Port Neches Groves vs South Oak Cliff 5A-II CG

lilMAC25

2 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Crazy there’s no other posts here. Almost as if there an enforcer thread dedicated to high school football in the appropriate subforum…

This is the football forum, isn’t it?

SOC holds PNG to a 3 and out. PNG with a HUGE 62 yd punt down to the 6 yd line.

Edited by lilMAC25

This is the football forum, isn’t it?

SOC holds PNG to a 3 and out. PNG with a HUGE 62 yd punt down to the 6 yd line.

That was the nicest way I could think of telling you that you’re a moron and you won’t get any interaction here because the discussion about this game and others like it is elsewhere on this site. If I need to be more direct and hateful, I will happily oblige.
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

SOC surely doesn’t look like some juggernaut, like they’ve been billed as. They kinda look like shit, frankly. 

That D is pretty good and loaded with talent.

The offense is just Ok.

PNG with the decent drive that ends in a FG. 10-3 N-D-Ns!

Edited by lilMAC25

PNG came out of the gate looking like the championship-level team they've been all year, but couldn't adjust quickly enough to SOC's more flexible play calling and, frankly, more skilled offensive positions. SOC had a ton of offensive penalties called on them in the first half, and our run defense was great, but PNG couldn't match up to their pass playing - which, admittedly, is pretty excellent for a high school team. Sad to see my alma mater lose, but it was fun to catch up with old schoolmates and to know that some of those 5-star SOC players are coming to UT. Not a bad showing for Johnson, considering it's his first year.

• Hook 'Em 2

Pretty sure there were more PNG people there than SOC. Great energy in the stadium, for sure. The last time they got this far was the season after I graduated, and I didn't go to that game. It was fun to be back in the atmosphere of a really good high school football matchup, even if the win wasn't in our favor. My 14-year-old, who's never experienced a game like this before, had a lot of fun.

image.thumb.jpeg.4131a78d1d79bf81b6985b1a76dd85b5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f84a839fbf9afd29b0deb4aae9684d10.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

The first football game that I attended -- at age 4 or so, was a PNG game!  Go Indians!  Great season.

Both of my grandfathers worked their entire careers at the Texas Company refinery.  They both lived on Howe Street in the Groves.  My parents were both PNG graduates.

I am so very grateful that my parents relocated to Austin before my first birthday!  (And stayed there!)

• Haha 2