We have a Dog Issue ("YES, we WILL talk about Bruno")

ROFL BOX

39 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Too bad, I thought he was a good dude.

I'm not judging whether he's good or bad, but I've had 40 years experience with construction people, and, it's been my experience that "good" ones go bad every 5-10 years or so.  If you get a REALLY good sub, chances are, at some point something shitty will happen.

I posted this on TOS years ago, but we had him do our roof and he ghosted us before completing the job and cost us a couple grand to fix his fuckups. He also took way longer than promised and was an overall shitty vendor. I got a lawyer buddy involved to get him to take care of his shit, but never actually sued.

@ROFL BOX is a real piece of shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VRHorn said:

I posted this on TOS years ago, but we had him do our roof and he ghosted us before completing the job and cost us a couple grand to fix his fuckups. He also took way longer than promised and was an overall shitty vendor. I got a lawyer buddy involved to get him to take care of his shit, but never actually sued.

you’re nicer than me. There would have been words and probably more 

On 12/19/2022 at 12:53 PM, ztejas said:

So you got a shittty dog that's a dangerous breed. 

Find a rescue/shelter to give him to. Not sure what the "discussion" is supposed to be. 

Yeah, Dobermans can be great dogs.  But they can also be complete nightmares.  They require an incredible amount of dedication and training (we had 2 Rottweilers growing up, and while very different in personality from Dobies, still very demanding dog to own).  And the seller obviously knows he’s the latter.   It’s just not the right dog for you.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I'm not judging whether he's good or bad, but I've had 40 years experience with construction people, and, it's been my experience that "good" ones go bad every 5-10 years or so.  If you get a REALLY good sub, chances are, at some point something shitty will happen.

Fuck, I'm building a house in the next few months. I get along with the builder and since so much planning has gone into the project, it should be straight forward. But, I have to say that your post makes me nervous because I get it. And when we are talking today's rate of $350K/sqft, shit could get real pretty quick.

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Fuck, I'm building a house in the next few months. I get along with the builder and since so much planning has gone into the project, it should be straight forward. But, I have to say that your post makes me nervous because I get it. And when we are talking today's rate of $350K/sqft, shit could get real pretty quick.

Don’t get neurotic already.  

As a counterpoint to Gil’s ivory tower, shit don’t stink post, I have homeowners and builders go off the rails at least twice a year.  Complete crooks that refuse to follow the contract, refuse to properly handle money and refused to act like a responsible adult.  

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, VRHorn said:

We had a similar experience when he did our gutters. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, royiv said:

Is ATX Roofer going to be the preferred Surly roofer going forward?

Talk about a good time for our company to get into roofing. Mortgages and RE had slowed down so we do roofing as well now under our umbrella. Pools too but it’s December and 30 degrees. Austin and Houston so if ROFLBOX never comes back holla at me for your Austin needs 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

You building out of gold?

I was too slow to edit out the "K" because I was catching up on the drama in the thread - But whether it is $350K/sqft or $350/sqft, it is freaking expensive. And there aren't any places to cut. Timbers are $150K and there isn't some huge amt. of timber, plumbing is $40K, Electric is $40K, HVAC is radiant so runs high at $50K, Roof is $30K, Foundation is $40K, Framing is $130K, Windows are $40K, Cabinets are $60K, Doors including garage doors are $30K, Stone and masonry are $100K, siding is $40K, Flooring is $20K, Contractor is $100K - shit adds up quickly before you even think about fireplaces, lighting, plumbing fixtures, built-ins, and appliances. Plus there are a multitude of other expenses such as weather proofing, dry wall, painting, landscaping, trim and mill work, steel ties, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Bevo said:

I thought #2 was poop. Regardless, I thought you had two kids already so if she is pregnant, wouldn't that be #3. And assuming that I understand the issue, congrats. 

He was referring to the prior dog owners. IIRC he said they are in a small apartment with young kid and #2 on the way. They had to give up the dog and explains why they couldn’t take it back for multiple reasons. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, deadshank said:

Don’t get neurotic already.  

As a counterpoint to Gil’s ivory tower, shit don’t stink post, I have homeowners and builders go off the rails at least twice a year.  Complete crooks that refuse to follow the contract, refuse to properly handle money and refused to act like a responsible adult.  

You a sub?  If so, I'll bet that you agree that professional fund control is the best solution for all parties.  

Sorry for the derail.

31 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

You a sub?  If so, I'll bet that you agree that professional fund control is the best solution for all parties.  

Sorry for the derail.

Have a roofing and sheet metal company and a completely separate home building / remodel company.  

Please define professional  fund control.    Not being a smart ass.   If you’re taking about the typical 3rd party guy that checks construction progress armed with a schedule of values to report to the bank, they can be pretty dumb and royally screw up stuff.   Some are good.  Others are terrible.   

sorry to continue the derail.   Maybe we should get a room, Gil.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Bevo said:

Timbers are $150K and there isn't some huge amt. of timber, plumbing is $40K, Electric is $40K, HVAC is radiant so runs high at $50K, Roof is $30K, Foundation is $40K, Framing is $130K, Windows are $40K, Cabinets are $60K, Doors including garage doors are $30K, Stone and masonry are $100K, siding is $40K, Flooring is $20K, Contractor is $100K - shit adds up quickly 

E4073746-CDDF-4CCB-A9EE-353B5A5E8E24.gif

• Haha 2