New GOP Congressman's entire resume is faked

Orale

NYT examined the campaign expenditures from Santos’ campaign.  He spent 11K on rent for staff, but appears to have been a rental house for himself. He also has 30 reimbursed items for exactly $199.99.   At $200, the FEC wants a receipt.  Altogether he had over 800 expenses under $200.

no doubt that a campaign has small expenses here and there but he seemingly just expensed his living expenses which isn’t allowed.

• Haha 2

On 12/28/2022 at 9:25 PM, HornOnTheBayou said:

OK, I have to call BS. He's not Ted Cruz-ugly. Are y'all being honest or are you playing the "I only bang 10s" card?

Surly gays only bang 10's.  It's our lot in life.  We do it so you don't have to.  Etc. Etc.

Having said that, I would bang that supposed husband of his.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I absolutely fucking hate when reporters refuse to say any form of the word "lie".  He didn't "misrepresent" his fucking resume, he lied through his lying fucking teeth. 

Rage. 

Same. Heard recently, "He may have somewhat misrepresented various aspects of his blah blah blah blah". Bullshit. He created an entirely fake persona and then that fake person was elected to congress.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I absolutely fucking hate when reporters refuse to say any form of the word "lie".  He didn't "misrepresent" his fucking resume, he lied through his lying fucking teeth. 

Rage. 

Especially because those same liars are inciting violence against the media. They aren’t going to suddenly stop calling you the enemy of the people because you didn’t use the word “lie”

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm hoping to see some video of Santos on the floor of the House. I can't imagine any other rep would want to be seen talking with him. I also can't imagine that he's getting too many quality staff. Who would want to work for him giving the problems and that he may resign at any moment.

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm hoping to see some video of Santos on the floor of the House. I can't imagine any other rep would want to be seen talking with him. I also can't imagine that he's getting too many quality staff. Who would want to work for him giving the problems and that he may resign at any moment.

CNN just showed him. No one was talking with him. He had that look of “why isn’t anyone playing with me” on his face. 

I've watching the Speaker vote to see McCarthy lose this vote AND see the reaction when Santos name is called out. I expect some boos or loud comments. And while that may be not the best etiquette that would pale into comparison lying about your past, education, family, religion, health and the impact 9/11 had on you.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

From the twisted mind of this surly asshole.  Let's obtain his House office email address.  And inundate it with resumes for potential staffers, with completely made up bullshit credentials.  

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

If Santos thinks he can just waltz into the "Most Hated Legislator" role, he has another think coming.  We have Ted, Marge, Gym, Lauren, Louie, Kevin and a whole bunch of other pros who have put in the years.

Good point.  Can't just walk in a be King Asshole.  These other folks have put in the work, the stupidity, and the smarminess to earn that title.  

• Hook 'Em 1

santos is gonna end up reminding me of that "Mister Show" sketch where they kick Odenkirk outta the band because he sucks.  But he keeps thinking it's because of his one arm, to which Cross keeps replying, "No!  That's not it!  Yeah, you have the one arm, but also...and...in addition to that....you're a horrible fucking drummer.  I mean, I guess the missing harm isn't helping shit though..."

Santos to GOP: "Are you turning your back on me because I'm Latino?  Or because I'm gay?"
GOP: "No, that's not why.  You blatantly embarrassed us with your campaign lies.  We all put in multiple terms before we start pulling shit like that.  And you were so goddamn obvious about it!" 

Santos: "But you're not supporting me anymore because I'm a gay Latino?"
GOP: "No, dammit!  You're an albatross around our neck with a very tight majority.  And yeah, the gay Latino thing is not helping with the base."  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

So, he can't get seated until there's a Speaker.  

And I'm assuming that he can't get paid until he's seated.  

So how long until he's sucking dick for money behind the DC Sunoco in a tailored Houston Texans jersey?

That depends on how long it's been since his last wax appointment.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

Imagine this happening at your place of business. You hire a guy, and then learn that everything about his resume was a lie. Never went to college, no previous work experience, etc. "Oh well, guess we'll see how it goes!". 

Give him the Penske file. 

"Mr. Santos.  I'm afraid this legislation you turned in makes no sense at all.  I don't know what this is supposed to be.  It's almost as if you have no policy training whatsoever.  We have to vacate your seat."

"But I don't even really work here."

"That's just what Goldman Sachs said you'd say."