World Cup Final - Argentina vs France

Captain Ron

17 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

The next final won't be in prime time, wish it could be. The games are going to be in the mornings and early afternoon when its back in North America. Europe is going to want the games at a "reasonable" time to watch. So likely the final will be at 1 PM Eastern here to be 6-8 PM across Europe.

For college football the 11 am games do the best numbers-wise. For the NFL the 3:25 pm games do the best. 

1 pm ET will absolutely crush ratings if that's when it is. 

Turkish chef Nusr-et Gokce, better known as 'Salt Bae', has been banned from the US Open Cup final after his antics at FIFA World Cup celebrations angered football fans across the world. Founded in 1914, it is the oldest and most prestigious soccer tournament in America. The development has been confirmed on the official Twitter handle of the US open cup.

In a tweet, US Open cup wrote, ''Salt Bae is hereby banned from the 2023 @opencup Final.''

https://www.ndtv.com/feature/salt-bae-banned-from-us-open-cup-final-after-his-antics-at-2022-fifa-world-cup-angers-fans-3629559

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

3 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Cable had nothing to do with it. The game was on broadcast for both English and Spanish. The numbers are likely pretty close. 

Cable/Streaming makes it really easy to track viewers. You no longer have to rely on a percentage of people allowing Nielsen ratings equipment into their homes.

You just need to look at the last two Presidential election cycles and the most recent midterms to see that getting an accurate assessment of what the population is doing or thinking is not as easy as it used to be. And one of the guys on The Scuffed Podcast was saying about a month ago that his grandparents don't have cable and normally never watch soccer, but watched the England v USA match and had all sorts of questions about the game. (He is African-American.)

So there's a segment of society, African-American grandparents in their 60s, that never would be considered in ratings polling.

3 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

The next final won't be in prime time, wish it could be. The games are going to be in the mornings and early afternoon when its back in North America. Europe is going to want the games at a "reasonable" time to watch. So likely the final will be at 1 PM Eastern here to be 6-8 PM across Europe.

Western Hemisphere and Far East teams will play their matches in the last time slot.

Middle Eastern, African, & European teams will play in the earlier time slots... which should destroy any shot of European teams being high successful. Those guys will melt in the midday sun.

4 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

I’m 1/2 tempted to sign back up for Orangebloods just to rub it in the face of that shithead who always used to talk shit about Messi.

I have never seen, or even heard of, a reporter thanking an athlete for all that that athlete has done for the psyche of a country. My eyes water up about half the time I watch this or read it.

FFBA115E-A0BC-4D61-898C-07DC9575D044.jpeg.a755d97be68b8278d7d0d04e6656ccdc.jpeg

I have always considered Messi a perfect system player for Barcelona, but very much an insanely talented system player. I wrote an article worth of stuff, but it’s not needed.

You cannot read or listen to what this lady says and still talk shit about Messi.

https://www.republicworld.com/amp/sports-news/football-news/argentine-reporters-emotional-message-to-lionel-messi-goes-viral-thank-you-captain-articleshow.html

• Hook 'Em 2

• 4 weeks later...