We have a Dog Issue ("YES, we WILL talk about Bruno")

ROFL BOX

14 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I would somehow end up hanging out with ROFL every few ears. He even came to a crawfish boil of mine. Was always cool to me. Did some work for a friend and she too complained about his lack of communication. Told her to fire his ass and move on. 

Last I saw him was at John Muellers memorial. He gave me a ride home in a white dodge ram with serious transmission issues. He went on about various things people had called him out on seemingly to explain. I gave zero fucks because I was tired and half drunk.

I dont think he is a bad guy but just has absolutely no clue what he is doing.

Perhaps on the spectrum.

Who knows. 

you’re a modern day Jesus, friend to all 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I’ve known ROFLBOX for quite a few years, more than 10 anyway.  I find it hard to believe he would maliciously screw anybody.  Seems more like a person who over promises and inevitably under delivers because he wants to be liked and successful.

aka...screwing someone over.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

over promising and under delivering isn't a great recipe for success

No shit, Sherlock, but that’s how some people operate.   They want to please honestly, but over extend and fuck things up. Mind you I’d rather do one job really well than screw up five.   But I think that’s what we’re talking about here. In other words I don’t think he intentionally screwed someone, just in over his head and couldn’t figure out how to fix it.  He is from Florida I believe.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

No shit, Sherlock, but that’s how some people operate.   They want to please honestly, but over extend and fuck things up. Mind you I’d rather do one job really well than screw up five.   But I think that’s what we’re talking about here. In other words I don’t think he intentionally screwed someone, just in over his head and couldn’t figure out how to fix it.  He is from Florida I believe.  

Yep. I'm with you on this.

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm working in customer-facing sales right now and our general idea is to under-promise and over-deliver. Because we do a good job and are good people. 

If you are over-promising and under-delivering you aren't just some misunderstood soul you are either a fucking dipshit or a crook - neither of which I have much patience for. 

So yeah - if the guy has Downes syndrome I guess we can just all laugh it off but outside of that - and based on what others have reported here - he's seemingly another run of the mill dishonest or incompetent contractor. And people like that tend to be proficient when it comes to fucking over their customers. 

Fuck that guy and - like I commented on page 1 - fuck him getting an unmanageable dog to kick this thing off.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, VRHorn said:

Look, when someone (plus insurance) is paying you "the shucky darn, I fucked up" thing isn't acceptable. I am out thousands of dollars and @Born to Run is out a truck, so spare me the little engine that could bullshit.

The fuckhead was bragging about sleeping in the back of a strip club when he was allegedly doing my roof, so I don’t have a lot of faith in his decision making. I would doxx the ever-living shit out of that lowlife, but management frowns on that, apparently.

Sorry for your loss.   Go ahead and dox, in this case I don’t think immamac cares.

On 12/28/2022 at 3:03 PM, gernblansten said:

The hell you will! He's got a two-day head start on you, which is more than he needs. He's gone through toll booths in every town and village from El Paso to Texarkana. He speaks day laborer, knows every local scam. He'll blend in, disappear. You'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got all your roofing materials already.

All right, listen up, ladies and gentlemen, our fugitive has been on the run for 8 days. Average truck speed, over uneven ground, barring injuries, is 60 miles per hour. That gives us a radius of... many miles. What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive's name is ROFLBOX. Go get him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Do we know if OP saw @Born to Run put him on blast?  Last login date same day as initial call-out post but I don't know how to tell beyond that.  Guess there's an outside chance he's just been busy and will obliviously come back to 100 mentions and pitch forks.  More than likely he's lurking and reading from a new account or logged out in his browser.

Either way... I will feel cheated if we don't get some kind of resolution here.  Whether it's a gaslighting, refuting counter or an earnest apology.  @ROFL BOX don't be a bitch.  Have some honor.

Edited by 40acredropout
  • Haha 1

On 12/26/2022 at 9:26 PM, Born to Run said:

That's actually Truth. Marshall is an interesting cat, Burner as in Burning Man stuff so a bit eccentric, but super chill and amazing with Dogs. Also does SAR for missing animals as well as training. Really knows his stuff. Honest guy and oddly enough has superb locksmith training and never stole my shit either.

Pretty sure Rofl burned that bridge too last I heard.

Was his last name Reed? I misplaced his number. Can you PM it?

Do we know if OP saw [mention=2205]Born to Run[/mention] put him on blast?  Last login date same day as initial call-out post but I don't know how to tell beyond that.  Guess there's an outside chance he's just been busy and will obliviously come back to 100 mentions and pitch forks.  More than likely he's lurking and reading from a new account or logged out in his browser.
Either way... I will feel cheated if we don't get some kind of resolution here.  Whether it's a gaslighting, refuting counter or an earnest apology.  [mention=1009]ROFL BOX[/mention] don't be a bitch.  Have some honor.
Yeah I felt that way for a fucking year. Maybe he's dead, maybe he has cancer, maybe he's so busy trying to make ends that the he can't bother to answer his phone or go to the DMV because he's hustling.
Yeah hustling buying a superfluous dog he can't keep after a day. That's all I need to know. F you Rofl

He knows about this thread. Dude has a million posts over the years and knows everyone on here. It weirdly was part of his identity.

Delete thread and OP and move on.
Hopefully my PI Brother Shamus handles it and isn't working both sides.

Hopefully these pics upload in the correct order.

Have I fucked up?  Yes.  Did I ghost BtR?  Yes... however he is @ fault for that as well (the 1st portion, anyhow).  Part of that was delays because of what I was doing / elbows deep into a project when he or M called (at first) & then later it was "OK, so how do I get myself out of this?"  & He did send stuff via FB messenger; his GF as well.

& Not that it matters, but the parking ticket is something I was unaware of until well after the fact.  All I can guess [on that one] is some asshat yanked the ticket off the windshield & I never saw it ...OOOOOOH...  YEAH, I DIDN'T HAVE THE REGISTRATION SO I COULDN'T RE-REGISTER IT into my name, so the mail went to him, NOT ME.

As to a couple of other items that appeared in this thread, those who are noted can please send me a text (PM's are shitty with notifications, etc).

If any of you fine readers want to discuss projects I have successfully handled for you, you are welcome to raise your hand.  I am not expecting anything, however I do know there are well over 75 Shaggers ... possible as many as 125 ... who I have done outstanding work for AND plenty who I have barely charged gas money or even nothing at all... some who I have merely consulted for free & told them "No $$ for me, pay the crew guy maybe $ ___ & keep me out of it."
There's the fella up in Dallas where we did a total chimney removal as part of his re-roof.  I totally - 100% absorbed the costs on that.  A fella in Travis Country who needed a re-sleeve on a pipe boot & it took me less time to do that than it did to get my ladder off & back on the truck.  Someone else on this thread who we did a deck build for (around his new pool) after the total re-roofing (& after the public adjuster took an insanely long amount of time to push the file through), I didn't make even 25% of what I should have - & I didn't complain to him @ all (PS:  While you were @ the Notre Dame game, we jumped off the new porch roof & into the pool.  I don't regret that even a bit, nothing got damaged)..
  There is one person who in the last 2 months seemed surprised that I was going to have a gutter installation quoted by another co. & then take some $$ off the top when the specific profile (shape) they wanted is only available from 2 companies in the area & I put in the leg-work to track the product down (it was on a house next door to their BnB in Southeastern Austin... Cesar Chavez-ish area).

I am well aware that negative reviews stick around a LOT longer than positive.  Reputations are crazy difficult to repair.  & I have definitely fucked this up.  But, as you will see... all is NOT 100% on me.  I will let the resident assholes dig into that & decide any re-allocated fault.
I will also admit this:  Construction work (ownership, management, installation, ditch digger) is often where people end up because they aren't qualified to do anything else.  It can be like furniture or car sales - once you get into it & stick around for 9 months or more, you're probably stuck for the rest of your career.

885817685_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(1).jpg.855ec4d38cd53ea893b9522373b1b66b.jpg

1010764734_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(2).thumb.jpg.23c87a825fa6f61c29ea67f635e71308.jpg

1506808433_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(3).thumb.jpg.52601c410e4e83d2f668883f0d1af759.jpg

983815643_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(4).thumb.jpg.87a8dace79171a08dffc3ccdf18e923e.jpg

65585368_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(5).thumb.jpg.2ab2efd8187c268ee161b687d6fe7b62.jpg

1639773717_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(6).jpg.be8ed728a1652af1e92ecb588636292d.jpg

521061883_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(7).jpg.807e4467ad5fe8916430cdc4a7c76b84.jpg

1147517894_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(8).thumb.jpg.135d2e2884e09fbd34d318655435b30b.jpg

image.png.8562edc5c0e5db4a14ac7c61f05247a2.png

1033146200_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(10).thumb.jpg.210cfa6f2e4afab5dc11dfa10c158490.jpg

1184886261_20222023BornToRunClawsonStuff(11).jpg.a255fe51171d652daa1b59e5622ba0ca.jpg

Edited by ROFL BOX
Forgot to edit out BtR's name on one of the pics.

[mention=1009]ROFL BOX[/mention]  Questions.
1. Did [mention=2205]Born to Run[/mention] hook you up?  With a truck?  Yes.  Did I pay for it?  Review the screenshots again & then respond to yourself.

2. Did you intentionally screw over [mention=2205]Born to Run[/mention]?  Only on some of the tolls because I was both in a pinch & MoPac was being a bitch / I was severely behind on time & a couple I forgot to get out of the L lane & was stuck.  & A few of them, I was kinda pissed because he didn't get the title to me & I figured I'd hand him a $fitty$ or maybe up to a $hundo$ once I got the title (that 1:1 interaction never happened & I obv. don't have the toll tag paperwork to review for a total... & I'm obviouslynot really in a position to refute something that has not actually been presented in physical form as evidentiary).

3. Do you owe him money?  Will you pay him back?  See # 2.

4. Do you really park in the handicapped spot?  I have no recollection of the event & as noted ^^ , I never did see any paper ticket on the windshield.