NFL Week 15

shadow_operative2.0

The ref situation is out of control but none of the media will address it because the league will crush them. Why have replay when absolute visual evidence is ignored?

The answer will never be perfect. Go to the AAFL model with 21 cameras plus Tv, it’s a replay official in the booth. That can buzz the ref immediately and override any play or call. Give the coaches six red flags a game same as timeouts. Allow them to challenge any call.

Next, refs should be held as accountable as players and coaches. League apology letters should be publicly posted. Weekly stats and grades should be posted for each ref and crew as a whole. Playoff refs should be crews not allstars based on crew performance.

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

The ref situation is out of control but none of the media will address it because the league will crush them. Why have replay when absolute visual evidence is ignored?

The answer will never be perfect. Go to the AAFL model with 21 cameras plus Tv, it’s a replay official in the booth. That can buzz the ref immediately and override any play or call. Give the coaches six red flags a game same as timeouts. Allow them to challenge any call.

Next, refs should be held as accountable as players and coaches. League apology letters should be publicly posted. Weekly stats and grades should be posted for each ref and crew as a whole. Playoff refs should be crews not allstars based on crew performance.

Totally agree but, the $9,000,000,000 entertainment company doesn’t have enough money to pay for full-time referees. It’s insane.

But, there might not be enough $$$ leftover after Goodall is paid his $63,900,000 per year.

Totally agree but, the $9,000,000,000 entertainment company doesn’t have enough money to pay for full-time referees. It’s insane.
But, there might not be enough $$$ leftover after Goodall is paid his $63,900,000 per year.

So what do you consider full time officials? The average salary in 2019 for all officials was $205k so that includes line judges and back judges. Some are making more some less. These aren’t little league umps making $30 a game.

They are well paid. They are basically full time from June thru postseason. Would paying them more or having them work in March solve the issues we see weekly? The system is broken. It’s also this attitude started under fuckhead Mike Pereira and through his successors of inserting them into the game, making them a third part of the game. I think to fix it you apply technology and process.

I’m no Goodell fan and can’t believe most of the owners are good paying him that kind of money.

I’m no Goodell fan and can’t believe most of the owners are good paying him that kind of money.

I don’t think the owners give a shit about any of this. I looked it up a while back. Avg NFL franchise was worth $1.5B when Goodell took over. At the time I looked it up avg was up to $4B I believe. So he’s made each owner an average of $2.5B during his tenure, and it’s probably still going up. That’s my guess as to why he’s still there and why he makes what he does. That and they need someone to be seen as the asshole/dumbass.

14 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

So what do you consider full time officials? The average salary in 2019 for all officials was $205k so that includes line judges and back judges. Some are making more some less. These aren’t little league umps making $30 a game.

They are well paid. They are basically full time from June thru postseason. Would paying them more or having them work in March solve the issues we see weekly? The system is broken. It’s also this attitude started under fuckhead Mike Pereira and through his successors of inserting them into the game, making them a third part of the game. I think to fix it you apply technology and process.

NFL refs are rich lawyers and reffing is just a side gig for them. They don't give a fuck about getting shit correct or being held accountable.

Did we forget what happened with PI being reviewable? The refs just straight up started ignoring all the clear evidence and sticking with their wrong calls. They are like a husband that fucks up a chore on purpose so as not to be asked to do it ever again. It's absolutely pathetic.

Edited by Pam Cummings