New GOP Congressman's entire resume is faked

Orale

I don't want to take away from his guilt and the GOP's culpability in all this.  But I'm just picturing the Long Island Democratic 'Machine' popping in on the campaign office of their candidate and asking, "Hey, did yous guys finish the oppo research on Santos yet?  Polls open tomorrow!"  

And some intern turns around and says, "Almost done, we're on top of it.  I'll have a memo drafted by tonight!"

Democratic Operator, "Is that?  What the fuck?  Were you just using that for research?"

D-Intern, "Yep, went through the whole thing!  Have my report for you in a few!"

Democratic Operator, "That's a fucking microfiche machine!"

D-Intern, "Nothing but the best.  Spare no expense, Campaign Manager told me." 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I don't want to take away from his guilt and the GOP's culpability in all this.  But I'm just picturing the Long Island Democratic 'Machine' popping in on the campaign office of their candidate and asking, "Hey, did yous guys finish the oppo research on Santos yet?  Polls open tomorrow!"  

DCCC published the oppo research in June 2022.

George-Santos-Research-Book.pdf (dccc.org)

Zimmerman, the Dem candidate, fumbled this so badly.  He shouldn't have talked about anything but the oppo research. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Oh, I know.  I'm just picturing Long Island Incompetence.  Which is also the name of my high fiber supplement.  Wait, that's Long Island Incontinence.  

This whole thing is just fucking amazing to me.  In a sea of corruption, fraud, lies, and deceit...this guy came out of the gate absolutely fucking storming.  I mean, musicals will be written about this long after we've forgotten about Boebert and Gaetz.  Entire lines of sweater vests will be marketed when we are very old men.  

20 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Have we positively determined that he’s an American citizen?

Yeah, I think so.  There was a recent article in the Intelligencer entitled "Here's every Lie Told by George Santos". They actually missed a few (brain cancer survivor, one of the 1st Covid patients in the US), but they noted that his citizenship as about the only thing he's said that is true.

As he has claimed, Santos is a 34-year-old Republican born in Queens who will represent New York’s wealthiest congressional district. Other than that, pretty much everything is under scrutiny.

They didn't show their work, but I take it to mean it's been verified.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I almost destroyed my tv yesterday when I heard Wolf Blitzer refer to him as "controversial congressman George Santos". "Parts of his resume may have been embellished." That's it, I quit. 

Santos- Ok. I lied.

Liberal media- We're not sure, but Santos may have lied. 

• Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Paywalled.

Yeah, and if you give me $20...I'll open the paywall.  And then you can make your money back by charging $5 to 5 people to open up said paywall again.  Do you not understand how this fucking works, you imbecile?  

On 1/13/2023 at 12:48 PM, Foosters said:

Forget campaign finance laws and congressional ethics inquires, maybe someone here can explain to me how raising millions in cash from individuals based entirely on lies doesn't constitute good old-fashioned fraud.

It does. 

Edited by Hookah Horns

7 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

It does. 

You know what pisses me off?  If I picked up a dropped nickel at the grocery store and didn't turn it in, I would probably get arrested.  These fucks can launder millions and the general reaction of the legal community is "oh well, nevertheless".

I might be exaggerating.

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You know what pisses me off?  If I picked up a dropped nickel at the grocery store and didn't turn it in, I would probably get arrested.  These fucks can launder millions and the general reaction of the legal community is "oh well, nevertheless".

I might be exaggerating.

Haha same here. I actually got arrested by APD for jaywalking. What a world. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Days after a Republican official told reporters that embattled Rep. George Santos once lied about being a college volleyball "star," a new report suggests that some of the "key elements" of Santos' story bear a striking resemblance to the resume of his former boss, Pablo Oliveira.

Inside Edition reports that Oliveira, who was Santos' boss at financial services company LinkBridge Investors, graduated from Baruch University, where he played on the school's winning volleyball team and was a two-time All-American volleyball player. A LinkedIn profile appears to back up Oliveira's resume, though little is known about LinkBridge itself.

https://people.com/politics/george-santos-resume-similarities-former-boss-pablo-oliveira/

image.thumb.png.f2e4a91ade870f0b22c81c38589b5672.png

This get posted yet: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/new-details-link-george-santos-to-cousin-of-sanctioned-russian-oligarch/ar-AA16omFP

Surprise, surprise, surprise -- ties to a Russian oligarch.

George Santos, the freshman Republican congressman from New York who lied about his biography, has deeper ties than previously known to a businessman who cultivated close links with a onetime Trump confidant and who is the cousin of a sanctioned Russian oligarch, according to video footage and court documents.

Andrew Intrater and his wife each gave the maximum $5,800 to Santos’ main campaign committee and tens of thousands more since 2020 to committees linked to him, according to filings with the Federal Election Commission. Intrater’s cousin is Russian billionaire Viktor Vekselberg, who has been sanctioned by the U.S. government for his role in the Russian energy industry.

The relationship between Santos and Intrater goes beyond campaign contributions, according to a statement made privately by Santos in 2020 and a court filing the following year in a lawsuit brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission against a Florida-based investment firm, Harbor City Capital, where Santos worked for more than a year.

Taken together, the evidence suggests Santos may have had a business relationship with Intrater as Santos was first entering politics in 2020. It also shows, according to the SEC filing, that Intrater put hundreds of thousands of dollars into Santos’ onetime employer, Harbor City, which was accused by regulators of running a Ponzi scheme. Neither Santos nor Intrater responded to requests for comment. Attorneys who have represented Intrater also did not respond.

The congressman, whose election from Long Island last year helped the GOP secure its narrow House majority, has apologized for what he called “résumé embellishment” while rebuffing calls for his resignation. He is under scrutiny by prosecutors in New York and Rio de Janeiro.

Ties between Santos, 34, and Intrater, 60, reflect the ways Santos found personal and political support on his path to public office.

While Intrater is a U.S. citizen, his company, the investment firm Columbus Nova, has historically had extensive ties to the business interests of his Russian cousin. As recently as 2018, when Vekselberg was sanctioned by the Treasury Department, his conglomerate was Columbus Nova’s largest client, the company confirmed to The Post that year.

Intrater’s interactions in 2016 and 2017 with Michael Cohen, who at the time was working as a lawyer for Donald Trump, were probed during special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election and possible links between Trump and the Kremlin.

Intrater’s company paid the lawyer and self-described Trump fixer to identify deals for his business, and court records show they exchanged hundreds of texts and phone calls. Neither Intrater nor Vekselberg was accused of wrongdoing in Mueller’s investigation.

In 2020, when Santos was tasked by Harbor City with locating investors in New York, he claimed in a Harbor City meeting held over Zoom that Intrater’s investment firm, Columbus Nova, was a “client” of his, according to footage obtained by The Washington Post.

He made the comment during a discussion of the difficulties of residential real estate investing, in particular for investors who put money into the 1,400-foot tall tower at 432 Park Avenue in Manhattan, which for a time was the tallest residential building in the world. Intrater did not respond to a question about whether he or Columbus Nova was involved in the project.

“You might know who they are,” Santos added in the company meeting, referring to Columbus Nova. “They’ve made the news on several occasions. They were heavily involved with the Russia probe. Unjustified.”

“But they’re a real estate company,” Santos added. “They’re legitimate.”

Santos did not respond to a text message seeking comment. Intrater did not respond to an emailed question about whether his firm was Santos’s client as claimed or about the deposit with Harbor City.

The congressman has falsified substantial aspects of his work experience. And, in the Harbor City Zoom meetings reviewed by The Post, he recounted dealings with other prominent investors or moneyed organizations that those entities denied took place.

But Harbor City was able to land a $625,000 deposit from a company registered in Mississippi that identifies Intrater as its lone officer, according to an exhibit included in the SEC’s complaint against Harbor City. The alleged deposit, which is undated, is included in a chart that lists several entities that the SEC says made payments to Harbor City.

The Mississippi company, FEA Innovations, is registered to Intrater, according to secretary of state records. Registration documents include no other officers or directors and identify Intrater’s address as the same one used by Columbus Nova on Madison Avenue in Manhattan. Columbus Nova is now known as Sparrow Capital.

In the SEC action, initiated in April 2021, regulators accused Harbor City and its founder of running a “classic Ponzi scheme” — promising investors reliable profit and instead bilking them out of millions.

The SEC complaint did not name Santos, who has denied knowledge of the alleged wrongdoing, although he had been told by a prospective investor that the firm was using a fraudulent bank document, as The Post previously reported.

Harbor City’s founder, J.P. Maroney, has denied the SEC allegations, which were brought in federal court in Florida. The company itself has not responded in court. Maroney did not respond to a text message about the alleged deposit from Intrater’s firm. The exhibit that identifies the alleged deposit from Intrater’s company does not elaborate on its purpose or suggest that Intrater had knowledge of purported wrongdoing at Harbor City.

After Harbor City’s assets were frozen, and with assistance from a fellow former Harbor City employee, Santos in 2021 formed a company, the Devolder Organization, that paid him at least $3.5 million over the next two years, according to Florida business records and financial disclosure forms he filed as a candidate. Santos loaned his campaign more than $700,000 but did not report any income from Harbor City despite having been paid by the company as recently as April 2021.

Details of Santos’s tenure at Harbor City were confirmed by a court-appointed lawyer overseeing liquidation of the company’s assets.

Columbus Nova became a subject of interest for the Mueller investigation as prosecutors probed the ties forged by Intrater and his company with Cohen, a confidant of Trump’s at the time.

Intrater donated $250,000 to Trump’s inaugural committee, according to campaign finance records, and attended the 2017 inaugural, along with Vekselberg. The Washington Post has reported that the two men encountered Cohen at the inauguration. Not long after, Columbus Nova began paying Cohen as part of a contract to recruit new investors for the company, The Post reported. Court records show the payments totaled $583,000.

Court records also show that Cohen and Intrater exchanged more than 1,000 calls and text messages between November 2016 and November 2017. Intrater donated $35,000 to attend a 2017 fundraiser for Trump’s reelection, attending at Cohen’s invitation, The Post has reported.

Federal officials questioned both Intrater and Vekselberg during the probe, interviewing the latter after his private airplane made a stop in the United States in 2018, people familiar with the investigation said.

Cohen ultimately pleaded guilty to campaign finance violations, tax and bank fraud and lying to Congress — matters unrelated to his interactions with Columbus Nova. Intrater told the New York Times in 2019 that his omission from Mueller’s final report “confirms what I knew all along — that I’ve done nothing wrong.”

Cohen later turned on Trump, criticizing him in a 2019 congressional hearing and cooperating with investigations into his former boss’ business practices.

Vekselberg and his company, Renova, were sanctioned by the Treasury Department in April 2018, cited for benefiting from Russian President Vladimir Putin’s “malign activity around the globe.” In April 2022, following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Vekselberg’s $90 million yacht was seized by Spanish authorities at the request of the United States.

Columbus Nova has long been described as closely associated with the Renova Group, a Russian conglomerate run by Vekselberg. As recently as 2017, a website for Renova Group listed Columbus Nova as one of its companies, and Columbus Nova confirmed to The Post in 2018 that Vekselberg’s conglomerate was at that time its largest client. However, the firm said at the time that it was owned by Americans and had never been controlled by Renova Group or Vekselberg.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

On 1/13/2023 at 12:48 PM, Foosters said:

Forget campaign finance laws and congressional ethics inquires, maybe someone here can explain to me how raising millions in cash from individuals based entirely on lies doesn't constitute good old-fashioned fraud.

Perhaps in some long forgotten era of the United States, but this fucking clown was just president of the US

The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol is calling it "the Big Rip Off."

It says the Trump campaign took $250 million in donations from supporters that it said would go to an election defense fund to pay for legal fees to overturn the 2020 presidential election results. But the fund was never actually created, Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., one of the committee members, said Monday in the panel's second public hearing.

Instead, the money went to the Save America political action committee, she said, and the money went from there to several pro-Trump organizations which are headed by former officials close to Donald Trump's inner circle.

I'm sure they will get right on indicting Trump for that stunt......immediately after they dont indict Trump for any of the other multitude of crimes he committed. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

The guy doesn't pay his own legal bills.  You think he was gonna fork over $250mm to pay for the legal fees of nearly 1000 of the dumbest fucking people in our country?  I'm genuinely surprised Trump bothered with the trappings of a PAC for election defense funds.  He should just been his usual blunt self, called it "Fuck You, Pay me" PAC and put in bold letters "None of this will be used for J6 defendants!"  and he'd probably have made more money.

Santos is a pretty damn good grifter right outta the gate.  I'm impressed.  I'm guessing Donald is impressed.  A fisherman always sees another fisherman from afar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/14/2023 at 1:21 PM, YChang said:

What’s with these gutless media anchors/producers afraid of just calling him a liar. 

They're lazy, dull-minded, and hidebound. They have templates for certain news stories and language that they hate varying from. Their default analysis is electoral politics and they're not good at discussing anything in a relevant way. CNN is unwatchable.

• Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

They're lazy, dull-minded, and hidebound. They have templates for certain news stories and language that they hate varying from. Their default analysis is electoral politics and they're not good at discussing anything in a relevant way. CNN is unwatchable.

Yeah I don't get it, they should be hammering him about being a liar and wtf hasn't one them interrupted when he says "he was elected to"  saying no you weren't elected, a fictional character you made up was elected but you, George Santos was not elected. You lied about who you are and committed fraud.

I can't believe all of this happening and it feels like its basically being swept under the rug. I don't think the GOP will remove him from office or hold another election because their lead is so narrow, politics above ethics. 

I do wonder if citizens in his district could file some sort of law suit?

This whole thing is just fucking crazy

A compulsive, lying fraudster was put onto the United States House of Representatives Committee on Small Business.  In a Chamber dominated by lawyers and legitimate small business owners themselves, he was selected for his experience operating a small business that (checks notes) was involved in a the sale of a product called "Ponzis"?  Do I have that right? 

Jokes about space travel aside, the man who is currently under investigation for illicit business dealings and tax fraud as a business principal?  He gets to be a majority member of the Small Business Committee?  

$50 and Waffle House with Brisket says he eventually is named co-chair of SBA Subcommittee on either Tax & Capital Access or Oversight, Investigations, & Regulations.  I know some of you are atheist or agnostic, but many of you are people of organized faith or at least personalized spirituality.  And I know we're are smack dab between Christmas and the start of Lent.  BUT WE ARE LIVING IN A GODDAMN FUCKING COMPUTER SIMULATION!  THIS IS ALL THERE IS!  THIS IS IT! 

• Haha 1

We have now entered evil supervillain territory.

Disabled Veteran: George Santos Took $3K From Dying Dog's GoFundMe

In May 2016, Richard Osthoff was living in a tent in an abandoned chicken coop on the side of Route 9 in Howell, New Jersey, with his beloved service dog Sapphire. A veteran's charity gave the pit mix to Osthoff, a disabled veteran who was honorably discharged from the U.S. Navy in 2002, he told Patch.

When Sapphire developed a life-threatening stomach tumor, Osthoff, now 47, learned the surgery would cost $3,000. A veterinary technician took Osthoff aside and told him, "'I know a guy who runs a pet charity who can help you,'" Osthoff recounted.

His name was Anthony Devolder, and his pet charity was called Friends of Pets United, the vet tech told him.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 5