New GOP Congressman's entire resume is faked

Orale

7 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I've thought about starting some kind of website where people could donate money.  I'd have a big banner that says "Please donate, so that I can fight for you!" or some such bullshit.  

Is that illegal? Just wondering. 

Gene Scott became very successful doing that very thing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I bet he comes out with some sob story about mental illness BUT his recent therapy and medication (since Election Day) has stabilized him. He will 100% support all of the issues that conservative want from him.

and calling out his lies is mental illness shaming.

make it about the horrible people that are calling him a liar.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I bet he comes out with some sob story about mental illness BUT his recent therapy and medication (since Election Day) has stabilized him. He will 100% support all of the issues that conservative want from him.

and calling out his lies is mental illness shaming.

make it about the horrible people that are calling him a liar.

Or just attack the media. 

CBS News quoted a pastor, Father Jose Carlos da Silva, of Saint Rita's Catholic Church, in Long Island City, Queens, on Thursday, who said he knew Santos' family well. After Santos' mother, Fatima Devolder, died in 2016, Santos told da Silva that the family couldn't afford a funeral, CBS reported.

Since his entire resume and life story is a lie I am going to add to it. George O’Leary was a liar who got a big time job based on lies. I am very much saying that O’Leary is the actual father of George Santos. The evidence of this being true is so compelling that there does not need to be an investigation. Lying runs in this family, especially among the males named George.

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Santos argues that he’s not a criminal. I’m going to bet the NY AG challenges that assertion.

also if you’re tied up in alleged shady financial dealings, it might not be best to run for congress. 

I'm pretty sure the shady financial dealings were made so that he would run for Congress. 

8 hours ago, DixonHur said:

What are the rules for a recall election?

Pretty sure that’s not a thing for Congress/Senate. Only state officials can be recalled and only in like 20 states. He’d have to be expelled and force a special election. 

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Pretty sure that’s not a thing for Congress/Senate. Only state officials can be recalled and only in like 20 states. He’d have to be expelled and force a special election. 

If he were a Democrat then his party would force him to resign. The Republicans have no integrity so we’ll have to rely on pressure from the public and the press. It will be an interesting case study to see how it plays out. I don’t see how he can possibly survive this mess. He won’t be able to go anywhere or do anything without his totally fabricated history being the main topic of conversation. He should be mocked and ridiculed daily. How can he possibly stand before his constituents and make them any promises? Why should anyone believe a single word he says?

In a normal world he’d be gone before the New Year. But the world hasn’t been very normal lately. So we’ll see.

• Rage+1 1

Look it's not about where I did go or didn't go to college.  Or even about whether or not I finished high school, speak Portuguese, or even English.  And maybe I didn't work for Goldman or Citi because they're trying to keep the working class down.  And maybe my charity for animals exists and doesn't disclose its cash flow or the animals ate our IRS reporting documents.  It's about Hunter Biden's laptop and how I'd like to suck his cock.  What?  Who said that?  I'm calling for investigations!  

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

where did he get the money to loan to his campaign ?

I think this really gets to the heart of it.  I don't think lying about where (or whether) you went to college is disqualifying.  And I actually think better of him for not having worked at Goldman.

But those lies reveal something much more important: we have no idea who this guy actually is.  And, more importantly, we have no idea who he's working for.  And he's definitely working for someone who didn't want to adhere to campaign-finance regulations.

And think about that for a minute.  One could've gone through the normal process of setting up a dark-money PAC and funding Santos through a number of shell corporations that would have made it impossible to ascertain who was really behind it.  But no--that was too public and too risky.  Instead, someone came up with this.

Who the fuck is that interested in hiding his/her/its campaign donations?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Look it's not about where I did go or didn't go to college.  Or even about whether or not I finished high school, speak Portuguese, or even English.  And maybe I didn't work for Goldman or Citi because they're trying to keep the working class down.  And maybe my charity for animals exists and doesn't disclose its cash flow or the animals ate our IRS reporting documents.  It's about Hunter Biden's laptop and how I'd like to suck his cock.  What?  Who said that?  I'm calling for investigations!  

I read that in Otter's voice while humming the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I think this really gets to the heart of it.  I don't think lying about where (or whether) you went to college is disqualifying.  And I actually think better of him for not having worked at Goldman.

But those lies reveal something much more important: we have no idea who this guy actually is.  And, more importantly, we have no idea who he's working for.  And he's definitely working for someone who didn't want to adhere to campaign-finance regulations.

And think about that for a minute.  One could've gone through the normal process of setting up a dark-money PAC and funding Santos through a number of shell corporations that would have made it impossible to ascertain who was really behind it.  But no--that was too public and too risky.  Instead, someone came up with this.

Who the fuck is that interested in hiding his/her/its campaign donations?

Saudi Arabia Laughing GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

where did he get the money to loan to his campaign ?

Mother Jones did some good preliminary reporting on it that I linked a while back. 

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2022/12/scandal-struck-gop-congressman-george-santos-revived-the-firm-that-netted-him-mystery-millions/

When Santos joined Harbor City, the company was already in trouble. Weeks earlier, the Alabama Securities Commission had prohibited Harbor City from doing business in the state. It alleged that the company was run by “fraudsters” who were “out to deceive Alabamians and profit off unsuspecting investors by using dazzling marketing tactics to sell unregistered bonds.”

In April 2021, the SEC filed its complaint charging that the firm and Maroney had mounted an extensive Ponzi scheme. The agency maintained that Maroney pocketed more than $4.8 million of the $17.1 million he raised from investors and used that money to pay $1.35 million in personal credit card bills, buy a $90,000 Mercedes-Benz, and purchase a waterfront home. The only other person named in the complaint was Maroney’s wife. No other Harbor City employees were implicated. In October, Maroney, who is representing himself, requested a stay in the SEC action against him and Harbor City, noting that he “is currently the target in a related criminal investigation.” Maroney did not respond to messages requesting comment.

Santos has said he was unaware of the alleged Ponzi operation.

Scott Silver, a Florida attorney who has represented Harbor City investors allegedly bilked, said there should have been many red flags for Santos and other employees. “Any person from the financial services industry, who went to work for a company like Harbor City, should immediately have recognized that Harbor City wasn’t properly registered as a financial services company,” Silver told Mother Jones. “Even if you didn’t know the company was operating as a fraud or a Ponzi scheme, a sophisticated person affiliated with the company should have known they weren’t licensed to do what they claimed to be doing.”

Weeks after the SEC leveled its accusation against Maroney and Harbor City, Santos formed Devolder Organization LLC and incorporated it in Florida. (His full name is George Devolder-Santos.) The registered agent for Devolder was D&D International Investment Services. That company is run by DeVaughn Dames, who served as Harbor City’s chief financial officer. Around the same time, Dames also formed a company for another Harbor City exec, Paul Nicolini.

TLDR:  He worked for a company called Harbor City that got blown up as a Ponzi Scheme.  He then started a company called Devolder with the former CFO of Harbor City.  My guess is that he either made a bunch of money off of Harbor City or, (more likely) recreated the scheme at his own company.

Edited by TexasHooch
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If he were a Democrat then his party would force him to resign. The Republicans have no integrity so we’ll have to rely on pressure from the public and the press. It will be an interesting case study to see how it plays out. I don’t see how he can possibly survive this mess. He won’t be able to go anywhere or do anything without his totally fabricated history being the main topic of conversation. He should be mocked and ridiculed daily. How can he possibly stand before his constituents and make them any promises? Why should anyone believe a single word he says?

In a normal world he’d be gone before the New Year. But the world hasn’t been very normal lately. So we’ll see.

History shows that the only way that the GOP kicks out their own is if it's discovered that the congressmember is gay. Which is a head scratcher here since he has always said he's gay.

The only other forced resignations that I can recall are related to going to prison. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

History shows that the only way that the GOP kicks out their own is if it's discovered that the congressmember is gay. Which is a head scratcher here since he has always said he's gay.

The only other forced resignations that I can recall are related to going to prison. 

If he comes out as pro-vaccine, he’s toast. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

A sitting GOP politician going to jail today would just be proof of a deep state leftist witch hunt, and their approval would go up.

• Like 2

So will Brazil take him? This clown fraud deserves to be thrown under the jail and Zimmerman should be tarred and feathered and sent to Antarctica for losing to someone like this. I hope AG James throws the book at him and that the ricochet gives Zimmerman a mild concussion since his inability to beat whoever that guy really is is the reason for this mess.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

You know, they say that with Republicans every accusation is a confession.  Sometimes they say Republicans are Goebblizing by accusing their opponents of what they do.  Let's go to 2:30 and see!

Even his accent sounds fake.

For future reference you can cue a video to a specific point by appending &t=XhYmZs to the URL, where X, Y, and Z stand for hours, minutes, and seconds, respectively. So to cue that to 2:30 the URL would be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bOhnt7ge60&t=2m30s

• Hook 'Em 3

Intrater?  Seriously?  

I know I've posted this a hundred times, but the simulation isn't even fucking trying anymore with these names and plotlines.  

Intrater can go both ways with sinister spellings.  Kinda like Santos.  I'll leave it to the brilliant Long Island GOP elites to sort it out. 

Come the fuck on, this isn't even comical anymore.  It's just bad Carrot Top schtick at this point.  If you're gonna fuck us, at least make us laugh first.