We have a Dog Issue ("YES, we WILL talk about Bruno")

ROFL BOX

6 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

I have to say, you gotta give ROFLBOX at least some credit for jumping back into the thread and coming with fire. That said I am awaiting a response from BtR and VR before I issue a ruling. 

Just so we're clear, I sent him a PM this morning and haven't heard anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Maybe you’re a perfect person and have never done business with friends, or maybe you’ve never been hard up and made mistakes, we don’t know of course.  Shit happens, thus this whole thread, or the Chris Beard one. 

Sounds like shit happened quite a bit.  Getting a toll tag isn’t exactly rocket surgery. 
per @Born to Run it wasn’t just one time

Edited by closetohumping

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Sounds like shit happened quite a bit.  Getting a toll tag isn’t exactly rocket surgery. 
per @Born to Run it wasn’t just one time

Maybe so, @VRHorn still hasn’t posted his demand letter, BtR, has not produced a title for a vehicle he sold, and nobody in this thread has shown any evidence that ROFLBOX has screwed them, other than squeaky vaginas.  I’m waiting for the good stuff.  

• & FYI, progress (albeit slow) is being made with Bruno.
He still is a heavy load for walking & seems much stronger than Major was (even though Bruno is thinner & weighs less than Major was @ his peak).
If i had things my way, we would have 2 dogs & not (now) 4.

If he's in front of you, he's walking you, not the other way around. Put a pinch collar on and correct that shit. Who's the alpha here?
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Maybe so, @VRHorn still hasn’t posted his demand letter, BtR, has not produced a title for a vehicle he sold, and nobody in this thread has shown any evidence that ROFLBOX has screwed them, other than squeaky vaginas.  I’m waiting for the good stuff.  

Yep. Let’s get ready to rumble 

Just now, Judge Roybeanbag said:

As I mentioned like 3 posts up, I sent him a PM this morning (at his request) rather than going scorched earth. We'll see what the response is, so maybe hang loose in the interim.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, VRHorn said:

As I mentioned like 3 posts up, I sent him a PM this morning (at his request) rather than going scorched earth. We'll see what the response is, so maybe hang loose in the interim.

Ok cool.  I just think if you’re calling someone a crook, maybe you should sack up and post the evidence, but then again I’m not a giant pussy.  

51 minutes ago, deadshank said:

You sent a demand letter?  Was it certified mail; return receipt requested?   Did you get the return receipt as evidence the letter was received by the intended party?

I do that and then tack a copy to their privacy fence gate. Belt and suspenders. 

3 hours ago, deadshank said:

You sent a demand letter?  Was it certified mail; return receipt requested?   Did you get the return receipt as evidence the letter was received by the intended party?

I just want to see how strongly worded it is.  For research purposes.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Didn’t ROLFBOX let John Mueller stay in his camper for a while at the South 1st location?

Yes and John turned it into storage which ruined the camper.

Also it took him so long to respond due to tapatalk authentication issues which he posted screenshots of.

My friends HOA president is a twat and i told her so to her face after she complained about my truck being too ugly to park there.

• Haha 2

I don't know-- I'm kinda thinking we buried Roflebox too soon. Here is my judge scorecard:

Round 1: Goes to BornToRun with vicious left hooks that made him stumble into the ropes, aided by a solid body shot by VRhorn

Round 2: Goes to Roflbox came out with spirited defense and had a counter of his own to both the left hooks and body shots. 

Round 3: Bruno?

• Haha 1

I know it was mentioned way, way above, but during this intermission, for anyone here who decides to sell a vehicle, whether you decide to keep the plates and toll tag, take a few minutes, download this form, fill it out, and mail it to the TXDMV.  It even has a section called "did you keep the plates?"

https://www.txdmv.gov/sites/default/files/form_files/VTR-346.pdf

Carry on.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I don't know-- I'm kinda thinking we buried Roflebox too soon. Here is my judge scorecard:
Round 1: Goes to BornToRun with vicious left hooks that made him stumble into the ropes, aided by a solid body shot by VRhorn
Round 2: Goes to Roflbox came out with spirited defense and had a counter of his own to both the left hooks and body shots. 
Round 3: Bruno?

This is funny coming from someone who has been banned at least 4 times.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 1/4/2023 at 6:24 AM, UTPhil2006 said:

Their mortgage side of things is equally shit from the few times I’ve dealt with them. A lot of people choose their mortgage with them because of their insurance but their rates, service, underwriting etc generally are just not up to snuff. 

We should probably move it to our Real Estate thread, but yeah, you are correct.

• Hook 'Em 1

@Gil Bang Haha not nascar, we had a stint in transmissions, differentials and other driveline parts in the road racing industry for a bit. Manufacturing, distribution, sales, and service. The only thing I got out of that past life is a cool story, a near bankruptcy and a need to race cars before I die. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, dcbc said:

I know it was mentioned way, way above, but during this intermission, for anyone here who decides to sell a vehicle, whether you decide to keep the plates and toll tag, take a few minutes, download this form, fill it out, and mail it to the TXDMV.  It even has a section called "did you keep the plates?"

https://www.txdmv.gov/sites/default/files/form_files/VTR-346.pdf

Carry on.

Good advice, and also applies if your vehicle is wrecked.   My daughter got her car totaled by someone running a stop sign, I still got toll charges on it afterwards.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Hopefully these pics upload in the correct order.

Have I fucked up?  Yes.  Did I ghost BtR?  Yes... however he is @ fault for that as well (the 1st portion, anyhow).  Part of that was delays because of what I was doing / elbows deep into a project when he or M called (at first) & then later it was "OK, so how do I get myself out of this?"  & He did send stuff via FB messenger; his GF as well.

& Not that it matters, but the parking ticket is something I was unaware of until well after the fact.  All I can guess [on that one] is some asshat yanked the ticket off the windshield & I never saw it ...OOOOOOH...  YEAH, I DIDN'T HAVE THE REGISTRATION SO I COULDN'T RE-REGISTER IT into my name, so the mail went to him, NOT ME.

As to a couple of other items that appeared in this thread, those who are noted can please send me a text (PM's are shitty with notifications, etc).

If any of you fine readers want to discuss projects I have successfully handled for you, you are welcome to raise your hand.  I am not expecting anything, however I do know there are well over 75 Shaggers ... possible as many as 125 ... who I have done outstanding work for AND plenty who I have barely charged gas money or even nothing at all... some who I have merely consulted for free & told them "No $$ for me, pay the crew guy maybe $ ___ & keep me out of it."
There's the fella up in Dallas where we did a total chimney removal as part of his re-roof.  I totally - 100% absorbed the costs on that.  A fella in Travis Country who needed a re-sleeve on a pipe boot & it took me less time to do that than it did to get my ladder off & back on the truck.  Someone else on this thread who we did a deck build for (around his new pool) after the total re-roofing (& after the public adjuster took an insanely long amount of time to push the file through), I didn't make even 25% of what I should have - & I didn't complain to him @ all (PS:  While you were @ the Notre Dame game, we jumped off the new porch roof & into the pool.  I don't regret that even a bit, nothing got damaged)..
  There is one person who in the last 2 months seemed surprised that I was going to have a gutter installation quoted by another co. & then take some $$ off the top when the specific profile (shape) they wanted is only available from 2 companies in the area & I put in the leg-work to track the product down (it was on a house next door to their BnB in Southeastern Austin... Cesar Chavez-ish area).

I am well aware that negative reviews stick around a LOT longer than positive.  Reputations are crazy difficult to repair.  & I have definitely fucked this up.  But, as you will see... all is NOT 100% on me.  I will let the resident assholes dig into that & decide any re-allocated fault.
I will also admit this:  Construction work (ownership, management, installation, ditch digger) is often where people end up because they aren't qualified to do anything else.  It can be like furniture or car sales - once you get into it & stick around for 9 months or more, you're probably stuck for the rest of your career.

885817685_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(1).jpg.855ec4d38cd53ea893b9522373b1b66b.jpg

1010764734_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(2).thumb.jpg.23c87a825fa6f61c29ea67f635e71308.jpg

1506808433_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(3).thumb.jpg.52601c410e4e83d2f668883f0d1af759.jpg

983815643_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(4).thumb.jpg.87a8dace79171a08dffc3ccdf18e923e.jpg

65585368_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(5).thumb.jpg.2ab2efd8187c268ee161b687d6fe7b62.jpg

1639773717_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(6).jpg.be8ed728a1652af1e92ecb588636292d.jpg

521061883_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(7).jpg.807e4467ad5fe8916430cdc4a7c76b84.jpg

1147517894_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(8).thumb.jpg.135d2e2884e09fbd34d318655435b30b.jpg

image.png.8562edc5c0e5db4a14ac7c61f05247a2.png

1033146200_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(10).thumb.jpg.210cfa6f2e4afab5dc11dfa10c158490.jpg

1184886261_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(11).jpg.a255fe51171d652daa1b59e5622ba0ca.jpg
Bro you said you were going to handle title. I've had everything you need since Sept of 2021. You have not responded since. Not one fucking time. Not to resolve truck, minor warranty issues on projects.

Zero response full stop.
All you had to do was take all the paperwork from us and handle your shit.

We've offered to meet you anywhere or go in with you.

You haven't been That busy if you're out buying dogs and parking illegally.
Just more deflection and bullshit.

I don't have time to wade through all this bullshit right now as I have family in town doing late Christmas until Monday.

Maybe spend less time making excuses and handle your shit before its necessary to put you on blast to even get a response.

Still no text or call, you coward.

• Hook 'Em 1

Why would pay for a vehicle in full and not get the title for it? Did you pay cash on delivery? Or was there a payment plan? You don't drive off without title in the former and you don't make the final payment without the title in the latter. Sounds like some bad business decision making on both sides.
It was originally loaned as a favor, then payment plan if he decided to keep it.

• Hook 'Em 1

For the record, since ROFLBOX brought it up, he did a total re-roof for me last year and we had no issues and a bit of free labor/materials thrown in for some stuff that needed to be done but wasn’t really a part of the re-roof job.

Did you get the customary, free moustache ride?
  • Haha 1

On 1/4/2023 at 10:55 PM, DaysOff said:

If he's in front of you, he's walking you, not the other way around. Put a pinch collar on and correct that shit. Who's the alpha here?

This is correct but why use a pinch collar? That sounds barbaric. You don’t need to inflict pain or discomfort in order to train your dog. A regular collar will do.

Walking your dog isn’t just for physical exercise. It’s also a social exercise. Your dog should walk next to you, at your “heel,” and the leash should hang loosely between you. If the dog charges ahead and pulls the leash taught, stop them and make them sit and calm down. Then start the walk again. If they tug on the leash and try to pull away from you again, make them sit and calm down again. Then repeat the process.

It takes some time, repetition, and patience. You may only take two or three steps each time before you have to stop and make them sit. But that’s how it goes. Don’t get angry. They want to please you. They’ll get it eventually.

Your dog is who you let it be. Every time it engages you in behavior you don’t like, it’s giving you an opportunity to correct that behavior.

Sorry, didn’t mean to rerail the thread by getting back on topic. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Pinch collar provides instant correction in a way the dog innately understands. Like his mother correcting him as a pup. It is a very humane way to train heel initially. 

Are you going to put one on and test it? I’m not.

A tug on a normal collar and a verbal command works the same way. People have been successfully training dogs long before anyone came up with the idea of the pinch collar. I don’t see how they can be the difference between being able or unable to train a dog. I’d be concerned that the people inclined to opt for the pinch collar might be the impatient sort who would be more inclined to abuse it.

On 1/5/2023 at 10:32 PM, troph said:

@Gil Bang Haha not nascar, we had a stint in transmissions, differentials and other driveline parts in the road racing industry for a bit. Manufacturing, distribution, sales, and service. The only thing I got out of that past life is a cool story, a near bankruptcy and a need to race cars before I die. 

Drag Show Drag Racing !

On 1/7/2023 at 12:41 PM, Born to Run said:

Bro you said you were going to handle title. I've had everything you need since Sept of 2021. You have not responded since. Not one fucking time. Not to resolve truck, minor warranty issues on projects.

Zero response full stop.
All you had to do was take all the paperwork from us and handle your shit.

We've offered to meet you anywhere or go in with you.

You haven't been That busy if you're out buying dogs and parking illegally.
Just more deflection and bullshit.

I don't have time to wade through all this bullshit right now as I have family in town doing late Christmas until Monday.

Maybe spend less time making excuses and handle your shit before its necessary to put you on blast to even get a response.

Still no text or call, you coward.

C'mon, man. We're expecting you to escalate! This response adds zero drama. Get your shit together!