We have a Dog Issue ("YES, we WILL talk about Bruno")

ROFL BOX

As far as leash training it is very simple yet requires a LOT of patience.

Once your dog starts pulling just walk in the opposite direction. The dog will pull that way as well, but you must continue changing direction every time.

The dog will eventually give up and watch for you to lead.

I recommend a backpack full of beer for this training exercise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I just want to say thanks to this thread.  I sold my recently deceased father's truck for cash, title in hand.  I kept the plates, registartions sticker and toll tag. We filled out the online transfer of title notice before handing over the keys.  Nice guy buyer sent me a picture the same day with new plates and registration sticker on the truck.

Square deal.  No BS.  Thanks Surly.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This pendejo had all that sweet downtime off the roofs with the ice storms and still no action. His phone Still doesn't work.
I'm starting to think think this guy is a piece of shit
I mean the first few DMs from others that also got burned kind of confirmed matters, but maybe he's just misunderstood?

Fuck face

12 hours ago, Born to Run said:

This pendejo had all that sweet downtime off the roofs with the ice storms and still no action. His phone Still doesn't work.
I'm starting to think think this guy is a piece of shit
I mean the first few DMs from others that also got burned kind of confirmed matters, but maybe he's just misunderstood?

Fuck face

So this shit still hasn't been taken care of? Jesus. On the upside, he's probably about to be flush with insurance cash fixing all the roof damage from the ice storm. On the downside, he's going to be driving all over town racking up tolls.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, royiv said:

So this shit still hasn't been taken care of? Jesus. On the upside, he's probably about to be flush with insurance cash fixing all the roof damage from the ice storm. On the downside, he's going to be driving all over town racking up tolls.

And screwing over handicapped people who want to shop at Home Depot 

On 1/24/2023 at 3:04 PM, Elvis said:

I just want to say thanks to this thread.  I sold my recently deceased father's truck for cash, title in hand.  I kept the plates, registartions sticker and toll tag. We filled out the online transfer of title notice before handing over the keys.  Nice guy buyer sent me a picture the same day with new plates and registration sticker on the truck.

Square deal.  No BS.  Thanks Surly.

Did you ever sell the avalanche?

• Haha 1

On 1/5/2023 at 10:32 PM, troph said:

@Gil Bang Haha not nascar, we had a stint in transmissions, differentials and other driveline parts in the road racing industry for a bit. Manufacturing, distribution, sales, and service. The only thing I got out of that past life is a cool story, a near bankruptcy and a need to race cars before I die. 

Wait! Wait! Wait! Sooooo...tranny stuff?

Happy Cracking Up GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3
  • Fuck You 4

34 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I park my car 

in handicapped spaces

while handicapped people

make handicapped faces

I'm an Asshole (yo yo, yo yo yo yo)

37 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I park my car 

in handicapped spaces

while handicapped people

make handicapped faces

I'm an Asshole (yo yo, yo yo yo yo)

16 hours ago, troph said:

I had an employee that used the word “tranny” at work, he wasn’t well liked, I fucking cringed every time he said it. So yeah, not cool and true at the same time. Grrrr.

When I was first around car people regularly, I thought the same. And that was before it had any real gender connotations. It’s redneck slang.

I was just being an asshole, poking with it. Certainly not meaning to offend. It was a hanging curveball. 

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

When I was first around car people regularly, I thought the same. And that was before it had any real gender connotations. It’s redneck slang.

I was just being an asshole, poking with it. Certainly not meaning to offend. It was a hanging curveball. 

No issue but I reported you. J/k.  I have thicker skin than most of y’all realize. I generally can sense people’s intention. It was ironic though because I was struggling at the time and he would not stop. Keep in mind we would sell 4-5 new transmissions or transaxles per month and repair another 8-10. It was a front and center term and I would wince every time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I would reckon I've used tranny in place of transmission at a 25/1 clip.  Don't know why, but I know it's been that way at least 20 years and has not a single thing to do with the LGQBT movement.  I would also estimate it's me dog cussing a 4L60e, and now a 6L80e problem child about 75% of those times. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/5/2023 at 11:26 PM, Walte464 said:

Did you ever sell the avalanche?

Still got it. I have too much invested to give it away for what other folks think it’s worth. My son is 13, so I’ll just keep it for his first truck in a couple of years.  I need to drive it more so the few original things on it don’t rot while it’s in storage. 

I fired it up after my dads funeral. Other than a dead battery, it ran like a top. The interior is unbelievably clean. 

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/topic/22521-new-motor-with-100k-gm-warranty-avalanche-ltz-new-interior-brakes-tires-more/#comment-4243433

IMG_6163.JPG

IMG_6197.JPG

IMG_6213.JPG

Edited by Elvis
  • Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Que Lastima!

Bro could call me, but he is just a pos. I'm still getting dms for days for a piece of shit that fucked over so many by Roflbox. He used to be alright now he's just an inbox full of fellas that also got fucked over too. Fuck you fucker. Can't wait to meet face to face.

How/where did you guys exchange the truck? Do you not know where he lives?

On 2/7/2023 at 10:43 AM, troph said:

No issue but I reported you. J/k.  I have thicker skin than most of y’all realize. I generally can sense people’s intention. It was ironic though because I was struggling at the time and he would not stop. Keep in mind we would sell 4-5 new transmissions or transaxles per month and repair another 8-10. It was a front and center term and I would wince every time. 

image.jpeg.cdefd9b7ae63241bad27369dfd3c421a.jpeg

• Drool 1

• 3 weeks later...
So.  Been nearly a month. [mention=1009]ROFL BOX[/mention] is this over?
No this piece of shit can't be bothered to answer his phone much less do the right thing.

Surprising amount of DMs from people that have had problems with him in the recent past.

He probably dumped the dog or something equally shitty.

I'm discussing options with an attorney.

Might drive down to Drip later.

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

No this piece of shit can't be bothered to answer his phone much less do the right thing.

Surprising amount of DMs from people that have had problems with him in the recent past.

He probably dumped the dog or something equally shitty.

I'm discussing options with an attorney.

Might drive down to Drip later.

Look for the guy parked in the handicap spot?

He had some momentum, looked like he was fighting back.  I'm assuming he's not too busy for this board as he used to post here a lot.

• 6 months later...
16 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:
On 10/1/2023 at 7:08 PM, VRHorn said:
Oh hey, [mention=1009]ROFL BOX[/mention] is back!

Oh, hey... I still don't have the title, the truck is still dead from a blown engine & I never have received the $$ on tolls.

Again not wanting to take sides but looking for clarity.   How many miles did you drive the truck before the engine died and you’re asking them to pay for your tolls?