New GOP Congressman's entire resume is faked

Orale

18 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Eddie Murphy Hello GIF by Coming to America

The New York Democratic Party is getting lambasted over this.  What a shitshow.

Did they have a debate between the two general election candidates?  I understand if they didn't want to burn money in a race that seemed out of reach for awhile anyway by buying up ads saying Santos is full of shit.  But at a debate, could have easily come up with a Gotcha! soundbite, "My opponent, Mr. Santos, has not been truthful.  He never attended those schools/worked at/raised charity $ for....."  At least it would have gotten free traction in the media when the election was still in the balance.  Now he gets to hide in D.C. under the protection of McCarthy who needs every moderate Republican (like Santos) in his corner to get jackshit done. 

Probably wouldn't have made a difference in this day and age.  But show some backbone and go down swinging.  I realize not many people vote as dorky as I do where I read the Women's League Voter Guide cover to cover.  Where somebody went to college, where they worked in the private sector, where they serve philanthropically, political experience (be it volunteer, appointed, or elected).  That stuff means something to me just as much as their policy views, sometimes more.  

You tell me you line up with me in terms of principles and values.  Then toss in you went to Baruch & NYU and have substantial finance and investment prowess...I'm gonna consider that a big cherry on top of a nice Sundae.  You don't disclose your bullshit charity was fraudulent and you never even stepped on those campuses or iBanks.....that's a non-starter for me.  Fuck you, I'm voting Libertarian or skipping that race entirely.  It has got to be a fucking requirement for candidates for federal or statewide office to have to disclose tax returns, civil/criminal trouble, and a basic/non-intrusive listing of education and employment.  Election overseers and volunteers simply don't have time to pour threw the backgrounds of every single council person or dog catcher, but for the big offices...do some basic fucking investigating.  

Do they have straight ticket voting in New York State?  That's another thing I don't get.  Not just in principal but particularly in census/redistricting elections (2012, 2022, 2032, etc.).  A substantial number of Americans have to pick from a new Congressperson, State Rep., other statewide offices like BOE & other regulators, and sometimes State Senator.  It numbers in the tens of millions.  With a significant portion of your new ballot, you don't even bother finding out who these new candidates are?  I mean, at least scroll down and learn their fucking name before you pull the R or D lever and get your sticker.  

tl;dr We spend so much time and effort registering to vote, showing up to the primaries, learning early voting schedules, burn gas, wait in line, try to get the finger condom on without laughing, get to the voting machine, click, feed the paper ballot, get your sticker, and drive back to work.  That's a couple hours every two years, you can't take the extra fucking 5 minutes to read the fucking names on the ballot?  

It’s an unique situation that we will have a rep that flat out lied about pretty much everything in their past but he won’t resign or most likely will ignore calls to acknowledge it.  I assume that he will announce in early 2024 that he will not seek re election.

it’s a good lesson for both parties to spend a few hundred dollars to run a background check on opponents.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It’s an unique situation that we will have a rep that flat out lied about pretty much everything in their past but he won’t resign or most likely will ignore calls to acknowledge it.  I assume that he will announce in early 2024 that he will not seek re election.

it’s a good lesson for both parties to spend a few hundred dollars to run a background check on opponents.

18 minutes ago, RPM said:

Well, they're Democrats.

The DCCC did their homework. 

Robert Zimmerman should be run out of NY ASAP - he fucked up badly. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

It has got to be a fucking requirement for candidates for federal or statewide office to have to disclose tax returns, civil/criminal trouble, and a basic/non-intrusive listing of education and employment.  Election overseers and volunteers simply don't have time to pour threw the backgrounds of every single council person or dog catcher, but for the big offices...do some basic fucking investigating.  

I completely agree with this.   100%.    

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 9:04 AM, SubliminalHorn said:

Brazilian men are a different breed. Some of the hottest out there

Have you been to Brasil? I saw a lot more Wanderlei Silva looking dudes there than what you're describing. 

Of course in a country of millions there's going to be the share of hots just like everywhere else. 

That party now only attracts con men and grifters. Especially if you're a minority it's very easy to make a ton of money by pretending to be Republican. Let them pay you to promote their racist and exclusionary bullshit. 

People like Candice Owens got on early but now we're seeing more of that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

That party now only attracts con men and grifters. Especially if you're a minority it's very easy to make a ton of money by pretending to be Republican. Let them pay you to promote their racist and exclusionary bullshit. 

7554li.jpg.2f57d3cbc34aee2946b2970f4dfdd3aa.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Santos has claimed that his Jewish grandparents narrowly escaped Soviet persecution from Stalin only to face it again in Belgium from the Nazis before moving to Brazil.  Not only are these multiple international moves in question, it’s most likely he’s not of Jewish descent at all.

This guy is something else.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Santos has claimed that his Jewish grandparents narrowly escaped Soviet persecution from Stalin only to face it again in Belgium from the Nazis before moving to Brazil.  Not only are these multiple international moves in question, it’s most likely he’s not of Jewish descent at all.

This guy is something else.

He obviously just sat down one day and thought "who are the people that Republicans have a bad reputation for hating? Brown people, gays, Jews. Okay I'll be a gay Jewish Brazilian."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I've thought about starting some kind of website where people could donate money.  I'd have a big banner that says "Please donate, so that I can fight for you!" or some such bullshit.  

Is that illegal? Just wondering. 

I find this whole story to be absolutely fascinating- I can't wait for the Netfix Documentary!

Here's an article tackling his business dealings and claims.  It's full on Ponzi schemes, and offshore operations.  

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2022/12/scandal-struck-gop-congressman-george-santos-revived-the-firm-that-netted-him-mystery-millions/

After working at a firm that ran conferences for investors—and earning a $55,000 salary there—Santos in July 2020 was hired as a New York regional director for Harbor City, which sought investors for a business generating digital customer leads to sell. In a press release announcing this move, JP Maroney, Harbor City’s CEO, said he had known Santos for years and called him a “perfect fit.” At the time, Santos was mounting his first bid for Congress in Long Island, which he would lose that November.

When Santos joined Harbor City, the company was already in trouble. Weeks earlier, the Alabama Securities Commission had prohibited Harbor City from doing business in the state. It alleged that the company was run by “fraudsters” who were “out to deceive Alabamians and profit off unsuspecting investors by using dazzling marketing tactics to sell unregistered bonds.”

In April 2021, the SEC filed its complaint charging that the firm and Maroney had mounted an extensive Ponzi scheme. The agency maintained that Maroney pocketed more than $4.8 million of the $17.1 million he raised from investors and used that money to pay $1.35 million in personal credit card bills, buy a $90,000 Mercedes-Benz, and purchase a waterfront home. The only other person named in the complaint was Maroney’s wife. No other Harbor City employees were implicated. In October, Maroney, who is representing himself, requested a stay in the SEC action against him and Harbor City, noting that he “is currently the target in a related criminal investigation.” Maroney did not respond to messages requesting comment.

Santos has said he was unaware of the alleged Ponzi operation.

Weeks after the SEC leveled its accusation against Maroney and Harbor City, Santos formed Devolder Organization LLC and incorporated it in Florida. (His full name is George Devolder-Santos.) The registered agent for Devolder was D&D International Investment Services. That company is run by DeVaughn Dames, who served as Harbor City’s chief financial officer. Around the same time, Dames also formed a company for another Harbor City exec, Paul Nicolini.

When Mother Jones called a number associated with Nicolini, the person who answered immediately hung up after hearing Santos’ name.

What Devolder did is unclear. On a campaign website in 2021, Santos described it as his family’s firm and said he was a managing member who oversaw “asset allocations” of $80 million. There is nothing in the public record that explains how he and his family supposedly came to oversee such a large fortune. The Times reported that Santos was evicted from apartments in Queens in 2015 and 2017. (He later claimed to be a landlord impacted by a New York eviction moratorium, though his financial disclosure filings contained no information indicating he owned property in the United States.)

In April 2022, Santos provided a different description of Devolder to the Daily Beast. He said he had started Devolder to help “all the people who were left adrift [by Harbor City].” He also said that the firm had by then been dissolved.

On the financial disclosure form Santos filed in September 2022, he characterized Devolder in yet another way, calling it a “Capital intro consulting company.” He stated that he had earned $750,000 in salary and between $1 million $5 million in dividend income from Devolder in 2021 and the same amounts in 2022. This means he claimed he pulled in between $3.5 million and $11.5 million from a firm that existed less than a year, that produced no public signs of any work, not even a website, and that he has not described consistently. Santos also stated on his 2022 form that he had a checking account worth between $100,000 and $250,000 and a savings account worth between $1 million and $5 million. His 2020 financial disclosure form listed no such accounts and no such assets.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

I find this whole story to be absolutely fascinating- I can't wait for the Netfix Documentary!

Here's an article tackling his business dealings and claims.  It's full on Ponzi schemes, and offshore operations.  

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2022/12/scandal-struck-gop-congressman-george-santos-revived-the-firm-that-netted-him-mystery-millions/

There was a "bitch about my sales job" on TOS.  These guys were sales gurus.  How they pulled in millions somehow while selling who-knows-what is mind bottling.  

Either they were smooth . . .  or drug dealers.

Edited by Bullneck

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

It turns out his actual real name is Jesse Beauregard Smith. He's from Fritters, Alabama, has been married three times, was formerly an evangelical minister until that incident with the 13-year-old which HE DIDN'T DO and, besides, she looked like she was 20,  and also owned a muffler shop/liquor store until the tornado came through. 

Thank you. We here in Fritters have been trying to get the Lame-stream Media to cover it, but our phone calls go straight to some guy who sounds like he is in India. Says his name is Steve, which I doubt.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

It turns out his actual real name is Jesse Beauregard Smith. He's from Fritters, Alabama, has been married three times, was formerly an evangelical minister until that incident with the 13-year-old which HE DIDN'T DO and, besides, she looked like she was 20,  and also owned a muffler shop/liquor store until the tornado came through. 

You should get one of the guitar nerds on this site to work up a couple of licks, and you'll be at the top of the country charts in no time. 

• Drool 1

https://www.axios.com/2022/12/22/george-santos-new-york-ag-probes-resume-scandal?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_source=twitter

Incoming Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) on Thursday broke his silence about reports that he fabricated much of his resume, saying he has “a story to tell” next week.

Why it matters: As new revelations continue to mount about Santos’ alleged widespread deceptions, House Republicans have been placed in an extremely tough spot as they prepare to take the majority by a razor-thin margin.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), who will likely need Santos’ vote for speaker, ignored questions about Santos when walking into the House chamber on Thursday.

Driving the news: New York Attorney General Letitia James is investigating "some of the issues raised about Santos," her office told Axios.

What he's saying: “To the people of [New York’s 3rd district] I have my story to tell and it will be told next week," Santos tweeted on Thursday. "I want to assure everyone that I will address your questions.”

“I remain committed to deliver the results I campaigned on; Public safety, Inflation, Education & more. Happy Holidays to all!”

This is the first time Santos has addressed the allegations directly after days of relying on a statement from his attorney calling them "defamatory" and a “shotgun blast of attacks."

Incoming Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) on Thursday broke his silence about reports that he fabricated much of his resume, saying he has “a story to tell” next week.

Why cant he simply explain the inconsistencies today? Oh that's right, they need more time to concoct some bullshit story that explains away the multiple lies he has told. Chance of this story scoring a hilariously perfect 10 on the "unbelievable bullshit scale" - 100%. Chances that every GQP rube buys into it - also 100%

image.png.0ee3c2423ad40859c52aabbc91be017e.png

• Rage+1 1

59 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Why cant he simply explain the inconsistencies today? Oh that's right, they need more time to concoct some bullshit story that explains away the multiple lies he has told. Chance of this story scoring a hilariously perfect 10 on the "unbelievable bullshit scale" - 100%. Chances that every GQP rube buys into it - also 100%

image.png.0ee3c2423ad40859c52aabbc91be017e.png

I mean what's the recourse? He's clearly not fit to serve as Congressman for that district as his entire story is based on lies. Do they disqualify him? Can they? Do they have to do a special election? Does the GQP get to nominate somebody to serve in his stead?

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

I mean what's the recourse? He's clearly not fit to serve as Congressman for that district as his entire story is based on lies. Do they disqualify him? Can they? Do they have to do a special election? Does the GQP get to nominate somebody to serve in his stead?

He’s not gonna resign bc he’s a Republican and McCarthy needs him, so they won’t refuse to seat him. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He’s not gonna resign bc he’s a Republican and McCarthy needs him, so they won’t refuse to seat him. 

I understand that. But what happens if he's just seen as unfit to serve. Who gets to choose who replaces him? Is it a special election? Or does the winning side get to pick a replacement until the next election? If it's a brand new election, I can see why the GQP wouldn't want to go that route as there's a good chance they lose the seat to the Dems. But if they get to pick another GQP bootlicker, why wouldn't they dump Santos and push forward that way?

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

But what happens if he's just seen as unfit to serve.

Is that even a thing, as most of them are unfit to serve, but he was elected. If he’s seen as unfit to serve, he’ll be voted out in 2024 if he doesn’t resign. It would be up to the GOP House caucus to refuse to seat him and then force a special election. They won’t do that. 

He’s going to serve his term unless he resigns in disgrace (lol). House vacancies are always decided by special elections 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Is that even a thing, as most of them are unfit to serve, but he was elected. If he’s seen as unfit to serve, he’ll be voted out in 2024 if he doesn’t resign. It would be up to the GOP House caucus to refuse to seat him and then force a special election. They won’t do that. 

He’s going to serve his term unless he resigns in disgrace (lol). House vacancies are always decided by special elections 

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

In fact he could be sworn in and then never show up to work or on the floor for his entire term and nothing bad will happen to him as long he’s a GOP holding that seat. 

Gotcha. You would hope that there would be some recourse for somebody who was clearly elected with a completely fabricated resume and may also have committed crimes along way but ...

smile-laughing.gif

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Who knows, but we're talking about a party that thought Trump was fit to serve as our f'n president. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/george-santos-apparent-lies-republicans-kevin-mccarthy-response-2022-12

Walt Shaub, the senior ethics fellow at the Project on Government Oversight, told Insider  that it's unlikely the GOP will be able to actually remove Santos from office. He said there are two separate procedures for removal: exclusion and expulsion.

An exclusion would mean that the House would refuse to seat a representative-elect for not meeting the "qualifications to be a member of Congress or because the election itself was invalid."

Neither of those scenarios appear to apply to Santos.

Expulsion is when the House or Senate explicitly removes a member from the chamber for character issues, misconduct, or general fitness to serve. This can only happen via a two-thirds vote.

Santos' expulsion is unlikely, Shaub said, because "if we banned members of Congress for lying, other sitting members would have to worry about their jobs right now."

For the reasons in bold, you wont be seeing a two-thirds vote in favor his removal. That's probably a precedent members on both side of the aisle don't want to set. I think it would take more than has been exposed so far to prevent him from getting seated. However, this dude definitely looks like he could have the remains of a few small boys in his crawlspace, so you never know if they keep digging.

image.png.8dd85b8ee1264595b23408f004789f39.png

4 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Can’t hate on a 13-year-old with the drive to open a muffler shop/package store. Hope it was insured. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Who knows, but we're talking about a party that thought Trump was fit to serve as our f'n president. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/george-santos-apparent-lies-republicans-kevin-mccarthy-response-2022-12

For the reasons in bold, you wont be seeing a two-thirds vote in favor his removal. That's probably a precedent members on both side of the aisle don't want to set. I think it would take more than has been exposed so far to prevent him from getting seated. However, this dude definitely looks like he could have the remains of a few small boys in his crawlspace, so you never know if they keep digging.

image.png.8dd85b8ee1264595b23408f004789f39.png

McCarthy even considering an expulsion vote would get him stabbed like Caesar by the rest of the caucus. It ain’t happening. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This should lead to some fun candidate bios in 24, as the takeaway lesson from this will be that nobody checks so make up whatever you want. 

“Why yes, I served with the CIA but it was classified and they will deny I ever went on those missions or that I even worked for The Agency.”

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

“Why yes, I served with the CIA but it was classified and they will deny I ever went on those missions or that I even worked for The Agency.”

"In fact, having a background as unflattering as these stories indicate would make it impossible for me to ever pass a CIA background check. It was the perfect cover"

guy-with-black-jacket-think.gif

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

My post-doctoral fellowship at scripps can’t be verified because it is recorded under my original name before I entered into the witness protection program as a result of discovering and bringing down a multibillion dollar fentanyl smuggling operation, which I stumbled onto inadvertently after taking a wrong turn while learning an additional meals on wheels route just after returning from my most recent national guard deployment. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2