Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

what he does not have is a history of being an abusive drunk, a history which randi trew actually does have

There was a fight between a man and a woman inside their home in the middle of the night. It ended with the cops being called, the woman had injuries, the man did not have injuries. The man is significantly larger than the woman.

Unless she was coming at him with a deadly weapon and he was fighting for his life, there is no way to excuse the man’s actions. He engaged her and injured her when another option would’ve been to simply walk out of the house and disengage.

She broke his glasses. Boohoo. That is not an excuse for him to injure a woman.

You say that she is an abusive drunk but he is not. Where is the evidence for that? All I see is hearsay and you repeating rumors about New York. There is overwhelmingly more circumstantial evidence to suggest that Chris Beard is abusive.

She probably does have a drinking problem. They probably both do. I don’t remember hearing about a toxicology report but I think it’s fairly likely, given the timing of the fight, that alcohol was involved and that clouded his judgement.

It only has to happen one time and he will forever carry that label. No one is excusing Joe Mixon because it only happened once and the woman he assaulted was verbally harassing him.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

There was a fight between a man and a woman inside their home in the middle of the night. It ended with the cops being called, the woman had injuries, the man did not have injuries. The man is significantly larger than the woman.

Unless she was coming at him with a deadly weapon and he was fighting for his life, there is no way to excuse the man’s actions. He engaged her and injured her when another option would’ve been to simply walk out of the house and disengage.

She broke his glasses. Boohoo. That is not an excuse for him to injure a woman.

You say that she is an abusive drunk but he is not. Where is the evidence for that? All I see is hearsay and you repeating rumors about New York. There is overwhelmingly more circumstantial evidence to suggest that Chris Beard is abusive.

She probably does have a drinking problem. They probably both do. I don’t remember hearing about a toxicology report but I think it’s fairly likely, given the timing of the fight, that alcohol was involved and that clouded his judgement.

It only has to happen one time and he will forever carry that label. No one is excusing Joe Mixon because it only happened once and the woman he assaulted was verbally harassing him.

Bottom line.  Chris could’ve and should’ve walked away that night 

14 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

again, he did not abuse his gf, if anything she abused him. he then reacted. if their genders were switched he'd be the victim.  he's fucking idiot, but he's not "an abusive pos", not based on anything that we know. 

I'd like to see the pictures taken that night before concluding "if anything she abused him." That seems like a real stretch.

I don't think cops arrested a rich, famous white guy for a 3rd degree felony because his drunk girlfriend made some shit up. That doesn't make any sense to me.

And neither her 12/23 statement nor his recent statement at his opening press conference deny that he put his hands on her. So it's pretty obvious that he put his hands on her.

Whatever. Fuck Chris Beard. It's well past time to move on.

• Hook 'Em 1

This thread will be odd to revisit when those two lovebirds get into it with each other again (and it will happen based on prior history.) if they are still together it will happen. Best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Wonder if Ole Miss managed to find employment for Randi? Seems to have been something not even Texas Tech was willing to do. We didn’t even want her to represent UT or come to events. UT made the correct decision and if the sources are accurate so did Tech if he tried to go back. Tech knows and we know what is likely to happen—-I give them 6 months or less before headlines and rumors start coming out and it won’t be for anything good. It just won’t be happening on our payroll or Tech’s payroll/watch. If they are still together I doubt either of them have sought any kind of help or therapy for any of this. Maybe Ole Miss can cover up stuff for a while but something bad will happen. At this point, Randi and Chris are both culpable and aware. It doesn’t matter who started what or when or how. This will happen again. If they are still together. They should both know better but they do not. They should both act better and have not. The statement made when CB was hired speaks volumes about both of them. I do not wish btw for something bad to happen. 

anyway Randi and Chris are gone. We are better off for it. 

Edited by Nicole44
Bc didn’t think about name abbreviation
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

The pictures show no injury to her. The whole case is bullshit. The state didn’t even try to reduce the felony to a class A misdemeanor assault - bodily injury - family violence for which the state only had to prove he recklessly caused her bodily injury (which only requires a showing of physical pain). 

The only thing he is guilty of is not getting rid of her before her “issues” got him fired. He was told many times by those closest to him.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

The only thing he is guilty of is not getting rid of her before her “issues” got him fired. He was told many times by those closest to him.

Apparently, he was also guilty of his attitude about this whole mess toward university administration, which seemed to seal his fate, or at least hasten it.

24 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

The pictures show no injury to her. The whole case is bullshit. The state didn’t even try to reduce the felony to a class A misdemeanor assault - bodily injury - family violence for which the state only had to prove he recklessly caused her bodily injury (which only requires a showing of physical pain). 

Can I see?

25 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

batshit crazy women have the best pussy though, which makes them hard to get rid of.  I speak from experience.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bill Brasky said:

batshit crazy women have the best pussy though, which makes them hard to get rid of.  I speak from experience.  

The woman in Dallas who taught me how to fuck in my early 20’s was the craziest woman I ever dated, both in and out of the bedroom. Thankfully after three months I realized it wasn’t worth it and I bailed without any kind of Randi Trew resistance.

32 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

What pictures?

So you just made that up? From the police report…

“The woman's injuries, in addition to having been choked, were a bite mark to her right forearm with visible teeth mark and redness, an abrasion to her right eyebrow and temple area, an abrasion on her left leg spanning from her knee to foot and a cut to her left thumb with dried blood, according to the affidavit.”

If you have pictures, show us.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I believe this about domestic violence and I believe it to hold true about both men and women who hit their spouse or significant other. The first time someone is arrested for an incident is not likely to be the first time it transpired. It is the same with someone who drives drunk. The drunk driver was not participating in their first rodeo of being behind the wheel while being impaired. It was just the first time they were caught. 

Chris Beard has a whole bunch of demons to deal with in his life outside of coaching. My hope for him would be that he deals with them and becomes a better human being. That’s up to him to do that though and honestly I don’t know that he has any kind of support system around him that will help him in that regard. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Bottom line.  Chris could’ve and should’ve walked away that night 

Or any night for the past 6 years. He had all the power in that relationship, other than pussy is undefeated, which is admittedly a big exception to make. Still, while I understand her actions contributed to the situation, I blame this entire ordeal on Chris Beard. Not saying she didn't contribute, but it was his choices that ultimately led to his dismissal. Not her's. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m just grateful that Texas admin handled this mess much better than a lot of fans have. 

In a world where Texas kept Beard and Texas is in the Elite 8, you’d see nowhere the vitriol from our side against CB. This isn’t about principle, it’s about the pathological need to posture. 

I know this because I’m better than all of you.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/24/2023 at 5:36 PM, shadow_operative said:

again, he did not abuse his gf, if anything she abused him. he then reacted. if their genders were switched he'd be the victim.  he's fucking idiot, but he's not "an abusive pos", not based on anything that we know. 

“He reacted”, as you say. Yep, I’d say repeatedly biting your fiancée (as noted in the police report) is definitely a perfectly acceptable form of human interaction. 

20 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I believe this about domestic violence and I believe it to hold true about both men and women who hit their spouse or significant other. The first time someone is arrested for an incident is not likely to be the first time it transpired. It is the same with someone who drives drunk. The drunk driver was not participating in their first rodeo of being behind the wheel while being impaired. It was just the first time they were caught. 

Chris Beard has a whole bunch of demons to deal with in his life outside of coaching. My hope for him would be that he deals with them and becomes a better human being. That’s up to him to do that though and honestly I don’t know that he has any kind of support system around him that will help him in that regard. 

Sorry to derail the conversation, but which is your favorite Irish bar on Amsterdam in the 80’s?

33 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

“He reacted”, as you say. Yep, I’d say repeatedly biting your fiancée (as noted in the police report) is definitely a perfectly acceptable form of human interaction. 

Chris Beard is a piece of shit and should have been fired, but biting in this scenario is typically a defensive action in these scenarios. I have no idea if it is in this case though 

• Hook 'Em 2

Chris Beard is not in any way incapable of ending his relationship with Randi. He’s not. He’s not being held captive. He’s choosing. He’s chosen. I don’t get the defense of him at this point. The rumors are legion at this point with their toxic relationship. He’s not some unwitting fool. He’s been with her going on almost 8 years. He gets off on it. Y’all are dumbfounded as to why. It’s like a deer in headlights with some of you. They aren’t good people. Neither one is a good person. They will sink each other because neither one of them is capable of selflessness. Fuck them both. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

It seems that as time rolls on the "facts" change for some people.  Fact-check me, but I believe the police report indicated Beard was NOT drunk, and I don't recall any reference to Randi Trew being drunk.  Beyond that, as has already been pointed out, she was injured that night.  Without corroborating witnesses I imagine it's hard to suss out exactly what happened, who is telling truths, who is telling lies, etc. which is probably why the case got dropped, but it doesn't do anybody any good to posit things that the police report absolutely contradicts.

• Hook 'Em 3

Only two people know what really happened that night and what has happened over the time Beard and Trew have been together.  Unless videos magically appear, no one else will ever know the whole truth.  The University has made the decision to move on from Beard, and that was my cue to do the same.  The rest of you can do what you want, but he's gone and is never returning.  The program is bigger than he is and will survive without him.   

• Hook 'Em 4

13 hours ago, idigTexas said:

The program is bigger than he is....

Maybe.

But he's the one most responsible for the Elite Eight season we just had in only a year and a half on the job. Only the 5th one since the NCAA went to the 64 team format 40 years ago. Unless he flounders in some way, or Texas makes an amazing hire (maybe Rodney Terry), it could very well be that Beard ends up being bigger than the program. 

15 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Chris Beard is not in any way incapable of ending his relationship with Randi. He’s not. He’s not being held captive. He’s choosing. He’s chosen. I don’t get the defense of him at this point. The rumors are legion at this point with their toxic relationship. He’s not some unwitting fool. He’s been with her going on almost 8 years. He gets off on it. Y’all are dumbfounded as to why. It’s like a deer in headlights with some of you. They aren’t good people. Neither one is a good person. They will sink each other because neither one of them is capable of selflessness. Fuck them both. 

You're not the first person to post this.

They're not together any more. I know this for a fact. I don't know why people keep assuming they are. I understand there hasn't been a press release about it, but it's obvious he was in the process of moving on from the relationship when the fight occurred. It was a huge contributing factor. Not as big of a contributing factor as Beard's idiocy, but a contributing factor nonetheless.

My main point is that people should quit assuming they're still together. They absolutely are not. 100%. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, SL Xpress said:

Maybe.

But he's the one most responsible for the Elite Eight season we just had in only a year and a half on the job. Only the 5th one since the NCAA went to the 64 team format 40 years ago. Unless he flounders in some way, or Texas makes an amazing hire (maybe Rodney Terry), it could very well be that Beard ends up being bigger than the program. 

You’re really putting the pussy on a pedestal here. He already floundered in some way and got fired by said program. Nothing that happens going forward matters with regards to Chris Beard and Texas.

Edited by Hank_Hill

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

You’re really putting the pussy on a pedestal here. 

I guess. We'll see how it goes. I think he's an amazing basketball coach, and if he doesn't implode, I feel quite confident that's going to be borne out. We'll get a first hand look at it since we'll be in the same conference. 

2 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I guess. We'll see how it goes. I think he's an amazing basketball coach, and if he doesn't implode, I feel quite confident that's going to be borne out. We'll get a first hand look at it since we'll be in the same conference. 

That’s well and good, he is obviously a great coach. That doesn’t make him and his actions bigger than the program regardless of any future success.

31 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

That’s well and good, he is obviously a great coach. That doesn’t make him and his actions bigger than the program regardless of any future success.

We're working with different definitions then. 

If he goes on to win multiple national championships and becomes a hall of fame coach, meanwhile Texas only reaches the Sweet 16 once every 15 years, I'd call that him being bigger than the program. He'd go down as an all time great, meanwhile the men's basketball program would be stuck in a quagmire of underwhelming results based on the resources available.

I'm not saying that's going to happen. I am saying it could. Not sure I'm alive to see it regardless, so not sure how much it matters, really. 

5 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

Maybe.

Yup. Losing Beard will put this program into a losing tailspin. 

He wins the title this year btw. Good thing we are so virtuous!

• Fuck You 10

I think UCONN is gonna roll, I don’t think this team with Beard wins the title. I think the 1 guard position (hunter) was/is too unpredictable to win it all this year.  I could be wrong but then if Rice Carr and Disu were healthy for all of the Miami game I might say RTs gonna win it all right now. 

regardless RT coached Texas on the court to it’s best season in 15 years and it basically started with promise then looked like a complete throw away year. 

beard can have whatever credit but the coach this year was undoubtedly RT. 

can he keep the basketball culture where it was headed under Beard or was he already going 90mph down the highway? Dunno but that first Rice game was a omfg we are toast moment and look how it ended. Almost a FF appearance with basically 3 starters hurt for the last 8 mins against Miami. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Loop 1604 said:

Yup. Losing Beard will put this program into a losing tailspin. 

He wins the title this year btw. Good thing we are so virtuous!

I don't want someone who was arrested for felonious domestic assault coaching any of UT's teams. That doesn't seem virtuous. That seems like some kind of floor for the standards of the job. I don't want coaches who slept with their players while they were playing for them, either. 

If coaches around the country were getting arrested left and right and taken to jail for felony assault, then having the charges dropped later, maybe I'd change my tune. But he's the only one. The ONLY one. I can think he's one of the top 5 coaches in college basketball and still find it necessary that he was fired without feeling like UT has its halo on too tight. 

Tailspins are corrected by hiring the right guy. If Terry isn't it the UT men's basketball program isn't falling into the ocean. They'll give it another go the next time. That's how this works. I'm curious in the future to see how many truly great teams there are in college basketball. Someone with a vision, a system, and the ability to build a staff and roster that fits that vision is going to be more important than someone who can get the best players, IMO. The Sir Jabari Rice's of the world are going to continue to become more and more important in the future. The Final Four (and the Elite Eight) is filled with them. The right hire can turn things around in a single season, to be honest. 

I don't see the hire of Terry as doom and gloom, even if I don't think he's going to succeed in the end. He helped give us a magical season. IMO, he and this staff have earned the right to see what they can do together, regardless of my speculation as to how it will eventually turn out. Goodness knows I've been wrong plenty of times before. 

• Hook 'Em 4

those of you who were around might remember that i went to rehab in the summer of 2009. I don't need to tell you where Texas Athletics was at that point in time- we'd had TJ and Cat on the cover of SI in 2003 and nothing had changed since then- Texas was still the preeminent athletics program in college sports. well there was this nigerian guy working there named Victor Ike- no relation- and every morning i would read the sports page and talk to Victor about whatever i read. he was one of two people in there who helped me heal by being in tune with the sports that i loved- the other was a female doctor who was a huge USMNT fan and who was keeping me up to date with everything going on with the confed cup- i've always regretted not being able to tell her how important she was to me. but i digress.

before i left rehab i made a bet with Victor- that Texas would win a national title in football, basketball, or baseball within 'x' amount of years- i don't remember the exact time frame. i do remember him laughing in my face, just so amused at how sure i was. it was like he knew he was taking candy from a baby (haven't seen him since then ergo i haven't paid him, suck it Victor). he was so sure that Texas wouldn't win a title, and that really irked me. 

i was *so* sure that major national titles were an inevitability that i couldn't believe that anyone else would think differently. well, we're now approaching the summer of 2023, and Texas has won a grand total of *checks notes* zero major national titles since then ("major" meaning the big 3 sports). 

this is what chris beard took from us. you cannot possibly convince me that we weren't going to win a title under beard. he was going to be here 25-30 years. i'd bet dollars to donuts that he was more likely to win multiple national titles at Texas than he was to never win it all. that's what this motherfucker took from all of us. that's why this is such a big deal.

ou, hey, Terry is our coach, the players and recruits are happy, the vibes are immaculate. great. awesome. still wish Beard hadn't done what he did. i love rodney terry. always have, always will. he's still not half the head coach that chris beard is. he can't build a program like beard can. he doesn't have the pedigree that beard does. he doesn't have the vision for a program, he doesn't have the ability to engage the students/fan base, he isn't a fucking master of one side of the floor, he's not a foundational HC for a program gbat wants to win titles. he's just not.

yeah, we're all happy right now, and we're all hoping for the best, but the truth is that rodney terry has a 0.0% chance of being as successful at Texas as chris beard was going to be. that's simple fact. Beard took the golden years of Texas Hoops from us. he made us happy with (thrilled with?) hiring a coach who honestly would never even be considered for the A&M job, forget this job. he's forced us to delude ourselves into believing that everything will be alright, because that's more palatable than admitting to ourselves that the best coach we probably could ever hope to hire went and self imploded in less than two full seasons and in the process royally fucked all of us. 

well fuck that, and fuck chris beard. i can hope all i want that he's going to fall flat on his face at ole miss, but deep down we all know that SLX is probably right- he'll probably turn that program around over night and end up winning the 2027 national title at kentucky. and where will we be? wondering what to do with rodney terrry, if i had to guess. god damn it chris beard. you fucked me. you fucked all of us. and you barely even have to pay. to paraphrase the enigmatic Tiger Joe, i will never emotionally recover from this. fuck you you fucking fuck. i hope shaka smart knocks you out of the tourney next year. 

• Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi