Rando Bowl Appreciation Thread..lawn equipment, chips, tires (doing tire things), mufflers, fast food places galore

ButtFumble

Just to be clear, SECX3 did not want to be there. CFI games are the only postseason games that count for SECX3. 

edit:  It’s a waste of the SECX3 corches’ time, for goodness sake!  

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 1

Let me see if I have it right. The popular perception of the pecking order of conferences is SECX3, then B1G, then a mix of B12/Clempsom, um, I mean ACC, then P12, then everybody else. So outside of the CFI, if a team from a “superior” conference plays one from an “inferior” conference, the “superior” team views it as a letdown and doesn’t want to be there. 
So for this Jimmy Kimmel bowl, WSU just doesn’t want to be there, right?  I want to make sure I understand the talking points. 

47 minutes ago, nnm said:

Let me see if I have it right. The popular perception of the pecking order of conferences is SECX3, then B1G, then a mix of B12/Clempsom, um, I mean ACC, then P12, then everybody else. So outside of the CFI, if a team from a “superior” conference plays one from an “inferior” conference, the “superior” team views it as a letdown and doesn’t want to be there. 
So for this Jimmy Kimmel bowl, WSU just doesn’t want to be there, right?  I want to make sure I understand the talking points. 

My wife is an alum of OSU; I would have thought they would have every reason to show up last year against Utah St. since they hadn't been to a bowl game in a while.  Beavs ended sleep-walking through a Utah St. beatdown.  I didn't see what the deal was with WSU this year because the previously mentioned Beavs were on another channel at the same time.  I could see this bowl being an L for the Pac many years.  Not justifying it...just observing a small sample size.

5 minutes ago, DukDukGru said:

My wife is an alum of OSU; I would have thought they would have every reason to show up last year against Utah St. since they hadn't been to a bowl game in a while.  Beavs ended sleep-walking through a Utah St. beatdown.  I didn't see what the deal was with WSU this year because the previously mentioned Beavs were on another channel at the same time.  I could see this bowl being an L for the Pac many years.  Not justifying it...just observing a small sample size.

So your wife is a beaver. Gonna need some photographic evidence to verify. 

• Haha 1