the Tech fanbase, he may actually check some boxes on the psychopathy checklist. That's fucking pathological.

To be honest, I think there are a lot of head coaches at all levels who could check some boxes on the psychopathy checklist. I know there are a lot of CEOs. When winning is the primary measurement, it's going to attract people somewhere on the psychopathy spectrum. 

I've always said that life/work balance is overrated in a head coach of a team I root for. I just don't know of any coaching legends who are famed for their life/work balance. 

i once again find myself in disagreement with the crowd. i'll start by saying that firing beard was not only the right thing to do, it was the only choice for any school that's actually an institution of higher learning. he was charged with felony DV, and then instead of showing contrition and swearing it will never happen again, beard came in hot defending himself and downplaying it all. he had to be fired.

that said, this thread title is inaccurate and until i see actual proof that beard is some sort of abuser then i'm going to stay away from the majority opinion here on what an abusive POS beard is. because to this point he's not.

randi trew didn't live in fear of chris beard. beard wasn't terrorizing her on a daily basis, getting home late from a bad day, knocking back a 12 pack and then tossing her around. that's not the case at all. they're simply a shitty, toxic couple who got into a physical fight. i've known a whole bunch of crazy couples like that, and that's all it really is: two psychos who bring out the worst in each other, and who have a codependent relationship and need to split. not only is that not an abusive one-way relationship, but if beard were the woman and trew were the man then beard would be the victim here. that's a fact. she is the provocateur, over and over and over. she is the antagonist. he is the one who tried to get away and leave it alone. she is the one who attacked him. if anyone in this relationship is the abuser, it's trew.

i know that everyone here has gotten swept up in being overly virtuous in condemning chris beard as a human being, but get real; think about the actual dynamics of that relationship. until something new comes out and says otherwise, chris beard is not a woman abuser, he's a fucking retard who stayed in a toxic, codependent relationship so long that it blew up his entire life, and Texas Basketball and its fans are arguably the biggest casualties here. it sucks.

in summation, chris beard:

•asshole

•stubborn

•manic

•terrible judgment with women 

•probably drinks too much

•deserved to be fired 

•fucked over Texas and its fans 

•not a "woman abuser". he'd literally be the victim if he was the woman

•fuck him 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 4

28 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i once again find myself in disagreement with the crowd. i'll start by saying that firing beard was not only the right thing to do, it was the only choice for any school that's actually an institution of higher learning. he was charged with felony DV, and then instead of showing contrition and swearing it will never happen again, beard came in hot defending himself and downplaying it all. he had to be fired.

that said, this thread title is inaccurate and until i see actual proof that beard is some sort of abuser then i'm going to stay away from the majority opinion here on what an abusive POS beard is. because to this point he's not.

randi trew didn't live in fear of chris beard. beard wasn't terrorizing her on a daily basis, getting home late from a bad day, knocking back a 12 pack and then tossing her around. that's not the case at all. they're simply a shitty, toxic couple who got into a physical fight. i've known a whole bunch of crazy couples like that, and that's all it really is: two psychos who bring out the worst in each other, and who have a codependent relationship and need to split. not only is that not an abusive one-way relationship, but if beard were the woman and trew were the man then beard would be the victim here. that's a fact. she is the provocateur, over and over and over. she is the antagonist. he is the one who tried to get away and leave it alone. she is the one who attacked him. if anyone in this relationship is the abuser, it's trew.

i know that everyone here has gotten swept up in being overly virtuous in condemning chris beard as a human being, but get real; think about the actual dynamics of that relationship. until something new comes out and says otherwise, chris beard is not a woman abuser, he's a fucking retard who stayed in a toxic, codependent relationship so long that it blew up his entire life, and Texas Basketball and its fans are arguably the biggest casualties here. it sucks.

in summation, chris beard:

•asshole

•stubborn

•manic

•terrible judgment with women 

•probably drinks too much

•deserved to be fired 

•fucked over Texas and its fans 

•not a "woman abuser". he'd literally be the victim if he was the woman

•fuck him 

You are giving him a lot of benefit of the doubt here man and it's kinda weird and gross. You think he's a huge piece of shit and even though it's pretty widely well known that he's a woman abuser at this point you continue to say "its cool cuz she sucks too".

You know what I've never done? I've never fucking hit a woman who was being toxic or a dick to me. Not bad enough to get the cops called or otherwise, because I'm not an abuser of women. 

I'm not trying to put this on you as a person, but if you think that's acceptable or remotely a possibility or has happened to you, then you are also a woman abuser which makes sense why you would defend the behavior that we at this point all know happened just not the intricate details. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Good on tech if true

No way that’s true unless it was 3am on a weekend and he was blackout drunk

ETA so maybe 40% chance it happened 

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

randi trew didn't live in fear of chris beard.

Serious question: do you know what coercive control is? I'm guessing you don't, because if you did, you would never make a such an ignorant sweeping statement like this. I had never heard the term until like 6-7 years ago. I'm far from an expert but I've listened to experts talk about it.

Educate yourself on coercive control. You may not know or understand some of your own friends as well as you think you do. That goes for Chris Beard's closest friends and confidantes as well. They may not know the reality of the situation or understand him as well as they think they do. For example: if your friend told you his girlfriend got drunk and embarassed him at a party, the reality could be that he's an abusive, controlling narcissist who flips out if his girlfriend has more than two drinks. And if you don't know how to spot the signs of coercive control, you may have no idea what is really going on behind closed doors.  I cringed at the NYC rumors you and others posted, because if there's any "truth" to said rumors, I'd be skeptical as hell of them if they originated with Beard or his camp.

The only facts we know are what's in the police report. And we know (I think?) that Trew called the police.  Why do you think the vast majority of DV victims call police? Because they're  scared.  Not because they're a vindictive harpy looking to ruin their partner's life.

She may have lived in fear of Chris Beard. She may have not. You don't know. I don't know. She called police. It's possible whtever he did that night scared the shit out of her.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, immamac said:

You are giving him a lot of benefit of the doubt here man and it's kinda weird and gross. You think he's a huge piece of shit and even though it's pretty widely well known that he's a woman abuser at this point you continue to say "its cool cuz she sucks too".

You know what I've never done? I've never fucking hit a woman who was being toxic or a dick to me. Not bad enough to get the cops called or otherwise, because I'm not an abuser of women. 

I'm not trying to put this on you as a person, but if you think that's acceptable or remotely a possibility or has happened to you, then you are also a woman abuser which makes sense why you would defend the behavior that we at this point all know happened just not the intricate details. 

Unless you want to disclose non-public information that demonstrates he is an abuser or have concrete information from his arrest that confirms it, then no it is not widely known that he is an abuser.

It’s been discussed ad nauseam that the arrest information made public was not sufficient enough to confirm what was true and what was not true from the incident. 

I think most believe it to be true. 

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, immamac said:

Shorter version:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

For example: if your friend told you his girlfriend got drunk and embarassed him at a party,

What if your friend’s bosses told you his girlfriend got drunk and embarrassed him at a party?

I don’t know which of them is more at fault for the way things came to a head, but I know neither is blameless. I hope they both learn from these events but I seriously doubt either does

Edited by Sawbonz

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

Serious question: do you know what coercive control is? I'm guessing you don't, because if you did, you would never make a such an ignorant sweeping statement like this. I had never heard the term until like 6-7 years ago. I'm far from an expert but I've listened to experts talk about it.

Educate yourself on coercive control. You may not know or understand some of your own friends as well as you think you do. That goes for Chris Beard's closest friends and confidantes as well. They may not know the reality of the situation or understand him as well as they think they do. For example: if your friend told you his girlfriend got drunk and embarassed him at a party, the reality could be that he's an abusive, controlling narcissist who flips out if his girlfriend has more than two drinks. And if you don't know how to spot the signs of coercive control, you may have no idea what is really going on behind closed doors.  I cringed at the NYC rumors you and others posted, because if there's any "truth" to said rumors, I'd be skeptical as hell of them if they originated with Beard or his camp.

The only facts we know are what's in the police report. And we know (I think?) that Trew called the police.  Why do you think the vast majority of DV victims call police? Because they're  scared.  Not because they're a vindictive harpy looking to ruin their partner's life.

She may have lived in fear of Chris Beard. She may have not. You don't know. I don't know. She called police. It's possible whtever he did that night scared the shit out of her.

she has a long, public history of being a loud, aggressive, abusive drunk. she herself admits that she started the physical confrontation with beard after he tried to get away from her. and the folks in lubbock have been telling us about what an abusive POS she is for years. she got fired from her job as a HS volleyball coach for being abusive. she's the one with the history of being an abusive drunk, not him. you're actually being wildly sexist here by giving her such undue benefit of the doubt simply because she's a woman.

as a matter of fact, the very reason they were fighting on the night when Chris Beard got arrested was because of her drunken an abusive antics in New York. when it comes to chris beard vs randi trew, one of these people has a looooong history of being a shameless alcoholic with an angry, abusive streak (which was on display at MSG as trew kept drunkenly running her mouth at opposing teams' fans and parents), and the other one doesn't. so how we do judge them? the man is the abuser and the woman is the victim, end of story. that's what we've got going on here. stop it. 

Edited by shadow_operative

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

she's the one with the history of being an abusive drunk, not him. you're actually being wildly sexist here by giving her such undue benefit of the doubt simply because she's a woman.

I guess I missed the part where Beard called the cops and then Randi got hauled off to jail.

The reality is that none of us know exactly what happed that night. We all have assumptions that are influenced by our own biases.

The facts are that Randi called the cops and Beard went to jail.  Sure, he is innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law.  But I don't have to abide by those rules when deciding how I feel about him. At a minimum, in my mind he is guilty of bad judgement for not de-escalating the situation and removing himself physically (as the stronger party). That is the bare minimum, which is enough to get him fired from his dream job.

But... It is quite possible that what actually happened is way worse than that.  Maybe he did choke her. Maybe he bit her trying to hurt her. Maybe he has been mentally abusing her for years.  Maybe this has happened 10 times and only now she decided to call the police because she was afraid he might seriously hurt her. Maybe all of the above is true and he paid her off to recant her story.  

In summary... F him. He le let this program down and I'm embarrassed that he is an alumni of this school.

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

ok i've said before that you needed to shelf this kind of thing, but this one cracked me up. this might be your best work. 

I agree. Sometimes they're dumb or repetitive but this one and the Beard Dr. Pepper one got me. 

6 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Strangle.jpg 

Since I collect Longhorn memorabilia, I snatched two cases of these at Walgreens last fall. They might be worth money now, so LMK if you want to buy one or a couple of single bottles. I accept Venmo.  

If you have one of him with his hands doing the choking motion, I'm in.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, HookEm said:

The facts are that Randi called the cops

Was that ever established as true?  I thought there was speculation that either a neighbor or one of the kids called 911.

I agree that the conflicting information between the arrest report, her subsequent statements, and his statements put this firmly in the "we will never know exactly what happened" category.  Ultimately, coaching (or even working) at University of Texas is a privilege and Chris Beard went far enough out of bounds to lose that privilege, even if he might not have broken the law (or at least didn't get prosecuted).  Bye.

Did he really ask Tech if they'd have him back? God damn man. He must just be really used to dealing with people who have no self respect or pride. He seems not used to people telling him to go fuck himself the way we did.

And we all bag Randi, but he probably seeks that type of person out in a partner. A person who is co dependent who he can treat like absolute shit.

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Was that ever established as true?  I thought there was speculation that either a neighbor or one of the kids called 911.

I agree that the conflicting information between the arrest report, her subsequent statements, and his statements put this firmly in the "we will never know exactly what happened" category.  Ultimately, coaching (or even working) at University of Texas is a privilege and Chris Beard went far enough out of bounds to lose that privilege, even if he might not have broken the law (or at least didn't get prosecuted).  Bye.

Actually, I don't know if she did or didn't.  Interesting though.  

Can we say this?  Randi isn't a good person and is volatile.  Chris still shouldn't have laid hands on her that night.

Edited by closetohumping

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi