Celebrity Death Pool -- 2023

Aqua Buddha

Julian Sands (65) perhaps entering the chat…he went hiking and has gone missing…

https://abc7.com/amp/missing-hikers-search-san-gabriel-mountains-los-angeles-county/12716530/

Sands has been missing since last week in the Mt. Baldy area. Family reported him missing on Friday evening.

According to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, severe weather on the mountain has been difficult and air resources have been limited.

Sands is known for roles in several films, including the 1985 feature "A Room with a View," "Warlock" and "Leaving Las Vegas."

Born in England, the 65-year-old now lives in the North Hollywood area.

5CD5F799-A9C5-4641-805D-0189E08E0AC3.webp

Edited by Nicole44

6 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

He also seemed like a real dickhead.

I dont recall that. Oh Yes I Can.  It's All Coming Back to Me Now.  You'd be a dickhead, too, if your Voyage took you down the Thousand Roads that man traveled.  Every time he started Looking Forward thinking the road was taking him down the straight and narrow, it was Turn! Turn! Turn!  Many have No Tears Left for the man, but I'll always appreciate his standing among the music greats.

On 1/18/2023 at 6:50 PM, Nicole44 said:

Julian Sands (65) perhaps entering the chat…he went hiking and has gone missing…

https://abc7.com/amp/missing-hikers-search-san-gabriel-mountains-los-angeles-county/12716530/

Sands has been missing since last week in the Mt. Baldy area. Family reported him missing on Friday evening.

According to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, severe weather on the mountain has been difficult and air resources have been limited.

Sands is known for roles in several films, including the 1985 feature "A Room with a View," "Warlock" and "Leaving Las Vegas."

Born in England, the 65-year-old now lives in the North Hollywood area.

5CD5F799-A9C5-4641-805D-0189E08E0AC3.webp

I thought Mt. Baldy was near San Francisco. Is there one near Hollywood also?

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I thought Mt. Baldy was near San Francisco. Is there one near Hollywood also?

No idea. But damn. I’d say he’s in the chat. He’s been missing since my birthday. I really loved him in Arachnophobia. I hope for a miracle but the weather conditions and all that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

No idea. But damn. I’d say he’s in the chat. He’s been missing since my birthday. I really loved him in Arachnophobia. I hope for a miracle but the weather conditions and all that.

Big deal. Find a Tauntaun, gut him, and it’s all warm and cozy time. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Native Horn said:

^^^^So which one died??

11 hours ago, RPM said:

I think they were implying Buzz is on the clock because of the honeymoon. But he's Buzz Fuckin' Aldrin. Did you walk on the moon? I didn't think so.

She's 63, he's 93, so I'm not sure how exciting that honeymoon is.   She obviously can't get pregnant, so could be exciting, but she can't be pregnant, so not as exciting.

And kudos to him for not marrying some 33 year old.

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

She's 63, he's 93, so I'm not sure how exciting that honeymoon is.   She obviously can't get pregnant, so could be exciting, but she can't be pregnant, so not as exciting.

And kudos to him for not marrying some 33 year old.

Yeah, at least she was alive when they faked the moon landing.

• Haha 3

Sal Bando died, Oakland A's Captain and 3b for their 3-peat WS run in the 1970's.  Accomplished GM, broadcaster and all around nice guy.  Even appeared on the Simpsons one time.  

When I got big into baseball cards in the early 1980's, it seemed like every single pack had a Sal Bando in it which was not thrilling for a kid.  Had no idea how good he was before I was born.  RIP Sal, to that great corner bag in the sky.  

• Like 1

Lance Kerwin of Salem's Lot fame dead at 62.

Salem's Lot from 1979 easily had the scariest scenes on network television history. Kid floating outside the window scared my 10 year old ass.

There were 2 of these scenes. The following is the more chilling of the two. My understanding is they broke the mechanism that allowed the kid to fly so the above scene was him just standing on a platform:

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 5

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Lance Kerwin of Salem's Lot fame dead at 62.

Salem's Lot from 1979 easily had the scariest scenes on network television history. Kid floating outside the window scared my 10 year old ass.

There were 2 of these scenes. The following is the more chilling of the two. My understanding is they broke the mechanism that allowed the kid to fly so the above scene was him just standing on a platform:

Remember him from James at 15. Always got him confused with the kid from Lucas.

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was the same age and the only think I remember about that show was the kid floating outside the window.  Scared the crap out of me.

Lance was also in a very good TV movie The Loneliest Runner that Michael Landon wrote and co-starred in.  It was about a bed wetter who would run home from school everyday to hide the sheets his mom would hangout to dry before his friends could see, eventually becoming an Olympic distant runner.  James at 15 was an excellent show, believe they had an episode of him popping his cherry Sith an exchange student.