RPM

3 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Someone more knowledgeable than me. Wtf was the point of those schools.  What was the end game and their reason it obviously wasn’t education 

The same end game with all such endeavors, submission and cultural erasure. With the added benefit of captive religious conversion. Did the same to the aborigines in Australia and countless other places around the world. As this ain't CR, I won't go further down the rabbit hole. But it's an evil, cruel and inhuman hole that still has a direct impact today. We were/are a deplorable and despicable species for our treatment of each other. 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Someone more knowledgeable than me. Wtf was the point of those schools.  What was the end game and their reason it obviously wasn’t education 

Conquer and assimmilate.

It's the history of mankind.

They gave Harrison Ford a soliloquy on exactly that.

Edited by Augustus

3 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Really digging this show so far.  Still relevant today: fuck around with a man's grass and find out. 

This family tree helped me explain to wifey so there aren't too many "wait pause it" moments while watching. 

DD90D4E9-2536-4ED4-A3C8-88CF70B7E232.jpeg

I assume James is dead and Jacob is John Dutton The First's steward? 

Could be an interesting family civil war after they deal with Season 1's big bad, Bronn. John looks plenty old to be running a ranch. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

3 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Really digging this show so far.  Still relevant today: fuck around with a man's grass and find out. 

This family tree helped me explain to wifey so there aren't too many "wait pause it" moments while watching. 

DD90D4E9-2536-4ED4-A3C8-88CF70B7E232.jpeg

I'm interested to see more of the story on Spencer. By this, he's 31 when the U.S. enters World War I. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Publiushorn said:

I'm interested to see more of the story on Spencer. By this, he's 31 when the U.S. enters World War I. 

Saw on reddit that Spencer is carrying the knife that Elsa was given by her Indian husband in 1883. They show it on his hip in ep 1. Then he uses it in ep 2 on that leopard. 

778D900E-60CF-483B-AACC-7B1C6C44850C.webp

• Hook 'Em 4

50 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

According to the wiki cast of characters her last name is Rainwater...

I did find this. Maybe she meets and marries Longspear at the mission. 

By the second season, Monica has recovered from her injuries and returned to using her maiden name, Long, which she noted was previously Longspear before her great-grandfather was allegedly taken from his parents and given a Christian name by Catholic missionaries at a school funded by the Bureau of Indian Affairs

Edited by TonyTexas

On 1/2/2023 at 12:08 PM, Revolution512 said:

This show is excellent so far. Michelle Randolph is incredibly hot.

The two blondes are blast furnaces.  Approve.  Also I am beyond embarrassed that I didn't immediately place sweet Bronny as that sheepfucker.

I know Spencer is a tough guy who is good with a rifle and can handle himself pretty well, but damn if they're not setting him up to come in and go clint Eastwood man with no name on the sheepherders.

I did like the line of "I can't wait for you to meet my nephew"... "No the other one".

4 hours ago, Not a cat said:

I know Spencer is a tough guy who is good with a rifle and can handle himself pretty well, but damn if they're not setting him up to come in and go clint Eastwood man with no name on the sheepherders.

I did like the line of "I can't wait for you to meet my nephew"... "No the other one".

1923’s Casey