New GOP Congressman's entire resume is faked

Orale

19 minutes ago, kevwun said:

What's the reason for the twitter suspension?

Great question.  I don't think anyone really knows yet.  Here's an article that gives a little more info on it.

https://www.mediaite.com/weird/george-santoss-official-congressional-twitter-account-mysteriously-suspended/

What appears to be the verified Twitter account for Rep. George Santos (R-NY) was listed as suspended, then seemingly briefly restored, and then apparently suspended again on Friday without an explanation.

The account for serial liar Santos as a government official has only been live a short time, and although his campaign account, @Santos4Congress, is untouched — his last tweet was denying another lie — the official account was suspended on Friday.

This is the verified account with the new color-code system, meaning it had a grey checkmark with this designation: “This account is verified because it is a government or multilateral organization account.”

An archive search produced only one tweet on the account pre-suspension, from the 18th of January.

Twitter users noticed the account was suspended on Friday morning. Then the communications director for fellow Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz said that the account appeared to have been restored, but shortly after it was either once again or still suspended when other users, including this writer, visited the page.

Neither Twitter nor Santos have posted any explanations or comments on the suspension at the time of this post. If that happens we may update with more information.

Is there any chatter of the voters in NY-03 discontent?  I imagine not because they are mostly wealthy people who generally are able to just live life as normal amongst the inflation, etc.  I figure most of them are treating this with apathy and will just wait to vote for someone else next time, in the primary or general.

Edited by Old Freak Nasty

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

If you have any digital trail, you’d need to start with a fake conversion at a mega church. And the beauty of the MAGA con is that you have a ready made excuse for your sudden swerve to the right baked in and it only works better if you’re questioned on it. 

And not just a conversion at a mega church. You'd have to live the life, eg go after church with a dozen friends to a restaurant, eat just the free rolls, drink water, run the waiter ragged, then leave a tract as a tip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Has anyone investigated the timing of this dipshit starting to build his "cover story" and the moment the wifi went out on swam's boat for good?  I think the results of such a study could be revealing.

I am starting to wonder how good George Santos is with a 5 iron.

• Haha 2

Dude followed the Trump playbook to a tee - lie about everything and project confidence/feign Igbo when you’re caught - and is getting off with a Gaetz-sequel slap on his dainty wrist (for now, at least).

Fucking imbecile and perfect embodiment of the worst elected US political faction in recent memory.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Well let's not get hasty. He may be doing exactly what his owners bought him to do.

While I believe that he could very well be someone's useful idiot, does anyone really think this whole thing was conceived and orchestrated by a foreign actor?  I don't buy it.  It would have been way, way cleaner.  I'm willing to be those people exist at high levels of our government, but this clown aint it.

22 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

While I believe that he could very well be someone's useful idiot, does anyone really think this whole thing was conceived and orchestrated by a foreign actor?  I don't buy it.  It would have been way, way cleaner.  I'm willing to be those people exist at high levels of our government, but this clown aint it.

Yes, I believe it. SOMEBODY gave this guy a bunch of money, he went from broke to having $700k in the bank or something like that, in the runup to his campaign. If all this did not come from the ponzi scheme profits (and I suppose it could have), then SOMEBODY paid him to get in this position. So, who?

Alright, ya'll owe me.  I just watched this hour-long interview from 2020.  

The entire thing is fascinating(ly horrifying), but here are some things that stood out to me.

Blames his opponent at the time of only being motivated by government pensions @ 5:05. (note that a former roommate recently recalled a conversation in which "Anthony" cited lifetime healthcare and pension as a motivation to run for congress.)

Waxes poetic about the importance of "Truth" @ 11:20.

Talks about his inability to do 2nd grade common core math even though the has an economics degree and works in finance @36:10.

Talks about his family- including him Mom's executive position at Citigroup- @ 42:00.

I don't even know how to explain it, but just a ridiculous conversation about the 2nd amendment @46:40

Talks about the degradation of the traditional family unit and the importance of the nuclear family @53:18-55:38 

I'm not going to lie (hehe), this guy has tons of charisma.  But, he is so clearly playing a part and- as this was 2 years ago- he was still perfecting the script.  At a couple points in the interview he recognizes that he's made the interviewer bristle a little and he effortlessly qualifies the answer and shifts to a more palatable response.  

4 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

If you have any digital trail, you’d need to start with a fake conversion at a mega church. And the beauty of the MAGA con is that you have a ready made excuse for your sudden swerve to the right baked in and it only works better if you’re questioned on it. 

4 hours ago, Foosters said:

Yeah, that would be pretty funny. Up to the point where you're murdered by a fanatic Patriot.

3 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

And not just a conversion at a mega church. You'd have to live the life, eg go after church with a dozen friends to a restaurant, eat just the free rolls, drink water, run the waiter ragged, then leave a tract as a tip.

• Drool 1

4 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

is there oil under the tract?

31 minutes ago, Red Five said:

See? Just get elected. Then you are protected. "Look I don't condone child rape and murder, but the guy was elected. Leave him alone ok?"

Dennis Hastert - Wikipedia

• Rage+1 1

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/20/george-santos-appears-to-admit-drag-queen-past-in-wiki-post-00078812

But nearly a dozen years ago, Santos himself appears to have confirmed that he participated in drag shows while he was a teenager living in Brazil.

A Wikipedia page accessed by POLITICO shows a user named Anthony Devolder — a Santos alias — writing that he “startted [sp] his ‘stage’ life at age 17 as an gay night club [sp] DRAG QUEEN and with that won sevral [sp] GAY ‘BEAUTY PAGENTS [sp].’”

The Wiki biography was last edited on April 29, 2011. It contains basic information that matches up with the newly sworn-in congressman, including Devolder being born on July 22, 1988, to a Brazilian family with a European background.

His office referred calls for comment to an outside aide, who did not immediately respond. But if the person who created the Anthony Devolder Wiki bio was anyone other than Santos, it would mean someone used the same alias and same biographical details as him a dozen years ago, all for a user page no one else would see.

The Wiki bio for Anthony Devolder, which is full of spelling and grammatical errors, appears to contain fantastical descriptions of his supposed career in show business. It claims that he had a part in Disney’s “Hannah Montana,” among other examples.

It was, it appears, just the first in several attempts by Santos to edit his bio on the internet encyclopedia — steps that further show the degree to which he has gone to curate his life story.

In November, a Wiki user named Devmaster88 edited the Wikipedia page for then congressman-elect George Santos (a page separate from the Wiki bio for Anthony Devolder). The user changed the section about Santos’ personal life and made edits to his middle name. Around that time another account, georgedevolder22, also made edits to Santos’ public Wikipedia page, removing the entire middle name, Anthony Devolder, so that the biography was shortened to George Santos.

The identity of the users is not revealed by Wikipedia. But both accounts have subsequently been blocked from the site. Moderators, as part of the ban, wrote that Devmaster88 was “abusing multiple accounts” and that it was likely an extension of Georgedevolder22.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

In the 2011 Wiki bio, the user Anthony Devolder sprinkles show business credits that ring similarly untrue. He describes his Hollywood career as taking off after a meeting with a producer of the 1996 blockbuster “Independence Day.” He name drops the director Steven Spielberg (he misspelled his last name as “Spilberg”), and claims to have starred in “a few T.V shows and DISNEY Channel shows such as ‘the suite life of Zack and Cody” and the hit “Hanna[h] Montana.”

The Wiki bio concludes with Santos writing that, two years prior, he “taped his very first movie startting [sp] Uma Turman, [sp] Chris Odanald, [sp] Melllisa George, [sp] and Alicia Silver Stone [sp] in the movie “THE INVASION.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

The tragedy of the whole situation is that he looks far happier as a drag queen than being a US Congressman carrying the burden of debt to whichever entity owns him.  He certainly is not his own man anymore.  Seeing the pictures of him in drag almost makes me have empathy for him.  Almost doesn't mean I do though.  Fuck him and what he's become.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

The tragedy of the whole situation is that he looks far happier as a drag queen than being a US Congressman carrying the burden of debt to whichever entity owns him.  He certainly is not his own man anymore.  Seeing the pictures of him in drag almost makes me have empathy for him.  Almost doesn't mean I do though.  Fuck him and what he's become.

being in congress has better medical 

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Maybe that last one is true and those are all the correctly spelled names of some drag queen friends who shot a home movie with him. 

The Wiki bio concludes with Santos writing that, two years prior, he “taped his very first movie startting [sp] Uma Turman, [sp] Chris Odanald, [sp] Melllisa George, [sp] and Alicia Silver Stone [sp] in the movie “THE INVASION.”

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/21/politics/george-santos-denies-drag-queen-brazil-festival/index.html

Embattled Republican Rep. George Santos disputed claims that he was a “drag queen in Brazil,” telling reporters Saturday he was having “fun at a festival” as he refused to engage with questions from reporters on the debunked assertion that his mother was in the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.

“No, I was not a drag queen in Brazil, guys. I was young and I had fun at a festival. Sue me for having a life,” Santos told reporters at LaGuardia Airport, marking his first public response to reports that surfaced earlier this week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Sue me for having a life."  ???

Maybe this is all a gross misunderstanding, but phrases like that continue to frame his maturity level as that of a 12-year old.

And it's hard to say at this point which community he's hurting more, actual gay people or the residents of Nassau County.  

This is good.  It's an interview with 2 people from the only newspaper (The North Shore Leader) that actually sounded the alarm on Santos before the election.

https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/tnyradiohour/episodes/local-paper-sounded-alarm-george-santos-nobody-listened (first 23 minutes).

It's a nice perspective from some locally (and politically) connected folks who were on the ground while the whole thing developed. 

There's one thing in particular that the editor said that I hadn't heard, or even considered.  It is his opinion that the $700,000 that Santos lent his campaign doesn't exist, and never did.  His belief is that it was just a lie to fundraise.  By pretending to loan the campaign money he could establish credibility as rich, successful, and serious enough to put his own skin in the game. We'll see...

Edited by TexasHooch
  • Hook 'Em 1