Single Issue Voters

Patricio Swayze

I can't believe I am starting a CR thread, but this is something that fascinates me as well as infuriates me. 

Time and time again on this site I see so called "Conservatives" claim that they don't agree with the GQP when it comes to certain issues.  Lately it as been Gun Control, Abortion, book banning, laws restricting the rights of LGBTQIA+, the war on drugs and several other political talking points.  But when pressed, they say they won't vote anything other than R (or some bullshit Libertarian) because they aren't "one issue voters".  I am perplexed because several of these posters chime in, and agree with the left on these threads.  So how many single issue do you motherfuckers need to actually not vote R??  I am really trying to understand.  Is it 2? 3 issues?  Why do y'all continue to support Trump, Abbott, Patrick, Paxton, etc?  It seems like they actually don't represent you because you keep reassuring Surly that you don't support these views.  I am seriously confused.  Help a brother understand...

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I can't believe I am starting a CR thread, but this is something that fascinates me as well as infuriates me. 

Time and time again on this site I see so called "Conservatives" claim that they don't agree with the GQP when it comes to certain issues.  Lately it as been Gun Control, Abortion, book banning, laws restricting the rights of LGBTQIA+, the war on drugs and several other political talking points.  But when pressed, they say they won't vote anything other than R (or some bullshit Libertarian) because they aren't "one issue voters".  I am perplexed because several of these posters chime in, and agree with the left on these threads.  So how many single issue do you motherfuckers need to actually not vote R??  I am really trying to understand.  Is it 2? 3 issues?  Why do y'all continue to support Trump, Abbott, Patrick, Paxton, etc?  It seems like they actually don't represent you because you keep reassuring Surly that you don't support these views.  I am seriously confused.  Help a brother understand...

I don’t really have the same experience as you.  I dont really know any Dem that is a single issue voter or any R that thinks Ds are single issue voters.  The only Rs I know that I respect are the ones they say THEY are single issue voters — abortion. 

Edited by BehoId, The Underminer!

There's no issue that makes any difference anymore. The vast base of the republican party are middle class and lower. Obama and the Democrats gave them access to health insurance they didn't have. Republicans under Trump did everything they could to tear away at it and take it from them. 

These people feel their political party is as much engrained in them as their gender. They are fed that democrats are their enemies instead of fellow Americans wanting to have a good country to live in. They think they're struggling in life because of immigrants and evil Democrats. These people are flat out stupid. 

Also you're asking in the wrong forum. Daily Texan is where most of these people here are at. But you'll never get an answer from them that would make any sense so better to just understand they're mentally flawed and treat politics the way people treat their favorite sports teams. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Hermanator said:

There's no issue that makes any difference anymore. The vast base of the republican party are middle class and lower. Obama and the Democrats gave them access to health insurance they didn't have. Republicans under Trump did everything they could to tear away at it and take it from them. 

These people feel their political party is as much engrained in them as their gender. They are fed that democrats are their enemies instead of fellow Americans wanting to have a good country to live in. They think they're struggling in life because of immigrants and evil Democrats. These people are flat out stupid. 

Also you're asking in the wrong forum. Daily Texan is where most of these people here are at .But they will scream at you to take it to the Cloak Room, where they will ignore it, so better to just understand they're mentally flawed and treat politics the way people treat their favorite sports teams. 

fixed for reality

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

emoji2958.png

I want them to show they have the balls to actually explain themselves.

They can't.

"A man cannot be reasoned out of a position he was not reasoned into."

If someone hates other people because they "look weird" or thinks women should obey men because they believe in Jesus, there's no way to have a reasonable conversation with them. 

• Like 2

They aren't single issue voters.  They're cult members.  And they rationalize their behavior by pretending to be single issue voters over either taxes or abortion.  Neither of which is true as evidenced by voting for Herschel Walker or the trump "tax cuts" that raised taxes on a lot of the middle class and really only cut taxes for the very wealthy.

• Hook 'Em 2