Texas vs Stanford in Dallas - 12pm on ESPN2

Pancho

1 minute ago, Hook'Em0608 said:

I’m actually happy with the passing today. They just need to make more shots. I know that sounds simple but sometimes the solution is. 

Some of the decision making hasn't been great. Whether that's shooting instead of passing or vice versa. 

They were good enough today. On to the next one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This felt like the Rice game part deux.  I'm not saying we're totally screwed, but this team seems to be slowly playing down to the competition, and the reason is probably the obvious one.

So a 10 point win over a top 60-70 kenpom team at a neutral site is the same as beating Rice in OT at home. Got it. 

Although maybe you didn't watch the 2nd half collapse against Illinois that Beard captained. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

So a 10 point win over a top 60-70 kenpom team at a neutral site is the same as beating Rice in OT at home. Got it. 

Maybe not the same.  Not exactly a neutral site, though.  It just felt a little too close for comfort.

Although maybe you didn't watch the 2nd half collapse against Illinois that Beard captained. 

You can think whatever you'd like, but you'd be wrong in this case.  Try the decaf.

34 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Not exactly a neutral site, though.

Under what definition is a 15% full NBA arena not a neutral site?

Feel free to lay out for the rest of us what Rodney Terry should have done differently today. Or just continue to bitch without knowing what you're talking about. Either way. 

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Under what definition is a 15% full NBA arena not a neutral site?

When it's 75% Texas fans?

Feel free to lay out for the rest of us what Rodney Terry should have done differently today. Or just continue to bitch without knowing what you're talking about. Either way. 

OK, this is personal for you.  Fuck off.

There’s a difference between a home crowd and a home court. For example, on your home court, you know that if you take a shot from the corner, the front of the rim lines up exactly with that one off-color chair in row 10 and you should arc your shot exactly with the : in the side scoreboard. You don’t have that comfort somewhere else.

I get they do different things and it's about keeping players fresh but Morris getting 17 minutes a game and Rice getting 25 minutes a game probably needs to change by conference play. 

Morris should be getting about half those minutes and with those minutes going to Rice. Morris has a ton of potential but Rice is a much more polished player right now. Am I wrong? 

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Took my son to the game today.  Good time.  Small crowd but those that were there were solid.   Really odd how little marketing there was for this game here.  Feel like not many locally even realized horns were in town.

Was thinking about this earlier. Social media was non existent when it came to this game. It was really odd.

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Was thinking about this earlier. Social media was non existent when it came to this game. It was really odd.

I don't know how much of it has to do with the Beard situation or what the deal was.  But I mean I got an email from Texas sports Friday highlighting the Women's game with a note to the effect that a ticket included men's game.  I've never bought tix to a women's sporting event through Texas I don't think.  It was auper odd.    But yeah, no social media buzz, billboards, local advertising, etc.   

I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday and just watched the first half today. Nice defense in the first half, Stanford was scrambling to get anything. A little slow start on offense but after Rice I wanted to see a good effort defensively and I think I saw that in the first half. 

Don't tell me who wins! Watching the second half soon.

19 hours ago, Skipper said:

Took my son to the game today.  Good time.  Small crowd but those that were there were solid.   Really odd how little marketing there was for this game here.  Feel like not many locally even realized horns were in town.

Took my son also, I got a ticketmaster email a couple of weeks ago. Other than that, I don't think i ever saw another mention of it anywhere. I read that this was the first TX MBB game in the city of Dallas since a NCAA game in 2006.  It really was a missed opportunity to "sell" the game(s) to the DFW market.

For sure, there were distractions this week but it wasn't like the game was just scheduled.

We definitely took the upgrayedd on our seat assignment and had fun.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I get they do different things and it's about keeping players fresh but Morris getting 17 minutes a game and Rice getting 25 minutes a game probably needs to change by conference play. 

Morris should be getting about half those minutes and with those minutes going to Rice. Morris has a ton of potential but Rice is a much more polished player right now. Am I wrong? 

I agree. Rice is great and Morris really hasn’t done anything this year.

It’s awful to say but man if we were gonna let a guy with a DV charge play without so much as a 1 game suspension I expected him to at least be good 

On 12/19/2022 at 12:46 PM, Valmy77 said:

I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday and just watched the first half today. Nice defense in the first half, Stanford was scrambling to get anything. A little slow start on offense but after Rice I wanted to see a good effort defensively and I think I saw that in the first half. 

Don't tell me who wins! Watching the second half soon.

We played really well at the beginning and end of the second half but let Stanford get back into it in the middle.

Kind of a meh game. Texas played better than they did against Rice. I am a little nervous this Beard-less version is still not ready for Big 12 play.

Got to beat ULaLa.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, it was a 3 point game with less than 6.5 minutes to go.

Yeah it was like we got a big lead and then rested for a bit before putting in the effort at the end. I think Stanford scored like 2 points in the last 4 minutes or something.

Can't do shit like that against good teams.